Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

tsc posted:

At a totally open gas station. Dude was just walking around on the awning.

Something about a step ladder on a chep pallet on a forklift (very tall pallet jack? idk) really gives me flashbacks to working deliveries for a large pub/restaurant. I'm sure if the person doing that didn't hurt themselves very badly they were probably very proud of their ingenuity. I can only assume he needed a step ladder up on the roof for whatever reason and hasn't gotten around to fetching it off the pallet yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I've walked through clouds of ammonia that basically felt like having the wind knocked out of me- it's like that AND having icewater sprayed in your eyes and up your nose
I've been sprayed with aerosolized 95% sulfuric acid- that just made my nose sting
I've been spattered with 50% NaOH solution on multiple occasions- it tastes like lemons
The top of my right ear is missing a little chunk thanks to a sulfuric acid leak- that feels like having a cigarette snubbed out on you
I've been splattered with a cocktail of MEK+mystery organic compounds- they tingle
I had to encourage people to get out of the loving way of a giant cloud of nitrogen dioxide on multiple occasions- I stayed out of the orange cloud

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
*TCCer furiously transcribes this to Erowid*

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey_NEoM2SpM&t=769s

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I guess I'll be the guy pointing at the fireball to help the fire trucks

also SMITE MEEEEEE!

OK, if it's called the Fire Balloon Festival, you cannot act surprised when the balloons are one fire.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

:ingenuity:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
You guys still pumpin your own gas? This is me now:
https://i.imgur.com/mrP1w45.gifv

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

i'm confused.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

The video is reversed, obviously.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

LifeSunDeath posted:

I would not be getting close enough to film that

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
Not really a hazard but I love this bit in the equipment operating procedure for ladders at my job.

"poo poo, what are those things called? Eh, I'll look it up after I write up the rest of this."

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Usually he chains the truck to the excavator and pulls it rather than pushing, but this time there was a road in the way. I've been meaning to gif up some other examples but there's too many hours of footage to bother tracking them down again.

Anyway, who wants to play some Dodgetire?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF113R-vh24&t=2215s

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

LifeSunDeath posted:

Is this what happens when you overfill? :psyduck:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I've had the auto cutoff not work before and no that's not what happens. I mean sure while the pump is running it does come spurting out of the filler neck but once you manually turn the pump off the overflow stops and then you put the cap on and go about your day driving around with your filled to capacity tank. Gotta be something else going on here.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Maybe the car pressurizes the fuel tank for some reason.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

No, and you can't usually overfill with regular gas pumps because they cut off when the tank is full. At the same time, fuel pump failure generally means it stops flowing altogether. I've never heard of a pump failing so bad that it starts spraying gas back out.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Guests and employees were being electrocuted at a Universal Orlando water park. Management ignored the complaints. Luckily no one was seriously hurt.

quote:

Three people were taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center and one to Dr. Phillips Hospital after the Orlando Fire Department responded at 4:44 p.m. Sunday, said Ashley Papagni, the fire department’s public information officer.

A small group of workers at Universal’s Volcano Bay were taken to the hospital on Sunday as a cautionary measure, Universal spokesman Tom Schroder had said in a statement Sunday.

The employees were later released from the hospital, Schroder added. His statement made no mention of any injuries to guests.

Universal declined to comment further Monday.

A Universal lifeguard, who declined to use her name because of fear of losing her job, said she had been told there was a wiring short at the Krakata Aqua Coaster. The park’s centerpiece ride that goes through the towering 200-foot volcano that can be seen from Interstate 4 had recently been rewired, she said.

“We were telling our supervisor our legs are going numb, we can feel things radiating through our bodies,” the lifeguard said, describing how she felt Sunday afternoon.
But she stayed in the water anyway.

“Everybody knows if you leave your post, it’s grounds for termination,” the lifeguard said.
Carlino, 32, said her sisters were electrically shocked several hours earlier at about 11 or 11:30 a.m.

Carlino’s frustrations were from with Universal’s response after she explained what happened to a manager, she said.

“She didn’t believe what we were saying,” Carlino said. “They weren’t taken this seriously.”

It took about 10 minutes before the area by the lazy river near the aqua coaster was closed, Carlino said. The park would later shut down that day.

