Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Randler posted:

Bayerische Köpfe lechzen nach Unabhängigkeit von bayerischen Hälsen.

Als Betroffener muss ich hier klar zustimmen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

ephex posted:

Als Betroffener muss ich hier klar zustimmen

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/IdaFunkhouser/status/1134433219347189760?s=19

I consider myself abgehärtet when it comes to FJ Wagner, but hui ui ui mein lieber Scholli

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Ein Gesicht wie ein CDU-Politiker und auch intellektuell keinesfalls höher anzusiedeln.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Smirr posted:

https://twitter.com/IdaFunkhouser/status/1134433219347189760?s=19

I consider myself abgehärtet when it comes to FJ Wagner, but hui ui ui mein lieber Scholli

FJW is a loving machine, pumping out plasma hot takes on a daily basis. He’s levels of :discourse: that are way off the scale, and I mean every scale, and I can’t help but feel a tiny sliver of what might be respect for that

e:

:chloe:

System Metternich fucked around with this message at 15:55 on May 31, 2019

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Can’t tell if these are fake or not

https://twitter.com/fj_murau/status/1134067380794142720?s=21

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Chiliupdate :420:

About two weeks later than planned, I finally went to the Gartencenter and bought a big bag o' Erde so that I could finally umtopfen my bigger plants into their final homes. It's also (past) time for them to start living outdoors permanently, so they're starting their first day happy and (hopefully) healthy on my balcony.

The big ones are the ones that I bought from ChiliShop.de, and they've grown easily 3-4 times their size since I got them. The cayenne is the largest of the three, and the lemon drop seems the "weakest"... somehow it developed a bit of a kink in its main trunk and so doesn't stand completely upright on its own... I have to buy it a bigger stake to keep it stable. All three are starting to bud though! :neckbeard:

The five tiny little guys in the white Töpfchen are all that remains of the crop that I tried to grow from seed. These guys seem to have hit some kind of plateau in their growth... though they have been getting overshadowed (literally) by the bigger plants stealing most of their sunlight. They won't be living outdoors permanently until they grow bigger, but at this late point I'm worried they won't really turn into anything. Shame, because two of them are serranos, which I really wanted.

Now that the big ones are living outside full-time, should I buy any kind of herbs or anything that help repel unwanted pests (basil, lemongrass, maybe some Ringelblume?) while at the same time not pissing off the little bee-friends who are gonna come pollinate the plants?

Drone fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jun 1, 2019

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm in Switzerland and a one way train ticket from Zürich to Brig (2,5 hours) costs 92 CHF. This country is sick.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/FJ_Murau/status/1134160521308061696

literally lol irl. these are soooo good

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.
Still one of the best texts about FJW imo.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Drone posted:

Chiliupdate :420:

Now that the big ones are living outside full-time, should I buy any kind of herbs or anything that help repel unwanted pests (basil, lemongrass, maybe some Ringelblume?) while at the same time not pissing off the little bee-friends who are gonna come pollinate the plants?

drat those look big! Yay for the Blüten! Kinda lanky stems though. For Blattläuse my mom swears by Brennesseljauche and that’s what I’m gonna do. She also says it’s good just as fertilizer, so I’ll grab some and put them in an Eimer with water. Ein Schuss pro Kanne says mum. I’m guessing you don’t have to be particularly careful with dosage though the stuff reeks in its pure form.

Here’s my survivors, growing slow as balls but the big ones are doing good:

https://imgur.com/a/ocKNCFf

Something tells me terra-cotta isn’t the smartest idea (apparently it cools by condensation) and it seems these are the slowest. The three small ones were already lagging behind but the big ones are making spurts. I gave them all a healthy dose of guano fertilizer yesterday.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
On account of being a supertaster i hate eating chilis, but seeing those beautiful plants grew big makes me happy.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

oliwan posted:

I'm in Switzerland and a one way train ticket from Zürich to Brig (2,5 hours) costs 92 CHF. This country is sick.

Every Swiss person who has even a slim chance of maybe someday having to ride the train has a Halbtax. As a GA-owner, I’m smugging it up anyway.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Zwille posted:

Here’s my survivors, growing slow as balls but the big ones are doing good:

Did you do the thing where you snip off the second or third Blätterpaar once they appear in order to make the plant grow thicker horizontally rather than vertically? I ignored that step, which is probably how I ended up with tall, lanky chilis.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Oh! I thought you were supposed to snip off the first blossom. I’ll cut off the top of one (or maybe both) of the big ones then unless Duzzy vetos this. Thanks!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Oh God now I'm confused too, Duzzy help

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Y'all, I'm not some authority on chili cultivation, I'm pretty much just an idiot that has a past in growing them and enjoys it a whole bunch. Most of what I know came either through second hand knowledge, Google and trial & error, so make sure you Google around for your specific situation and then decide on a course of action. :shobon:

The reason for cutting of the first blossom or "Königsblüte" ist that it apparently triggers some enzymatic response in the plant that is basically "hold on, now is not the time to gently caress, now is the time to grow more".

Properly cutting back a plant is a science unto itself, but the basic gist of it is that if you limit the plants vertical growth periodically, it will keep driving out horizontally. If you've ever bought a stock paprika or chili from a Garten Center or Baumarkt, you'll see quite a number of dead-end stumps and Knoten that are the result of the attempts of keeping a plant below 40cm and making it more bushy instead.

