Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

she posted an angry twitter message saying she was just there and had an issue and demanding that Jack in the Box headquarters get in touch with her IMMEDIATELY! i don't know if she ever said what she was pissed about. probably gave her the regular fries instead of the curly fries.

this is almost certainly the case, that or she ordered the Monster Taco and only got a regular one. (seriously, do not gently caress with someone's Jack-in-the-Box tacos. they put crack in those drat things.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

can't the brands just gently caress off and leave our things alone

loving vultures

wElcOmE tO thE mAInstrEAm

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kurtofan posted:

loving vultures

:capitalism:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Kurtofan posted:

loving vultures

it's okay we're safe here on Something Awful
(walks by TV where Wendy' from the restaurant "Wendys" says "frog dog" and I turn to dust)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

why would asexuals want drink budweiser the beer that only exists so lazy people can get laid

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

she posted an angry twitter message saying she was just there and had an issue and demanding that Jack in the Box headquarters get in touch with her IMMEDIATELY! i don't know if she ever said what she was pissed about. probably gave her the regular fries instead of the curly fries.

it's funny that just a few weeks after a wildly successful image campaign where she was in the spotlight for work a bunch of prison abolitionists have been doing for decades she reminded us all who she really is by yelling at The Help for giving her the wrong salt+fat bomb

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i remember an old hot take from a deranged music critic saying that she can tell somebody's views on race and gender relations by their views on Kim K and kanye west. remember when "Kanye West is good for social justice because he said something on that Hurricane Katrina telethon" was a thing that people believed?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

can’t wait for Budweiser to fly the incel flag

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Kanye Kardashian is just the prelude to the great divorce of our time.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Fallom posted:

can’t wait for Budweiser to fly the incel flag

these colors don't cum

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Ghost Leviathan posted:

oh god, the horrible takes and arguments that would come out of that...

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

word is that kanye is broke as gently caress and leeching off kim k

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

get that OUT of my face posted:

That would not be surprising. Don't nearly all rappers end up like that?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

idk why yall are talking about money and poo poo when you could talk about how kim, kanye, and their kids live in an absurd minimalist mansion with literally no color or anything

Lenny Nero
Apr 14, 2007

I'm the magic man...The Santa Claus of the subconscious

Big Mad Drongo posted:

these colors don't cum

lmao

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

an actual dog posted:

idk why yall are talking about money and poo poo when you could talk about how kim, kanye, and their kids live in an absurd minimalist mansion with literally no color or anything

This is actually simply explained by the fact that people like this don't actually really spend much if any time at all in their "home." They're out traveling or working 99.99% of the time - it's not like they're sitting around at home all day just on the floor with no furniture.

iirc most famous people's homes are similar insofar as they are barely used.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yeez pulled himself outta debt solely with his power of yelling and strong arming money out of sponsors

he is a hero of our age

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

This is actually simply explained by the fact that people like this don't actually really spend much if any time at all in their "home." They're out traveling or working 99.99% of the time - it's not like they're sitting around at home all day just on the floor with no furniture.

iirc most famous people's homes are similar insofar as they are barely used.

i guess when you're rich enough the entire world is your home

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

nah kanye is absurdly rich. those rumors were the result of people misinterpreting his business debt as personal debt.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

is pepsi ok posted:

nah kanye is absurdly rich. those rumors were the result of people misinterpreting his business debt as personal debt.

Well, maybe he'll get eaten by wolves or something.

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1134563477153079298

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Cum Town mindset

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

I don't see why this was posted here. Like what's wrong with this

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

gently caress you for showing me this

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i agree, people with down's syndrome can gently caress right the gently caress off.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
https://twitter.com/InstantSunrise/status/1135734878815772673?s=19

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

incredibly rage-inducing picture

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

i remember an old hot take from a deranged music critic saying that she can tell somebody's views on race and gender relations by their views on Kim K and kanye west. remember when "Kanye West is good for social justice because he said something on that Hurricane Katrina telethon" was a thing that people believed?

his old music was decently woke

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
i'm the 1 star rating

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That would not be surprising. Don't nearly all rappers end up like that?

Not really. Even Redman, who had that famous "MTV Cribs" episode, is a millionaire: https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/richest-rappers/redman-net-worth/ and Ludacris made a song about retirement funds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAd8p-OuQmc

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Alhazred posted:

Not really. Even Redman, who had that famous "MTV Cribs" episode, is a millionaire: https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/richest-rappers/redman-net-worth/ and Ludacris made a song about retirement funds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAd8p-OuQmc

redman's only worth 10 mil? what a world

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Terror Sweat posted:

his old music was decently woke

His first album is super good and a lot about being a PoC in America and getting looked down on

Grave Shift comes to mind instantly

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp45-dQvqPo

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

https://adage.com/article/opinion/o...ticle2-headline

quote:

It’s officially Pride Month. And this year, June 28 marks the 50th anniversary of the Greenwich Village Stonewall riots, which determinedly gave rise to the gay liberation movement and the first-ever Gay Pride marches in U.S. history that followed a year later. Sure, much progress has been made since then, and what were once Pride marches are now Pride parades. But the fight for LGBTQ+ equal rights is so very far from over. And this is where it gets complicated for brands looking to align their marketing efforts to Pride Month—is there a line where a brand’s support for the LGBTQ+ community crosses into pandering?

