Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I just started watching Us and was bothered enough to pause the movie get out of fullscreen and come here to say what a weird way to eat a strawberry.

Watch fearless with Jeff bridges

I never did but I was shown the scene where he eats a cherry(?) because he’s allergic and after surviving a plane crash he does dumb adrenaline junkie poo poo

All I could think of was man what a loving stupid way to die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Gone in 60 Seconds bugs me because they spend the entire movie stealing cars for this Scottish twat and at the end he’s like “yeah I’m gonna kill you anyway binch” and Cage is like “naw I’ma kill you instead”

Rendering the whole loving movie pointless

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Alan Smithee posted:

Gone in 60 Seconds bugs me because they spend the entire movie stealing cars for this Scottish twat and at the end he’s like “yeah I’m gonna kill you anyway binch” and Cage is like “naw I’ma kill you instead”

Didn't he renege on the deal because Cage basically destroyed the rarest car?

And why didn't they just let Eccleston kill Ribisi? He was an arrogant little twerp, an absolute pecker, that almost got everyone killed or imprisoned.

Actually, why is Giovanni Ribisi still alive in general? Hasn't his time passed by now?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
As much as Ribisi's character was an rear end in a top hat, he was still Nic Cage's brother. The concept of family runs strong in the car thieving profession, as seen in the Fast & Furious franchise.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

What happens when you return the soul stone? Is you sacrifice given back?

That's not a sacrifice. That's a deposit.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Okay, now explain why the actor Giovanni Ribisi is allowed to live. I'm amazed more people haven't punched him in the nose.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

He apparently has a show called Sneaky Pete where he plays a con man that just launched its third season on Amazon Prime.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Alan Smithee posted:

I had largely the same complaint about John Wick 2. Like I get that he's supposed to be going along with what that guy wants because otherwise he'll be banned from the Continental but it's a loving hotel chain, just give them two stars on trip advisor and tell them to gently caress off. :v:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Pilchenstein posted:

I had largely the same complaint about John Wick 2. Like I get that he's supposed to be going along with what that guy wants because otherwise he'll be banned from the Continental but it's a loving hotel chain, just give them two stars on trip advisor and tell them to gently caress off. :v:

Well at that point it's not really about just being banned from the Continental, he's also got a worldwide contract on his head for killing a member of the High Table and even though he's John Wick he can't survive under those circumstances for much longer.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Basebf555 posted:

Well at that point it's not really about just being banned from the Continental, he's also got a worldwide contract on his head for killing a member of the High Table and even though he's John Wick he can't survive under those circumstances for much longer.
I still enjoyed the film because the action was great but John Wick comes across as a total loving chump for being that guy's bitch for the entire film (even killing someone he apparently considers a friend) because of the special rules of Murder Club, which he then breaks anyway. Don't get me wrong - it would have been worse if he hadn't killed the guy, he just should have done it straight away.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

John Wick 3 is where they start digging into why people follow the rules of Assassin Society, what happens when you break them and finally pushing back against them.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

muscles like this! posted:

John Wick 3 is where they start digging into why people follow the rules of Assassin Society, what happens when you break them and finally pushing back against them.

If you...

Were thinking...

About...

Pushing...

Baaack...

DON'T

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Pilchenstein posted:

I still enjoyed the film because the action was great but John Wick comes across as a total loving chump for being that guy's bitch for the entire film (even killing someone he apparently considers a friend) because of the special rules of Murder Club, which he then breaks anyway. Don't get me wrong - it would have been worse if he hadn't killed the guy, he just should have done it straight away.

John was out for his blood after his house got blown up, and the only thing that stopped him was The Rules and being unarmed in a building full of armed guards ("You're trying to figure out how to kill me and then get out of here alive, aren't you?").

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Didn't he renege on the deal because Cage basically destroyed the rarest car?

And why didn't they just let Eccleston kill Ribisi? He was an arrogant little twerp, an absolute pecker, that almost got everyone killed or imprisoned.

Actually, why is Giovanni Ribisi still alive in general? Hasn't his time passed by now?

Cage basically totaled "Eleanor", the rarest car of the lot, so the deal went sour. Realistically, the movie needed an actual ending because it was a remake of older, cool, getaway movie which really did not have an ending besides the thief driving away. So they went Hollywood.

I actually liked how they used Vinnie Jones in that movie.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Der Kyhe posted:

Realistically, the movie needed an actual ending because it was a remake of older, cool, getaway movie which really did not have an ending besides the thief driving away.
Iirc, the original ends with like, a 45 minute car chase and it totally rules.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Pilchenstein posted:

Exactly. :D

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Der Kyhe posted:

Cage basically totaled "Eleanor", the rarest car of the lot, so the deal went sour. Realistically, the movie needed an actual ending because it was a remake of older, cool, getaway movie which really did not have an ending besides the thief driving away. So they went Hollywood.

I actually liked how they used Vinnie Jones in that movie.

Man, Vinnie Jones... After juggernaut he just smashed himself right out of the industry I assume?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Valerian and the city of a thousand planets.

