Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Soysaucebeast posted:

Hummus hating husband has a mini-update. Looks like communication wins again.

Update to my husband wants a white name

quote:

He’s not racist or disgusting and doesn’t want an arab baby.

Uh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, getting blacklisted from an industry requires something really heinous. Either she’s lying about what the punishment was or she did something with accounting that could put her in prison.

I'd suspect it's at least a felony that's on her record preventing licensure. And regarding exactly what you said. Who knows....she could have hidden this and is actually on probation right now. Or house arrest. The sister likely doesn't have the full story, and it sounds like the parents are coddlers who would absolutely keep this from her.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

I think she meant "He’s not racist or disgusting and it's not that he doesn’t want an arab baby'' and just got lazy with her grammar.

At least, that's what I hope, because otherwise yikes.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Yawgmoth posted:

As a guy, I can with 100% certainty tell you that there is a huge difference in sensation between wearing a condom and not wearing a condom. It's not 5%, it's more like 500%. Which isn't to say that he shouldn't be using them anyways, especially if his gf's parents are so loving dumb that they won't let her have BC, but I definitely understand why he wouldn't want to use them.
Yeah, I've never experienced but I totally believe it feels different, and probably that how different it is depends on the person. But that's something you can give up when you're in a position to have kids or able to use other forms of birth control, imo. If not just for himself, then for his girlfriend, too.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Buried lede time.....can you guess it?

Me [36F] with my bf [34M] 4 years, Is it unreasonable to not want his 13 year old daughter at our anniversary dinner?[new]
submitted 7 hours ago by JulseyWho

Sometimes it seems like my bf tries to put his daughter (13) in between us, so to say. I have a son (16), so I understand how important the parent-child relationship is, and wanting them to get along, and not wanting to feel like you're neglecting your child for a s.o., etc

But, today is our anniversary. He wants his daughter to come with to our anniversary dinner. I get along with her well,but I think our anniversary should be about just us. (Also, I walked in on him with another girl in his bed about 5 months ago, so our relationship is strained- majorly.)

Another example I can think of is on Valentine's day, we had planned to go to dinner. But by the time I got to his house, it was already 7. I had to pick my son up from work at 9. We decided it would be too rushed to go out to dinner, and we could celebrate another night. When I asked him to come with me to pick up my son, he said he needed to spend some Valentine's day with his daughter. We would've been gone like 20 min, he didn't plan on spending this time with her since we would've been at dinner, and he was home with her for 4 hours after school before I got there. When I said that reason didn't really add up (he sometimes makes up weird excuses that don't make sense when he doesn't want to do something and I started calling him out after he cheated) he got defensive and literally yelled at me "Doesn't Kylie get a Valentine's Day, too??" I was like, what? That doesn't even make sense...

It is only on rare occasions like these that I think it should not involve our kids- this isn't a regular thing. I think his mom does lay guilt trips on him that he's not spending enough time with her- as a way to manipulate him- not sure if that is a factor in this.

TLDR: Basically, it seems like he tries to turn would be romantic situations with just us two into family things. He cheated on me several months ago, so making time for our relationship is important. Am I being unreasonable to not want his daughter at our anniversary dinner?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

LadyPictureShow posted:

That too! My mind just went to 'people like naming their kids after pop culture icons'.

Do they still make Princess Di commemorative stuff? I know my mother had that Princess Di beanie baby (she like most, was convinced it would someday be big $$$$$)

Never forget the Princess Diana commemorative revolver.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

PetraCore posted:

Yeah, I've never experienced but I totally believe it feels different, and probably that how different it is depends on the person. But that's something you can give up when you're in a position to have kids or able to use other forms of birth control, imo. If not just for himself, then for his girlfriend, too.

Definitely feels different. My ex-fiancée and I started with condoms but gave up pretty quickly as we decided to be exclusive (though she didn’t exactly keep up that end).

