Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Collapsing Farts posted:

How is it hard for some people to bulk? :psyduck:

If I look at food the wrong way I gain like 3 kilos

this is me if I eat any carbs bam 10 pounds of mostly water weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

Fallows posted:

Dude they are so much better than any other brand... omg

Microwave them for 10-15 seconds and dear god

also, i don't really have to watch my macros as long I hit my protein mark. Gaining weight isn't hard for me; it just gets monotonous. I can cut weight extremely easy. I got food poisoning and literally dropped an lb a day because I was eating zero calories. I'm 5'10" 205 and if I eat less than 3500 calories I start losing body fat.

I know this sounds like a humblebrag but it mainly means eating until I feel like poo poo. I try to stay 1/2-2/3 clean but I need those dirty calories.

this is me as of last week and I can't pinch fat anywhere; I don't even think I look 205. My muscles get really hard/dense versus crazy hypertrophy; but hey - 435 x 8 deadlift and 335 x 3 bench press isn't bad for my size so whatever.

Calvin Johnson Jr. fucked around with this message at 00:23 on May 31, 2019

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
oops

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
You also do ‘roids so yeah...this isn’t unexpected.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

I can cut weight extremely easy. I got food poisoning and literally dropped an lb a day because I was eating zero calories.

This may be the dumbest thing I’ve read in this thread.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

david carmichael posted:

Theres a video where someone asks dave tate to criticize lebrons squat. And his response was basically whatever lebron is doing obviously works just fine for him

I literally started to look for the video as soon as I saw the first lebron comment. Dave Tate and most of the elitefts crew are pro follows and he has a ton of great stuff for free (including an e book that breaks down the conjugate method) on his site. He will even critique your form if you send him a video although he tends to get back to you faster if you are using or wearing something from elitefts

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

dantheman650 posted:

This may be the dumbest thing I’ve read in this thread.

Yeah, going into a major caloric deficit definitely doesn't cause you to lose weight - said literally no one, ever.

And, if you count the weeks, I've literally done 95% of my lifting natty so please don't pretend I'm on blast n' cruising or anything. 400mg test-e/week isn't poo poo compared to what the guys I train with run.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Yeah, going into a major caloric deficit definitely doesn't cause you to lose weight - said literally no one, ever.

And, if you count the weeks, I've literally done 95% of my lifting natty so please don't pretend I'm on blast n' cruising or anything. 400mg test-e/week isn't poo poo compared to what the guys I train with run.

lmao

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

He’s not wrong :shrug:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Have you considered training somewhere else since their habits have this influence on you?

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

doverhog posted:

Have you considered training somewhere else since their habits have this influence on you?

If my bloodwork wasn't pristine, sure. Otherwise, why not? Should I be shaming the guys on 350mg/week prescribed from my colleague?

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

95% natty baybeeeee

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Watch out I think Calvin Johnson Jr.'s setting up for the crippler crossface.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

drat that’s a crazy bench, I’m 210 and DL 495 but my bench is only 225 or so at the moment. 100% natural and mid 30s though.

Also I only train with kettlebells outside of testing my max on barbells occasionally 🤷‍♂️

doverhog
May 31, 2013

If my bloodwork wasn't pristine, sure. Otherwise, why not? Should I be shaming the guys on 350mg/week prescribed from my colleague?

I do not understand what this post means. English is not my first language, maybe that's the problem. Vittu.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Calvin Johnson has done a good job.,

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

bomb posted:

drat that’s a crazy bench, I’m 210 and DL 495 but my bench is only 225 or so at the moment. 100% natural and mid 30s though.

Also I only train with kettlebells outside of testing my max on barbells occasionally 🤷‍♂️

It's 100% because bench press is extremely technique driven; you'd ramp that weight up pretty quickly on a solid PPL program.

doverhog posted:

I do not understand what this post means. English is not my first language, maybe that's the problem. Vittu.

In case you aren't being facetious, it means I'm taking a very low dosage - a dosage prescribed by doctors for testosterone replacement therapy. The benefits I'm getting are mainly overnight recovery so I can train more frequently while I have the time to do so. My blood work means that all the lab values that indicate good health, even for people who have never touched steroids, are in near perfect ranges.

So if it's not detrimental to my health and only yielding positive results...why not condense 24-36 weeks of training into 12?

