Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
I have a mostly 4 skill Hetzer/Skorpion G/E25/Dicker Max crew. It would be nice if the germans had a good top tier TD to grind for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Well, they did.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Looks like everyone has the same idea for slapping low-tier TD's today, which means it won't work at all. I just played the Wolverine after this instead and got all seven the six remaining required hits in one battle. :thunk:

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I’ve been away from the game for a long time. Have they removed arty and premium ammo yet?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I’ve been away from the game for a long time. Have they removed arty and premium ammo yet?

Nope.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
The Version 4 is making me do genuinely dumb poo poo repeatedly. And it's not even for a lack of situational awareness, or wisdom of what to do next like back in my early days.

There are countless occasions where the smart thing would be being less aggressive and hanging back a little bit before pushing in, but I just steam full-spead ahead over every ridge and around every corner screaming "WITNESS MEEEEEE!!".
My configuration of crew skills including controlled impact probably doesn't help either.

Should probably drop my "legacy" camo skills on a loader for safe stowage. With two loaders, you only needed it on one, right?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I mean if you're gonna play that tank you better play it like an unstoppable rammer with an optional gun.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

I always hated arty and I swore that I was never going to play one. But then I burned out on the game and decided I would enjoy causing misery to as many people as possible.

MuahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAUGHHAUGHHAUGH

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

moolchaba posted:

I always hated arty and I swore that I was never going to play one. But then I burned out on the game and decided I would enjoy causing misery to as many people as possible.

I mean yeah, going to the dark side is undeniably fun sometimes, but compared to a meta where you could use the whole map it’s a bad trade off.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

I mean yeah, going to the dark side is undeniably fun sometimes, but compared to a meta where you could use the whole map it’s a bad trade off.

e:haaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaahaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaa

moolchaba fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jun 2, 2019

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Man, I suck at this game now.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Mesadoram posted:

Man, I suck at this game now.

S'up, used to be good but now pretty much a coinflipper buddy. :unsmith:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BIG HEADLINE posted:

S'up, used to be good but now pretty much a coinflipper buddy. :unsmith:

Maybe it is my rose tinted glasses, but I feel like all of my games I am either the big dick unicum carrying or I get rear end-blasted 10 seconds in by bullshit.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Got my hands on the reward tank!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Mesadoram posted:

Maybe it is my rose tinted glasses, but I feel like all of my games I am either the big dick unicum carrying or I get rear end-blasted 10 seconds in by bullshit.

Yeah, same. I think part of it was that ~back when I was good~ I didn't have to worry about the environment killing me by flipping my tank on a hill while focusing on a target. I only had to worry about my own team being lovely and the enemy team being barely competent.

Of course, this was all before #snapshotmeta, too.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, same. I think part of it was that ~back when I was good~ I didn't have to worry about the environment killing me by flipping my tank on a hill while focusing on a target. I only had to worry about my own team being lovely and the enemy team being barely competent.

One of the first games I played when I picked this back up a couple of weeks ago was playing some low tier light tank. I flipped it on its side trying to run over a parked car going up the hill on the north end of himmelsdorf. I've been up that hill hundreds and hundreds of times and that never happened before.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also before gold ammo was available to everyone...

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

i used to be pretty decent but if i ever reinstall now i just play <5 games and realize how much fun i'm not having

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

It was a lot easier to clown scrubs before they could use Code 22 to kill you.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Katamari Democracy posted:

T7 Combat Car is live and on sale tied with 30 days of premium: Here

Gonna take it for a spin and see how well my knowledge of higher tiers play out.

Hell yeah :rock:

How does the T7 compare to the PzIc?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

How does the T7 compare to the PzIc?

It doesn't reliably pen many tier 2s in the side.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I am cursed. 9 games tonight, lost 8. All games except 2 were loving amazing. I honestly want to just uninstall, the pubbies are so loving bad tonight.

Take this as evidence A:

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

I am cursed. 9 games tonight, lost 8. All games except 2 were loving amazing. I honestly want to just uninstall, the pubbies are so loving bad tonight.