Amnizu
Nov 3, 2003

TELL ME WHY HILLARY INJECTED A MARIJUANA

PetraCore posted:

Like pulling out doesn't work as well as a condom because precum can also impregnate. It might be less likely to, but it's not 'almost impossible'.

less likely than the condom breaking https://americanpregnancy.org/getting-pregnant/can-you-get-pregnant-with-precum/ and largely a myth (you can get someone pregnant if you came once already, your precum will have some semen in it, but otherwise it's beyond negligible as a risk) used to propagate abstinence-only sex ed

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LadyPictureShow posted:

Seriously, what's wrong with Diana? Considering Wonder Woman was such a hit and sequels are in the works, she'll probably have three other friends named Diana.

Did that OP specify what 'white' name her husband was demanding?
Jennifer.

I think he really really likes Jennifer Aniston.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Yawgmoth posted:

1. Look to your left. Are there cars coming? Once the answer is no, proceed to step #2.
2. Turn your steering wheel to the right, then press on the gas pedal.
3. Complete your turn sometime in the next ten minutes, dammit

Congrats you are now educated in the eldritch art of the right turn on red.

Hot Take: Obey a red light when there's no green/amber turn filter, because the lights have been put up there for a loving reason.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

nankeen posted:

ok now i'm catching up on posts and, in the usa you can turn right on any red light at your own discretion?? that is a nightmare

I tried looking up if you guys get to turn left on red and apparently there needs to be a specific sign telling you it’s okay?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my boyfriend to leave after he made me piss my pants?

Some background, my boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years. We are both aware of each other’s “traits”. For example, he has this thing where he HAS to be listened to and if he notices you’re not he’ll almost force himself to be your attention. This comes from being the youngest child in his family and constantly being overlooked growing up.

Now me, embarrassingly enough... since I was young I’ve had this horrible thing happen where I pee my pants easily when I laugh too hard. It’s awful, it’s embarrassing, and I’ve tried everything to prevent this. I was bullied horribly (and understandably) growing up. My boyfriend is aware of this. Now that I am older (24) it RARELY happens, probably only once a year.

Last night my boyfriend was over and we were joking around and having a great time, literally cracking ourselves up. At this point we were in the kitchen dancing to that stupid “La Beep” Spanish song when he cracked some hilarious joke and I started laughing. I could feel myself having to use the bathroom so I tried to push myself away to get to the toilet but he kept pulling me towards him so he could finish his joke. I struggled more and said under laugher “you’re going to make me pee myself” but he kept going. I finally made it to the bathroom BUT HE FORCED THE DOOR OPEN because he wasn’t done adding to his joke. At this point it was too much and I peed myself.

On the bathroom floor with the door finally closed I SCREAMED at him to leave. I was humiliated and sobbing (he thought I was laughing). Wetting myself brings back these awful memories of elementary, middle and high school and I was just so upset. My boyfriend apologized and brought me clean clothes but I was just so mad that he literally kept me hostage while I pissed myself.

AITA?

EDIT: Thank you everyone for your input, I appreciate it. As for everyone going for my boyfriends jugular on this, I understand how it could seem like he may be abusive but I swear he isn’t. At most he’s just needy which IS annoying but it’s not a deal breaker to me. We have a wonderful relationship and this is not something I’ll break up with him over. Does it suck? Yes. But is it the end of the world? No(: Relationships are about compromise and he got caught up in our banter. He understands he was wrong and all is good!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for reacting how I did to my daughter's conflict with her friend?

Recently, my 13 year old daughter came home upset about getting into an argument with another girl over a soccer game in PE. My daughter isn’t the most athletic, but her friend plays soccer year-round.

In this specific game, my daughter got into an argument with her friend; my daughter kicked the ball into the goal but her friend, who was the goalie and inattentive in the moment, claimed that there was NO WAY my daughter could have kicked it in. I’m guessing that’s because my daughter probably failed to do so during numerous other attempts, but my daughter thought that this girl was putting her down when she had just started to improve at soccer.

