Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I think they're trying to make melee crit a thing:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1134968346099630080

Oof, Pain Reaver took a hit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Can anyone think of some unique melee or ranged weapons that would be bonkers for a crit build but had 0-5% crit chance or lower?

And something I think will surprise a lot of people when the league starts is Chris mentioned rare mobs will have double health, he mentioned play testers complaining about trying to kill red beasts and laughed it off.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

please knock Mom! posted:

How is a node niche when it lets you ignore crit chance on weapons entirely, possibly making your starting build way cheaper while turning some endgame weapons into even bigger beasts?

Well first of all most Slayers right now are RT. Obviously this will change, even though we don't know how easy it will be to get a good hit chance in 3.7, but when 80-90% of all 3.6 Slayers literally can't crit, a node that only works on crits is somewhat niche, at least for now.
Then I can't really say how this wording will actually play out. Does the 8% get increased by local crit modifiers? If no there's a whole bunch of weapons Overwhelm does nothing for, making it kinda niche again.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Can anyone think of some unique melee or ranged weapons that would be bonkers for a crit build but had 0-5% crit chance or lower?

Voidforge/Starforge/Doomfletch's Prism

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Zerker:

20-30 added flat phys if you've crit recently
40% MORE ATTACK SPEED but you'll get -200% crit chance as it scales up.
rage effects tripled! 150% increased damage, 75% increased attack speed(!), 30% movespeed
12% chance to deal double damage at full stacks!
"lose 0.1% of maximum life per second per rage stack while you are not losing rage" so it's reversed now?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Wuxi posted:

Well first of all most Slayers right now are RT. Obviously this will change, even though we don't know how easy it will be to get a good hit chance in 3.7, but when 80-90% of all 3.6 Slayers literally can't crit, a node that only works on crits is somewhat niche, at least for now.

3.6 slayer and 3.7 slayer are different ascendancies

it's not just a node that only works when going crit, it's a node that lets you go crit with every weapon. it's turning the crit niche into an option that's always on for slayers

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

whypick1 posted:

I think they're trying to make melee crit a thing:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1134968346099630080

Oof, Pain Reaver took a hit

Pain Reaver is better now because of how leech works. Because the maximum size of leech per instance is 20% of your Life before increased recovery/increased leach it doesn't really matter if you're leeching 1%, 3% or 100% of damage dealt, you're going to hit that cap.

This rework looks really nice as well, although I don't really understand the antisynergy of the Blitz node at all with the previous node in the chain unless you're just going to be wildly overcapped on crit. The new Rage mechanics and making it not cost you life% when you're out of combat is a nice quality of life change. Doing some quick math, at 50 Rage and Crave the Slaughter/Rite of Ruin you're getting 150% inc attack damage, 75% inc attack speed, 30% inc movement speed and 12.5% chance to deal double damage on top of stun immunity, while losing 5% of your maximum life per second. Combine that with the increased crit/multi/flat damage from Flawless Savagery and either Pain Reaver or War Bringer and you've got a pretty solid ascendancy. I know there's new skills coming to interact with Rage as well, too.

e:

quote:

"lose 0.1% of maximum life per second per rage stack while you are not losing rage" so it's reversed now?

You lose the same amount of health from Rage now as you did before, but it's not doubled from Rite of Ruin like it used to be and you stop losing the life if you're out of combat (haven't been Hit or gained rage in 4s).

e2: Maybe more importantly, Rage also doesn't cause you to lose life except through that node, which makes rage gained via skill gems much nicer.

RPZip fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jun 2, 2019

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
-120% crit chance doesn't matter one bit when you're attacking a million times per second, though.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

-120% crit chance doesn't matter one bit when you're attacking a million times per second, though.

40% more aspeed is pretty nice but you have to have a fair bit of crit to actually stack all those Blitz Charges though, plus the previous node's multiplier deal; part of it will depend on how long a Blitz Charge actually lasts though. I can see it working but it does seem like a weird choice.

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug
Yeah, Blitz looks like a weird situation where you want to stack crit chance, but not crit multi.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
These ascendancy changes have me seriously reconsidering my plan to go trickster. Slayer and zerker both look juicy.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
Holy drat, zerk facebreaker chiefs gone crit

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Papercut posted:

These ascendancy changes have me seriously reconsidering my plan to go trickster. Slayer and zerker both look juicy.