Take this as evidence A:

How the gently caress does a Foch B only do 62 damage? HE or was he trying to ram someone?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

When gold ammo was available for credits, the issue still wasn't there like it is now. Either just general economic inflation or a change in how credits are earned is what makes using gold shells at the drop of a hat so easy. I dunno if wargaming actually changed that, or if the fact they keep giving out credit boosters is what allows it to happen. But either way, it is there more than ever. On the other hand, I also feel like armor isn't as effective as it used to be. Even with gold shells, a maus angled could still bounce them. Where it can just eat a face of gently caress you in the same situation now.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

don't forget the 50% sales premium shells used to get. used to be that you could pay 1k silver for a 200 pen AP shell for the T-54, or 2k for a 350 pen one. now that was a good deal

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Yeah, I still have something insane like 3900 APCR shells for the PzB2.

EDIT: 4314 shells, including the 112 I have loaded in the tank.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jun 3, 2019

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I don't think they ever figured out how to make autocannon shells not stupidly expensive. A few bursts of premium from a Pz1C costs more then the tank does.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

JuffoWup posted:

On the other hand, I also feel like armor isn't as effective as it used to be.

It's this. Tanks are good at bouncing regular shells from their tiermates now, and have effectively zero armor against most gold shells.

Mesadoram posted:

it is a sign

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Medium tanks will be getting 2 perks in frontline lol. Good change for heavies though.

Medium tanks should honestly get -1 perks in FL.

Race car nerfs though are bad.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Have they really not announced the Frontline window for June?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Also, I do love how there are people busting their asses for the ~uber sekret~ Frontlines T9 premium when the Black Market just revealed that anyone willing to test their Jeopardy clicking speed will likely be able to get in seconds what took others weeks/months of grueling gameplay.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Rexxed posted:

One of the first games I played when I picked this back up a couple of weeks ago was playing some low tier light tank. I flipped it on its side trying to run over a parked car going up the hill on the north end of himmelsdorf. I've been up that hill hundreds and hundreds of times and that never happened before.

I've been driving my tier 6 car around, and because they're so wild they're designed not to roll over when driving fast, except last time I played on two occasions I took a modest jump straight over a hill and then immediately rolled 90 degrees midair and instantly exploded when I landed on my side. :saddowns:

CitizenKain posted:

I don't think they ever figured out how to make autocannon shells not stupidly expensive. A few bursts of premium from a Pz1C costs more then the tank does.

They unlinked shells from gold completely not that long ago, which should've immediately let them manually change the prices of everything instead of making the lowest shell cost 400 credits (=1 gold), but nope, Wargaming hasn't touched gold ammo prices yet! Supposedly that'll come when they rebalance gold shells, but we're already in super secret version 2 of that plan coming up on the supertest, so who knows.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also, I do love how there are people busting their asses for the ~uber sekret~ Frontlines T9 premium when the Black Market just revealed that anyone willing to test their Jeopardy clicking speed will likely be able to get in seconds what took others weeks/months of grueling gameplay.

Well kind of, but they either have to grind for quite a while to accumulate the tens of millions of credits that the tank would be sold for, and/or spend $100+ for gold/credits. There's still some value to grinding out the tank when you'd be playing the game normally (so if you're one of the people who played FL for both the rewards and the boosted credit earnings if not XP, then you'd still be pretty content.)

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

it is a sign

Yup.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMzL77s7afU

Skill has identified an issue where people are having lag spikes when trying to fire at him. Its reproducible in the training room too.

Wargaming have even admitted its an issue and are 'investigating'

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

It'd be loving hysterical if WG is juicing streamer accounts to make them able to play better and skill just inadvertently outed them.

The real test would be QB testing with his main and PlaysForFree account, but there's no way he'd ever bite the hand that feeds him - he only gets critical of WG after it's clear everyone else is.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

holy poo poo wargaming

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
There is no way that wargaming is competent enough to code something like that

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Wargaming isn't going to admit to juicing streamer accounts and will silently sweep this under the rug.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Barry posted:

There is no way that wargaming is competent enough to code something like that

thats kinda what I was thinking. they can't even code the map blacklist to exclude encounter and assault versions of the map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Gone Fashing posted:

thats kinda what I was thinking. they can't even code the map blacklist to exclude encounter and assault versions of the map

Its almost certainly an unintentional side effect but whats interesting is its just the enemy team not his own team mates. This is weird because I was thinking it could be something to do with the screen recording software causing issues but that would effect everyone.

He had 10 guys and 80% of them had lag of varying levels. Circon would be the next person to check with but hes away for a week or so.