Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

drat r/RedPillWomen is still as insane as I remember it.

Husband needs time to think about our relationship after EA, am I making things worse by having sex with him?

quote:

Husband had an emotional affair and has since broken it off with the other woman. However, he is taking time away from the family to think about whether he wants to stay married to me. He says that he will still continue to provide for me and my child even if we are not together, and that I can call him anytime and he would show up. But he feels a lot of guilt about what he did and at the same time feels like our relationship is "suffocating".

On hindsight, I was unappreciative of all the things he did for me and the family or if I did, I never showed it. I didn't trust him when I should have, my trust issues were due to my dad cheating on my mom and I should have worked it out in therapy. I manage stress poorly and picked quarrels with him over petty things even though he hates conflict. I gained 20 pounds after pregnancy and have not done my best to lose it even though our child is now 3 years old.

I believe I pushed him to it. I was difficult to get along with and while it's easy for me to see what I did wrong now and work on being a better wife, I'm not sure if he'll be able to see it or if it's too late. I feel genuinely sorry about the way I've behaved towards him and that it took an EA for me to realize how poorly I've treated him.

I am still having sex with him when he visits although I am the one who initiates it. We talk, get emotional, and I initiate it. It doesn't happen every time but it's a lot more frequent and intense than what we had before. He has stated that he doesn't feel it's right for me to "treat him so well" (his own words) despite what he's done. He doesn't stop me when I initiate though.

We dated for over 5 years and are married for another 6. We are still talking when he comes home to bring our child out. But besides the sex and talking when he's here, we don't message each other (we used to do it multiple times a day to talk about everything). He wrote some letters for me and I wrote him one, but he doesn't want it to influence him so he's not reading mine until he has his thoughts sorted.

I've read his letters and they just confuse me further. In one, he stated that he truly believes my child and I are the most important people in his life. However, he has also said verbally that he feels a lot more freedom in the past week not living with us.

I've since done a lot of reading and reflecting as well. I started losing weight a bit before I found out about the EA but I've since signed up for the gym and a personal trainer to make sure I stay on track. I'm still about 16 pounds away from my ideal weight. I will be speaking with a counselor soon to work on my own issues as well. There are other things going on that I'm working on but these are the major ones.

I feel like there isn't much more I can do at this point but wait (and the uncertainty is so painful at times). However, I'm unsure about the sex thing. He seems to enjoy it yet he has verbally expressed that he does not think it is a good idea. He doesn't stop me when I initiate though. Am I making things worse by initiating or should I just keep doing it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Palpek posted:

drat r/RedPillWomen is still as insane as I remember it.

Husband needs time to think about our relationship after EA, am I making things worse by having sex with him?

When I read the title at first I thought he was an ex-EA employee.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Power Khan posted:

Switch places and sink into the ground. rear end in a top hat.

Some of the comments by the OP are strange:

quote:

Very rarely go on dates any more. My wife doesn't trust child minders and we don't have family close by to help. They don't have SN and aren't harder to manage than any normal 3 year old. Shes had breaks! Days off with her girl friends and days out with sister and her mum. Cleaners are "a waste of money" we've had that conversation too.

Wait, huh?

quote:

I do help, and could probably help more., but I already give her a day off at the weekend, I take the kids out away from the house so she can relax at home and I have a full schedule of house chores and other jobs to do at the weekeend. I've looked after the kids since day one, I'm a very hands I think dad. On days when my wife goes out and I stay home with the kids, I'll do all the house work, feed and play with the kids, cook and clean. And when she comes home she just says "what, are you just trying to prove a point or something?"

One day a week! Kid-havers of the thread, weigh in. When kids have one stay at home parent, do they tend to be 'better behaved' when the other parent is in charge of them because it's a change in routine or stimuli? Or is that just anecdotal BS?

Though he does mention the kids start nursery school half time next year, so maybe the issues will resolve themselves then?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Leon Einstein posted:

There is a 100% this guy is creepy as gently caress and rubbed his boner on his SIL during the hugs he awkwardly gave her.
If he was really just treating her as a brother I highly doubt she would have cut off every avenue of him touching her or even sitting close to her. Like I'm not muslim but from my understanding her choosing to veil herself around him is her very explicitly saying she sees him not as family and needs space from him?

