Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

DariusLikewise posted:

ndp: we are going to do marginally more to address climate change than the liberals

liberals:
https://twitter.com/cathmckenna/status/1134514699536687105?s=21

lol hurt workers? are you loving serious catherine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
We're all going to loving die.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

We're all going to loving die.

and how!

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

:discourse:

I love David Eby.

Amicus curiae
May 31, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

autism ZX spectrum posted:

I'm super glad the Libs and NDP are slinging poo poo at one another like monkeys at the zoo while the cons actually make an effort to appeal to the masses. Can't wait till I'm in a breadline wearing a respirator to protect from the perpetual fires and sipping river water after our 100 year old aqueduct finally collapses, at least I'll know the libs showed those idiots in the NDP who had a better do-nothing climate policy.

Andrew Scheer seems likable. NDP needs to try harder. Those super rich need to be issued their bills, already

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
What on earth are you talking about?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Andrew Scheer, your suburban dad.

Wow, I could really see myself having a beer with this beet faced balloon animal filled with ground beef. He pals around with white supremacists and xenophobes, just like me!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Gosh, I hope the Conservatives do something about these "super rich", which is definitely not a stand in for "globalists"

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

The Venn diagram of people who look like Andrew Sheer and entitled suburban boomer rear end in a top hat dads who yelled at me when I worked customer service is just a circle.

Awful CompSloth
Dec 15, 2018
I just had a thought, I feel like the CBC could in fact be pushing stuff about Doug Ford possibly hurting CPC's numbers in the election. The people in charge there are probably worried about The Conservatives winning. I can guarantee that if Andrew Scheer has a good few 5 years or more in power, he's gonna turn the CBC into a right wing news channel. Like a more polite version of fox news, it'll be received by upper middle class capitalists and lower middle class proles, and the Conservative party could strengthen itself and the Liberal and NDP parties could take several elections until they have a good leader and can finally compete again, after the probable Red and Orange have a chance of taking huge losses in the 2019 and 2023 elections at least.

Awful CompSloth
Dec 15, 2018

Awful CompSloth posted:

I just had a thought, I feel like the CBC could in fact be pushing stuff about Doug Ford possibly hurting CPC's numbers in the election. The people in charge there are probably worried about The Conservatives winning. I can guarantee that if Andrew Scheer has a good few 5 years or more in power, he's gonna turn the CBC into a right wing news channel. Like a more polite version of fox news, it'll be received by upper middle class capitalists and lower middle class proles, and the Conservative party could strengthen itself and the Liberal and NDP parties could take several elections until they have a good leader and can finally compete again, after the probable Red and Orange have a chance of taking huge losses in the 2019 and 2023 elections at least.

Oops, wrong forum. Take it anyway.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Awful CompSloth posted:

Lol dude its not going to just be CBC. All our newspapers are so subsidized by the fed now that i think theyre all mouthpieces of whoever is in power

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Another Bill posted:

Lol dude its not going to just be CBC. All our newspapers are so subsidized by the fed now that i think theyre all mouthpieces of whoever is in power

god i wish. if the newspapers were all Liberal propaganda then the national post wouldnt exist

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:black101:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 01:07 on Jun 16, 2021

Awful CompSloth
Dec 15, 2018
Why does Eric Grenier look so Canadian

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Awful CompSloth posted:

oh noooo, what happened to Hbomberguy!?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Virtual Russian posted:

oh noooo, what happened to Hbomberguy!?

