Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Iretep posted:

the same way you kill all junction frames. you pick excalibur, press 4 and start spamming your anime sword at it.

no you press 2 and then finisher the specter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Iretep posted:

the same way you kill all junction frames. you pick excalibur, press 4 and start spamming your anime sword at it.

This is what I did for all the previous ones, but I must not have done it right this time.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

no you press 2 and then finisher the specter

This turned out to be the answer. :tipshat:

prefect fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jun 2, 2019

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

In terms of Cetus bounties what's a good starting setup for T4 Solo? I'm currently running Frost with Soma, Atomos and Orthos Prime and I've got a pretty good hold on T3 but the T4 is usually a fail.
I'm MR9, I have Mag, Rhino, Gara, Oberon and Limbo. I'm thinking of switching to Rhino as my 'main', as I've become overly reliant on snow globe and I don't think that's doing me any favours

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Hattie Masters posted:

Completely irrelevant to the current discussion but the MR9 test is one loving aggravating piece of bullshit.

you're allowed to use throwable melee weapons (like the kestrel) in it

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Moreau posted:

In terms of Cetus bounties what's a good starting setup for T4 Solo? I'm currently running Frost with Soma, Atomos and Orthos Prime and I've got a pretty good hold on T3 but the T4 is usually a fail.
I'm MR9, I have Mag, Rhino, Gara, Oberon and Limbo. I'm thinking of switching to Rhino as my 'main', as I've become overly reliant on snow globe and I don't think that's doing me any favours

You can do it with anything, the problem isn't your loadout. The bigger question is how you're modding them and whether you've upgraded your mods enough.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Moreau posted:

i just hit MR10, and i'm running inaros with a corinth and T5 bounties are pretty easy solo.

though you will probably want to farm up a medi-ray from kela de thaym and throw it on a moa if you go that route

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

mormonpartyboat posted:

you're allowed to use throwable melee weapons (like the kestrel) in it

Yeah, that's what I've just built and failed again. Once when I was caught by someone on the other side of a solid pillar to me. God I can't wait to get past it

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Hattie Masters posted:

Yeah, that's what I've just built and failed again. Once when I was caught by someone on the other side of a solid pillar to me. God I can't wait to get past it

Build Banshee and bring your favorite gun. Her passive makes all firearms silent.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

And Tyler Too! posted:

Build Banshee and bring your favorite gun. Her passive makes all firearms silent.

favorite gunblade you mean? also Glaives are silent too

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I mean, you got it out of the way at least. Mistake or not, anything else is a nifty bonus!

Watch a video for rough route to practice once or twice. Also as a fallback i think the usual banshee/redeemer cheese might still work?

yeah banshee + gunblade (with reach and a stance that makes you shoot) and lots of enemy radar makes stealth challenges trivial

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Enemy sense will also show you the enemy's sight lines (or at least points towards where they're looking) which can make it easier to stay in their blind spots.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I'm reasonably confident the expected value on unveiling rivens is negative. Like it's cool when you sell one fit like 500, but that involves getting 10-20 that are effectively 0, but veiled rivens move decently.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

The gambling part of my brain refuses to let me sell veiled rivens.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Tulip posted:

I'm reasonably confident the expected value on unveiling rivens is negative. Like it's cool when you sell one fit like 500, but that involves getting 10-20 that are effectively 0, but veiled rivens move decently.

Recently I had to unlock a riven with that "defense without the objective taking even a single hit" condition. It was a goddamn Kraken riven. I died inside.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Tulip posted:

That's another thing, a veiled rifle or shotgun riven will sell for 40-50 fairly reliably.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

njsykora posted:

That's another thing, a veiled rifle or shotgun riven will sell for 40-50 fairly reliably.

more like 65-70 for rifle rivens, if you're selling them for less you're getting ripped off

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Obligatum VII posted:

Recently I had to unlock a riven with that "defense without the objective taking even a single hit" condition. It was a goddamn Kraken riven. I died inside.

this unlock is extremely easy with khora on the defense on eris. you just press 4 for 5 waves and occasionally whip an ancient that doesnt just die to the dome immediately.

Moreau posted:

I'm thinking of switching to Rhino as my 'main', as I've become overly reliant on snow globe and I don't think that's doing me any favours
in the "teaching me bad habits" category i think iron skin is much worse than snow globe. thats not saying rhino is bad or anything but you dont have to learn positioning or movement when you just ignore damage.

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 2, 2019

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Obligatum VII posted:

Gara can breeze that, no problem.

Also, I now own two Strun Rivens... why DE, why would you code that as a thing that can happen...

