Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

They required you to finish 2.0 originally, idk when but they changed that awhile ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

homeless snail posted:

They required you to finish 2.0 originally, idk when but they changed that awhile ago
Oh, huh. I had no idea.

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

the_steve posted:

So, I'm looking at getting back into this game for Shadowbringers, because fuckyeah Gunblades.

Question is, as far as Gunbreaker goes, is it going to be like the Dark Knight where you have to have a level 60 class and access to the expansion zone to unlock it? Or will it be unlockable so long as you've got the expac bought and paid for?

Also, which servers are the "best" for RP communities?

Balmung is probably the biggest overall, but Mateus also has a huge RP scene. I've been running an rp Fc on Mateus for a few years now, it's a good community.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I did the quest to unlock Eureka. Then I realized it required entering an instanced area like PotD (which I also never touched) and immediately decided I didn't need to bother with it. Later on I found out that's where the Relic stuff is and breathed a sigh of relief. I finished my Zeta and got halfway through my Anima- hiding the Anemos (?) away in there was the perfect way to keep me from even thinking about it. Relics are just too much of a time sink to start with and Eureka seems like by far the worst one yet.

I sure would like Ozma as FF9 is my personal favorite FF game, but nothing in the last few pages of this discussion has given me any indication that any part of Eureka would be fun or interesting for me so I'm fine with giving it a pass. I understand that MMOs need some kind of grind-based endgame to keep the hardcore players subscribed and I'm happy for those that enjoyed it, but for me grinding monsters is and always has been the worst system for progress in MMOs and I have no interest in reliving those days.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Good Username Here posted:

I'm also on Aether! I don't know if anyone else runs a cross world linkshell and I'm already in one for my static but I'd be down to join one when 5.0 drops.

Sounds good to me, I can make one once SHB drops. My FC is just a few buds that don't really do much endgame stuff so I've been needing more people to do content with.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

cum calamity posted:

Are there any goon cross world linkshells on Aether? I know basically everyone is on Primal but been around here too many years to change!

I'm on Aether as well. Professor Latency on Jenova. I just got in a position to start playing again so I'm playing catch-up like mad so I can Gunbreaker.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Adept Nightingale posted:

Balmung is probably the biggest overall, but Mateus also has a huge RP scene. I've been running an rp Fc on Mateus for a few years now, it's a good community.
The time I spent on Mateus with a character was way better than anything I'd seen from Balmung. It might get lovely later but if you want to RP it seems like the place.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I really wish that Square did a pre-patch before expansions like WoW does. So many classes I wanna play but...Not until their reworks.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Im still mad about eureka because when I got a neat housing item from pazuzu I made a little area of my house to hold the housing item from each of the 4 bosses......and then none of the other bosses ended up having them

This is the only good post from Eureka chat. It's a drat shame we didn't get 3 more alters.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I really wish that Square did a pre-patch before expansions like WoW does. So many classes I wanna play but...Not until their reworks.

Same, I've actually just started levelling gatherers to pass the time. Feel like giving MCH a try, but not until 5.0.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

FactsAreUseless posted:

The time I spent on Mateus with a character was way better than anything I'd seen from Balmung. It might get lovely later but if you want to RP it seems like the place.

Cool, it's looking like Mateus is gonna be the place to go when I get around to reinstalling. Thanks for the info

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

SonicRulez posted:

This is the only good post from Eureka chat. It's a drat shame we didn't get 3 more alters.

On the same note, why are there only two miniatures of the Warring Triad? There's a Sophia miniature and a Zurvan miniature but no Sephirot miniature!

I admit I sometimes regret not keeping up with Eureka because I ended up enjoying Anemos near the end once I got my level high enough and began earning rewards. I was able to get a few dyeable AF items that I wanted and finished an Anemos weapon and was pretty happy. I unlocked Pagos but too late, I feel. It's so close to the expac now. It would have been nice to have gotten in on the money train, too, to have a solid bit of cash to go into ShB with.

Oh well. If the next one is any good, I'll try and keep on it. At least this time they'll hopefully have challenge logs right off the top and if they put in a few dailies or, like someone else suggested, leves, I could see myself plinking away at it steadily. The endgame daily zones in WoW, like Quel'Danas or the Timeless Isle, were always fun to me. I'd love it if Eureka 5.0 was more like that.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Out of curiosity, do Gatherers get more interesting at higher levels or is it always find a rock/tree and take what you want from it? Along with Fisher, I've only ever been those classes for minutes at a time to clear Ixali Quests and the early levels are deeply boring so I'm wondering if they get better or if they're just a necessary evil to be able to craft/make money. (Not counting anyone who finds it relaxing or what not.)