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

Pirate Radar posted:

Is the NYT fair game for this? Because this is a real issue that many couples have to deal with, but this seems like an incredibly regrettable way to phrase it: My Marriage Has a Third Wheel: Our Child

In the article she compares her kid to Camilla Parker-Bowles.

quote:

I would never have predicted that the hardest part of parenting would be that our only child would come to fully believe she is the third person in our marriage. This arrangement began roughly as soon as she learned to talk.

God forbid this turn into some sort of.... Family!

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
AITA for refusing to take part in my brother's wedding

quote:

Sorry about the clickbaity title, but there's too much nuance to fit in there.

I'm 30m, and my brother is 29. He's been with his girlfriend for a bit under 5 months, and they recently got engaged to be married in early July (on their 6 month anniversary). The reasons I have a problem with this are many.

First - I'm getting married in mid July. I've been with my boyfriend for 5 years, engaged for a year. I also listened to bullshit about gay people my whole life and we finally got to a point where the people that matter to us accept us and we're going to have a big gay rear end wedding to celebrate.

Second - my brother has known his fiancee for less than 5 months. She just dropped out of university (she's 21 btw), has no job, no work experience, no place to live, nothing.

Third - they're in a hurry to get married because she's pregnant, and I'm the only one who knows this. Both of our families are very religious, and he said that her parents would "loving kill her" if they found out. So they're in a rush because their plan is to pretend she only got pregnant after the wedding. Which is idiotic in itself (she'll be over 3 months pregnant by the time they marry), but alright.

When they told us about the engagement, I got upset at the fact that they will be getting married one week before me, which will heavily influence who comes to which wedding. I already got calls from several people telling me they can't afford to go to two weddings or travel twice so little apart, so they'll only go to the first one. We had an argument about the date in front of our parents, and nobody except my fiance and myself thinks this is a problem. My brother used some bullshit excuse of "we're soooo in love" to justify why they're marrying so soon, even though he admitted to me they were marrying because she's pregnant.

My brother then asked me to be his best man and I said I wouldn't even come to his wedding, let alone be his best man. Everyone flipped out on me (parents, grandparents, several cousins, even his fiancee's parents had an opinion about it) and my fiance is the only person on my side. Here's why I think I'm still in the right despite everyone disagreeing: Sure, he can put his girlfriend/fiancee before me, I don't care, my fiance is the most important person to me, so it'd be hypocritical of me to demand otherwise from my brother. HOWEVER, all of this bullshit about her parents killing her for being pregnant before the wedding is just too much. If he puts THAT before me, then he can go gently caress himself.

So what do you think?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Leon Einstein posted:

There is a 100% this guy is creepy as gently caress and rubbed his boner on his SIL during the hugs he awkwardly gave her.

Honestly, that's the best argument for a hijab I've ever seen. Explicitly telling creepos to gently caress off! Even if they're family!

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

LadyPictureShow posted:

One day a week! Kid-havers of the thread, weigh in. When kids have one stay at home parent, do they tend to be 'better behaved' when the other parent is in charge of them because it's a change in routine or stimuli? Or is that just anecdotal BS?

I would't say "better behaved" in the case of my kids, but absolutely easier to deal with. Kids get bored, parents get bored and in a routine, especially the primary caretaker. A simple change in routine like the other parent acting as primary caretaker for the day often makes everything more interesting for them, therefor less effort needs to be put into trying to come up with something to keep them occupied. It's also largely removes the natural friction that occurs when people spend so much time together: the same annoyances that the primary caretaker is dealing with 8 days a week aren't likely to be such an issue to the other parent.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Kaiju15 posted:

God forbid this turn into some sort of.... Family!
The authors of these articles seem oblivious that the essays make them look like horrible people. What a selfish person.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Palpek posted:

I remember one thread from a woman who was a r/redpillwomen regular and then made a thread panicing because she got pregnant and she was in the middle of "salary negotiations" with her husband and in a shocking twist he wanted to pay her something laughable (while making a shitton of money) because that's how much he valued a mother's work and as somebody completely dependant on him she had no bargaining options whatsoever. It was a brutal eye opening experience for her.