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

strun rivens are good. id trade you my extra astilla for one

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Pretty bunk that my 500% damage spectra riven is still worthless because spectra vandal is garbage too lmao

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I really like my crit build Spectra Vandal with a 300-something-% damage / 180% cold riven, but I'm also a degenerate pervert that liked the Spectra already before the Vandal version

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Awesome! posted:

strun rivens are good. id trade you my extra astilla for one

I'm on PS4

I also have a spectra Riven. Also, Glaxion, Plinx, Zyloc (how the hell am I going to get that again?)

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Hattie Masters posted:

Completely irrelevant to the current discussion but the MR9 test is one loving aggravating piece of bullshit.

The mastery tests are kind of all over the place. Some are really annoying and some are dirt easy, and they're just kind of randomly distributed, at least as far as I've gotten. I was expecting MR15 solo interception to be a mess, and then it just spawned like seven low-level enemies across the entire test.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

I Am Just a Box posted:

The mastery tests are kind of all over the place. Some are really annoying and some are dirt easy, and they're just kind of randomly distributed, at least as far as I've gotten. I was expecting MR15 solo interception to be a mess, and then it just spawned like seven low-level enemies across the entire test.

"Are you ready for your hardest challenge yet, Tenno?"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i thought the aw race test was difficult, but that's only because i didn't know you could boost.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

my least favorite one so far is the one where you have to stay in moving capture zones while enemies spawn around you, and the capture zones are all moving faster than sprint speed lol

I just did the test to get rank 24 and it looked like it was going to be an even bigger pain in the rear end than it was. It stars just your starbaby and the basic version of your hand blast, and you have to drain the HP of this weird orb thing while enemies try and kill you. After you fail the first time though it respawns you with your amp so you can just three shot the orb after that lol

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jun 2, 2019

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
They must have changed that, because I had to do it the hard way with the old mechanics when I got MR24.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It was that way on the first round, for me. It seems pretty unintended, but it was a welcome bug.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Even with the baby blast it's not a difficult test, you just run circles around the thing from energy refill to energy refill taking the occasional pot shot at it to stop it regenerating.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I Am Just a Box posted:

thats the only one Ive failed, I thought it would be easy but I brought a ignis+some garbage sidearm and the arena was too big to shoot at the other points with the ignis while capping

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The hardest test, IMO, is the one where you have to kill a set of enemies while the time runs out and you can gain some extra time by hitting spheres with your melee. Even after getting the hang of it - always prioritize the spheres - it was still a close victory.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

oh poo poo the kamorex is huge

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Flavahbeast posted:

thats the only one Ive failed, I thought it would be easy but I brought a ignis+some garbage sidearm and the arena was too big to shoot at the other points with the ignis while capping

I literally just cleared a point out at close range, sat on it until it was capped, and then ran to the next clockwise and repeated, over and over. I only had to recapture a point once, and by the end I was just bullet jumping between the three points because no enemies were left to fight. Maybe they screwed up the rate of enemy spawns when they focused an update elsewhere, who knows :shrug:

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Samuringa posted:

The hardest test, IMO, is the one where you have to kill a set of enemies while the time runs out and you can gain some extra time by hitting spheres with your melee. Even after getting the hang of it - always prioritize the spheres - it was still a close victory.

Khora makes those much easier. Just let Venari slit throats while you pop orbs. Ember's World of Fire works too.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Soothing Vapors posted:

The one thing Banshee is still good for is cheesing MR9 and 19, you can stand on the starting platform and snipe enemies from across the map with the redeemer. Banshee's passive means they never hear the shots.

I o e

The Skeleton King fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jun 4, 2019

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
opticor vandal might technically be better, but you sometimes have to shoot the same enemy more than once. it's blasphemy.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Just maxed out Vox Solaris. Are any of the arcanes valuable enough to be a good source of plat?

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I've spent so much drat time getting Riven juice this weekend. I've finally got my Ferrox riven in a place where it does that awesome gas combo from earlier in the thread, but I've got Phantasma and Velocitus rivens that are hot garbage and at the 3500 mark already. The velocitus has been particularly aggravating as it NEVER rolls +crit chance, but I only ever wanted to use it for Eidolon hunting and I've got a decent Lanka anyway.

How is the gaze these days? Does the beam-splitting thing work decently? I saw some 5x3 Eidolon hunt video where the guy was using the Gaze to pop joints and seems like it worked pretty well.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jun 3, 2019

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Bloody Emissary posted:

Just maxed out Vox Solaris. Are any of the arcanes valuable enough to be a good source of plat?

Magus Repair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

What is the website that calculates riven value?