Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
I have a Guitar Fetish Xaviere P-bass knockoff that's pretty solid. The frets were a little sharp when I got it, but it plays well and sounds great for ~$200 new.

GreatGreen posted:

Yngwie Malmsteen says his debut album saved Fender from going out of business.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/new...S4pJc0fmSNQlL2I

lol

I mean, have you seen his Strat pile?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Someone told me if you smoke over n-pounds of weed a year you are drop-shipped a Ric 4001.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Someone told me if you smoke over n-pounds of weed a year you are drop-shipped a Ric 4001.

Probably cheaper that way.

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010
Stolen from Reddit:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Bahahaha

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:cawg:

Well, that's what happens when your logo looks like that Post-1989.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
There's a new squier strat model with fender brand active humbuckers and holy gently caress it's a good drat beast. The one I played at GC naturally had a poo poo setup and dead strings and I had to do my best to use the fine tuners on a Floyd to tune by ear over sweet child of mine, but that was a fun guitar. If it wasnt for the CBS sized headstock that was reverse I would totally have bought it then and there but jeez that's a definite no go for me. It was $400 new and played like a $1000 ltd

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

Spanish Manlove posted:

There's a new squier strat model with fender brand active humbuckers and holy gently caress it's a good drat beast. The one I played at GC naturally had a poo poo setup and dead strings and I had to do my best to use the fine tuners on a Floyd to tune by ear over sweet child of mine, but that was a fun guitar. If it wasnt for the CBS sized headstock that was reverse I would totally have bought it then and there but jeez that's a definite no go for me. It was $400 new and played like a $1000 ltd

I just got the HSS version with the standard Strat trem and non-reverse headstock and I've been having a ball with it.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I actually really dig the big reverse headstock. :shobon:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

homewrecker posted:

Stolen from Reddit:

$25 is a bit ambitious, I've had a hard time giving my Peney away for free.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i woke up this morning with a bad hangover
and my peney was missing again
this happens all the time
it's detachable

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the definition of corporate synergy

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Muppets On PCP posted:

Which songs do you get tabs for?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

prefect posted:

Which songs do you get tabs for?

That’s the price, 400 tabs of acid

donut
Feb 4, 2001

homewrecker posted:

Stolen from Reddit:

And here I thought I was clever by looking for overlooked cheap Peavey stuff on craigslist by searching "peavy".

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Snowy posted:

it's pull tabs from cans of monster energy. kinda like the old campbell's soup labels for education thing except it's promoting illiteracy

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Snowy posted:

How much would that cost?

it's pull tabs from cans of monster energy. kinda like the old campbell's soup labels for education thing except it's promoting illiteracy

That's cool as hell.

Nebraska Tim
Feb 2, 2010

s.i.r.e. posted:

How much would that cost?

$800 and heart disease

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Nebraska Tim posted:

$800 and heart disease

if only i had saved all the tabs from the years i drank enough of these things to take 5 years off of my life i could have rolled up to a gig with that guitar and gotten lmaoed off the stage

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

ASenileAnimal posted:

if only i had saved all the tabs from the years i drank enough of these things to take 5 years off of my life i could have rolled up to a gig with that guitar and gotten lmaoed off the stage

Just cover it in coca-cola, Pepsi and red bull stickers, no one will see the monster logo.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Even better, have ‘ISFITS’ screened on the body and no one will question it once.

It also looks like you can just buy lots of pull tabs on eBay so that can be yours for about $144 shipped.

Fuck Your Website fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jun 2, 2019

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Spanish Manlove posted:

No joke, Squiers are like, really good now, and they like to go wild with weird experimental poo poo. Everybody knows the classic vibes are better than/equal to MIM Fender, but even the Affinity stuff is pretty acceptable. I remember how garbage they were in the 00s when I was toying with the idea of learning to play guitar.

A ready-made clearance pawn shop guitar, amazing.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
It's crazy how good cheap guitars are getting across the board. I really enjoy building those $80 DIY kits, but it's almost pointless when you can get a perfectly acceptable Harley Benton/Xavier/Firefly for less than $200.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChristnNitemare/status/1135631523020005376

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

I cringed real hard watching this. Real dumb.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Meth is a hell of a drug.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

holy poo poo lmao

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

fixed for ya

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What the gently caress. I mean, how can anything beat that for stupid music poo poo. At least the other stupid poo poo that's been posted functions in someway or another. That's not good as a guitar or a chair.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
Did not use whammy bar for height adjustment, 0/10.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

Laserjet 4P posted:

fixed for ya

Thanks, imgur is hosed when I upload from work for some reason

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Anime Reference posted:

Did not use whammy bar for height adjustment, 0/10.
This right here is my main beef with it. :argh:

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

Where can the most satanic guitar strap be found? All I see are these basic-rear end skull things and almost no pentagram / baphomet / paimon art on anything.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Dude, get a strap and some fabric paints and go to town! I did a silly vine inlay on a hot pink DiMarzio strap (of COURSE I DID) decades ago and if I can find it I'll share a pic. It's fun and easy and just imagine how cool you will be!

Took me about three minutes to find this old thing in a box in the closet. Surely you can make something... less evil than this cursed thing! (I bought it from an old guy in an antique shop, he said he'd make me "Internet famous" but I didn't know what the Internet was yet and here we are. It's how curses work I guess.)

VVV Or do that VVV

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jun 9, 2019

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

former glory posted:

Where can the most satanic guitar strap be found? All I see are these basic-rear end skull things and almost no pentagram / baphomet / paimon art on anything.

Draw sigils on a blank one in your own bodily fluids, charge them by playing riffs so loud that you’re actively sacrificing your body for the experience.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

former glory posted:

A bullet strap would be super black metal.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Some chain and two carabiners from a hardware store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Siivola posted:

Some chain and two carabiners from a hardware store.

Ah, the Peter Steel signature model.