Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nagato was inside Psychos this whole time?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Nagato was inside Psychos this whole time?!

A change from the webcomic too where they controlled it from a bunker even further below lol

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Zero-Punch Man

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
please change the intro song to "NO PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH!"

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Jerkface posted:

please change the intro song to "NO PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH!"

Three, two, one, KILL SIGHT!

(Everybody knows who he is!)

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
You cannot grasp the true from of KING's attack!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

new chapter
King, you did it again. Truly is the strongest hero.
This chapter reminds me that I'm still not sure why people doubt Murata's ability to deliver a joke as written by ONE. King was amazing.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Kild posted:

A change from the webcomic too where they controlled it from a bunker even further below lol

Not really.

Happened in the webcomic too.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I'm dumb and may be missing it but are we supposed to know who it's supposed to be yet?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

skaianDestiny posted:

Not really.

e: Ah yeah I was mistaken :)

Kild fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jun 1, 2019

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

RuBisCO posted:

I'm dumb and may be missing it but are we supposed to know who it's supposed to be yet?

Nah, that page is the first mention of their identity.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Although if you're very astute, you might have picked up a clue.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The King's engine is hardly even roaring yet, the monster association is hosed.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

ChronoReverse posted:

Although if you're very astute, you might have picked up a clue.

it's _____________me____________

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Kild posted:

Huh, this is how I remembered it too. I even had a particular image in mind I couldn't wait to see get the Murata treatment. Maybe I'm misremembering the sequence of events.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

skaianDestiny posted:

Not really.

Let's take this talk to the ONE thread.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jun 1, 2019

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Guys, there's a webcomic thread

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Zerilan posted:

Nah, that page is the first mention of their identity.

Although they have a couple page back when we get the partial origin of Orochi showing Gyoro's true form.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brought To You By posted:

Although they have a couple page back when we get the partial origin of Orochi showing Gyoro's true form.

I totally forgot about this panel. This is an interesting design. She has an... ouroboros in the form of an infinity symbol, which is a bit unusual but not uncommon, and choosing that as a symbol is curious since the ouroboros is typically used in alchemy and the monster association so far seems to be about experimenting and creating with monster cells, although I wonder if the reference is intentional or not. She has snake-themed designs in her clothing.

Orochi in particular means snake/big snake and as far as I'm aware is connected to mythology, while a more regular word for snake would be hebi. Except maybe for Orochimaru, the enemy of ninja Jiraiya in a folktale (who's also related to snakes), Orochi typically refers to a different mythos: The mythos of the 8-headed and 8-tailed serpent Yamata no Orochi. Considering the monster Orochi is filled with heads and tails/tentacles that reference and Orochi's design is probably made on purpose.

Gyoro on the other hand is an onomatopeia, Gyoro Gyoro is just an onomatopeia for looking/staring which well, is self-explanatory considering the monster is a gigantic eyeball.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jun 1, 2019

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Webcomic readers accidentally spoiling later events.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Xarbala posted:

Webcomic readers accidentally spoiling later events.

After a certain point it stops being by accident

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Terror Sweat posted:

After a certain point it stops being by accident

The webcomic had been on hiatus for two years so I'm willing to give people the benefit if the doubt.

Still, lol though

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
Just, uh

read the webcomic too.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Here's the translation btw

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Pyrus Malus posted:

Just, uh

read the webcomic too.

if i wanted to do that, i'd be posting in the webcomic thread

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
King wins by doing absolutely nothing. He's just that strong.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pyrus Malus posted:

Just, uh

read the webcomic too.

no

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can't wait for the part where Garou becomes completely immune to all damage so his mom has to suddenly come into the story and takeover as the final boss of the series.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Can't wait for the part where Garou becomes completely immune to all damage so his mom has to suddenly come into the story and takeover as the final boss of the series.

wtf dont paste spoilers

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Huzzah! posted:

new chapter
King, you did it again. Truly is the strongest hero.

Feels like it came so quick after the previous update? :confused:

Anyway, great chapter. King never ceases to amaze me and Murata's super intense drawings of him really drive the point home.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Darth TNT posted:

Feels like it came so quick after the previous update? :confused:

That's because Murata's output is both high quality and also ludicrously high speed. A lot of that speed comes from having One to do the layouts, but that's still a lot of pencilling and inking to be done in a short span of time.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The speed with which Murata draws is insane.

No matter how much I practice my speed drawing in 5 minutes is super lovely and then I have to spend hours on it so it looks just lovely.

Watching Murata casually doodle masterpieces on stream only to watch him erase it all and redraw it is the stuff that drives a person jealous.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Many western comics artists can't maintain a monthly schedule on a 20-page comic, with just pencils and seperate inkers. Murata blows that away. Yeah, OPM isn't colored, but most western comics have seperate colorists.

Then again I'm guessing with Murata's perfectionist tendancies, if he were the artist on a Marvel comic his output would slow down since he wouldn't be able to just redraw 10 pages for the hell of it like he can with a webcomic.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
lol this week's OPM was postponed to air the French Open Tennis Tournament.

ONE made some art to commemorate.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

that's such a good composition

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

that's such a good composition

I was very confused for a while because I was trying to parse it as two panels.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Shadow0 posted:

I was very confused for a while because I was trying to parse it as two panels.

This comment would mean that this doodle is not a good composition!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Parrotine posted:

This comment would mean that this doodle is not a good composition!

Or I just don't know what tennis looks like.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Shadow0 posted:

Or I just don't know what tennis looks like.

Speed of Sound Sonic (lol) is so fast he can step his foot into the second panel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

Speed of Sound Sonic (lol) is so fast he can step his foot into the second panel.

(lol)

Thought for sure that that was a hole in the fence that Genos made from hitting the ball too hard and that was the joke.