It depends on the tree and skill changes for me. It's not very hard to make a hybrid Cyclone trickster with 10k hp, 45k evasion, 50% spell dodge +184% move speed and over 300k shaper dps.

I will probably play Berserker or Slayer if the new fortify nodes are good and if they add crit nodes in the bottom left of the tree. The new axe, mace or staff exclusive support gems might be game changers too.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Zmej posted:

I think poo-pooing glad is a bit premature. like it was in a good spot before and it's nice you can now full block or full offense now. The champion charges plus bleedsplosion is gonna be pretty zoomies and I might make it a starter.

I think the frenzy and endurance charge node is fine and balances out how crazy good champion charges will be alongside the flesh and stone aura

I put quotation marks around "bad"!! It was tongue in cheek!!!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Itll suck for builds with I dunno, 40% crit (or whatever value where -200% crit chance cant be compensated for with a diamond flask) , but elemental overload builds are going to loving love it

e: Running some numbers in PoB and I dont theres actually a spot where its a damage decrease even without the flask.

e2:
Simulated it using a ring that has -120% crit chance and 40% more attack speed, a ring that gives +400% crit multi, and a diamond flask, it starts being a damage increase at around 150% increased crit chance. Obviously the floor gets lower with less crit multi.

With 400% crit chance and 400% crit multi, its about 20% more damage. Lowering the crit multi makes this relative increase go a little higher, but not by much. So at high crit chance, it just means crit multi going to be around 5%-10% less effective for berserker than for other builds depending on your crit numbers (aka crit multi is still going to skyrocket your damage, just mildly less so)

Control Volume fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 2, 2019

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Control Volume posted:

Itll suck for builds with I dunno, 40% crit (or whatever value where -200% crit chance cant be compensated for with a diamond flask) , but elemental overload builds are going to loving love it

e: Running some numbers in PoB and I dont theres actually a spot where its a damage decrease even without the flask.

You just use a trypanon to max out on the first pack and from there on out it's smooth sailing imo

40% more attack speed is ridiculous, especially with instant use movement skills now

I might still go slayer just because you can start with flicker, but zerker cyclone is tempting

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Control Volume posted:

I put quotation marks around "bad"!! It was tongue in cheek!!!
lol my b dude.

glad bros :toot:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Control Volume posted:

e2:
Simulated it using a ring that has -120% crit chance and 40% more attack speed, a ring that gives +400% crit multi, and a diamond flask, it starts being a damage increase at around 150% increased crit chance. Obviously that number gets lower with lower crit multi.

With 400% crit chance and 400% crit multi, its about 20% more damage. Lowering the crit multi makes this relative increase go a little higher, but not by much. So at high crit chance, it just means crit multi going to be around 5%-10% less effective for berserker than for other builds depending on your crit numbers (aka crit multi is still going to skyrocket your damage, just mildly less so)
Yea, you've got it right here- 200% decreased crit chance sounds bad but is fixable, while 40% more attack speed is one of the more absurd things in the game.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I'm going to do some ridiculous poo poo with zerker's 40% more and 75% increased attack speed combined with self-chill winterweave for 30% action speed multi on top of that

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2511623/page/4#p21992765

Mark_GGG posted:

I should also point out that there is a missing reminder text on the Blitz node that wasn't finished in time to be captured here, stating that Blitz charges have a base duration of 5 seconds (as opposed to 10, which is the standard base charge duration).

Blitz charges not looking so hot anymore.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Just crit once every 5 seconds and you're full again, and keep a trypanon on swap to insta max out if you're not geared yet

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

So what kind of build might use the new slayer node Masterful form for "Your maximum endurance charges is equal to your maximum frenzy charges"?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
How many frenzy charges can slayers get? If your going over 10 your gonna be tanky as gently caress.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
The idea behind that node is that going right side of the tree for duelist lets you take all the frenzy nodes and doubledip on endurance. 6 frenzy is easy to get. 7-8 will be the max frenzy for most minmaxed builds. The increase in charge duration is there to allow you to utilise small sources of charge generation (e.g shaper amulets with up to 10% frenzy/power/end charge on kill) more effectively. With those nodes, you get a 16s duration, lots of time to supplement charges.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It really isn't a bad passive, just competes with some good stuff and isn't very flashy, just think if you only take 3 passive frenzy charges on the skill tree how many points you'd be saving not having to path to the endurance charges too.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

It really isn't a bad passive, just competes with some good stuff and isn't very flashy, just think if you only take 3 passive frenzy charges on the skill tree how many points you'd be saving not having to path to the endurance charges too.

