Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

cool av posted:

Mana systems are OK but they could be done better. Just abstract all types into a single pool and remove the "luck factor" by having it regenerate at a fixed rate, in realtime. Each action you take as a player should cost an amount of mana relative to its importance. So I might have 60/60 mana and I want to declare a war on a large neighbor. That costs 50 mana. If I return to the game 5 hours later, that mana will have regenerated and I can take another action. If I want to play faster, I can choose to spend a currency item to refill my bar. Currency items should be gained via special ingame events, or via a small microtransacton. This would make the game far more enjoyable, and perhaps also get Pdox some much needed extra money.

EuropaVille

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

I, for one, won't be satisfied until I can pay for a 6/6/6 ruler.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

idhrendur posted:

I meant to reply to these awhile back. Someone on the Paradox forums made a tool to help with some of that. Not sure if it's helpful given where you're at, but it's over here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/tools-ck2maptools-automating-some-of-the-map-generation-process.1116396/

Afraid not, this appears to only be able to do randomized placements and only on maps it generates.

Its java again, so you could theoretically work on it like the cse, but im out of it enough thanks to work i havent gotten what i want done there either.

What would help is if i could turn a savegame into a starting scenaeio, being able to change things ingame and have it be startable would be great.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

And I'm quite particular about my provinces, so... maybe, in the future?

But we proceed at pace :toot:

Two empires to go and then I'm done.

Playstation 4 posted:

What would help is if i could turn a savegame into a starting scenaeio, being able to change things ingame and have it be startable would be great.

Not conceptually difficult, I think?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Kyle Hyde posted:

I, for one, won't be satisfied until I can pay for a 6/6/6 ruler.

Ronald. 6. Wilson. 6. Reagan. 6.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

chairface posted:

Ronald. 6. Wilson. 6. Reagan. 6.

Ah, the Great Satan himself

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

By the way, have the people in this thread that want EU4 to be more of a simulation been paying any attention to MEIOU & Taxes? Because all jokes about Trois-Eveches aside, it seems to be exactly what you guys want.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

YF-23 posted:

By the way, have the people in this thread that want EU4 to be more of a simulation been paying any attention to MEIOU & Taxes? Because all jokes about Trois-Eveches aside, it seems to be exactly what you guys want.

If only it ran smoothly. It's nigh unplayable for me right now. :(

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

YF-23 posted:

Unless they've changed their philosophy since I tried it last, it really isn't anything like what I'd want. At least the way I remember it, there's a whole lot of player fiddling with poo poo, but the gameplay is still fundamentally that of the base game. Like, the whole simulation/society aspect is basically asking for systems to be properly integrated into each other, which mods really can't do.

Take trade for instance: Colonialism, technology, government, population (growth), religion - all of those aspects of the game should influence and be influenced by trade, and each of those would themselves be tied into other systems too. Another example would be war, where army tradition and proximity should directly influence technology, which would naturally encourage army tech to develop faster in regions with loads of smaller powers duking it out constantly - and retard it in regions where a hegemon has crushed all opposition.

A Buttery Pastry fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 2, 2019

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

YF-23 posted:

M&T brought back carpet sieging, which is reason enough to drat it even if it didn't have any other massive flaws (it does).

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

YF-23 posted:

I've tried it, it felt like they had the right idea, but having to run it all through provincial modifiers makes the game run like poo poo and makes the information insanely difficult to find. But yeah that is legit the direction I'd like the game to go. Communication efficiency in particular is a good loving idea.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Vichan posted:

If only it ran smoothly. It's nigh unplayable for me right now. :(

It's a more comprehensive simulation, yes.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

It's a more comprehensive simulation, yes.

It's a hacked together mess because it's a mod doing a bunch of poo poo mods have no business doing.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

cool av posted:

If I return to the game 5 hours later, that mana will have regenerated and I can take another action. If I want to play faster, I can choose to spend a currency item to refill my bar. Currency items should be gained via special ingame events, or via a small microtransacton. This would make the game far more enjoyable, and perhaps also get Pdox some much needed extra money.

