Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
If that was sweep I'm going sweep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

now even pure elemental damage will trigger the chieftain ascendancy

How do resistances interact with more/less multipliers? Let's say you have -60% base and +135% from passives/gear for exactly 75%. Will this keystone mean you have 37% (half of 75%), or 7% (-60% plus half of 135%)?

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Fister Roboto posted:

How do resistances interact with more/less multipliers? Let's say you have -60% base and +135% from passives/gear for exactly 75%. Will this keystone mean you have 37% (half of 75%), or 7% (-60% plus half of 135%)?

I'm guessing 7%. Otherwise having -60% would go to -30% and that doesn't seem right?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Just realized the reason Ive been writing off disintegrator was because the low attack speed made it bad for CoC builds

except Im making a CWC build and now I feel like an idiot

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1135343076384186368

tolaziforname
Nov 30, 2008
Kind of underwhelming as one of the back-end reveals: heal over time instead of instant heal for banner placements as well as larger bank of charges. Also a heal when you trigger Adrenaline. Apparently I can't read, see below.

e:f,b

tolaziforname fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 3, 2019

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
Uh what? Every single attack damage modifier on champion used to be a melee modifer. That's a significant change.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I'm not sure why they ringed the nodes they did - there are small changes on some other nodes. Most notably, Unstoppable Hero and similar minor nodes went from melee damage to attack damage (most useful for melee attacks which create projectiles, like Frost Blades or Molten Strike, although a numerical nerf in minor nodes), and Master of Metal went from 4-8 to 6-12 additional physical damage per impale.

tolaziforname
Nov 30, 2008
Oh good, I'm glad. I just used the pink borders and called it a day.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
The changes should make champion work better with the steel skills too. On the other hand, the 25% life gain on triggering adrenaline means you can't use panicked life flasks with it anymore.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i'm thinking about flickzerker now

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Everyone thinking about flicker strike needs to take a moment to remind themselves about Delve

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

What would be the ascendancy order for Chieftain Facebreaker Grandpa Totems?
Tukohama -> Arohongui -> Ngamahu -> Hinekora?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Woo, just hit 70 in hc and got some achievements!

Only 20 more levels to go. Right.

So the weird thing is, I already had the eternal lab on HC done, despite not having the prior ones done, I vaguely vaguely recall some bug giving people the credit but can't remember details.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Arrhythmia posted:

Everyone thinking about flicker strike needs to take a moment to remind themselves about Delve

sulphite is account-based now so I'll just stockpile it or something

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Arrhythmia posted:

My current plan is to swap flicker/splash for consecrated path/FA.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Did you guys watch the baelast and hear about their failed Zana marketplace to sell maps in game?

Chris Wilson even talked about how people were owning their servers by pulling item data for forum posts and then when they sold/added item selling in premium tabs they pretty much put themselves in a corner with anything regarding trading.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Captain Foo posted:

sulphite is account-based now so I'll just stockpile it or something

I thought they said they're putting off changes to the other 3.x league mechanics until 3.8? Or is it confirmed somewhere that they're sneaking that one in?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I think you are correct.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2510241

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

please knock Mom! posted:

If that was sweep I'm going sweep
https://i.imgur.com/ORxaATQ.webm

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Did you guys watch the baelast and hear about their failed Zana marketplace to sell maps in game?

Chris Wilson even talked about how people were owning their servers by pulling item data for forum posts and then when they sold/added item selling in premium tabs they pretty much put themselves in a corner with anything regarding trading.

I liked the various names they had for it

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Right up my veins yeah boy

Sweep marauder was my first build in 2012 or whatever

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Rewards are out. I do not like the wings at all, but I never get that far anyway. I can never seem to motivate myself to do the challenges.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2512191

tolaziforname
Nov 30, 2008
I like their responsiveness, instead of being glued to your back. Remains to be seen in-game

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
lol that helmet is great

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Gonna go for 36/40 again. Wings look ok, I like the bungie effect of the synthesis wings. Aura looks good.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Lmao at the helmet just being "you head a crystal".

Welp, I'll probably regret this but I wanna slam home that 36/40.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

tolaziforname posted:

I like their responsiveness, instead of being glued to your back. Remains to be seen in-game

the Synthesis wings are the same way. People complain about the floatiness but I think it works ok :shobon:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

pork never goes bad posted:

Rewards are out. I do not like the wings at all, but I never get that far anyway. I can never seem to motivate myself to do the challenges.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2512191

is the helmet just supposed to be your head replaced with a glowing crystal

efb I guess

Kalsco posted:

Lmao at the helmet just being "you head a crystal".

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

JerryLee posted:

is the helmet just supposed to be your head replaced with a glowing crystal

efb I guess

There's a ring of purple crystals circling your head, though it's a bit hard to see in the lighting they chose.

My Shark Waifuu
Dec 9, 2012

The aura looks a little silly when moving, but otherwise cool. The helmet and wings are meh, but I'm going for 36 anyway.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
The wings remind me of the Delve wings which just look like garbage in game, so it'll be nice not to feel like I have to push for 36 again.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

There's a ring of purple crystals circling your head, though it's a bit hard to see in the lighting they chose.

In addition to the crystal that is now your head, yeah.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Papercut posted:

Delve wings

:confused:

e:Oh, right, DELVE wings

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

if there's room in the guild can i get an invite as "syntheticvan"

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I only want the wings if the orb things shoot purple lasers when you use a projectile skill

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
Alright maybe chaos dot again this go around. Gotta coordinate your spell effects and mtx's in Path of Fashion

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
Ok screw Chieftain TecSlam, definitely Cyclone Slaying some dudes to start now.

Might do a bowzerker at some stage too. Though it'll probably make my PC explode

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I keep misremembering what items do and its driving me nuts because Ive learned this crap multiple times in the past. path of exile!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

As cool as all this melee stuff is I'm kinda bummed that Raider isn't going to get any kind of rework. I also hope the other side of melee skills (Lightning Strike, Wild Strike, Frost Blades) is going to get some love.