If you have no reason to venture to the left side of the tree (So mainly crit bow/claw/sword/dagger/unarmed, evasion+dodge builds), the most optimistic point saving (and this isn't really correct because you'd never invest this many points without having things to pickup on the way) is around 20 passives.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Filthy Monkey posted:

So what kind of build might use the new slayer node Masterful form for "Your maximum endurance charges is equal to your maximum frenzy charges"?

Ummmm . . . Romira's Banquet + Voll's Devotion + Oro's Sacrifice, RT Cyclone CwC 3-element Discharge. Edit - actually this doesn't work unless you have a decent way to keep losing the power charges between discharges so that you can actually stack up 6+ endurance, so maybe go like ~25% sorta-crit Terminus.

I don't think any non-hipster builds are going to take that node over the actual good nodes though, but I'm glad that weird interesting stuff like this exists in the game.

Mentat Radnor fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 2, 2019

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
the thing is that you probably want leech on full life, and you probably want 8% crit, and then you're running out of points quick

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Heck the overleech is only 5 second base duration now, I'll just take the crit, the 20% cull, and the giant AoE please.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Re: Masterful Form, hipster builds, etc: You can go Ahn's Might, Ahn's Heritage, and 2 pacifism jewels for permanent onslaught, +3% all max res, +400-500 accuracy, and 50% crit multi. Ahn's Might also has local +crit chance and base 5% crit, so depending on that interaction you're looking at possibly a 10% base crit weapon with that base crit node. It's probably not worth saving two jewel sockets at the cost of two ascendancy points for Masterful Form even in this case, mind you. But there's some crazy poo poo in some builds I wouldn't have figured out myself.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Mentat Radnor posted:

Heck the overleech is only 5 second base duration now, I'll just take the crit, the 20% cull, and the giant AoE please.

That was definitely my first inclination - I've played slayer over leech, but those nodes look to make a different doomfletch char than I've made in a long while.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
This league is gonna be SICK.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Re: Masterful Form, hipster builds, etc: You can go Ahn's Might, Ahn's Heritage, and 2 pacifism jewels for permanent onslaught, +3% all max res, +400-500 accuracy, and 50% crit multi. Ahn's Might also has local +crit chance and base 5% crit, so depending on that interaction you're looking at possibly a 10% base crit weapon with that base crit node. It's probably not worth saving two jewel sockets at the cost of two ascendancy points for Masterful Form even in this case, mind you. But there's some crazy poo poo in some builds I wouldn't have figured out myself.

This would be competing with someone taking a different ascendancy node, dropping Ahns Might, and using Fragility + a good crafted weapon

nerox
May 20, 2001
I can’t wait to see a video of a full screen cyclone.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

I'm not so great with PoE verbiage. Does the Slayer immune to bleeds while leeching node block the Red Trail functionality? I'm never clear on whether being immune prevents the debuff from applying or if you simply take no damage from it

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Wilekat posted:

I'm not so great with PoE verbiage. Does the Slayer immune to bleeds while leeching node block the Red Trail functionality? I'm never clear on whether being immune prevents the debuff from applying or if you simply take no damage from it

Immune means you can't be inflicted with the ailment, whereas Unaffected means you can be afflicted but it has no effect on you.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
So Mark_GGG confirmed that Slayer's 8% base crit ascendancy ignores local crit chance modifiers on the weapon itself BUT does allow you to add +% base crit chance from things like assmark. So it's loving bonkers but not completely broken.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

My thanks to that goon who did Uber Elder for me so that I could complete 24 challenges

Carrier
May 12, 2009

nightwisher posted:

So Mark_GGG confirmed that Slayer's 8% base crit ascendancy ignores local crit chance modifiers on the weapon itself BUT does allow you to add +% base crit chance from things like assmark. So it's loving bonkers but not completely broken.

Yeah it functions as a really cool equalizer for some interesting weapon types, but doesn't make the already good crit bases absurd. Its a really interesting way of doing it, because it encourages crit on a playstyle and part of the tree that is traditionally very non-crit whilst keeping the identity and power of the other crit ascendancies (inquis and assassin I'm thinking of mainly) intact, I can see some cool builds coming out of it (probably involving starforge/voidforge/disfavour and other low crit high damage uniques).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I am super stoked

someone mentioned earlier a conc path / rf build. anyone have a guide for a build like that? I want to run around in the dark with impunity