Then, that one argument got a lot nastier and they started fighting over random things not even related to soccer. However, after a while, my daughter expressed wanting to still be friends and make things up with that girl. I told her to send an apology email, call that friend, or talk to the girl in person about it.

Unfortunately, that didn’t work, and the girl told my daughter that she never thought my daughter would change and that they would never be friends again. My daughter started crying, but I found it very hard to comfort or feel sympathy for her. I am a very solutions-focused, practical person. At 13, I would have said, “to hell with that girl, I’m 13 and in 4.5 years I won’t ever see her again. Good riddance.”

I told her that, and I also said, “All girls fight, and at 13 I thought you would have known that by now.” I mean, as an adult, you’re just so swamped with things that stress you out way more than some teenage drama that they’ll both forget about by the time they’re 35.

My daughter carried on crying and came into my husband and I’s bedroom to cry and vent some more at about 10 PM. I made her leave by 12 am because it was late and I start work at 8 AM. I am honestly pretty angry about the whole situation because my daughter even missed her zero period biology class over crap like this.

I wanted to teach my daughter a different approach: that not everyone deserves your heavy emotions, like that girl, conflict resolution skills, life skills: that all women are catty (I have coworker spats with girls I work with and I never feel down because I just know all women are like that), and just how to let things go. I don’t want my daughter to pity herself when stuff like this happens.

Instead of going to class, my kid instead spent her morning waking up her grandma (my mom) and crying and venting to her. Later, my mom called me and said that I needed to have more patience and empathy for my daughter, and that I should have given her a hug or two, even though my mom KNOWS I’m not a touchy person and don’t even hug my husband, whom I arguably love a smidgen more than my daughter. My sister even called me as well and said that I was “too cold” towards my daughter.

Then, when she did go back to school, my kid even told her "FAVORITE" TEACHER about this. Why would you tell a stranger about your personal problems when you have FAMILY, like your MOM, to help you? My daughter even came home and told me that she sometimes wanted said teacher to be her mom sometimes! I don't know where that came from and why! I've been here for 13 years and her teacher has known her for like, less than a year.

I’m so confused now. AITA?

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Motronic posted:

Me [36F] with my bf [34M] 4 years, Is it unreasonable to not want his 13 year old daughter at our anniversary dinner?[new]

Sometimes it seems like my bf tries to put his daughter (13) in between us, so to say. I have a son (16), so I understand how important the parent-child relationship is, and wanting them to get along, and not wanting to feel like you're neglecting your child for a s.o., etc

But, today is our anniversary. He wants his daughter to come with to our anniversary dinner. I get along with her well,but I think our anniversary should be about just us. (Also, I walked in on him with another girl in his bed about 5 months ago, so our relationship is strained- majorly.)

Another example I can think of is on Valentine's day, we had planned to go to dinner. But by the time I got to his house, it was already 7. I had to pick my son up from work at 9. We decided it would be too rushed to go out to dinner, and we could celebrate another night. When I asked him to come with me to pick up my son, he said he needed to spend some Valentine's day with his daughter. We would've been gone like 20 min, he didn't plan on spending this time with her since we would've been at dinner, and he was home with her for 4 hours after school before I got there. When I said that reason didn't really add up (he sometimes makes up weird excuses that don't make sense when he doesn't want to do something and I started calling him out after he cheated) he got defensive and literally yelled at me "Doesn't Kylie get a Valentine's Day, too??" I was like, what? That doesn't even make sense...

It is only on rare occasions like these that I think it should not involve our kids- this isn't a regular thing. I think his mom does lay guilt trips on him that he's not spending enough time with her- as a way to manipulate him- not sure if that is a factor in this.

TLDR: Basically, it seems like he tries to turn would be romantic situations with just us two into family things. He cheated on me several months ago, so making time for our relationship is important. Am I being unreasonable to not want his daughter at our anniversary dinner?

lol nice spoiler work

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

School Nickname posted:

Hot Take: Obey a red light when there's no green/amber turn filter, because the lights have been put up there for a loving reason.