Last August, Hornet and Kantar published a study that revealed the LGBTQ+ market has expanded to a total buying power of more than $1 trillion. It’s the fastest-growing demographic in the U.S. right now, with an estimated 13% of Americans identifying as LGBTQ+. The explosive growth in this population is being driven by younger generations, with 20% of millennials and a staggering 31% of centennials comprising the community. And it just so happens that these are the generations that care the most about purpose-led brands and can easily sniff out those who are only in it to profit.

So what’s a brand to do? Here are four things to consider before you hit submit on your well-intentioned “Happy Pride” Tweet.

Put skin in the game
The fact that more and more brands are marketing rainbow-themed swag during pride month is, arguably, a show of support, right? Sure, you’re helping to spread a message of inclusion, but without any real skin in the game it can come across as a superficial attempt to jump on the pride bandwagon. Prominently showcasing a “love is love” t-shirt in your storefront or on your .com doesn’t, by itself, make your brand an ally. At a bare minimum, donate 100% of the proceeds from your pride products to an LGBTQ+ cause that helps to advance the community. For inspiration, look no further than the popular shaving brand Harry’s, which is donating all profits from its Shave With Pride kit to the Trevor Project. As Will Lanier, executive director of The OUT Foundation says, “It’s important for brands to connect their sales with a nonprofit, especially in the queer space, because a lot of the LGBTQ+ community sees the rainbow stuff as exploitation if it’s not going to a larger purpose.”

Have a point of view
Associating with Pride via generic messaging and flag icons says nothing about what your brand actually stands for in its support for the LGBTQ+ community. The thing about this cause is that it isn’t just a single issue. Instead, it’s comprised of a lot of interconnected causes, including youth suicide prevention, transgender rights, access to healthcare, HIV treatment for the poor, and conversion therapy, to name a few. So, what’s your brand’s specific point-of-view and how does it align to your corporate values? Leading into this year’s pride month, for example, Lyft launched its #TwoIsTooFew campaign to shine a light on non-binary, genderqueer and genderfluid identities. As part of this program, the company updated its app to include a range of pronouns to demonstrate inclusivity for all of its riders.

Walk your talk
There’s a big difference between posting words of support versus actually doing something to support. Donating money to LGBTQ+ partner causes only begins to move your brand out of “slacktivist” territory. Being an inclusive brand means demonstrating your inclusivity across your customer and employee experiences. This starts with hiring and championing LGBTQ+ talent in the workplace, supporting queer-owned businesses, boycotting institutions and countries that persecute LGBTQ+ people and having gender-neutral bathrooms in your stores and/or offices. Ultimately, consumers are asking themselves, “Does your brand truly mean what it’s saying?” A year ago, Starbucks began offering comprehensive healthcare for all transgender employees by covering historically elective procedures that are life-saving to trans and gender-nonconforming people. So as Starbucks celebrates pride this year, it’s doing it credibly with the LGBTQ+ community because of this activism.

Demonstrate year-round pride
It’s nice that your brand makes a gesture of support for the queer community every June, but what happens when it’s not pride month and the “marketing opportunity” isn’t top-of-mind? Challenge your brand to ensure the growing LGBTQ+ population is proportionally represented across your advertising executions, year-round. Better yet, make sure that talent from the community are the people behind those marketing efforts, be it strategy, media and/or creative. Inclusivity, in part, means that audiences see themselves when engaging with your brand. And with a $1 trillion buying power, queer inclusion can’t simply be regulated to a one-off campaign—it’s got to be part of the brand’s DNA. Twenty-five years ago, IKEA was the first brand to feature a gay couple in its broadcast advertising and since then the brand’s “always on” efforts to advance LGBTQ+ equality have been heavily recognized. In fact, for the fourth year in a row, IKEA has earned a 100% score on HRC’s annual LGBTQ Workplace Equality scorecard.

All of this boils down to the degree of authenticity of your brand’s actions by staying consistent with its values. While you may increasingly see big dollar signs on a historically underrepresented community, as long as your LGBTQ+ Pride marketing efforts are coming, first and foremost, from a genuine place of inclusivity, then your brand will be welcomed with open arms … and open wallets.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

"well-intentioned"

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

i bet their hearts are just bursting with emotion

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://twitter.com/nsagov/status/1136376127272968199?s=21