I’m confused here. The lady has already seized the means of production but is still beholden to a capitalist pig. This isn’t supposed to happen!!!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

ad090 posted:

Unfortunate situation for all involved. Maybe have a joint service/wedding? If not for the pregnancy angle, the brother should have chosen a later date but with that not being an option, I don't think I'd sever family relationships over a 6 month difference in relationship length. I'd wager the parents should probably bear some of the rear end in a top hat burden as well for making everyone walk on eggshells.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

chitoryu12 posted:

When I read the title at first I thought he was an ex-EA employee.

If this were true, the post would be about suicide.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Giant_Pupils posted:

Maybe have a joint service/wedding?

Yeah - I'm sure sharing the ceremony with a same-sex couple will go over well with the brother's fiancee's family - who is so religious that they'd figuratively (literally?) kill her over getting pregnant before marriage.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

Though he does mention the kids start nursery school half time next year, so maybe the issues will resolve themselves then?

Here it's way worse. I have a strict list of things I know they need to keep happy and calm and it is exhausting: 5 km a day hiking (they are 6), max 30 min in a row screen time, minimal sugar, regular chore and homework schedule. Plus they are always fighting and competing and I've learned like a dozen tools for keeping them from losing their mind. Hyperactive kids are exhausting.

I still work about 30 hours a week, and when my wife takes over she just cant 't do all that stuff. Even if she does, she doesnt have all the tools to stop a fight from breaking out. Coming home from work is tough because something is going to be a mess.

Still way better than when my parents watch them, and just assume that I have all that structure because I'm an anal fuckwit, then wonder why the kids are having 30 minute meltdowns.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Geoj posted:

Yeah - I'm sure sharing the ceremony with a same-sex couple will go over well with the brother's fiancee's family - who is so religious that they'd figuratively (literally?) kill her over getting pregnant before marriage.

Exactly.

Don't let the brother and his fiancée hijack op's actual wedding ceremony.

I'd tell them to get a civil marriage now, save the religious ceremony for a later date. But it sounds like everyone is firmly entrenched in their current plan.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Geoj posted:

It's a rough situation any way you slice it. Choices appear to be:

A) Joint service. Crazy family is crazy. Both services may be ruined and/or boycotted by awful religious zealots. Nothing of value would be lost but brother and fiancee won't see it that way.

B) Keep going the current course. Both weddings sparsely attended. Everyone is mad.

C) Ask brother and fiancee to suck it up and tell religious parents the truth resulting in disownment/murder.

Can anyone think of a win/win scenario here?

DemoneeHo posted:

Exactly.

Don't let the brother and his fiancée hijack op's actual wedding ceremony.

I'd tell them to get a civil marriage now, save the religious ceremony for a later date. But it sounds like everyone is firmly entrenched in their current plan.

I don't think this would work because they've already announced the wedding and would essentially have to fess up to zealotparents that the fiancee is pregnant if they go that route.

Either that or live in secrecy for a year and then use some sort of pulley contraption to lower the baby into the wedding ceremony accompanied by a trumpet fanfare surrounded by people in angel costumes and claim it's a miracle.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jun 3, 2019

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

ad090 posted:

"We can only go to one wedding, and we all decided to go to the straight one. Only because its earlier jeez why are you people so dramatic"

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Giant_Pupils posted:

Can anyone think of a win/win scenario here?

OP goes no contact with his immediate family for the foreseeable future.

Honestly if they're going to poo poo all over him in this fashion after he's been engaged for a year he's not doing himself any favors by keeping them in his life.

e: track down pregnant fiancee's family and spill the beans. Once the cat is out of the bag there's zero pressure for them to get married!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If theres anything I learned from /r/relationships it's that the straights must be protected at all costs. It's not like they could have prevented or controlled getting pregnant just give them your wedding or they might have to have an uncomfortable conversation

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for "outing" my sister?

quote:

My sister is gay. She's 21 and has come back home after finishing her degree. She has a girlfriend. My parents have no idea she's gay.

I'm 18 and live at home with my parents. My parents are Catholic. I practice my religion whereas my sister does not. My parents struggled with her breaking her faith but they love her unconditionally and have accepted who she is.

I'm not allowed girls to stay over for obvious reasons but they let my male friends stay and hang out. My sister is looking to get a flat but whilst she's at home my father was firm on that she was to have no boys stay over but that she can have her girl friends over whenever. My sister is out to most people but told me that she's waiting till she moves into her flat in 3 months to tell my parents so she doesn't have to face daily judgement.