Wait excuse me wtf :psyduck:
I really hope this is a case of Poe's law and me having too much caffeine at work already.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Groogy posted:

I really hope this is a case of Poe's law and me having too much caffeine at work already.
I'm preeeeeeety sure he's joking. I'll take some caffeine though please.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Groogy posted:

It's a joke.

It's basically how mobile games work.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Groogy posted:

But we really want to spend money to buy Parabux with which to purchase Paraboxes with loot like a new flag emblem or +1 to <random> stat for all rulers in one EU4 playthrough (stackable). Working in ironman and multiplayer of course. :homebrew:

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
look if you're gonna go evil, lean into it hard

World of Tanks sells golden bullets, EU4 should too. Your armies dying too quickly just because they're outnumbered, never drilled, and are still using spears? Buy FUNBUX and roll over your enemies in MP! Plus, anytime you lose, you can just accuse your opponent of using funbux.

I see nothing wrong with this whatsoever

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The golden shells weren't too bad since if you had terrible map awareness, bad aiming skills or just plain sucked at the game you still got your rear end kicked. A bigger issue was all the tanks with super stats only available by spending real money. I heard one of the latest has such thick frontal armor not even gold shells are enough to penetrate it. :shepspends:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Poil posted:

The golden shells weren't too bad since if you had terrible map awareness, bad aiming skills or just plain sucked at the game you still got your rear end kicked. A bigger issue was all the tanks with super stats only available by spending real money. I heard one of the latest has such thick frontal armor not even gold shells are enough to penetrate it. :shepspends:
They do that kind of stuff to get everyone to buy it. Then after a month or two they patch it "fixing" the tank to be balanced (after everyone spent their money on it).

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Time for platinum shells

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Senor Dog posted:

Time for platinum shells Prussian Space Marines

There, now it's more fitting for most Paradox settings.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Don Gato posted:

There, now it's more fitting for most Paradox settings.

You misspelled Swedish.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

HereticMIND posted:

You misspelled Swedish.

Prussian Swedish Marines, checks out.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Cynic Jester posted:

Prussian Swedish Marines, checks out.

Ask me about culture converting as Sweden in multiplayer in my 'stop invading me or I click this button and become Prussia with Swedish events and modifers' strat

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Obliterati posted:

Ask me about culture converting as Sweden in multiplayer in my 'stop invading me or I click this button and become Prussia with Swedish events and modifers' strat
:frogon:

Honestly that sounds like a great way to get everyone on the planet to come get you.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
"Invade me now or I'll soon be able to click this button..."

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
Both of you have correctly ended this story, though in the end nobody could take Konigsberg

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Obliterati posted:

Both of you have correctly ended this story, though in the end nobody could take Konigsberg

Well yeah, their armies got tied up trying to cross all the bridges without crossing a single one twice

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Anyone tried HPM lately? Seems like he’s added a lot of stuff and I am curious to see how it plays.

Dreissi
Feb 14, 2007

:dukedog:
College Slice

Kaza42 posted:

Well yeah, their armies got tied up trying to cross all the bridges without crossing a single one twice

...an Eulerian path joke?!

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5DtJqYKoxI

Never change, Paradox. :allears:

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Good aesthetic choice

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Haha that’s great

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
I now non-ironically demand a synthwave video to accompany every DLC.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Lum_ posted:

I now non-ironically demand a synthwave video to accompany every DLC.

Imperator sounds like it should already be at least three synthwave bands.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Gimme synthwave music dlc for every game

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I like that the song is actually good as well as being cliche as gently caress

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

RabidWeasel posted:

I like that the song is actually good as well as being cliche as gently caress

Have you considered cliches may be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I see they skipped over Vicky 2. Curious 🤔🤔🤔🤔