It is literally legal, intended, and expected if there isn't a "no right turn on red" sign. Why do you think those signs exist? :psyduck:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

tehinternet posted:

I’m torn. Because on one hand, breaking a young girl’s heart with such indifference is bad, but getting the gently caress out of her life because you’re a worthless sack of poo poo who took some lady you ~~~might have kids with one day~~~ over the child you’ve raised for essentially her entire life is really a kindness.

I was married and have two step kids from that marriage who are still -and will always loving be- my kids. gently caress that dude for being completely and utterly feckless and not standing up for his kid and gently caress his insecure sack of poo poo fiancée who can’t handle a loving child calling her future husband ‘dad.’

Even when I was loving dating before I got married again (to a lady who loves my kids), if there was someone who “couldn’t get it” or “didn’t understand why I care about kids that ‘aren’t mine,’” then they got kicked to the curb with the quickness. As if a loving partner is worth a relationship with your kids.

and it’s like... if you guys have kids, they’ll loving LOVE having a big brother or sister. My bio kid adores her bro bros and it’s fuckin’ awesome.

Both of them, first in line for the guillotine. Man. gently caress those people. Irredeemable garbage, both of them.

Anyone else remember Clueless? How the stepbrother was always invited to the main character's house and stayed with them, even though his mom wasn't married to the father anymore? Best line ever: you divorce spouses, not kids.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Why would my daughter look for validation and support from someone other than me, owner of the "Worlds best egg donor" mug?

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Pirate Radar posted:

I tried looking up if you guys get to turn left on red and apparently there needs to be a specific sign telling you it’s okay?

In Ireland we have:

Red circle: loving Stop.
Amber circle: Stop unless it is unsafe to do so.
Green circle: Proceed with caution.
Green arrow (an extra set of lights adjacent to the circles): You may proceed in the direction of the arrow, assuming it's safe to do so and even if there's a red circle on the main set of lights. Traffic opposite you on the junction pre-turn will be stopped.
Amber arrow (an extra set of lights adjacent to the circles): Like above, but traffic opposite you on the junction can turn into the same road as you and you must yield to them. There will be traffic calming measures to guide you into this particular situation, to minimise your fuckups.

edit;

13Pandora13 posted:

It is literally legal, intended, and expected if there isn't a "no right turn on red" sign. Why do you think those signs exist? :psyduck:

I live in a country where you can shift from rural to urban roads and vice-versa rapidly and you just can't puts lights up on every single junction. In rural areas with no lights at all people follow their own judgement and blaze 50+ mph through a podunk village with a 30mph limit ("ah sure I live here, I know the road!"), but when you hit a town/city you have to expect a driver who forgets that they're in an urban area or just says fuckit to the rules because they haven't killed anyone yet.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jun 2, 2019

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Yeah, in America you can turn right on any red as long as it’s safe to do so/you yield to the traffic that has a green. You’re legally supposed to come to a complete stop before making the turn but many people just slow way down instead of fully stopping. Some people call that the “Hollywood Stop” because... people do it in Hollywood, I guess.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My beloved one (25f) given up on us and broke up with me (24m) after 5 years long relationship

quote:

Almost 5 years long relationship has been destroyed unwittingly by me. Last september I've proposed and she said "yes". Then suddenly last thursday she informed me that she doesn't love me anymore. I was shocked. Then I realized all these little things that are important for her - spending time with not only her, but her friends, her family. It never wasn't just her I've proposed, but her life and everything that builts her life and happiness. I didn't realize. Having two jobs, working about 300h per month I haven't had much time to think about what builts us. I was insolently sure, that she accepts me as I am - all egotic, declaring love only for her. It wasn't part of my plan to love her family too and I was horribly wrong thinking that it'll work. I didn't sleep much that night. I woke up about 4 AM and prepared breakfast for her. I came to her room and sat by her. It was stronger than me. She asked me to give her space, but I have had to do something. I know that I have no other option - I have to give her some space for a while after all. My plan is to move for couple days to friend so she don't have to look at me. But I know I have to fight. Today I spent couple hours reading her books (she is writer in free time) and watching her favorite series on Netflix so I could see, what I've missed before. I'm definitely not suicidal type, but my self assurance, my proud, my emotional ground have been built on her love. I said and thought so much stupid things last two nights, but I am helpless in the face of these events. I am not a guy who cries, but I wept all my tears. Is there anything I can do? I love her so much...