So basically she gets away with having her girlfriend stay over under the lie that they're just friends whereas I cannot have my girlfriend of 6 months over. I told her it's unfair and that she should not have girls over if she's gay.

My parents went away for 1 week and I had my girlfriend over. My parents came back early and saw my girlfriend leaving and they laid into me. They told me that I was grounded and took my phone and interogated me as to what we did together. I was hit with this blind rage and told them that it's not fair that they allow my sister to have girls over, they were confused and I blurted out that she's gay and sleeping with the girl but they let her do that but I'm not even allowed to have my girlfriend round at all.

My mother started crying, my dad began shouting. They waited for my sister to get home and sent me upstairs. I heard my dad shouting at her and then my sister stormed upstairs crying and packed her stuff. She admitted to being gay when confronted and as a result they told her to chose between "getting help" and staying at home or leaving. So she left. My parents told her she is no longer their daughter.

My sister confronted me for telling them and said one day I'd understand when I'm older how wrong what I did was and that she wishes I'd just spoken to her. She cried and left.

My older brother came over yesterday and found out. He took me aside and said what I did was really unfair and that I acted like an rear end. He said I should've let my sister choose when to tell them. AITA?

TL;DR my sister is gay. I got caught with my girlfriend in the house, got grounded so told my parents my sister is gay and has been having her girlfriend round. Parents kicked her out.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Tato posted:

Lmao that no one said not to wear a condom, yet goons can't stop tripping over themselves to argue their dick sensitivity and try to one up each other on maximum condom pleasure sensations. Even the dudes who first brought it up said the effect of "condoms reduce my sensation a lot but of course you should always use them because it's worth it." But don't let that stop the goon brigade stomping around with their dicks wagging, arguing for the superiority of their own penis sensitivity in both directions.

It's the same as the always requisite 10 page detail any time a story is posted where a guy won't go down on a girl, then we get post after post about how these men are disgusted, how they are selfish lovers, but most importantly, goons trying to one up each other on who likes eating pussy the most and who is the best at it.

Jesus Christ, men are so loving exhausting.

See this is why we need a :males: smiley.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Danaru posted:

If theres anything I learned from /r/relationships it's that the straights must be protected at all costs. It's not like they could have prevented or controlled getting pregnant just give them your wedding or they might have to have an uncomfortable conversation

Condoms reduce the sensation thus

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for "outing" my sister?

There's no way this guy is so clueless as to think that him being an rear end in a top hat is ambiguous here.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Danaru posted:

"We can only go to one wedding, and we all decided to go to the straight one. Only because its earlier jeez why are you people so dramatic"

I don't see where it said that. OP's complaint was that people can't go to both weddings and there are cancellations on both sides as a result. The ideal situation would be to tell the religious zealots to jump in an active volcano and just tell the truth but fiancee isn't having that. I don't know. The whole thing just sucks. I guess OP could just force the issue by telling everyone the real reason his brother is getting married but that would have consequences too.

I don't think OP is being "dramatic" either, he's perfectly right to be angry at his brother, I was just trying to think of a way to salvage the situation. I don't think it's possible.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Giant_Pupils posted:

Unfortunate situation for all involved. Maybe have a joint service/wedding? If not for the pregnancy angle, the brother should have chosen a later date but with that not being an option, I don't think I'd sever family relationships over a 6 month difference in relationship length. I'd wager the parents should probably bear some of the rear end in a top hat burden as well for making everyone walk on eggshells.

I don’t think you parsed those timelines correctly (or I didn’t)

The OP has been with his boyfriend for five years and engaged for one

The brother has been with his fiancée for five months and just now got engaged to be married in one month for a grand total of six months

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

chitoryu12 posted:

There's no way this guy is so clueless as to think that him being an rear end in a top hat is ambiguous here.

I can believe a teenager thinking it's ambiguous just because as a whole teens are a selfish and contemptuous bunch.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

areyoucontagious posted:

I don’t think you parsed those timelines correctly (or I didn’t)

The OP has been with his boyfriend for five years and engaged for one

The brother has been with his fiancée for five months and just now got engaged to be married in one month for a grand total of six months

Just re-read that and you're right. I thought the engagement periods were 6 months (brother) 1 year (OP). That's ridiculous.
I take it all back. Brother can pound sand.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My boyfriend (28m) is convinced I'm (23f) likely to lose my job because of "unprofessional behaviour" and I am sure he's wrong.

