Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Saagonsa posted:

If you open a bag of chips with enough force that they spill you need to chill the gently caress out. The bag isn't nearly strong enough to require anything more than a gentle motion to open.

Some bags are meant to be opened by blade but you don't find out until it's too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

technical writing should be taught in high school communications classes, not public speaking

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I've never been in a public speaking class that's had any technical writing.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

ok

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Tubgoat posted:

Some bags are meant to be opened by blade but you don't find out until it's too late.

While you studied the bag I studied the blade

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Respecting Ben Shapiro should be a capital offense.

I say this as a short af jewish dude. (Taller than Ben)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Pile Driving Ben Shapiro should be a Nobel Peace Prize.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The only thing that bugs me more than what shapiro actually says is how many people think he's a good debater. Talking over your opponent louder/faster and with the smugness cranked to 11 is not debating. It's being an rear end in a top hat. Respectable people turn down his offers for debate not because they think they'll be "DESTROYED" but because they have more important things to do than be shouted at by this guy and then be accused of anti-semitism when you call him out for being a dick.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That's why it was really satisfying to see this far-right BBC fuckstick own the poo poo out of Shapiro by doing little more than treat him like an adult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRF3r3zUGqk

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The first Ben Shapiro thing I ever saw was in some roundtable where he refused to call a trans person a woman because it offends him or something. He's a child bitch.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

mind the walrus posted:

That's why it was really satisfying to see this far-right BBC fuckstick own the poo poo out of Shapiro by doing little more than treat him like an adult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRF3r3zUGqk

One of those rare times where an ancient, conservative british man has done the world an objective good. Like poo poo, compare their clothes and Ben already looks like a fuckwit.

Mu Zeta posted:

The first Ben Shapiro thing I ever saw was in some roundtable where he refused to call a trans person a woman because it offends him or something. He's a child bitch.

Is it the one where she touches his shoulder and he starts crying about how he’s calling his lawyer for this “assault”?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If you hate that little rodent, there's an episode of Chapo Trap House where they just make fun of him and riff his terrible book for an hour straight. It's hilarious and very cathartic to listen to. I think that was the origin of "Ben Shapiro only debates 19 year olds with blue hair who are already crying".

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Is it the one where she touches his shoulder and he starts crying about how he’s calling his lawyer for this “assault”?

It was a little more threatening than that, but yeah he did have a big tantrum over it. He's like the guy who keeps goading their older sibling in to punching them and crying to their parents when they actually hit them. Don't intentionally rile people up if you aren't willing to deal with the consequences.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Monopoly is a fine and quick game if everyone sticks to the rules-as-written and you don't try to houserule the poo poo out of it.

None of this 'money goes in free parking' bullshit, and make sure you actually auction properties off if no one wants them.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Monopoly's only redeeming value is that it makes your wannabe chud/liberal friends out themselves as people who need to live at the bottom of the Mariana Trench.

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

One of those rare times where an ancient, conservative british man has done the world an objective good. Like poo poo, compare their clothes and Ben already looks like a fuckwit.

Fashion is circular. Apparently politics are too and drat if we aren't doomed to repeat both. Worrying about Russian nukes and what other people do with their reproductive organs is new again!

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Littering should be treated as a very serious misdemeanor with some kind of community service cleanup crew duty as the punishment.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Shibawanko posted:

Littering should be treated as a very serious misdemeanor with some kind of community service cleanup crew duty as the punishment.

Yes.

Also texting while driving should have similar consequences and social stigma as a DUI.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Skratchez posted:

Fashion is circular. Apparently politics are too and drat if we aren't doomed to repeat both. Worrying about Russian nukes and what other people do with their reproductive organs is new again!

An important part of fashion is knowing what works for you imo. There are dudes that have always looked good like that.

There are dudes who never will, and know it, so wear different clothes.

Lil' Ben is neither. He also doesn't have facial expressions besides "sneer" and "scowl" so in his credit, he probably doesn't look good in anything.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

Yes.

Also texting while driving should have similar consequences and social stigma as a DUI.

I mean, theoretically speaking, if you're the kind of piece of poo poo that just throws an empty chips bag or beer can on the ground without giving a gently caress you actually deserve the electric chair but since that's not really practicable just make them clean the park for a million hours.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

All we need to do is tie the purchase of anything to your identity. I mean, why not? A lot of people want to do away with cash, so it would make it convenient that we wouldn't even have to change much to make this possible. Just keep paying with your card, and if any of your trash gets found, you get punished.

