Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
If you miss the Dark Souls lps, check out episode 45 of The Wonderful 101. In which Woolie forgets how to jump to a platform. You just walk up to a geyser and it lifts you to it, but if you use the ball ability, you are shot up into a secret. So after backtracking, he exclusively uses the ball and manages to miss the platform every time for ten minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Mystic Mongol posted:

Emotional appeals? I'll give you a loving emotional appeal, you miserable poo poo.

I knew a woman who died. Bone cancer, lung cancer, a different bone cancer somehow, obesity, and also some sort of muscular distrophy I don't know the details of, all at the age of seventy. She died real slow--she spent the last year in her apartment, being cared for by her husband, unable to leave. She had good days and bad days, and on the good days she would fade in and out. She couldn't hold a book up to read it, which was hell for a writer. She couldn't watch television because she missed too much of the plot. She couldn't go places. The long, shouting arguments spirited debates she liked to engage in were entirely too exhausting. She couldn't enjoy the foods that made her so goddamn fat. She certainly couldn't write any more.

But she could still play video games. Skyrim moved at exactly her pace. When she was active, she could play the games she'd loved since before most of us goons were born. And when she faded, or drifted off, or when holding the controller limply in her lap was too much, that was fine. Accessibility settings had left her character invincible. Dialog didn't auto-proceed, so if she got tired part way through a conversation, it would patiently wait for her to come back. Combat, travel, inventory management, all of it would advance only when she was there. She spent the end of her life fighting the Draughr.

She was lucky--Skyrim was a game that would accommodate her. If she had been playing one of Hidetaka Miyazaki's games, he wouldn't have allowed her to ruin his artistic vision, and a dying old woman would have been stripped of one of the few pleasures she still had. So Hidetake Miyazaki can go gently caress himself.

And if you want to say she wasn't playing the game right, you can go gently caress yourself too.

this

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh man, the Baba is You Woolie is Streaming is Painful

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Woolie is playing BABA is YOU (great puzzle game made by a goon, big recommend) and it's hilarious how he's overthinking things.

edit: goddamnit dias

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's Paige-levels of puzzle competency, it's amazing.

HE DID THE PUZZLE THO

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Finally

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
"What if everything becomes a key, and then I make the keys both open and close and the contradiction makes them cease to exist"

I love Baba is You for letting people go full Galaxy Brain and still succeed

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Archenteron posted:

"What if everything becomes a key, and then I make the keys both open and close and the contradiction makes them cease to exist"

There was a much simpler solution, but every time he figured out the harder way.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Watching woolie play baba is you was insanely painful, does he upload the vod anywhere? I missed everything but the last two rooms :v:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Just started watching the stream, Woolie is having wholesome chuckles at his clever solutions on the first world. Can't wait for it to go to hell. :allears:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Finally, I have context. https://youtu.be/qN0y5PtFNis

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/1135575755054813185

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Watch Paige cosplay as Vriska in about a month. :ohno:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
No podcast this week?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Podcast NOW

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh boy

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Dias posted:

Oh man, the Baba is You Woolie is Streaming is Painful

gently caress yeah, I was hoping one of them would play this.

Archenteron posted:

Some of the crazy bullshit the game either forces you to do or allows you to do is amazing. Big recommend to anyone who's not on Paige's level.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1136257677191917570

They'll make the shiny version green with purple braids.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Grouchio posted:

Watch Paige cosplay as Vriska in about a month. :ohno:

Vriska has a great design tho.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Watched Woolie play Baba is You on the twitch vod before noticing he had it up on YouTube and edited. Having watched several other streamers play the game he actually does exceptionally well in the initial area and on some puzzles that trip others up but when he hits a wall it's like the prime example of when he gets some incorrect assumption about a game in his head and can't let go of it and honestly I wonder if Paige would've done those puzzles faster, possibly on accident. Puzzles have several solutions, especially near the beginning, so that helps prevent someone getting completely stuck, unfortunately this helped reinforce some of Woolie's bad assumptions cause he could pass a level by going the super long way.

Tips for Baba is You: the only intrinsic rule is pushing words (doors aren't always shut, flag doesn't have to be win, baba doesn't have to be the one who wins, etc); the game doesn't contradict itself between levels, Woolie misunderstood a few things and seems to think this is the case; the game does a pretty good job of teaching you how things work if you pay attention, I suspect LP-tax often causes streamers to miss things.

