Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I think this would be the best thread to ask about Attack on Titan 2: When does the shop restock? I've bought out stuff shortly after various stores have opened up, beat the story, and have done 30% of the scout quests and not a single one of them has restocked. Do I have to buy out their entire stock?

E: Alright, confirmed it. I bought out all the stock and like 4 missions later they restocked. Its either that or it seriously takes over half a game to restock.

Leal fucked around with this message at 20:43 on May 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

KingShiro posted:

In other Musou playing, the survival duel mode in WO3U is making me mad at video games. I know how to cheese it with the Hundun card and Lu Bu's C3, but I can't get those 97(?) wins. I've hit 70, then 79.

e: finally got it, Himiko triangle attack is very good at keep-away as well. Threw in the gold Susano'o card too for the extra chance to kill the enemy.

I did it using Huang Zhong's C3, and Hundun's gold card plus another that gives free BP and one that locks the opponent's movement. It was trivially simple to do with those.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Leal posted:

I think this would be the best thread to ask about Attack on Titan 2: When does the shop restock? I've bought out stuff shortly after various stores have opened up, beat the story, and have done 30% of the scout quests and not a single one of them has restocked. Do I have to buy out their entire stock?

E: Alright, confirmed it. I bought out all the stock and like 4 missions later they restocked. Its either that or it seriously takes over half a game to restock.

It seems to be based off number of missions but honestly the shop is pretty inefficient for raising friendship. It's nice if you're close to a level but honestly just taking a friend out on a scout mission gets you friendship EXP way faster.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

It seems to be based off number of missions but honestly the shop is pretty inefficient for raising friendship. It's nice if you're close to a level but honestly just taking a friend out on a scout mission gets you friendship EXP way faster.

Trying to get the merchant boss unlock so I can save on grinding cash to buy a million dusters :shepface:

DaveCG
Nov 5, 2009
So I remember ages ago we were all trying to decide what new musou game would come to be, and while I'm looking forward to Persona, part of me wants something like Arslan again, a return to the big battle style. I've been watching an anime called Drifters, and now I really want them to musou the poo poo out of that, I'd totally dig being Hannibal and his hyper musou attack just straight up summoning elephants. My real question is, what would everyone else really like to see?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I still want a Final Fantasy musou. The amount of stuff you could work with for a game like that would be unreal.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Policenaut posted:

I still want a Final Fantasy musou. The amount of stuff you could work with for a game like that would be unreal.

That's what Dissidia would be if it wasn't rear end

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Comedy answer: Nintendo all-stars. I would almost see this as a possibility if they weren't doing Zelda and Fire Emblem as their own entries.

Marvel or DC would be interesting. There's a lot to work with in both of those, or even just focusing on one slice of each (like X-Men or Super Friends).

Really, though, I'd just like to see an updated One Piece musou. Bring in all of the more recent upgrades to the gameplay.

DaveCG
Nov 5, 2009

HPanda posted:

Comedy answer: Nintendo all-stars. I would almost see this as a possibility if they weren't doing Zelda and Fire Emblem as their own entries.

Marvel or DC would be interesting. There's a lot to work with in both of those, or even just focusing on one slice of each (like X-Men or Super Friends).

Really, though, I'd just like to see an updated One Piece musou. Bring in all of the more recent upgrades to the gameplay.

I'd personally love a new gundam one, I've gotten a hell of a lot of enjoyment out of 1/2/3/reborn, so it'd be nice to see what a PS4 entry could do.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
^^^ :same:

Policenaut posted:

What, Dragon Quest Heroes isn't good enough for you?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Zaphod42 posted:

That's what Dissidia would be if it wasn't rear end

The first two were fantastic.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Jibo posted:

What, Dragon Quest Heroes isn't good enough for you?

Dragon Quest Heroes is fine, but that's not Final Fantasy.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Nintendo Orochi

Crossover Zelda and FE Warriors, throw in Mario and Samus and whoever else as characters as well.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i just want a good rotk musou

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Pureauthor posted:

Nintendo Orochi

Crossover Zelda and FE Warriors, throw in Mario and Samus and whoever else as characters as well.

This would be awesome and I want it but I don't know if Nintendo is cool enough to allow it.

Also, just as a reminder to people who may have forgot or didn't know this existed, this exists:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Currently playing through DW7XL and I have to say Xu Zhu's outfit in this game may be the worst one he's ever had, goddamn. Looking at alternate outfits it really feels like they experimented a ton in 6 and 7 while 8 and 9 sorta went back to older designs for quite a few characters.

Azran fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jun 2, 2019

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jibo posted:

This would be awesome and I want it but I don't know if Nintendo is cool enough to allow it.

Also, just as a reminder to people who may have forgot or didn't know this existed, this exists:

How important was this health and safety information??? :ohdear:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

How important was this health and safety information??? :ohdear:

It warned you that you should not, under any circumstances try to pursue Lu Bu.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It was pretty funny that they did Pokemon Ambition and Yokai Watch ROTK.

