Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Accordion Man posted:

I'd try and think of a good trash related Stand name but I can't off the top of my head.

[Taking Care of Business]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Caesar deserved to die for being an idiot, really.

"Let's go into unfamiliar territory to fight the super vampires and their zombie army. There is no way this could backfire."

don't forget about him trying to jump kick when your attacks require light to work. Kamen Rider this is Not

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I think Bruno might be up there with Joseph in terms of being able to come up with creative uses for his stand.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
When all you have is a zippers, you start to figure out applications for it. Far more than bullets.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Not sure if Secco lived, but if he did, he is the first villain in this part after Sale to survive a fight.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
the only part of this fight that felt like bullshit was bucciarati starting to melt for no reason. if he could make people melt from the beginning, which he clearly can because he said he was gonna turn the kid into mud, why wouldn't he have just done that from the beginning

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Not sure if Secco lived, but if he did, he is the first villain in this part after Sale to survive a fight.

I believe the implication is that he's crushed along with the rest of the garbage.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I believe the implication is that he's crushed along with the rest of the garbage.

And even if his Stand suit protects him against that Bruno still zipped out a hole in his throat

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah the joke is that they're both getting crushed in the morning garbage pick up. Though I will say I thought it was dumb how it looks like Secco just walks into it rather than a panicked fall

Thumbtacks posted:

the only part of this fight that felt like bullshit was bucciarati starting to melt for no reason. if he could make people melt from the beginning, which he clearly can because he said he was gonna turn the kid into mud, why wouldn't he have just done that from the beginning
Secco's whole goal was capturing Bruno's face as he experiences torture and a slow death for Ciccolata so he doesn't wanna just melt him instantly. There's some element of curiousty in Secco to find out what's going on with Burno's body. Bruno was also able to keep away from Secco pretty well despite Secco having better speed so there's a ton of times he could've just liquified him.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Accordion Man posted:

Secco was one of those weird kids that actually ate the mud pies.
I'd try and think of a good trash related Stand name but I can't off the top of my head.

Isnt there a band called Garbage

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Meme Emulator posted:

Isnt there a band called Garbage

yeah, they're dope

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

Yeah the joke is that they're both getting crushed in the morning garbage pick up. Though I will say I thought it was dumb how it looks like Secco just walks into it rather than a panicked fall

Secco's whole goal was capturing Bruno's face as he experiences torture and a slow death for Ciccolata so he doesn't wanna just melt him instantly. There's some element of curiousty in Secco to find out what's going on with Burno's body. Bruno was also able to keep away from Secco pretty well despite Secco having better speed so there's a ton of times he could've just liquified him.

oh yeah fair point

could have melted him from the waist down though, then it's slow and he can capture it, but also in a stand fight that probably wouldnt work

there's some element of curiosity in ME to find out what the gently caress's going on with bruno but we'l find out eventually

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I haven't read the manga, but I feel like we've already gotten all we're going to on what's up with bruno. He's a zombie running on a time limit and his time limit's just about run out.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

His conversation with Giorno was the explanation.

But yeah, he's basically got FMA Brotherhood Alphonse Elric's "Oh no, my soul might be rejected from this body and pass to the afterlife soon" thing going on at this point. Only he has his actual body.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 21:15 on May 31, 2019

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

bruno got so pumped full of life energy and held on through shonen protag willpower that he's more or less running on battery power as his functions start failing

that's basically it

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
dont really think the bruno v secco fight translated well from manga to animation. bruno zippering poo poo in front of him and running though it looks weird.

i am however excited for next week when The Good poo poo™ starts

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Kuvo posted:

dont really think the bruno v secco fight translated well from manga to animation. bruno zippering poo poo in front of him and running though it looks weird.

i am however excited for next week when The Good poo poo™ starts

That one scene where Secco is chasing after Bruno, and Bruno is running while Secco's body is static and curved looked really awkward.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

overmind2000 posted:

And even if his Stand suit protects him against that Bruno still zipped out a hole in his throat

That's not what happened. Bruno trapped his hand against his chest and he started turning his neck into mud.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
what happened to my sweet boy polnareff

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxemfzuVs7Q

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

TenementFunster posted:

Cut himself shaving

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Slipped in the bathroom and dunked himself into the toilet, suffering nasty injuries in the process.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

TenementFunster posted:

All the injuries he sustained during the events of Stardust finally caught up to him.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Accordion Man posted:

All the injuries he sustained during the events of Stardust finally caught up to him.

this is why jojo teams need a dedicated healer

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Reading the manga, I always thought that was a weird veil over Polnareff's eye not an eyepatch with an eye and scar drawn on it.

At least, I think that's what it was. He didn't blink in any of his scenes.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Mr. Lobe posted:

If only someone had kept up with their Hamon this wouldn't have happened.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 23:47 on May 31, 2019

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Zwiebel posted:

Slipped in the bathroom and dunked himself into the toilet, suffering nasty injuries in the process.

Broken porcelain can be quite sharp.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Gruckles posted:

Broken porcelain can be quite sharp.

whoa dude that's a sick avatar

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Mr. Lobe posted:

can’t wait for the excuse as to why he doesn’t get patched up immediately by gold experience

araki forgot?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i dont even remember what happened to him in part 3, was his last fight vanilla ice?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
That could have been his last real fight, before or after Dio messed with him by the stairs.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Polnareff was my least favorite Stardust Crusader and I was pretty pissed when he was the only one to survive without being a Joestar. But I guess Jojo characters get better as they get older. I doubt the Polnareff of part 3 would be able to figure out a secret property of the arrow and come up with a plan on his own to make sure only the right people find out about it. Polnareff a meathead who can't keep his mouth shut's a plot point of part 3, that's why they didn't tell him about Avdol

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

TenementFunster posted:

can’t wait for the excuse as to why he doesn’t get patched up immediately by gold experience

araki forgot?

i think there kind of needs to be a fresh wound so what he makes can actually heal into them and 'bind', unless you think body parts work like velcro

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

i dont even remember what happened to him in part 3, was his last fight vanilla ice?

He got a good hit in on Dio after that before being incapacitated.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

i think there kind of needs to be a fresh wound so what he makes can actually heal into them and 'bind', unless you think body parts work like velcro

Using my stand, golde experience, I grew a tree. But not just any tree, a leg tree.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

finally my favorite detail about mista can be revealed without spoilers: he is the Polnareff of part 5, a part that literally includes Polnareff himself

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Grapplejack posted:

Using my stand, golde experience, I grew a tree. But not just any tree, a leg tree.

:hmmyes:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

bruno got so pumped full of life energy and held on through shonen protag willpower that he's more or less running on battery power as his functions start failing

that's basically it

they could probably restart his heart or something while he's so pumped full of life energy but you know, :effort: it'll be fine probably

Mr. Lobe posted:

actually jojo teams become MORE vulnerable if they're able to be healed, see people actually passing out from blood loss in part 4 while josuke can survive having a wooden post through his ribs

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 1, 2019

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Yinlock posted:

they could probably restart his heart or something while he's so pumped full of life energy but you know, :effort: it'll be fine probably

I mean, presumably that's one of the things Giorno was trying to do when he pumped Bruno full of life energy back in Venice, and Bruno straight up told Secco in this episode that his heart was no longer beating, so... :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Yinlock posted:

bruno is dead. his body is a corpse. his soul just happens to be joyriding along for a bit and he's fading bit by bit.