Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Nigmaetcetera posted:

what a loving retard i'm right here in carmel and i can't watch seasons 2 or 4, the best seasons

You can buy the DVD sets on eBay pretty cheaply, which is what I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

King Possum III posted:

You can buy the DVD sets on eBay pretty cheaply, which is what I do.

But then you need to own something to read the DVD, and change the disks and actually keep track of them. If you say just rip them, I then need to figure out how to encode them to look good and might as well pirate. No streaming or digital download is really the only purchasing options that make any sense in 2019 unless you want to display the case, which is entirely valid and different use case.

I'd probably never even verify the discs had the episodes on them if I owned the complete DVD boxset.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I bought the dvds so i have something to watch in my bunker when the net goes down

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
that website needs some dale gribble bluegrass experience merch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XulJFnKcxfk

always been one of my favorite episodes. boomhauer singing like a normal bluegrass vocalist is great

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Gone Fashing posted:

always been one of my favorite episodes. boomhauer singing like a normal bluegrass vocalist is great

on keyboard, the big "D" himself! Ruuuuusty Shacklefoord!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Gone Fashing posted:

Vince Gill as Boomhauer's singing voice is hilarious

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Gone Fashing posted:

Just noticed both Hank and Boomhauer are playing left handed.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Dad's talking to the Tom Landry plate again.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
when i was a kid i thought koth was dumb and goofy because of its over the top portrayal of idiots but then i spent 12 years living in Longview, Texas and realized it's a straight-up slice of life

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Another Bill posted:

Just noticed both Hank and Boomhauer are playing left handed.

Im fairly sure the video is mirrored to avoid a copyright takedown.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Master Twig posted:

Im fairly sure the video is mirrored to avoid a copyright takedown.

You're right

naem
May 29, 2011

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Terrible bill way too much energy and negative charisma in everything.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Yeah Bill has to be Stephen Root in makeup.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

There's a baby ironing board in the bathroom I use most at work. I think of this thread a lot.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Only 1/4 of those are any good

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

No way. Bobby IS Cotton. He is just never going to kill fiddy men.

my favorite koth moment is when cotton is talking to hank at the end of the episode where cotton has bobby sent to his old military school. "bobby is like mud, you can't build up mud hank" "yeah but you can't really break it down either"

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

"If it's a contest over who's the better daddy, you win. You made Bobby. All I ever made was you."

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

"If it's a contest over who's the better daddy, you win. You made Bobby. All I ever made was you."

It's this and the Jimmy Carter episode that bring me at odds with the one on his death, specifically how he was towards Hank.

Still nice to think he did care on some level.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

I feel like we've had this exact conversation before...

...in this thread...

To the Flowers of Time!!!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'm not crying, it's just.... A Dinner of Onions

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

I feel like we've had this exact conversation before...

...in this thread...

To the Flowers of Time!!!

Yeah my mistake, but much like rewatching the series it's just so good to talk about it again.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Wicker Man posted:

It's this and the Jimmy Carter episode that bring me at odds with the one on his death, specifically how he was towards Hank.

Still nice to think he did care on some level.

HATED, A BABY?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Another Bill posted:

I'm not crying, it's just.... A Dinner of Onions

"I AM AN ONION!"

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

They had McConaughey on the show he voiced Luanne’s boyfriend Rad Thibodeaux

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Isnt that pronounced "tib a doe"

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That's my favourite burn ever.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Hihohe posted:

Isnt that pronounced "tib a doe"

Tib-a-day-ux-sssssssssss

I'm half a frenchman and the pronunciation kills me everytime.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Another Bill posted:

Tib-a-day-ux-sssssssssss

I'm half a frenchman and the pronunciation kills me everytime.

There's a politician here in eastern Canada (which is quite French in some places), his last name is Devereaux. Now, to most, that's pronounced 'DEV-ur-oh' (like Blanche, from the Golden Girls).

He literally pronounces it 'DEV-er-ecks'. I mean, it's HIS name, so whatever, if that's what he says, that's how it's said.

But he's wrong :argh:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

There's a politician here in eastern Canada (which is quite French in some places), his last name is Devereaux. Now, to most, that's pronounced 'DEV-ur-oh' (like Blanche, from the Golden Girls).

He literally pronounces it 'DEV-er-ecks'. I mean, it's HIS name, so whatever, if that's what he says, that's how it's said.

But he's wrong :argh:

Does he just live to piss off Quebecois or is he really that dumb?

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Wicker Man posted:

Yeah my mistake, but much like rewatching the series it's just so good to talk about it again.

Oh of course, no worries. Thank goodness KotH exists in a discreet era that slips further away with time. The alternative, as we've also discussed, is the parallel universe where Bobby and Peggy joke awkwardly about indie doccumentary "The Problem With Kahn" in season 34.

Regress away!

I didn't drown that boy!!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Does he just live to piss off Quebecois or is he really that dumb?

I think he was in Nova Scotia (predominantly English) so I really don't know.

naem
May 29, 2011

Oh of course, no worries. Thank goodness KotH exists in a discreet era that slips further away with time. The alternative, as we've also discussed, is the parallel universe where Bobby and Peggy joke awkwardly about indie doccumentary "The Problem With Kahn" in season 34.

Regress away!

I didn't drown that boy!!

there is something to be said for a tv show that is a perfect snippet of time, you get to go back and visit that time period again, or at least the wacky tv show version

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I think of Classic Simpsons as a 90s period piece. While KoTH came out in the late 90s, my latest rewatch made me appreciate how perfectly it it captures the zeitgeist of the 2000s.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

naem posted:

there is something to be said for a tv show that is a perfect snippet of time, you get to go back and visit that time period again, or at least the wacky tv show version

god is this ever true

like not only because the show itself is a great reminder of the late 90s/early 00s (and Arlen reminds me a lot of rural Oregon life, minus the giant robotic cowboy at the fairgrounds), but because it also takes me back to watching it when it was first coming out, on a big CRT TV at my parents' house, back before I had the crushing weight of adult responsibility on my shoulders

Good times. :D

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/kothscreens/status/1136631120689156096

Peggy's total ignorance of the gravity of her situation was so goddamn funny.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Been thinking about Cotton lately and the show really nailed the semi-tolerance of the Greatest Generation. Cotton is a hateful, sexist, cruel man but he is still somehow more worldly than everybody else around him. He knows about and respects Judaism, can pick out Khan as Laotian, amongst other things.

Being shipped off to war and working together with an alliance of nations and people gave the GGs a sort of tolerance and perspective that didn't get passed all the way down. Also I don't want to oversell it because obviously bigotry was alive and well but it's funny how laidback my grandparents were versus the boomers.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

just watched the "If it's a contest over who's the better pappy, you win hands down! You made Bobby, all I ever made was you!" episode last night while falling asleep and that line woke me up and had me laughing again

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

food court bailiff posted:

just watched the "If it's a contest over who's the better pappy, you win hands down! You made Bobby, all I ever made was you!" episode last night while falling asleep and that line woke me up and had me laughing again

It’s pretty much the best line ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

HATED?!? A BABY?!?!?!?