Calvin Johnson Jr. fucked around with this message at 05:03 on May 31, 2019

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Yes we should all bench more often

B-Rock452 posted:

I literally started to look for the video as soon as I saw the first lebron comment. Dave Tate and most of the elitefts crew are pro follows and he has a ton of great stuff for free (including an e book that breaks down the conjugate method) on his site. He will even critique your form if you send him a video although he tends to get back to you faster if you are using or wearing something from elitefts

The conjugate manual by wendler and tate is what i am basing a lot of my poo poo off of right now. Those guysrule

doverhog
May 31, 2013

In case you aren't being facetious, it means I'm taking a very low dosage - a dosage prescribed by doctors for testosterone replacement therapy. The benefits I'm getting are mainly overnight recovery so I can train more frequently while I have the time to do so. My blood work means that all the lab values that indicate good health, even for people who have never touched steroids, are in near perfect ranges.

So if it's not detrimental to my health and only yielding positive results...why not condense 24-36 weeks of training into 12?

I was so drunk it honestly it's hard to remember if I was facetious or not, but the first post is not very clear, unlike this one.

Why not indeed. Those who don't do it just wish they weren't being compared to people who do, or worse yet have to compete with them.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
what the gently caress is this place, r/nattyornot?

that said, I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure your dosage is pretty far from TRT levels my man. I'm on TRT and you take 4x the dose I do. Just own it. I don't understand why these other guys care so much, though.

e: Out of curiosity what are your Serum and Free Test levels? You said you do bloodwork. 100mg a week of T-cyp has put me around 800, but I recently had to send off my own labs because the nurse practioner doing my stuff doesn't know the difference between a sensitive estradiol test and a normal one. I havent been taking any AI other than DIM and lately my sex drive has disappeared and I've been hella night sweating. My guess is my e2 is going to come back elevated.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 10:28 on May 31, 2019

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
do roids

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

bomb posted:

Baby chat: I’m about to have twins, might take a break when they first come we will see how it goes 🤷‍♂️. My 40kg and 48kg kettlebells arrived yesterday so I’ll be able to get in some good work at home either way.

Just a heads up - picking up a baby and carrying it around all day is going to give you secret parent strength, even if the rest of you turns into a pile of poo poo from not sleeping and new parent alcoholism.

My kid is 2.5 now and I haven't deadlifted in a long while, and the first time I returned to it last week, I just kept adding weight, amazing myself like the scene in Unbreakable. I was repping pretty close to my previous max but didn't want to push it too far, though I think I could have.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

what the gently caress is this place, r/nattyornot?

that said, I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure your dosage is pretty far from TRT levels my man. I'm on TRT and you take 4x the dose I do. Just own it. I don't understand why these other guys care so much, though.

e: Out of curiosity what are your Serum and Free Test levels? You said you do bloodwork. 100mg a week of T-cyp has put me around 800, but I recently had to send off my own labs because the nurse practioner doing my stuff doesn't know the difference between a sensitive estradiol test and a normal one. I havent been taking any AI other than DIM and lately my sex drive has disappeared and I've been hella night sweating. My guess is my e2 is going to come back elevated.

You should always have AI on hand. Also I’ve seen some clinics RX that amount so it’s not crazy it’s just higher vs what most people are on.

Are you getting your insurance to pay for it?

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Inject this conversation straight into my veins!!!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

bomb posted:

I'm shocked you've not tried to claim kettlebell swings added 20kg to your bench here.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

sassassin posted:

I'm shocked you've not tried to claim kettlebell swings added 20kg to your bench here.

I was at 160 before I started my kettlebell regiment but I think it’s more deficit pushups, pull-ups/chin-ups and clean+press long cycles that have helped with chest and arms.

So more like 30ish kg

bomb fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 31, 2019

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

You should always have AI on hand. Also I’ve seen some clinics RX that amount so it’s not crazy it’s just higher vs what most people are on.

Are you getting your insurance to pay for it?

I've got a shitton of arimidex on hand. Last time I took it, at around .5mg a week it made me feel like poo poo and the test came back saying my E2 was 11(but it wasnt a sensitive test for what it's worth). We will see in a few days when my results come back. I may wind up having to just take something like .125 mg once or twice a week, I think I'm just super sensitive to Arimidex.