Carlino said an ambulance came to the scene and first responders cleared her sisters who were not taken to the hospital.
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-bz-volcano-bay-update-20190603-px636h2t4zbophqjcajnkzn6h4-story.html

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

chitoryu12 posted:

No, and you can't usually overfill with regular gas pumps because they cut off when the tank is full. At the same time, fuel pump failure generally means it stops flowing altogether. I've never heard of a pump failing so bad that it starts spraying gas back out.

Marathon station by my house was notorious for having the auto shut offs not working.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

My only guess is the evaporative emissions system has gone haywire somehow. Maybe a vacuum hose reversed? I don't really know if that could cause this, though.

Sudbina
Mar 17, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

I've never seen something like this happen before.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Zero One posted:

Guests and employees were being electrocuted at a Universal Orlando water park. Management ignored the complaints. Luckily no one was seriously hurt.

Not electrocuted by the way, the article got it right - electrically shocked.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Right I'm going through all reasons why this is happening and maybe it was way overfull and it's sloshing around and can't burp through the evap etc.. Its really odd still.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Best I can figure, the car had Indian last night.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
maybe the fuel pump was installed backwards...somehow

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

moist turtleneck posted:

It's free gas for anyone driving by!

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

I've never heard of a pump failing so bad that it starts spraying gas back out.
A friend of mine used to work in an EMI testing lab. He once evaluated a medical device with a pump which would do exactly that when you put a mobile phone equivalent next to its poorly shielded USB port. :v:

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

moist turtleneck posted:

well its rolling so like, how?

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Cojawfee posted:

Maybe the car pressurizes the fuel tank for some reason.

As far as I understand, fuel tanks in modern cars are pressurized so the evaporative system can work, but not to nearly to the pressure that would cause that to occur. I have no idea.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

The outlet side of the submerged fuel pump might have come loose.
As for why the engine is running, there might be a second pump.

-e-
Comedy answer:
Bad fuel

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jun 3, 2019

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Aftermarket reserve tank installed with the outlet accidentally teed to the existing pump's output, and the main/reserve swap valve stuck halfway? Nah, not enough pressure... What the gently caress does that?

E: Bubble of compressed air in the station's hose got rammed through into the tank, coupled with a failed nozzle auto-shutoff detector?

Pissed Ape Sexist fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 3, 2019

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Spatial posted:

A friend of mine used to work in an EMI testing lab. He once evaluated a medical device with a pump which would do exactly that when you put a mobile phone equivalent next to its poorly shielded USB port. :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tIdzNlExrw

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
:lol: at you guys never seeing a squirter before.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Squirting is an urban legend. That's clearly just P (etroleum).

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

:lol: at you guys never seeing a squirter before.

We can't all have met your mom.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

dphi posted:

Not electrocuted by the way, the article got it right - electrically shocked.

It can mean either hth

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Now it can mean either, but originally it was a portmanteau of "electricity" and "execution", so it meant fatal shocks exclusively back then. Largely because the word was invented as part of a campaign to slander AC current, but still.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rust Martialis posted:

We can't all have met your mom.

we all met yours

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Aftermarket reserve tank installed with the outlet accidentally teed to the existing pump's output, and the main/reserve swap valve stuck halfway? Nah, not enough pressure... What the gently caress does that?

E: Bubble of compressed air in the station's hose got rammed through into the tank, coupled with a failed nozzle auto-shutoff detector?

I don't think that could happen.

My theory:

The fill neck enters the side of the tank somewhat below the top. Therefore in normal operation, when the hose shuts off, there is still significant unfilled area above the fill neck. They somehow tilted the vehicle so that the fill neck was closer to the top of the tank and filled it as far as possible. Then they leveled the vehicle and that gas in the area that is intended to be unfilled had to go somewhere. You can see the driver lurching as well to cause the gas to slosh around.

Alternative theory: I'm a loving idiot. I'd really like to know how they did that.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Alternative theory: I'm a loving idiot. I'd really like to know how they did that.

Filled halfway at sea level and trailered to Colorado? Nah. Gotta be a pressure release somewhere.
Accidentally filled with diesel and there's someone out of sight with a drum of gas and a pump? Nah. Dumb.
Filled literally to the brim and with huge hyperbaric subwoofer box in the back? Nah.
I give up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
piranhas are in the gas dudes its just so simple