A stone age civilization almost dies when a space battle causes their planet to loving explode. A small fraction of them somehow (???) manages to survive on a crashed half-destroyed spaceship where they reverse engineer math, science, farming, philosophy, somehow (???) before they all die of suffocation/hunger/thirst.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

jojoinnit posted:

Man, Vinnie Jones... After juggernaut he just smashed himself right out of the industry I assume?

Nah, he's still around.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Away all Goats posted:

A stone age civilization almost dies when a space battle causes their planet to loving explode. A small fraction of them somehow (???) manages to survive on a crashed half-destroyed spaceship where they reverse engineer math, science, farming, philosophy, somehow (???) before they all die of suffocation/hunger/thirst.

They could reincarnate in the bodies of other species, they're basically the scientology aliens or something.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pilchenstein posted:

The original is basically a 45 minute car chase with some setup. And indeed it does rule.

ulex minor posted:

i just don't think the logic really follows there but it's a fair point to make and i suppose it's about 50% less irritating to me now

Actually might be a point that the guy who does kill the principal is basically set on the path to become a serial killer, the difference is he has a taxi and the kid has superpowers. And is a kid. Deadpool generally is very protective of kids and vulnerable people in general. (Usually) Maybe being a cancer patient will do that.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Away all Goats posted:

All of that, and when we meet them in the present, they are still dressed in the same garb and weaponry as when we first saw them on their planet. Didn't even bother to modernize a new pair of pants, or use a gun, despite them stealing tech from all over the ship.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
There is something about french comics that I bounce hard off of every time I try to read them.

The same seems to be true for money and their adaptations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Pilchenstein posted:

same, gently caress that guy

bigger problem is giving John Wick a motivation to live in the series now (other than "so I can remember my dead wife") but I'll keep watching these things

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Speaking of family and Fast & Furious

Is Han coming back to life in Hobbes and Shaw?

If not what the gently caress

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

Speaking of family and Fast & Furious

Is Han coming back to life in Hobbes and Shaw?

If not what the gently caress

The biggest thing is howe they can be friends with THE GUY WHO KILLED THEIR GOOD BUDDY HAN.

In even more irritating stuff did you know the characters full name is Han Seoul-O?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'll still watch that movie because it's going to be awesome, but it's not a real fast and furious movie without vin diesel. Tokyo drift is the only one that gets a pass in this regard.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

jojoinnit posted:

Off the top of my head he was Moran in Elementary, and he was great in Galavant. A quick glance at his IMDB seems to me like playing Juggernaut didnt hurt his career at all. Didnt help it probably, he does a lot of TV and a lot of straight to DVD action movies but he is working steadily. Its not like he was given roles in a lot of tentpole hollywood blockbusters before X3 that suddenly dried up.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Wow, I loved Galavant and completely forgot he was in it! :aaaaa:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

SiKboy posted:

Off the top of my head he was Moran in Elementary, and he was great in Galavant. A quick glance at his IMDB seems to me like playing Juggernaut didnt hurt his career at all. Didnt help it probably, he does a lot of TV and a lot of straight to DVD action movies but he is working steadily. Its not like he was given roles in a lot of tentpole hollywood blockbusters before X3 that suddenly dried up.
Yeah, if his career survived Swordfish it's pretty much unkillable. :v:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I don't watch a lot of horror movies, but man alive I cannot stand the cliche where the camera sees the Bad Guy, pans back to the victim, pans back to where the Bad Guy has vanished, pans back to the victim, and then Bad Guy appears out of nowhere and does what the Bad Guy does.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

MisterBibs posted:

I don't watch a lot of horror movies, but man alive I cannot stand the cliche where the camera sees the Bad Guy, pans back to the victim, pans back to where the Bad Guy has vanished, pans back to the victim, and then Bad Guy appears out of nowhere and does what the Bad Guy does.

You’re gonna hate John wick 3

Or love it Idk

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

You’re gonna hate John wick 3

Or love it Idk

John Wick 3 completely justifies it in the story, though.

Those dudes are literal ninjas

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Crowetron posted:

John Wick 3 completely justifies it in the story, though.

Those dudes are literal ninjas

Even better, it’s a fanboy ninja.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
John Wick 3

Considering that the entire world is out to kill him, John really should look both ways before crossing the road

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Imo jw3 was a noticeable drop in quality from the first two

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

oldpainless posted:

More like oldgainless.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

oldpainless posted:

John Wick is 90% new ways to kill people and 10% story. By that metric the film was a success.

Death by horse

EDIT: also, more like oldwickless.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Krispy Wafer posted:

John Wick is 90% new ways to kill people and 10% story. By that metric the film was a success.

Death by horse

EDIT: also, more like oldwickless.

“Everything was fine until wickless here turned off the power!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Yea the Wick series has ratcheted up the ridiculousness in each sequel so it's not surprising that it's gonna leave some people behind who enjoyed the first movie. Personally I love where they've gone with the series but I can see how others would prefer the simpler, more streamlined story of the original.