I work at a tech company that does contract work to develop automation prototypes for other companies. It's basically my dream job and I've gotten glowing performance reviews every 6 months I've been there. I get along great with everyone on my team, some of my good friends right now are people I met through this job.

I'm currently on a project that is being done for this small tech startup, that has a reputation for being a difficult place to work; in terms of company culture. Similar rumors circulate about it and Uber, to give you an idea.

Anyway, last week my team was going to demo our progress to the customers. I was presenting a large piece of machinery, and taking them through the associated software. My coworker Jack was there too, but he's a new hire so he was mainly there to watch and learn.

Three guys from the customer company were there also. One was a manager and two were engineers. This was the first time I was presenting to these customers, my coworker Bob usually does that but he was on vacation. Partway through, one of the engineers made a comment about how I was much nicer to look at than Bob, commenting on my "behind"...

I was shocked into silence for a moment, then I hit the emergency stop button on the device I was presenting. (Not just to be dramatic, part of my job was to supervise its operation and be able to stop it if necessary; and I knew I wouldn't be able to give it my full attention in the next few minutes.)

I walked to the guy who said that, and told him "I don't want to hear that poo poo from you again. Ever. Understand?" And then when he said he did, I went through the rather time consuming process of resetting the hardware and software from an emergency stop, and beginning the demonstration again from the start. (I couldn't skip ahead because of how some processes were implemented in software right now.)

I talked to my manager Sam afterwards, to tell him everything that had happened. I apologized for the language I used, but not for the message I'd tried to send. And give him a heads up that the customers were irritated that everything took two hours longer than it should have. Sam was completely fine with everything I'd said and all the decisions I'd made, and offered to be more present at future customer meetings because I shouldn't have to deal with that stuff.

After work that day, I went to my friend Ellen's housewarming party for her new apartment move, and I brought my boyfriend Glenn. I was telling a group about how the demo at work went, and I was trying to tell the entertaining bits rather than make it all sad and frustrating... So I peppered in funny little details about how awkward the silence was after I hit the emergency stop button... How I cheerfully said that they'd all get to see the cold start procedure first hand. How long it took to bring the system back up, and how nobody even had phones to play with because we were in a secured part of the building. So it was just a bunch of dudes looking more and more antsy and irritated at their dumbass coworker over the course of an hour, as I did all the initial setup and startup checks for the machinery.

The whole group was laughing about it, and I admit I had been focusing on the more awkward and absurd parts of the story to make everyone laugh. It likely came off like shutting the machine down was more about pettiness than anything else, when in reality I decided I wasn't prepared to closely supervise its operation while also confronting a dude.

But, when Glenn and I were on our way home that night, he started to get mad at me for risking my job for petty reasons. I said my job wasn't at risk, and he called me naive. For thinking it was no big deal to curse at a customer, to extend a meeting for two hours 'to prove a point' and all that.

I told him that I'd heard firsthand from my boss that I did nothing wrong, and that the customer was out of line. And I also told him that cussing isn't as big a deal in my industry as it probably is in his. And that things were fine.

And he just doesn't believe me. Even now, a couple days later. He seems to have this idea that I'm in trouble at work whether I know it or not. And that I did something dumb and reckless. It came up again when I went to work later than usual on Friday. (I'd planned to come in late and stay late, which I'm allowed to do) But Glenn said something about me doing yet another thing that would look unprofessional.

I'm fed up with this, I get he might be stressed about money because we live together and he's in grad school so money is tight. But I don't like hearing this poo poo when I don't think it's accurate. Any advice, Reddit?

TLDR.... My boyfriend thinks I'm at risk of loving my job for unprofessional behavior

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Giant_Pupils posted:

Ehh, the straight brother is lying to everyone else about the reason for getting married and doing some bigotry. I dunno if sever is the right play but he’s clearly being manipulated and pressured by a pair of lying dumbasses who don’t have the stones to deal with their fuckup.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Yeah, if I was OP I would see if I could just drag all my wedding stuff one week prior to the brother just to spite him, although that’s probably not possible.

gently caress that, I say the OP should just threaten to out (ironic, I know) the pregnancy if the brother doesn’t move his wedding a few weeks later or go get a courthouse wedding ASAP

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My boyfriend (28m) is convinced I'm (23f) likely to lose my job because of "unprofessional behaviour" and I am sure he's wrong.