Ehbomberguy

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Awful CompSloth posted:

hes slowly turning into rex murphy

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Awful CompSloth posted:

He should start doing seat projections onto his forehead

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Awful CompSloth posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with you

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Another Bill posted:

newspapers literally havent gotten a cent from the feds yet(except a few non-profits that no one here ever reads) and if scheer wins the newspaper council and tax credits are gone

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:cenobite:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 01:10 on Jun 16, 2021

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:cb:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 01:10 on Jun 16, 2021

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Yeah, they'll just defund CBC and make it incapable of providing news rather than "reprogram" it,

just like they're defunding healthcare to make it incapable of providing actual care so that private enterprise can "fill in the gaps where the public health system is failing us" :psypop:

love the insidious poo poo creating a two tier health system

andrew scheer is on record as saying he wants to axe the entire cbc news division

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Not saying PMJT wrote that, but whoever did isn't wrong.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

pmjt would be actually good if he said things like that

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Good thing they're totally gonna for real crackdown on social media giants relationship with far right propaganda

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I just want to point out that anyone using the word "replace" when talking about immigration is a straight up white supremacist. That is 1488 level nazi talk. It should be called out everytime.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

capitalizing "white" is probably an indicator too

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Trudeau is most like Obama in that the hypothetical Trudeau created by right-wing shitheads whips rear end whereas the real Trudeau (more than) kinda sucks.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
"Don't you get it? Justin Trudeau is immigrating people from Syria to replace trite Pierre Berton nationalism with weed communism."

Hell yeah, my dude. Sign me right up.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Why is JT even trying to court the right? They'll always see him as some communist no matter how many pipelines he tries to force though. Amazing to see him alienate literally every supporter he had in 2015 in a fool's quest to court guys with twitter handles like PrairieProud1488.

I mean, rhetorical, Libs gonna lib.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Scheer, on the other hand, knows he risks nothing by putting literal evangelism where a campaign should go

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
He could save his entire time in office with a single progressive left wing policy. JUST ONE we'd talk about it for years I swear all you have to do is one loving thing left-leaning and untainted by neolib bullshit.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

autism ZX spectrum posted:

He could save his entire time in office with a single progressive left wing policy. JUST ONE we'd talk about it for years I swear all you have to do is one loving thing left-leaning and untainted by neolib bullshit.

Does reversing the Harper cons' cuts to abortions for overseas women and canceling out Trump's anti-abortion policy in one go count?

https://womendeliver.org/press/justin-trudeau-marks-international-womens-day-650m-reproductive-rights/

quote:

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau marked International Women's Day by promising $650 million for reproductive health and rights around the world.

The money, which will be invested over a three-year period, will support projects that provide sex education, strengthen reproductive health services, and support family planning and contraceptives. It will also fund programs to prevent and respond to sexual and gender-based violence, including forced marriage and female genital mutilation, and supporting the right of women to get safe and legal abortions.

Canada's announcement comes in the wake of an executive order by U.S. President Donald Trump to block funding to organizations that support abortion services. That decision is estimated to leave a $600-million gap for international groups.

Plus, it even gave Rona Ambrose a chance to confirm that both she and the PCs are regressive shitheads who are a-okay with supporting foreign regimes' anti-choice policies

quote:

Interim Conservative Leader Rona Ambrose said the government should target funds for programs that are supported by the recipient aid agencies and countries instead of delivering dollars to abortion which is illegal in a majority of the countries.

She said the Conservative maternal and newborn health initiative was "wildly supported" around the world.

"We think it's important to continue to fund the kinds of aid packages and aid that actually gets to these countries, to help the women, and some of the funding that the Liberals are talking about may never get to these countries because abortion is illegal in these countries," she said.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Virtual Russian posted:

Why is JT even trying to court the right? They'll always see him as some communist no matter how many pipelines he tries to force though. Amazing to see him alienate literally every supporter he had in 2015 in a fool's quest to court guys with twitter handles like PrairieProud1488.

I mean, rhetorical, Libs gonna lib.

Liberals have advanced brain worms. See also: Joe Biden

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Progressive foreign policies seem like low hanging political fruit. There's practically no consequence for a politician. I'd like to see some changes at home. Actual investment in mass transit or actually doing something about housing affordability.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

how about improving abortion access in rural areas or in new brunswick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

how about improving abortion access in rural areas or in new brunswick

improving new brunswick? thats a pretty big ask