Waiting on uh, Digimon Aerobiz I guess.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Give me Kirby musou you cowards

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

kirbysuperstar posted:

It was pretty funny that they did Pokemon Ambition and Yokai Watch ROTK.

Waiting on uh, Digimon Aerobiz I guess.

Yes! Koei's executive line (excuse me, executive line) returns after more than twenty years with a truly premium license! Those high paying trans-atlantic customers will really flock once Airbus's Birdramons digivolve into ultimate.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Randallteal posted:

Yes! Koei's executive line (excuse me, executive line) returns after more than twenty years with a truly premium license! Those high paying trans-atlantic customers will really flock once Airbus's Birdramons digivolve into ultimate.

See, it works! FUND IT!

e: While I think of it, does anyone have a link to that insane ROTK translation that Anglo-fied all the names?

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 3, 2019

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

http://www.e-reading.club/book.php?book=93594

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

oh fuckin' yeah, thank you

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I'm not familiar with the series, but Rotk X seemed like the one of most interest to me (RPG-y, letting you play different levels of officer). Unfortunately the fan english patch isn't compatible with Steam's version. Any suggestions on which other, translated entries in the series are most similar/just good?

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Fuligin posted:

I'm not familiar with the series, but Rotk X seemed like the one of most interest to me (RPG-y, letting you play different levels of officer). Unfortunately the fan english patch isn't compatible with Steam's version. Any suggestions on which other, translated entries in the series are most similar/just good?

So buy the Steam version and pirate the version that does work. You pay for it anyway.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Det_no posted:

So buy the Steam version and pirate the version that does work. You pay for it anyway.

if there's a version 'that works' I aint found it yet

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

You can play the PS2 version in PCSX2 though there's no mouse support in that port, if that's a deal breaker.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

thanks, I'll try that

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Holy loving poo poo these names. Why? What? Why?!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Laugh at that but there's people working on European style names (or at least reversing family and given name order) for Total War Three Kingdoms. The names in that link are absurd but there is apparently some degree of demand for stuff like that.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Azran posted:

Laugh at that but there's people working on European style names (or at least reversing family and given name order) for Total War Three Kingdoms. The names in that link are absurd but there is apparently some degree of demand for stuff like that.

Yeah, seeing a tweet with someone asking if there was a patch to change the names to "Michael" or "Irene" was what made me remember it existed

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah, seeing a tweet with someone asking if there was a patch to change the names to "Michael" or "Irene" was what made me remember it existed
What the actual gently caress.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Azran posted:

I can kinda understand the name order one, especially since there's no official standard in localizations from Asian languages and it can be tough sometimes to tell which is supposed to be the given name and which is the surname. At least in DW, though, it helps that there are multiple members of the same family lines in the games (Cao Cao/Cao Pi, the Sun family, Yuan Shao/Yuan Ping, etc).

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

It's something you can also check in like 5 seconds of googling, Wikipedia even tells you "hey this is an (nationality) name, so here's how it works". Changing names around will make it harder to look stuff up or talk about the characters - why would anyone want to subject themselves to that?

Aside from ethnocentrism and xenophobia, I guess.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

What the actual gently caress.

https://twitter.com/TheFatConsol3R/status/1135315363992952833

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015
see if I were in control of this I'd be passive aggressive

Do Not Pursue Jimmy Bob

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Azran posted:

It's something you can also check in like 5 seconds of googling, Wikipedia even tells you "hey this is an (nationality) name, so here's how it works". Changing names around will make it harder to look stuff up or talk about the characters - why would anyone want to subject themselves to that?

Aside from ethnocentrism and xenophobia, I guess.
It's more "this game localizes [surname] [given name], whereas this other game localizes names as [given name] [surname]" that's the problem. For example, IIRC, while Dynasty Warriors localizes names using the former, Samurai Warriors uses the latter, which creates situations like in WO, where you have Cao Pi next to Oda Nobunaga. It's confusing in the lack of consistency, more than anything.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Commander Keene posted:

It's more "this game localizes [surname] [given name], whereas this other game localizes names as [given name] [surname]" that's the problem. For example, IIRC, while Dynasty Warriors localizes names using the former, Samurai Warriors uses the latter, which creates situations like in WO, where you have Cao Pi next to Oda Nobunaga. It's confusing in the lack of consistency, more than anything.

Psst, you got [Surname] [Given Name] there for Nobunaga.

Samurai Warriors irritates me because while it has a character creator most of the time you have not nearly enough spaces if you want a period appropriate name. While you've got your Yukimura Sanadas running around, you don't have the 15 spaces you need for a name of that length.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Airspace posted:

Samurai Warriors irritates me because while it has a character creator most of the time you have not nearly enough spaces if you want a period appropriate name. While you've got your Yukimura Sanadas running around, you don't have the 15 spaces you need for a name of that length.

The problem of name limits being coded for Japanese or Chinese writing, and not being changed (or able to be changed) for foreign localizations.