TLDR.... My boyfriend thinks I'm at risk of loving my job for unprofessional behavior

Dump your idiot boyfriend immediately. If your job fires you for this (they won't), enjoy your payday in court.
It's a little hard to ask her to "be professional" and not use foul language when it's the immediate result of being blatantly sexually harassed in front of multiple witnesses.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

ad090 posted:

Drop the pregnancy bomb on everyone and watch the firestorm. Then have a private wedding without these shitheads.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA for believing in science?

quote:

Here's the deal.
My wife of 5 years and I have been arguing a lot lately because she thinks im an arrogant and pessimistic elitist.

Over the last 18 months I've been really interested in critical thinking, skepticism and science. I travel a lot for work and so have been listening to a lot of "the great courses" lecture series on the above mentioned subjects.

As a result of listening to these lectures, I've developed what I think is a pretty healthy skepticism of the world, and a desire to know the truth about any claim that someone makes to me.

My wife on the other hand is quite spiritual and has beliefs which lie outside of the realm of science.

Lately though, when we discuss things, I've been asking her to support her claims with evidence. Or I've been arguing the point with her because I've learnt tnings that don't support her claims.

I'll admit that I have been dismissive and arrogant in a few of my rebuttals, but I apologised for that and said I'll try to avoid it in future. But now she's saying that my inability to understand her beliefs is a problem.

So am I the rear end in a top hat for not believing in things that science has either disproven, or are non-falsifiable?

Am I the rear end in a top hat for not believing in spirituality when most people on the earth do?

Somehow I 100% knew exactly who this guy had been listening to, and checking his other posts on Reddit confirmed it. Can you do the same? Its Jordan Peterson, of course.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Leon Einstein posted:

The authors of these articles seem oblivious that the essays make them look like horrible people. What a selfish person.

women realizing that intensive parenting is hurting them is good imo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yeah, that lady had the perfect response to that sort of adolescent sexist comment. "Oh no! Since Kevin just acted like a piece of poo poo, now you all get to stay two hours late while I restart the machine. Nice going, Kevin!"

She should dump her useless boyfriend because he clearly thinks that standing up for herself was an overreaction.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Piell posted:

Somehow I 100% knew exactly who this guy had been listening to, and checking his other posts on Reddit confirmed it. Can you do the same? Its Jordan Peterson, of course.

Of course it is :jerkbag:

Listen, skepticism is great, it helps us with our critical thinking sometimes, but being that guy that just shits on everything is awful. Newsflash, idiot! Even some of the most well-founded science is still kind of a guess at this point! Some things you will have to take at face value! Ugh, I want a divorce!

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

No Pants posted:

women realizing that intensive parenting is hurting them is good imo
It's not good to compete with your child for your husband's attention, you absolute weirdo.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Piell posted:

More like Jordan PESTERson amirite?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

TIFU by writing official mails to people and not realising my profile picture is literally me grabbing a friend's butt

quote:

So a couple of weeks ago, I finally setup my apple-id. I also put up some random photo of myself. For whatever reason, I just picked the first image that popped up, which happened to be a shot of me grabbing one of the lads's bum. I had cropped said friend out of the picture to make it be of my face only, thinking nothing of it.

Since then, I've been applying to graduate schools and a few institutes (trying to break into sciences/research).

Only now has it come to my attention that apple displays this picture in mails, too. Now, I was like, eh not a big deal, right? loving WRONG. Apparently, it displays the FULL IMAGE - NOT the cropped one, but the FULL thing! I've been sending out loving official mails with this thing for a couple of weeks now. I've been trying to get in contact with important people and universities for weeks, all this time giving these people a nice handy view of me groping this guy. loving fantastic way to kick off professional relations, this.

Picture in question: https://imgur.com/a/2jwEfUS (friend's face blurred for obvious reasons)

tl;dr: Applied to graduate school and jobs via mail, giving off first impression of being friendly neighbourhood butt groper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Leon Einstein posted:

It's not good to compete with your child for your husband's attention, you absolute weirdo.

Even when the bad mother was Ayelet Waldman, all they're saying is that your relationship with your children is not the same as your relationship with your husband, and it's all right to treat them differently. Weirdo.