Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Kikas posted:

Nice, always nice to see some moGAME SAVED

GAME SAVED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Healbot posted:

GAME SAVED

:regd08:

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
pioneering Saveless just to ruin your fun

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Boogalo posted:

Last night in MegaMan 7...

https://twitter.com/TheSuperSNES/status/1128131282238672901

General community response has been "PJ what the gently caress"

Continuing this saga, this has happened 2 more times to other people since the original and now pj has ideas and we should all be very afraid.

https://twitter.com/TheSuperSNES/status/1133979751918559233

It seems that when you get hit and something else happens to cancel the animation, the knockback is stored. Once this happens, you can't cancel your next slide, and at the end of the slide, the knockback happens. PJ is now experimenting with using it to find a zip by storing the knockback and sliding on rush jet near ceilings.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Boogalo posted:

Continuing this saga, this has happened 2 more times to other people since the original and now pj has ideas and we should all be very afraid.

https://twitter.com/TheSuperSNES/status/1133979751918559233

It seems that when you get hit and something else happens to cancel the animation, the knockback is stored. Once this happens, you can't cancel your next slide, and at the end of the slide, the knockback happens. PJ is now experimenting with using it to find a zip by storing the knockback and sliding on rush jet near ceilings.

Oh that explains it. The spring canceled the animation...

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMX0uQpDsYU

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I like Karl Jobst. He's like RWhiteGoose except not a Nazi.

As far as we know.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Former Human posted:

As far as we know.

In the doom vid he mentioned his second channel so I went there and found this vid and I like it a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2GqkaYWrrM

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Former Human posted:

As far as we know.

Karl and his toxic fans is specifically one of the reasons KevinDDR gave up streaming sooooo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
very relevant to this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc9lcCw91YE&hd=1

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Former Human posted:

As far as we know.

I have bad news for you about GoldenEye players in general

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I have bad news for you about GoldenEye players in general

is ryan lockwood a fascist? is streets 1:12 a cursed video?

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir20CU-fYt4

So you know the goon who played super mario 64 entirely with his feet, complete with footcam?

Well, thanks to the power of the nintendo switch and a new glitch found in the 'fewest captures' category of super mario odyssey, speedrunners will have to master controlling a joycon with their feet.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Pharohman777 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir20CU-fYt4

So you know the goon who played super mario 64 entirely with his feet, complete with footcam?

Well, thanks to the power of the nintendo switch and a new glitch found in the 'fewest captures' category of super mario odyssey, speedrunners will have to master controlling a joycon with their feet.

This run is nuts

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
That's actually awesome, skipping the intended-to-be-mandatory boss fight by flying Cappy to the middle of nowhere to get a different moon.

also lmao at him saying "it's just practice" on chat's advice and instantly getting it to work again

edit: hadn't seen Nut Skip before in Bowser's Kingdom, that's insane too

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jun 1, 2019

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
https://twitter.com/Gamestabled/status/1134887176435568641?s=19

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

DoctorWhat posted:

A lot of the receipts on ryan white were transphobic conversations between him and lockwood.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Dr. Stab posted:

A lot of the receipts on ryan white were transphobic conversations between him and lockwood.

man that fuckin sucks

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

That video is pretty cursed all by itself, his overreaction is really ugly and distasteful.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Odd posted:

imo any startropics speedrun where they don't actually dip the letter into water to reveal the code is illegal

this would be insanely great to have someone on the couch do during a gamesdonequick marathon

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Doom Mathematic posted:

That video is pretty cursed all by itself, his overreaction is really ugly and distasteful.

c'mon man

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

yeah the video rules, intensely quotable. shame about lockwood, sours the whole thing.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

mp5 posted:

Karl and his toxic fans is specifically one of the reasons KevinDDR gave up streaming sooooo

what did they do to my precious boy kevin :sigh:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

There's a bunch of dumb stuff like direct harassment and asking people to mass report Kevin for the heinous crime of calling out his bigotry.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I caught the end of a Monster Rancher 2 speedrun on ESA Marathon. I didn't really think anyone would speedrun it, it's one of my favorite games ever, and it was very cool to see that the strats involved raising the very same monster and build that I used the very first time I cleared the game almost 20 years ago now.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Someone needs to do a documentary/article or something about PJ and the growth/timeline of the mythos about things breaking down around him.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Pharohman777 posted:

Someone needs to do a documentary/article or something about PJ and the growth/timeline of the mythos about things breaking down around him.

I may have mentioned this before but if anyone here is a fan of PJ and are interested in watching him break things, you absolutely, 100% owe it to yourself to watch his Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts Alphabet Challenge playlist. He has to beat Banjo Kazooie:N&B using only vehicles(when not forced to use the game-decided ones) shaped like letters of the alphabet, usually chosen at random per challenge. He repeatedly causes the physics engine to completely break, including creating a vehicle whose sole propulsion is righting itself, and a vehicle(J) who no matter how hard he tries he cannot keep the wheels from wedging themselves into the ground and being the worst vehicle ever, and trying to ignore cops in Showdown Town which results in one glitching into his cart and launching it so hard that one of the crates he was carrying back to Mumbo straight up despawns from being launched so far.

The sagas of J and F, the barely-contained chaos and terrifying face of P, as well as the unstoppable might of capital i and the baffling, constant effectiveness of R, are all sights to behold. And I'm only 2/3 through the playlist(because each video is 6-8 hours long). But his attempts at things are simply incredible.

a sampling of his building process(and then the physics just...stop during testing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sjw5NMglOA&hd=1&t=19950s

very excited at the announcement of microsoft selling games on steam, I pray Rare Replay gets on there eventually

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

i'm pretty sure PJ has more fun with Nuts n Bolts than everyone else who's ever played that game combined, and for that, I am genuinely envious.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Bigass PB in Startropics a few days ago, I'm now sitting in fourteenth place on the leaderboard. I'm about thirty seconds away from top ten, so I'm gonna shoot for that next I think. I WOULD have hit it with this run but I had an extremely stupid death immediately after having a good run through the hardest part of the game that cost me a lot of time, then screwed up that laser bridge trick I posted about a few days ago and nearly died again. This sucks, because after the level this happened on, you pick up a cube that extremely slowly fills up your life to full, and I was on half a heart, so I probably lost about a minute overall just on that.

Still a few screens I really need to hammer out, but at this point PBs rely on getting through a particularly poo poo dungeon an hour in that is mostly at the mercy of RNG.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

i'm pretty sure PJ has more fun with Nuts n Bolts than everyone else who's ever played that game combined, and for that, I am genuinely envious.

I really liked and enjoyed NnB a ton even though I wanted a Banjo Threeie.

I think its a great game but its so different to the first game I can't readily recommend it to banjo fans outright.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Ohtsam posted:

I really liked and enjoyed NnB a ton even though I wanted a Banjo Threeie.

That's because Nuts and Bolts loving rules

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
nuts and bolts is the best banjo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if there's anything i learned from yooka-laylee it's that some things should have stayed dead and buried

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Lmao both the people who like nuts and bolts are in this thread who could have imagined.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

whatever you say chief

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SeXReX posted:

Lmao both the people who like nuts and bolts are in this thread who could have imagined.

Nuts and bolts is outstanding and you're a stick in the mud who couldn't build his way out of the first jinjo hurl I bet. :colbert:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

absolutely anything posted:

nuts and bolts is the best banjo

i can see people liking the game but lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

i can see people liking the game but lol

banjo 1 is good, tooie is a dumpster fire, nuts and bolts is the best. this is the official ranking

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Can we all agree that DK64 is better than Tooie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Studio posted:

Can we all agree that DK64 is better than Tooie

yes