TL;DR My fianceé broke up with me and given up on me and I don't know how to make her get in love with me again

quote:

It is my plan to do everything I can to make her come back. Even if I have to give her loads of time and space before we finally talk. I want her so bad. I didn't realize, how much until she brokes up with me. It is so hard, cause we live together with her parents all this time. I have no family member here. Only her. So she has perfect comfort to break up. She moved to her brother for this weekend and will come back tomorrow. I know that she observes me in social media so she could assure herself about this decision. It is so hard. I know how she described this situation to her friends and that she don't want me like I am now in her life. I cannot wait idly watching her be perfectly fine with this. Not so long ago, 2 weeks I think, we talked with her family about our future kids and what now?! WHAT HAPPENED?! I AM COMPLETLY SHATTERED...

Thankfully, the wise people of Reddit are here to give him primo advice!

quote:

just bring some other girl into the house and show her who makes the rules
:what:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

nankeen posted:

ok now i'm catching up on posts and, in the usa you can turn right on any red light at your own discretion?? that is a nightmare

Yes, because you’re turning into the flow of traffic and it’s virtually never going so fast that you can’t slip into a gap. Anyone who can’t do so without crashing is probably unsafe to drive in the first place.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for reacting how I did to my daughter's conflict with her friend?

Yet again, the replies from OP here are loving poison.

quote:

Okay, but that teacher doesn’t feed or clothe her, so...

quote:

Who else would hug my kid? she’s not the most lovable...

quote:

Tbh my husband wanted a kid more than I did...

quote:

She’s in bio honors because I made her study and be a good student

quote:

Cultural reasons? In Asian and we don’t do that hug poo poo.

replier posted:

dude you have so many internalized isms it's wack. I'm asian and I sure as poo poo got hugged by my parents and I hug my parents and my brother and my cousins and my 奶奶. It's important to show affection and tenderness to the people you love and care about, especially to your own daughter. she models so much of how she sees the world based off of how you behave, so don't throw her into a cruel, uncaring one where she won't feel comfortable expressing her emotions or asking for help.

quote:

I’m Chinese too; you just must be a strange case.

And the pièce de résistance

quote:

...what is that cluster b stuff?? I actually studied something useful in college. Psych majors were attractive but dumb women so yeah.

quote:

No. I have perfect mental health.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it's me, I'm the guy staring intently at the colored lights with no understanding of how they are controlling traffic or what direction cars are coming from

give me discretion to turn right on red and my brain will literally shut down

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

School Nickname posted:

In Ireland we have:

Red circle: loving Stop.
Amber circle: Stop unless it is unsafe to do so.
Green circle: Proceed with caution.
Green arrow (an extra set of lights adjacent to the circles): You may proceed in the direction of the arrow, assuming it's safe to do so and even if there's a red circle on the main set of lights. Traffic opposite you on the junction pre-turn will be stopped.
Amber arrow (an extra set of lights adjacent to the circles): Like above, but traffic opposite you on the junction can turn into the same road as you and you must yield to them. There will be traffic calming measures to guide you into this particular situation, to minimise your fuckups.

In Ireland you also have things like population density, and walking/cycling culture.

