Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
but diet coke tastes like really gross chemicals and regular coke tastes v. sweet but p. good???

edit: Absolutely abysmal snipe.

content:

Yngwie Mangosteen has a new favorite as of 16:02 on May 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Captain Monkey posted:

but diet coke tastes like really gross chemicals and regular coke tastes v. sweet but p. good???

I'm trying to cut pop and so far have done good this year, I can count on one hand the amount of the stuff I've drank. The last time I had a Coke it was not great. Which is a shame because Cherry Coke was always my favorite

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Len posted:

I'm trying to cut pop and so far have done good this year, I can count on one hand the amount of the stuff I've drank. The last time I had a Coke it was not great. Which is a shame because Cherry Coke was always my favorite

Yeah, I used to drink 2-3 cokes a day (cokes being the colloquial term for all soda/pop/etc. in Texas) and I recently more or less quit, and now it tastes way too intensely sweet unless I'm eating something really salty/fatty like fast food. It's kind of a shame, but it's also very good at helping me not drink 2-3 a day.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I've mostly replaced soft drinks with alcohol, so...

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

AHAHAHAHAHAH! Yes you are.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Alterian posted:

Also:
Big Mac: 540 calories
Large Fry: 510 calories
42 oz soda: 410 calories

People don't realize how many calories are in a regular soda.

This shouldn't surprise me as much as it does but is a large drink at McDonald's really 42oz? Do people usually finish it all?

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

bike tory posted:

This shouldn't surprise me as much as it does but is a large drink at McDonald's really 42oz? Do people usually finish it all?

It's mostly ice.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

bike tory posted:

At our house, we go to McDonald's and get two large sweet teas with no ice. Then we bring them home and stick them in the fridge.
We get 5 or 6 servings out of them for the rest of the week.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Aleph Null posted:

At our house, we go to McDonald's and get two large sweet teas with no ice. Then we bring them home and stick them in the fridge.
We get 5 or 6 servings out of them for the rest of the week.

I can't handle their sweet tea it's entirely too sweet. Presumably from the literal pounds of sugar in each batch

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

It's feasible. The cat was already dead.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Len posted:

I can't handle their sweet tea it's entirely too sweet. Presumably from the literal pounds of sugar in each batch

Yes that is how sweet tea works.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

It's feasible. The cat was already dead.

Not until after he opened the suitcase.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Bobby Digital posted:

Speedway puts a small container of HFCS in theirs. McDonald's is something like 7 pounds of sugar per batch

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bobby Digital posted:

The one southerner I knew who made his own insisted it didn't have enough sugar until the straw sticks upright in it.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Skwirl posted:

The one southerner I knew who made his own insisted it didn't have enough sugar until the straw sticks upright in it.

Yeah. I am from the Southern US and can confirm. "Good" Southern style sweet tea is more like a taffy. If it doesn't make your teeth hurt, it ain't Southern style.
I grew up on it but can only stand it in small doses as an adult and only with an ice water chaser.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I just buy five milks with my delicious Hesburger meal, instead of soda.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Alterian posted:

Also:
Big Mac: 540 calories
Large Fry: 510 calories
42 oz soda: 410 calories

People don't realize how many calories are in a regular soda.

I'm assuming you mean 32 oz because 42 oz is insane (not that 32 oz's of sugar water isn't insane also, but you know what I mean).

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Zipperelli. posted:

I'm assuming you mean 32 oz because 42 oz is insane (not that 32 oz's of sugar water isn't insane also, but you know what I mean).

They 100% meant 42 oz, that's the largest at most of the US fast food restaurants.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wait that's over a litre? LMAO. Those bigger ones are basically buckets, then?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
128oz is a gallon (3.78L); ~2200 calories if you don't have ice. I think (hope) it's not meant for one person?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

hyperhazard posted:

They 100% meant 42 oz, that's the largest at most of the US fast food restaurants.

It might just be in every McDonald's I've been to in Ohio but they don't have a cup bigger than 32. They haven't since 2006 when I worked at one in highschool

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Elysiume posted:

128oz is a gallon (3.78L); ~2200 calories if you don't have ice. I think (hope) it's not meant for one person?

Yah I meant bucket as in a paper cup that big just wouldn't hold up. How much would that cost, anyway? Why not just buy two big bottles?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Len posted:

It might just be in every McDonald's I've been to in Ohio but they don't have a cup bigger than 32. They haven't since 2006 when I worked at one in highschool
Maybe those foam cups are 42? But I feel like they're still 32

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jerry Cotton posted:

Wait that's over a litre? LMAO. Those bigger ones are basically buckets, then?

This is a 100 oz. mug:

That's about 323.7 grams of sugar (or 0.7 pounds) and over 1000 calories if you fill it with regular Coca-Cola.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Carbonated babby homogenate with HFCS.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jerry Cotton posted:

Yah I meant bucket as in a paper cup that big just wouldn't hold up. How much would that cost, anyway? Why not just buy two big bottles?

I can't find any info on the pricing, but a Super Big Gulp (44 oz.) is $0.25 for the cup and $0.99 for a refill. So if they did the math, it would cost about $3 to fill the Team Gulp completely.

This is less than the cost of a bottle of water in many places.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Soda chat! I've always enjoyed Diet Coke. It used to be a treat for me- once a week I'd get a LG Diet Coke from McD, or grab one at the gas station...until I had my knee replaced. Ever since, nothing tastes right (complication from the anesthesia), so now that awesome treat tastes like everclear and sugar. It's loving terrible.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
I grew up on non-caffeinated Diet Coke. My parents and I went through a whole 2-liter bottle every other day. Sometime when I was in high school, we discovered Diet Cherry Pepsi, and were drinking a 2-liter bottle A DAY. Only in the last year have I stopped drinking any diet soda at all.

I have no idea how I’m still alive.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

hyperhazard posted:

lmao your kids size is a NZ medium

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

bike tory posted:

lmao your kids size is a NZ medium

Looking at these sizes and prices is causing me to :stonk: irl. As an Australian it's astonishing that we managed to beat the US for Fattest Country Ever with what happens with soda there.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Looking at these sizes and prices is causing me to :stonk: irl. As an Australian it's astonishing that we managed to beat the US for Fattest Country Ever with what happens with soda there.

We have poor taste and just chug diet soda loaded with ice

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
Probably half the volume of any of those is ice, so it’s not quite as bad as it seems.

Elysiume posted:

Given that it’s called “Team Gulp”...

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I mean, standard practice is to literally fill the cups with ice before adding any soda so ain’t no one finishing a drink that big before it becomes a gross watery mess anyway

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Len posted:

McDonald’s discontinued the supersize around then.

Big Gulps continue to be loving insane, though.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

hyperhazard posted:

Lol. 42 oz cups haven't been a thing in US fast-food places for years. You took an image that says "largest ever sold" and think that means "currently serving."

32oz is the size of the foam cups at McD's that they serve the sweet tea in, for reference.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Zipperelli. posted:

Lol. 42 oz cups haven't been a thing in US fast-food places for years. You took an image that says "largest ever sold" and think that means "currently serving."

32oz is the size of the foam cups at McD's that they serve the sweet tea in, for reference.

They are phasing out the foam cups because of the environment. You can recycle plastic.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

AlbieQuirky posted:

McDonald’s discontinued the supersize around then.

Big Gulps continue to be loving insane, though.

That's what I thought. They got rid of the entire supersize option because of that movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007