Also tangentially related but I remember having to do daily quests in Mor Dhona that involved catching fish and mining/botanizing. But I have absolutely no memory of what it could have been for. It might've been Relic related? Or maybe it was the Ixali? Or a different beast tribe? I feel like dodging Morbols in a maze may have been involved. Maybe it wasn't Mor Dhona?? But that's all my memory is pulling up. Anyone have any clue what I might've been doing?

EDIT: It was Ixali! Right? Higher level Ixali quests sent you out of the North Shroud, didn't they?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Out of curiosity, do Gatherers get more interesting at higher levels or is it always find a rock/tree and take what you want from it? Along with Fisher, I've only ever been those classes for minutes at a time to clear Ixali Quests and the early levels are deeply boring so I'm wondering if they get better or if they're just a necessary evil to be able to craft/make money. (Not counting anyone who finds it relaxing or what not.)

Also tangentially related but I remember having to do daily quests in Mor Dhona that involved catching fish and mining/botanizing. But I have absolutely no memory of what it could have been for. It might've been Relic related? Or maybe it was the Ixali? Or a different beast tribe? I feel like dodging Morbols in a maze may have been involved. Maybe it wasn't Mor Dhona?? But that's all my memory is pulling up. Anyone have any clue what I might've been doing?

EDIT: It was Ixali! Right? Higher level Ixali quests sent you out of the North Shroud, didn't they?

Yes Ixali quests sent you to Mor Dhona and Coerthas Central, when it's not in North Shroud.

Gatherers get more "interesting" with collectibles, but overall, not really. While fisher gets spearfishing which basically adds the "normal" gatherer playstyle to them in SB :v:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

the_steve posted:

Cool, it's looking like Mateus is gonna be the place to go when I get around to reinstalling. Thanks for the info
It didn't end up being for me - roleplaying in an MMO isn't a format I liked - but I hope you do!

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

For what it's worth, I don't really get anything out of public scene stuff like goes on over at the Quicksand. I usually hate RP in MMOs, but the housing stuff here is rich enough and in-depth enough that we were able to set up a pretty detailed group and run RP around a strong concept that way. We do a little bit of public facing stuff, mostly for recruitment, but the "good" RP mostly happens behind closed doors in small group settings. I look at it more like a tabletop game.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I like this new Minfilia.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Where is DNC going to start? Ul'dah presumably but I suppose they might drop a rabbit in Limsa.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

So 5.0 doesn't hit till the actual expansion? I wasn't sure how long this Mog thing was gonna run

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

Nessus posted:

Where is DNC going to start? Ul'dah presumably but I suppose they might drop a rabbit in Limsa.

Both new jobs are starting in Gridania iirc, just like both started in Ul'dah last time. I guess 6.0 will be Limsa's time.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

FuzzySlippers posted:

So 5.0 doesn't hit till the actual expansion? I wasn't sure how long this Mog thing was gonna run

Yeah, 5.0 is only going to go live on 28th, with early access start.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trusts are going to be SHB story dungeons only? In that case I should level my squad up to do the stuff before that.

Any good writeups on how to go about doing it?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Cephas posted:

can final fantasy 16 just be a AAA single-player remake of this game? I want a full game of going on missions with all these awesome dorky scions

What do you think New Game + is?

It's not, but holy poo poo would that be enough to make me completely redo ARR

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does NG+ refresh all the world quests too?

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
you're required to newgame+ the titan feast quest line before you can unlock the new jobs

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Dnc starts in Limsa.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Monathin posted:

This got lost in the shuffle of MCH and SCH doomsaying, but:

- Level BTN and MIN first. Honestly if you can stomach it you should try and get them as close to 70 as possible before starting on the rest of this, because two of the endgame skills for BTN and MIN (Leaf Turn/Unearth III, Bountiful Harvest/Yield II) make the process of gathering HQ materials (which you'll want for expedience way easier and less time consuming, which I find is the worst part of actually trying to get the DoL/DoH. Levespamming and daily GC turn-ins with BTN/MIN is unfortunately your only real option for 1-55, at which point you'll want to get into timed nodes and collectibles, since they give you both scrip and a fair amount of XP.

- While you're doing this, if you're feeling spicy, you should set up a retainer with a combat class. This is gonna make things marginally easier if you can get them leveled while you're going through your gatherers, cause it makes it easier to get HQ materials that drop from mobs. This is mostly applicable to LTW and CUL, who use the most mob drop-based materials for the longest (especially LTW, who you'll be leveling slowly otherwise, and who uses aldgoat leather for something like 15 levels), but it's marginally useful for things like ALC and WVR as well.