The only potential hickup is a trash bag breaking in transit, but we could fix that by putting all the information on tags on the trash bag that have to be scanned every time they are picked up, so the ownership transfers to the garbage collectors as soon as they touch it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The only thing that bugs me more than what shapiro actually says is how many people think he's a good debater. Talking over your opponent louder/faster and with the smugness cranked to 11 is not debating.

You are correct, but this is how everyone debates now (or possibly how everyone has always debated). It's not about being true to your own values or hearing out what your opposition has to say, its about shutting them out before they can think of an argument so that they look like a fool. This is why debates as a whole are useless in this day and age, its all about looking good rather than trying to actually argue anything, and for some reason this also translates to online debates like twitter or these forums, except replace "shutting the opponent out before they can respond" with "getting as many people as you can to start yammering at the guy because he can't respond to everyone at once

All we need to do is tie the purchase of anything to your identity. I mean, why not? A lot of people want to do away with cash, so it would make it convenient that we wouldn't even have to change much to make this possible. Just keep paying with your card, and if any of your trash gets found, you get punished.

The only potential hickup is a trash bag breaking in transit, but we could fix that by putting all the information on tags on the trash bag that have to be scanned every time they are picked up, so the ownership transfers to the garbage collectors as soon as they touch it.

why would this be a good thing

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

The bookkeeping would be nightmarish. We'd need at least three of the facilities beneath the Nevada desert (used to track us) to track it all.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

spit on my clit posted:

why would this be a good thing

It would make the enforcement of law so much easier. Don't focus on the various ways such a technology could be abused, just focus on how bad litterers are and how much you want to see them punished.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Tubgoat posted:

The bookkeeping would be nightmarish. We'd need at least three of the facilities beneath the Nevada desert (used to track us) to track it all.

just automate it. Install a chip inside every citizen that can be used to corporally punish you remotely, and have the chip do it whenever trash of yours is scanned outside of a approved trash zone. People would stop littering pretty fast after they randomly start getting tazed or whatever throughout the day.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

If we do away with cash how will I buy LSD?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Cheeseburgers

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
SJWs are beta cuck soyboys who all look like the same shape of fat neckbeard.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Vandar posted:

Monopoly is a fine and quick game if everyone sticks to the rules-as-written and you don't try to houserule the poo poo out of it.

House rules are so prevalent because the rules as written are bad. People don't feel the need to constantly try to fix other games like they do Monopoly, because other games aren't as bad as Monopoly. Yes, the house rules make the game worse, but that doesn't mean it wasn't bad to begin with.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Monopoly was written to be unfair bullshit that is why it is named that

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Monopoly was written to be unfair bullshit that is why it is named that

It was originally called The Landlord's Game, and came with an alternate set of rules where if one player did well, all the players prospered. It was meant to show capitalism as terrible and predatory, and promote an alternate economic scheme called Georgism, which was popular in turn of the century America.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Vandar posted:

None of this 'money goes in free parking' bullshit, and make sure you actually auction properties off if no one wants them.

It's still a poo poo game because there are gently caress-all interesting decisions to make and everything relies on a roll of the dice.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's still a poo poo game because there are gently caress-all interesting decisions to make and everything relies on a roll of the dice.

You can pick which piece you are. A cat? A ship? A top hat? You will be hosed but you get a meaningless choice

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Monopoly is not so much a game as a social occasion and it's mostly about anticipation and just the fun in seeing someone get wrecked by a hotel. The original rules are overcomplicated and there's a reason nobody ever used them.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
they should put the monopoly man in smash brothers

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Gripweed posted:

It was originally called The Landlord's Game, and came with an alternate set of rules where if one player did well, all the players prospered. It was meant to show capitalism as terrible and predatory, and promote an alternate economic scheme called Georgism, which was popular in turn of the century America.

I have also listened to The Dollop recently.

We should rob Loomis.

For anyone who isn't familiar, The Dollop is a bi-weekly podcast about American history, and one of the recent episodes is about The Landlord's Game. It's a good listen if you're at all interested in the topic, and/or just want to be smug about Monopoly to people.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

beats for junkies posted:

or just want to be smug about Monopoly to people.
Already am. :radcat:

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Games are boring and ruin parties. All of them, every last one. Games are lame and suck the fun out of everything they touch.

This goes double for Cards Against Humanity.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

fizzymercy posted:

Games are boring and ruin parties. All of them, every last one. Games are lame and suck the fun out of everything they touch.

Either you've never played any good games or your friends are terrible.

One or two people trying to force games on a group that aren't interested ruins parties. But if everyone's on board then games are fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Just everyone sit and watch football then.