Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BisterdDave posted:

I am stoked to see what the new engine will look like when they show off some gameplay. The gunplay in CoD is always top-notch and always feels so good to control. As far as them stating there's no season pass, I take that as "We're not selling a season pass, but there will still be DLC map packs".

Yeah even when I’m down on CoD I still have to admit it feels better than any other fast paced FPS. When you get into the zone with these games there’s nothing quite like it. If they take that and work it into a new beautiful/smooth feeling modern engine, drat dog I’m 100% down.

The season pass question is interesting, yeah. I’m hoping they go all out with a cosmetics shop and leave it at that. If they keep doing paid maps then that’s a frustrating lateral franchise move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Looking forward to buying Baldur's Gate, getting mad and quitting all over again.
:shepspends:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I cant imagine playing baldurs gate again in the year 2019

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kilometers Davis posted:

Yeah even when I’m down on CoD I still have to admit it feels better than any other fast paced FPS. When you get into the zone with these games there’s nothing quite like it. If they take that and work it into a new beautiful/smooth feeling modern engine, drat dog I’m 100% down.

I assume you just mean of online/multiplayer FPS games? Because DOOM 2016 (and now Rage 2) tho

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

The Destiny games have really good gunplay, the only thing holding them back is the 30fps framerate which weirdly enough doesn't feel that bad. Trying out Destiny 2 at 60fps on PC felt fantastic however, I'd put it up there with Titanfall. My only issue with COD is that the time to kill is much too low so it feels more like hide and seek most of the time since there's little opportunity to outplay someone if they see you first.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

SUNKOS posted:

The Destiny games have really good gunplay, the only thing holding them back is the 30fps framerate which weirdly enough doesn't feel that bad. Trying out Destiny 2 at 60fps on PC felt fantastic however, I'd put it up there with Titanfall. My only issue with COD is that the time to kill is much too low so it feels more like hide and seek most of the time since there's little opportunity to outplay someone if they see you first.

I always hear that the gunplay in Destiny is one of the best available, I really should track down a cheap copy somewhere.

CoD TTK always felt pretty good in most games (Ghosts felt so drat low that you'd be killed in a nanosecond though). One of the main reasons why I prefer CoD to other shooters is how fast the games are, even if you are killed by someone who saw you half a second first it's always super quick to get back in the action.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BisterdDave posted:

I always hear that the gunplay in Destiny is one of the best available, I really should track down a cheap copy somewhere.

CoD TTK always felt pretty good in most games (Ghosts felt so drat low that you'd be killed in a nanosecond though). One of the main reasons why I prefer CoD to other shooters is how fast the games are, even if you are killed by someone who saw you half a second first it's always super quick to get back in the action.

Yeah that’s a huge part of it for me. No time to get frustrated because you’re back in the action right away.

Escobarbarian posted:

I assume you just mean of online/multiplayer FPS games? Because DOOM 2016 (and now Rage 2) tho

Yeah mostly meant mp fps.

DOOM is so good. Crossing my fingers for Rage 2 to hit the summer sale :D

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fridge corn posted:

I cant imagine playing baldurs gate again in the year 2019

I can.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

The power of imagination is what gaming is about

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

BisterdDave posted:

You might end up hating Destiny. The gunplay and combat is really fun and PvP is good but there's a lot of baggage in the game and as a new player today? I imagine you'd be completely overwhelmed with content and where to even begin. If it clicks for you and it's your thing however it can be a lot of fun, but it's one of those games that expects you to be playing regularly to keep up with what's happening and grinding to the point where you have decent weapons and gear to be competitive in PvP could take a while. It's a shame since it feels really good to play and control but it's also tailored towards the MMO crowd in a sense, albeit not fully. It's an acquired taste, that's for sure.

Regarding TTK I think my own personal preference just comes from growing up playing arena shooters like Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 where it took a lot of hits to take someone down and games today come nowhere close to that (Overwatch seems to have a high TTK? I haven't played it, though) and generally rely on peer-to-peer connections as well, which makes TTKs seem even shorter than intended.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BisterdDave posted:

The gunplay in Destiny is good enough that both games are still going strong despite literally every other aspect of the game having spent some time being a mess over the years.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

The fact that this announcement doesn't start with "Heya, it's me: Console Ports!" is a testimate to the incompetence of gaming media.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Does Sony still do those limited edition consoles where they package the system with a new game and paint the system an odd color to match the game?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I wish they had done one for Spiderman that said PLAYSTATION 4 on the side in the spiderman font like the fat PS3

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
i bought TW3 complete (never played) and DDDA (played the gently caress out of on ps3) for less than $40.

not sorry. :colbert:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Crowetron posted:

The fact that this announcement doesn't start with "Heya, it's me: Console Ports!" is a testimate to the incompetence of gaming media.

Actually it should be TO CONSOLES AND VICTORY

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

New COD looks dope to me. Dunno.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Does Sony still do those limited edition consoles where they package the system with a new game and paint the system an odd color to match the game?