Right turn on red has basically zero impact on vehicular collisions, but it does create problems for pedestrian traffic. It's just that so many American roads aren't designed for and don't really have pedestrians (and major pedestrian crossings, or major intersections in general, usually specifically have signs prohibiting right on red.)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Uh, pretty sure a lot of Ireland is not exactly urban

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Pirate Radar posted:

Pretty much anything goes in rural Ireland, so long as a guard isn't up your hole. A few years ago they made a new sign that means "You know best. loving bomb it. The missus won't know." I'm only animated, because I get pulled over, penalty pointed and my car insurance goes up for doing the poo poo you do.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Pirate Radar posted:

Sure, but they don't really have the same level of suburban hellsprawl around their metro areas. At a glance their major cities are definitely denser than comparably sized American cities

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

hawowanlawow posted:

it's me, I'm the guy staring intently at the colored lights with no understanding of how they are controlling traffic or what direction cars are coming from

give me discretion to turn right on red and my brain will literally shut down

There are... four lights!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LadyPictureShow posted:

My [22F] sister [25F] pays no rent and makes no effort around the house.

This gal seems less concerned about the sister 'taking advantage' of the parents and more angry that she has to pay rent.

Goddamn, blacklisted from the entire industry though?

I don't know why an accountant would need some of the more sensitive licenses, but yes you absolutely can lose financial industry licenses laughably easily.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Pirate Radar posted:

So left turns on red are typically only legal from a one-way street onto another one-way street. The reason is that this means you don’t have to cross a bunch of lanes of traffic to complete your turn-on-red.

This is a rare enough circumstance that most cities hang signs in every one of the intersections where left-on-red is legal, since otherwise many drivers wouldn’t even realize they can.

13Pandora13 posted:

Correct. It’s intended and expected in the road design. As a civil engineer who’s done my share of intersection/traffic design, when we’re designing a new intersection, we start off assuming all directions will allow right turn on red. The “no right turn on red” signs *only* go up if there’s a specific reason why not.

MagusofStars fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jun 2, 2019

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There are... four lights!
I'm afraid you are mistaken. There are five lights and one of them is telling you to turn

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Right turn on red is good.

Condoms feel fine. For me it's a lot closer to 5% than it is to 500% as someone else sad. Really the only thing I dislike about condoms is that you have to stop what you're doing for a minute to put it on. Small price to pay. Wear a dang rubber if you don't want chrilden.

I ate hummus today.

The no hugging mom is an rear end in a top hat. Not just for the no hugging thing, but the "I love my husband more than my daughter" and "all women are just like that" is just, wow lady you suck.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don’t think it makes sense to try to argue with people over whether they feel (or perceive feeling) a difference. I think the important thing is that any difference in pleasure is insignificant to the displeasure of finding out you’re in a totally preventable situation later.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Motronic posted:

lmao

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Straight White Shark posted:

In Ireland you also have things like population density, and walking/cycling culture.

Right turn on red has basically zero impact on vehicular collisions, but it does create problems for pedestrian traffic. It's just that so many American roads aren't designed for and don't really have pedestrians (and major pedestrian crossings, or major intersections in general, usually specifically have signs prohibiting right on red.)

being able to turn right on red is fine in many areas with pedestrians too. It's just expected that you always look for pedestrians as well as oncoming traffic before turning right on red

Turning right at an intersection should always entail checking for pedestrians anyway

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

people used to complain about seat belt laws because they claimed that seat belts are uncomfortable

I assume they're all dead by now

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

being able to turn right on red is fine in many areas with pedestrians too. It's just expected that you always look for pedestrians as well as oncoming traffic before turning right on red

Turning right at an intersection should always entail checking for pedestrians anyway

Seriously....this isn't hard. There is a ped crosswalk, and peds have priority. You are crossing two of them them at the most to make a right on red. If you can't figure out whether it's safe for both you and pedestrians to do this you shouldn't be driving.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
No hugging is how you get that weirdo that free-climbed that big loving rock wall in Yosemite

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

areyoucontagious posted:

No hugging is how you get that weirdo that free-climbed that big loving rock wall in Yosemite

Duncan Idaho?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
You are literally the worst sort of rear end in a top hat behind the wheel if you are turning right at a red and refuse to turn because it is red even though there's an opening.

I say this as someone from :canada:.