Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Of course they are. Solomon is doing the catering and if there is one thing transdimensional mage-warrior knight ronin can't resist it's a free lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
drat y'all, i just wanted to say "worm treachery" and you turned it into serious discussion about Nyave actually being worms

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

SunAndSpring posted:

drat y'all, i just wanted to say "worm treachery" and you turned it into serious discussion about Nyave actually being worms

:can:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Yeah, I don't think Nyave is worms. I think she might end up being stupidly powerful by the end of things, though. Would be super cool.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Still pretty sure the worm-lines were just poorly drawn tears and the fire was due to being in close proximity to the greatest fools in creation for over a year.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Nyave's realisation that the gods are just people is on the same line of Maya's realisation that the gods aren't paragons of virtue, they're butchers. Looks to me that Nyave and Maya are on the same path but Nyave has the potential to realize hers peacefully.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Didn't Agog survive the last great Throne war by virtue of being worms? She precedes all the other current kings.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Worm are basically just nature's mimics.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

SunAndSpring posted:

You opened this can of worms, now lie in it

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah, I don't think Nyave is worms. I think she might end up being stupidly powerful by the end of things, though. Would be super cool.

Allison deposes Swolloman, gives key to Nyave. Her flames become very stylish green and purple

ThaumPenguin posted:

You opened this can of worms, now lie in it

:brainworms:

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

ThaumPenguin posted:

You opened this can of worms, now lie in it eat it

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Paramemetic posted:

You opened this can of worms, now lie in it eat it

Absolutely NO SUPPLICATION required! ENJOY!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Don't you love those days when you discover a new SA smiley that you know you'll never stop using? Because I'm having one of those days now.

I'll share too: :gaysper:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

DancingShade posted:

The winning move is to do this but not build a new throne.

That's what topple their thrones means.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

You can sit on the throne if you want but you can't turn it back the right way up so you'll look dumb when you try.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
You can shatter worlds with a word, but if you're sitting sideways in the rubble, I can't be bothered to listen to a single thing you have to say.

Draadnagel
Jul 16, 2011

..zoekend naar draadnagels bij laag tij.

Demiurge4 posted:

Nyave's realisation that the gods are just people is on the same line of Maya's realisation that the gods aren't paragons of virtue, they're butchers. Looks to me that Nyave and Maya are on the same path but Nyave has the potential to realize hers peacefully.

Nyave gonna kick some rear end and i'm here for it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Draadnagel posted:

Nyave gonna kick some rear end and i'm here for it

Everyone in the comic turning out to be a secret badass would be incredibly boring writing.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Secret? She dropkicked BAD MAN while escaping an exploding fortress on a stolen ship crewed by devils.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
And would have gotten absolutely murdered for her troubles by Oskar if, whoops, secret badass Lucky Felicia hadn't swooped in to save the day.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Dead Reckoning posted:

And would have gotten absolutely murdered for her troubles by Oskar if, whoops, secret badass Lucky Felicia hadn't swooped in to save the day.
That's Oskar's fault. He forgot sword law, that a single strike will circle the world 50 times and strike you a hundred fold.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Dead Reckoning posted:

Geez, Dead Reckoning, it's in Lucky Felicia's name.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Dead Reckoning posted:

Lucky Felicia is only a secret badass if you were expecting that someone who was willing to join a crew of notorious demons (and an idiot) to rob an impenetrable fortress run by the king of 1/7 of creation was going to be a chump.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

hey girl you up posted:

Lucky Felicia is only a secret badass if you were expecting that someone who was willing to join a crew of notorious demons (and an idiot) to rob an impenetrable fortress run by the king of 1/7 of creation was going to be a chump.

Any human who enthusiastically swears the Night Curse is an idiot chump, as the in-comic and under-comic text make abundantly clear. Her surprise at being betrayed, totally ineffectual attempt to kill Oskar, and begging for her life from a devil all indicated that she was completely out of her depth.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
You'd think someone named Lucky Lucky would be a better shot.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
IIRC, all of her shots hit, but that doesn't matter when the target is bullet-indifferent (to non-Puresilver bullets, at least.)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I still love how Yre forced people trying to rob it to walk the same path Mammon did and then finally at the end come face to face with a symbol of how pointless it is

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
The sanctioned action is to wriggle.

SunAndSpring posted:

Consider: there is no such thing as a worm.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
won'trm

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

We're gonna find out later that Gog's fatal flaw is that she cannot, in fact, do The Worm.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Shugojin posted:

I still love how Yre forced people trying to rob it to walk the same path Mammon did and then finally at the end come face to face with a symbol of how pointless it is

Ooh, good observation

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

None of which makes a lick of difference to Devils, who revel in it all anyways :v:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

PMush Perfect posted:

Don't you love those days when you discover a new SA smiley that you know you'll never stop using? Because I'm having one of those days now.

I'll share too: :gaysper:

Oh thats good

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

how do you tell a cokehead he ain't Royalty? seems impossible

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

paranoid randroid posted:

how do you tell a cokehead he ain't Royalty? seems impossible

I think Todd's got more of a grasp on it than you might expect : http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11092006

And of course
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11022007

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've said it before but I love Ray's floppy-armed Sasquatch walk

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

fritz posted:

I think Todd's got more of a grasp on it than you might expect : http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11092006

And of course
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11022007

Incubus: "just punch hell of suckers in the mouth and tell girls you like them."

Allison: "whoa"

e. my favorite Incubus panels are the ones right after Allison cuts his cheek and you can just barely make out an expression of absolute fury on his face as he turns and then snaps into a Not Even Mad Smile at the last moment

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jun 4, 2019

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Dead Reckoning posted:

Everyone in the comic turning out to be a secret badass would be incredibly boring writing.

Dead Reckoning posted:

why must you constantly be like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
"Aesma, in her fury and impatience, had very poorly worked the warm black flame of YS (oh poorly indeed!). In her idiocy, she had forged impermanent beings – the first mortals, and in doing so had inadvertently created the Gift of Death. The Gods were bowed in awe, for the little lives of Men burned with meaning many times more potent than the creators of the Red City themselves, and the terrible fires of will burned so brightly within their brows that each was a Universe on their own, and the Gods could say no more."

It's almost like this entire comic, from page 1, is about how anyone, even a barista living in a sorority house, can become a force that bends the world to their will, as long as their will is strong enough.