Later on it gets much harder and I frequently put the game down for a few days and come back to it (sometimes drunk) and then solve the puzzle in a few minutes. It's also a big help to have someone else in the room to talk poo poo out with, it's been a decent couples game reportedly.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
https://twitter.com/eyepatchwolf/status/1136389096404856833?s=21

Hahahaha

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

I forgot how good EyepatchWolf was. Maybe I should listen to his podcast again.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

I forgot how good EyepatchWolf was. Maybe I should listen to his podcast unsubscribe from SuperBunnyHop again.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

"Woolie, king of scrubs. You know nothing of humanity's infinite potential for malice!" - Eyepatch

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

This is gonna make for some great podcasts if Woolie doesn’t starve to death watching it.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

God, Eyepatch Wolf is living his best life

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Sudden 1 AM WWFIO (feat. Eyepatch Wolf):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeltxDfzWos

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Eyepatch Wolf’s podcast is good and I think if you’re kinda burned out on CSB then it’s mad refreshing. Bryan and Niamh are the best.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

TheManSeries posted:

Eyepatch Wolf’s podcast is good and I think if you’re kinda burned out on CSB then it’s mad refreshing. Bryan and Niamh are the best.

Why would I move from Hot Takes Pat to Hot Takes Irish man outside of an accent change

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Does SuperEyePatchCast have harsh but fair takes on pokemon?

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Tae posted:

Why would I move from Hot Takes Pat to Hot Takes Irish man outside of an accent change

Hot takes Irish man gets checked on his poo poo by his two cohosts, Sassy Irish Lesbian and World’s Goodest Irish Boy.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Watching Curt Schilling get owned is always good for a laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOywJPI9uTU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/1136744450238091265

So they do a timeshare with the extended SBFP cast

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Brightman posted:

Somewhat, the notion of giving back the money for something that wasn't pre-paid made no sense though. GRRM should give back his money? What? You and everyone else got those books, to my knowledge there aren't Winds of Winter pre-orders at stake here or some poo poo. Like yeah, we can call him a lying jerk I guess, especially if you dig into it more and he kept saying he was close to finishing it going back to I think 2013~2015. Also the show was supposedly greenlit on the premise that of course he'd finish the books before the show caught up, it'd be "insane" to think he wouldn't. Another thing GRRM has said in the past, I think wrt the possibility of him dying before finishing the books, is that a possible ending for the story is that the comet crashes into the world and kills everyone, like if he dies that's the canon ending.

Also from the podcast, I don't think it's as necessary to write off Westworld season 3 as Woolie seems to think. Unlike GoT, season 2 wasn't their last season, they get to try and improve based on the criticism and potentially make a good season this time. It's probably unlikely, but I sorta feel like the disappointment he felt over GoT has made him super cynical, even though he was hardcore sandbagging WW season 2 at the time, it seems like any potential for a benefit of the doubt on this is now dead. Shows can have a bad season and be good again.

When Pat says something like the refunds, I don't take it as "Literally give me my money back." It's more of this weird sort of thing where he tries to fill in the map corners of an argument. Most people will agree that it was a jerk move for George to not even work on the books while doing these speaking tours where he talks about how to be a good writer just like George. To me, Pat says that kind of stuff to go "Yeah, we agree on that, but how strongly do we agree, huh? Come at me with some feelings and let's get some jokes going." I do the same thing sometimes, but badly. I'll just go, "Yo XCOM licks balls in this way" even though I love thosee games because I want to talk about how bad some of the systems in a game I love are, but in a way I haven't a thousand times.

It's kind of one of the things I like about Pat. Most people I listen to that I agree with are waffley (not necessarily a bad thing), always trying to come to a well-reasoned end point in an argument, making sure that they set up the right context for their views and everything, which usually results in them being way too over-stated and boring to listen to. Then I listen to Pat and he kind of just says something that'll get everyone to sit up in their seats.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

If you don't think Pat means "literally give me my money back" I'm not really sure what negaverse pat you're listening to

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
pat is playing three dimensional chess with our brains that our addled due to higher altitude

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

What’s the custody arrangement here? CSB gets Eyepatch on the weekends?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Pat's war against fate/stay and gatcha is a noble war

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
fate is good but nearly every other tm property is better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

how soon we forget pat is actually more broke brained than the average gacha player considering he spent upwards of 1200 dollars on overwatch lootboxes (probably worse than your average gacha) and has been repeatedly bamboozled by the concept of "free money"

like its legitimately funny people forget pat is the whalest whale to ever whale in his games of choice

Monathin fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jun 8, 2019