- If you're looking for a checklist of what to make and how, I used This google spreadsheet combined with everyone's favorite crafting site in order to figure out what I needed to make. In terms of checklist:

• Level everyone to 15 first. It's easy, you don't need to go material hunting (pretty much everything you need can be bought in the respective guilds save for like one or two ingredients), and it gets you your first round of cross-class skills, some of which stay useful for a long time (Hasty Touch, Manipulation, Waste Not, Tricks of the Trade are the ones that come to mind)
  • CUL to Level 37 for Steady Hand II. Steady Hand II is what makes Hasty Touch viable, and Hasty Touch is gonna be primarily how you increase Quality on anything for a long time.
  • CRP to 50 for Byregot's Blessing. Byregot's is how you are going to HQ basically everything from here until the end of time and sets up your 'basic' setup of 'increase Inner Quiet with Hasty Touch as high as you can get while still being able to finish the craft, Byregot's, finish.
  • WVR to 50 for Careful Synthesis II. Careful 2 literally replaces Basic Synthesis in all jobs, so the sooner you have it, the easier things'll be.
  • ALC to 50 for Comfort Zone. CP-restoring is gonna be your best friend from here on out.
  • LTW to 50 for Waste Not II. Waste Not II is probably your best Durability-saving action for a long time.
  • BSM and ARM to 50 for Ingenuity 2/Piece by Piece. It's easy to level these both simultaneously since their materials have a lot of overlap by their nature. Ingenuity II and PbP are both godsends later but aren't as useful when you get them.
  • GSM to 50 for Innovation. Innovation is useful but also the easiest-dropped part of your trifecta of quality-boosting buffs post-ARR crafting (Great Strides/Innovation/Ingenuity II).
  • CUL to 50. Reclaim is useless but you might as well have everyone to 50 at this point.

I'm struggling with 50-60 crafting right now so I can't give you much tips on that but there's probably something close to your 'preferred' order of leveling in order to get all the tools you'll need.
Quoting for later

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Gonna miss you, 4.x MCH.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I like this new Minfilia.

I appreciate this post.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

For what it's worth, I don't really get anything out of public scene stuff like goes on over at the Quicksand. I usually hate RP in MMOs, but the housing stuff here is rich enough and in-depth enough that we were able to set up a pretty detailed group and run RP around a strong concept that way. We do a little bit of public facing stuff, mostly for recruitment, but the "good" RP mostly happens behind closed doors in small group settings. I look at it more like a tabletop game.
Yeah, nothing against it but it isn't what I was looking for. I guess I was hoping for more of a "play the game but everyone's in character and you interact with other players more" experience.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Zoig posted:

No, because its suspected that there are several that could be spoilers like plot characters we have not seen yet.

The known one are thancred as gun, minfilia as rogue, y'shtola and urianger we just saw mentioned, alphanaud as scholar and alisaie as red.

The fun part is they also have text conversations that change depending on the party, which will be extra neat if it applies to earlier dungeons with people who join afterwards.

I hope we recruit Elf-Zenos and he's like, the shittiest person to team with, but he does insane damage so you have to keep him around.

I also want Cid and Nero as Trust recruits.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
We probably won''t get any additional, non-Scion Trusts until 5.1.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Rhonne posted:

I hope we recruit Elf-Zenos and he's like, the shittiest person to team with, but he does insane damage so you have to keep him around.

I also want Cid and Nero as Trust recruits.

Hildebrand and godbert.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

frodnonnag posted:

Hildebrand and godbert.

Godbert goes AFK at the starting point for the whole dungeon, only to port into the boss room and one-shot it with a suplex

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

If I can’t have my girl Brayflox as a trust companion why even be alive.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Bussamove posted:

If I can’t have my boyfriend Aymeric as a trust companion why even be alive.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

CYBEReris posted:

Godbert goes AFK at the starting point for the whole dungeon, only to port into the boss room and one-shot it with a suplex

Hildebrand tanks by doing the manderville mambo, placement and aoe avoidal is awful to the point he runs into aoes. Godbert does damage by crafting random poo poo and going crazy with his hammer. His mother is a straight samurai or war but with a skillet.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Bussamove posted:

If I can’t have my boyfriend Aymeric as a trust companion why even be alive.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I can finally move my character to Excalibur today. Thank God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Haurchefant as a pld that runs in front of you if you’re standing in aoe

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 19:37 on May 31, 2019