So feel free to snip around as much as you like, keep in mind that a healthy plant won't take damage from this, it'll just keep growing in a different way or direction ;)

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/Wahlen_DE/status/1134798052819185665?s=19

:eyepop:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

In personal chili-news:

I've now settled down with 8 chilis of all the strains I seeded out earlier this year (two Reapers, because I plan to make a topical ointment from their fruit), and of the other 9 plants I've brought to Holland for a goonmeet last weekend, I've already gotten ten chili updates from four different countries where they have found new homes :)
To illustrate what I posted earlier: The Stangen in my posts are 90cm ones and I try to keep the plants from not going too far beyond that. Capping the plants at the top makes them look a little unfortunate early on, but as you can see in the example of the middle one in the first picture, they treib aus like there's no tomorrow when you do so.

I'm a bit bummed because I drove 60km to the nearest Sonderpreis Baumarkt in Wolznach to buy a couple of Winkel, Konsolen, and Holzplatten to fashion a series of homemade-chili-regale for the wall of my balcony, but alas, the structural consistency of my balcony wall isn't as lovely as the actual walls in my apartment. It would seem that whoever built this building had concrete bits from the Uboot-Bunker in Brest shipped in, so I actually burned out an SDS drill bit after 10 minutes of schlagbohring for a single hole out of six proposed ones. I've compensated by just putting the old throwaway table on my balcony, drinking a beer and calling it a day.

:neckbeard:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Duzzy Funlop posted:

So feel free to snip around as much as you like

So it has been done.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

First green-red-red majority in a while

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

^^^^^^ Ahaha, ouch ^^^^^^

I, for one, welcome our new vegetarian overlords.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Always remember: Condemn the meat industry, not the meat eater.

Also i'm surprised that apparently the CDU has regained a little?

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Der Grüne Zug?

Let's see how well the SPD does after Tuesday.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Mithaldu posted:

Also i'm surprised that apparently the CDU has regained a little?

Als wahrscheinlichster Koalitionspartner der aufstrebenden Grünen kriegt die CDU wahrscheinlich etwas Zu-/Rücklauf von Menschen Boomern, die zwar für schwarz-grün sind, aber das schwarze etwas stärker haben wollen.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Goons Are Great posted:

Let's see how well the SPD does after Tuesday.

Unverändert dying is my low-risk guess

e: holy poo poo this Hingst scandal is nuts

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 1, 2019

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

CDU/AfD/FDP: 45%
B90/SPD/Linke: 46%
B90/CDU: 53%

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Lord Stimperor posted:

You have to rechen raus the 9% Sonstige that won't make it through 5%-Hürde, GRR might work

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Lord Stimperor posted:

Schwarz-Grün ist eine natürliche Partnerschaft.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Kinda want to have a listen at the various CSU Stammtische when Schwarzgrün Grünschwarz ends up happening. :allears:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
b90 ist ja schon seit längerem olivgrün

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The mathematical possibility of B90/CSU is making me itch to klapper ab every possible Stammtisch in Franken, Just to be a doppelzentner-fly-on-the-wall

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Better things are possible?!?

Also, in the coming eco fascism everyone will have to adopt a cow and the Hamster will get more Sozialhilfe than Deutsche Rentner

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Opferwurst posted:

Better things are possible?!?

Also, in the coming eco fascism everyone will have to adopt a cow and the Hamster will get more Sozialhilfe than Deutsche Rentner

Mercantilism no, Mercerism yo.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

First blossom, snip snip, gotcha. Will post pics of my chili mitzvah once the time comes.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

aphid_licker posted:

You have to rechen raus the 9% Sonstige that won't make it through 5%-Hürde, GRR might work

I am really not expecting much of GRR. In all likelihood, the SPD will be scared of being perceived too left-wing. Rather, they will (continue to) try to appeal to CDU and AfD voters and disappear into meaninglessness. I'm eagerly awaiting the SPD to prove me wrong, though.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Lord Stimperor posted:

I am really not expecting much of GRR. In all likelihood, the SPD will be scared of being perceived too left-wing. Rather, they will (continue to) try to appeal to CDU and AfD voters and disappear into meaninglessness. I'm eagerly awaiting the SPD to prove me wrong, though.

I just meant mathematically

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Couldn't avoid overhearing two pretty gross dudes today who compared Grüne to AFD because "what those guys do is basically eco-fascism". They described in detail how afraid they were that the Grünen would now take all their cars away.

There are plenty of valid criticisms to be leveled at the Grünen but seriously? Out of all of those, you pick the "Die böse Regierung schreibt mir Sachen vor!!!"-Keule? God I'm so tired sometimes.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Ritznit posted:

Couldn't avoid overhearing two pretty gross dudes today who compared Grüne to AFD because "what those guys do is basically eco-fascism". They described in detail how afraid they were that the Grünen would now take all their cars away.

There are plenty of valid criticisms to be leveled at the Grünen but seriously? Out of all of those, you pick the "Die böse Regierung schreibt mir Sachen vor!!!"-Keule? God I'm so tired sometimes.

To be fair, just yesterday I've submitted my "destroy all cars with Panzerfäusten" plan to the party, so they're maybe on to something there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Ritznit posted:

When reactionaries say "fascism" they actually mean "I might get slightly inconvenienced", hth.