My insurance pays for most of it, I just don't feel like switching doctors right now to one who knows what they are doing, hence why I just paid to send off my own labs, but it was pretty cheap anyway. I just need to get my AI dialed in and I'll be good.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Hey drunk driver dad. I remember you constantly complaining about your body breaking down and self destructing

Does it feel better on test at least?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Monkey bars are harder to do as an adult

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

bomb posted:

I was at 160 before I started my kettlebell regiment but I think it’s more deficit pushups, pull-ups/chin-ups and clean+press long cycles that have helped with chest and arms.

So more like 30ish kg

So you were untrained before you started kettlebells?

That explains a lot.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

sassassin posted:

So you were untrained before you started kettlebells?

That explains a lot.

I was fat as poo poo and did StrongLifts for 6 months but trained weights years ago. I’m not as jacked as roid dudes but I’m certainly not in bad shape now. I hit 350 on my squat and DL and swapped to kettles and now my lifts are p good so unsure why you’re so salty?

I understand the hesitance to anything other than power lifting, body building, and traditional barbell work but it’s worked out well for me so 🤷‍♂️

bomb fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jun 1, 2019

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

bomb posted:

so unsure why you’re so salty?

That's their schtick my goon

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Collapsing Farts posted:

Hey drunk driver dad. I remember you constantly complaining about your body breaking down and self destructing

Does it feel better on test at least?

It sure does, for the most part. I get the occasional tendinitis and knee issues, but generally I max out lifts all the time just cause it's fun along with competing once even and I honestly don't have any real injuries I can point to. In fact, when I take into account the lifting plus the working 60 and 70 hour weeks and being well into my 30s, my body is actually doing quite well.

edit: Honestly a lot of it isn't even the test, I have just learned to be able to tell the difference in somewhat normal pains I can work around and actual acute injuries and simply just don't care about the former so much.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jun 1, 2019

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
So drat close to a 135x1 OHP today, had it just above my head but didn't get full extension so I just want to bitch about it here because it's a goal I set for myself on this drat stupid lift I love to hate

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
OHP? More like nohpe.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

ElectricSheep posted:

So drat close to a 135x1 OHP today, had it just above my head but didn't get full extension so I just want to bitch about it here because it's a goal I set for myself on this drat stupid lift I love to hate

Presses need volume and frequency. Assistance exercises like pin/pause presses and incline bench can help get that in and work on weak points. Are you doing strict presses or the "double layback"/"classic" press popularized by Starting Strength/Strengthlifting?

Fhqwhgads posted:

OHP? More like nohpe.

Should have gone with "no-hp"

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

Well that's my story.

turd in my singlet posted:

Presses need volume and frequency. Assistance exercises like pin/pause presses and incline bench can help get that in and work on weak points. Are you doing strict presses or the "double layback"/"classic" press popularized by Starting Strength/Strengthlifting?

Strict press, I'm not the biggest fan of spinal flexion in that scenario.

I'm running the original 5/3/1 (which I'd like to switch up soon, maybe A2S?) but I've had shoulder issues forever and was complaining about pain, rotator issues and crepitus until I found weighted dips last year and haven't looked back. I hit 127.5 x 2 today as my amrap so I wanted to squeeze a little more to hit that official 1-plate, but my diet and dedication lately have been poo poo (school's closing up for summer).

I could and should tweak up my assistance if I really REALLY want it but I'm also not eating and sleeping enough because I was just gassed out on that last attempt.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

ElectricSheep posted:

I'm not the biggest fan of spinal flexion in that scenario.
Why?

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

Well that's my story.
I had a pretty bad back injury when I was younger. It's been a long time since and I'm far stronger than I ever was so it's certainly more of a mental issue than a physical one, but it's enough.

I wouldn't mind giving it a shot when I'm a bit stronger but I definitely psyche myself out with anything involving my back, which sucks.

e: if I look back at my previous posting it's also scaring me as I approach a 3+ plate squat, as I've hit 275 x 10 before so you'd think it's not a problem but I absolutely get jittery as the heavier bar pushes into my back and the weight settles in - it's really been screwing up my 85%/95% squat days for the last two months

ElectricSheep fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Powerlifting gyms are awesome. Welcome friend.

Yeah beat my bench PR by 20 pounds yesterday. All it took was getting someone to take a look at my form for a set and give some pointers. It's crazy that I'm actually stronger than when I was 30 pounds heavier