Yeah, I got a grey PS4 Pro bundled with God of War. It's the most hideous console I own and I really should buy a skin for it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Real hurthling! posted:

90 gb of so so fps game with big time fan action

lol

Kilometers Davis posted:

Yeah even when I’m down on CoD I still have to admit it feels better than any other fast paced FPS.

Titanfall 2 feels better than any FPS ever made.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
MK11 Shang Tsung Gameplay Trailer

Holy crap that fatality!!! And Spawn!!!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah, I got a grey PS4 Pro bundled with God of War. It's the most hideous console I own and I really should buy a skin for it.

I hope they do one for Death Stranding. I always regretted missing the MGS4 PS3

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Gripweed posted:

For whatever reason Sony exclusively bundled white PS4s with Destiny game launches, but after 2 flopped they just quietly made the white Pro available for regular purchase.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Since I updated my 22"TV to a 40" one as 2nd screen (and PS4 one) I see myself playing one of the D&D games on PS4 but I own them all on PC too so I could just put them in there too.

Switch users are in for a treat because these games are perfect time sinks. Last time I played Neverwinter Nights was in 2009, deployed in Afghanistan on a lovely laptop and was the game I used to play (and LAN Diablo 2) before going to bed so is kind of an anxiety cure for me.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

bows1 posted:

just finished Raising Kratos. Was pretty drat good, worth a watch if you like the new GoW

I thought it was good but super depressing and jeez I would never want to make a video game. Bizarre that Sony made it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Titanfall 2 feels better than any FPS ever made.

TF2 is amazing but CoD feels better to me. You can tell that they definitely share the same good dna though.

BisterdDave posted:

Oh shiiiiiiit

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like God Of War but I cannot imagine watching a 2 hour documentary on it when there's a million docs out there about more interesting stuff.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

BisterdDave posted:

I'm not a huge MK fan but directly modeling him after the guy who played him in the movie is a stroke of genius.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The craziest Mortal Kombat fatality is that one where Goro sucks Liu Kangs dick so hard that it comes off and then he swallows it, then he turns around rear end to rear end and shoots liu kangs own dick up his rear end so hard it goes up into his windpipe and he chokes on it and then Sub Zero comes out of nowhere and gives him the heimlich and it works but then Goro stabs them both with four pocket knives at once while they aren't looking. loving brutal.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I bought the RE7 End of Zoe DLC but it’s not being recognized in game. It says “You have not downloaded this add-on” anytime I try to open it from the extra content menu. It’s very clearly downloaded and installed though. I tried restoring licenses, I even deleted and reinstalled the game. What the hell do I do

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

The craziest Mortal Kombat fatality is that one where Goro sucks Liu Kangs dick so hard that it comes off and then he swallows it, then he turns around rear end to rear end and shoots liu kangs own dick up his rear end so hard it goes up into his windpipe and he chokes on it and then Sub Zero comes out of nowhere and gives him the heimlich and it works but then Goro stabs them both with four pocket knives at once while they aren't looking. loving brutal.

:hmmyes:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

[FATALITY voice] ARISTOCRATS

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Okay all of my downloaded games had a lock icon and gave an error. I looked it up and apparently a lot of people are having the same issue after the latest firmware update. I deactivated my PS4 as primary and reactivated and that seemed to fix it. Crisis averted

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Okay all of my downloaded games had a lock icon and gave an error. I looked it up and apparently a lot of people are having the same issue after the latest firmware update. I deactivated my PS4 as primary and reactivated and that seemed to fix it. Crisis averted

I had to do this a while ago. I had to throw out my jeans because they were covered in piss and poo poo by the time I worked out what to do.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

acksplode posted:

[FATALITY voice] ARISTOCRATS

This makes me realise how much I want Gilbert Gottfried announcer pack dlc for MK any game

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Thanks for this. I heard about the lockout but I downloaded the new system update and didn't see it so I was like "phew" but then I downloaded that Code Vein beta and it was locked out, so this solved that right quick.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

veni veni veni posted:

I like God Of War but I cannot imagine watching a 2 hour documentary on it when there's a million docs out there about more interesting stuff.

I watched it today and it wasn't bad. Rather unflinching in terms of how poo poo it must be to be a AAA game developer. Layoffs and tons of sacrifices in your family life but at least in this case the final product was well received. I didn't know the actor for Kratos' kid was the kid from Killing of a Sacred Deer. Still haven't played the game and tbh the footage showcased in the documentary didn't make me any more interested, but behind-the-scenes docs for big productions like this are always cool.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

JBP posted:

I had to do this a while ago. I had to throw out my jeans because they were covered in piss and poo poo by the time I worked out what to do.

Stay Physical, Folks. :ohdear:

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I didn't know the actor for Kratos' kid was the kid from Killing of a Sacred Deer.

Poor Bob, always the bridesmaid.

He was in mid90s, too.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Daaaaaad Mom is dyinnnnnng

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oedon is not pleased with the people downloading Cold Vein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

veni veni veni posted:

Was Goro ever a playable character, though?