Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Is there any other media (movies, TV, video games, even a book?) that features a scene like this one? I've never seen this movie, but I saw the trailer and got hit with the biggest feeling of deja vu. I know there's a lot of stuff that apes the general neon 80s aesthetic, but I swear I've seen this exact same tableau (night time, motel pool, neon trees, etc) before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtgZvEaZb4I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Lester Shy posted:

Is there any other media (movies, TV, video games, even a book?) that features a scene like this one? I've never seen this movie, but I saw the trailer and got hit with the biggest feeling of deja vu. I know there's a lot of stuff that apes the general neon 80s aesthetic, but I swear I've seen this exact same tableau (night time, motel pool, neon trees, etc) before.

Corona Christmas commercial

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Yes, that's it! Holy crap that looks like dogshit lol

I knew when you kept saying it had higher production values, looked better etc that was gonna turn out to be your kid brain not noticing it was garbage

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lester Shy posted:

Showgirls

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Origami Dali posted:

Watchers III ?

All he had to say was "The one with Wings Hauser and the telepathic dog."

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

moller posted:

All he had to say was "The one with Wings Hauser and the telepathic dog."

I honestly forgot about the telepathic dog. All I remembered as a kid was the black monster with green eyes and the gore.

No idea where the tentacles came from.

Mammon Loves You
Feb 13, 2011

Lester Shy posted:

I'm Just F**king With You on Hulu?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Showgirls has the trees, the pool lights, several of the same camera angles, and the awkward underwater wrestling

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
There is a kids martial arts movie from the 80s/90s that I had a vhs of long ago I can't remember the name off.

Unfortunately the only two things I can remember is 1) there was a fight in a warehouse full of cardboard boxes of bouncy balls and stuffed animals and 2) the movie ends in a cave or cavern with the kids pretending to be a ghost (than a real ghost shows up with bad layering special effects)

I also can't be sure that the first point was not from a different movie, only sure about the second

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

World Famous W posted:

There is a kids martial arts movie from the 80s/90s that I had a vhs of long ago I can't remember the name off.

Unfortunately the only two things I can remember is 1) there was a fight in a warehouse full of cardboard boxes of bouncy balls and stuffed animals and 2) the movie ends in a cave or cavern with the kids pretending to be a ghost (than a real ghost shows up with bad layering special effects)

I also can't be sure that the first point was not from a different movie, only sure about the second

Is it possibly 3 Ninjas: Kick Back?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE6BpxMx0-c

Edit: Or if they were Chinese kids Thunder Ninja Kids 3: the Hunt for the Devil Boxer is mostly ghost hijinks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31LJ7CnDTio

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 3, 2019

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Is it possibly 3 Ninjas: Kick Back?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE6BpxMx0-c

Edit: Or if they were Chinese kids Thunder Ninja Kids 3: the Hunt for the Devil Boxer is mostly ghost hijinks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31LJ7CnDTio
It wasn't 3 ninjas but it was along that style. The ghost scene in the mountains/cave was 'two or three kids stacked on each other wearing a sheet' goofy kinda of thing.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I got two films that need finding:

Looking for a German film that I think had Michael Fassbender in it?

I think the store was a cop from a small town didn't have much going on until some murderer/criminal is caught and held in his town. I think Fassbender was the criminal. He ends up talking to him a lot throughout the film and the criminal asks about his life and how it's boring being a small town cop or whatever. I remember that the criminal starts getting into his head and eventually asks about his sex life and tells him that he should try banging his wife in the rear end and calling her a slut during sex. He eventually does and I think takes it too far and I think his wife is traumatized by it or something but he finds out that he enjoyed it and questions if he's terrible or something. I think the criminal character eventually escapes or something at the end.

The second film is a horror title, that I think took place in Australia.

I don't have much information about this one, but I think the film was some girl taking a road trip in the outback and she ends up captured by somebody and ends up in this... fortress? kinda building where she's held by the bad dude. I don't remember if the evil guy is just some murderer or what, and I can't even remember a bad guy. Anyway, she breaks free of her bonds and ends up finding another girl who I think is pregnant and they try finding a way out and they both end up dying? Also, I think the initial girl might have been traveling with a male character and he gets captured as well and in the end he makes it out and is left wandering the desert. Now, I'm pretty sure someone's going to think this is Wolf Creek, but I love that film and this definitely isn't it. I however might be blending the two together, since Wolf Creek ends the same way with the male character wandering off in the desert. But the film I'm thinking about had this huge concrete building with high parameter walls and the architecture was brutalist, and it was the most memorable thing about the whole film.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

s.i.r.e. posted:

Looking for a German film that I think had Michael Fassbender in it?

I think the store was a cop from a small town didn't have much going on until some murderer/criminal is caught and held in his town. I think Fassbender was the criminal. He ends up talking to him a lot throughout the film and the criminal asks about his life and how it's boring being a small town cop or whatever. I remember that the criminal starts getting into his head and eventually asks about his sex life and tells him that he should try banging his wife in the rear end and calling her a slut during sex. He eventually does and I think takes it too far and I think his wife is traumatized by it or something but he finds out that he enjoyed it and questions if he's terrible or something. I think the criminal character eventually escapes or something at the end.

There's a movie called Antibodies (Antikorper) that might be it? No Fassbender, but the villain had that sorta look.

The detective is a straight-laced God fearing Christian and the killer is a pedophile that targets young boys; I haven't seen it in a long time, so I'm not 100% if that scene you described is in there.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm pretty sure that's 100% it, thanks! I don't remember Norman Reedus but I'm pretty sure this is exactly it.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

World Famous W posted:

Pocket Ninjas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPOepgHIKVw

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

s.i.r.e. posted:

I'm pretty sure that's 100% it, thanks! I don't remember Norman Reedus but I'm pretty sure this is exactly it.

He had a minor cameo at best IIRC. I'm guessing he gets listed first due to 'Hey! You guys all love him in the Walking Dead, right?' Oh God please watch my movie

...This may be the first time I actually had the correct answer for someone

franco
Jan 3, 2003

s.i.r.e. posted:

The second film is a horror title, that I think took place in Australia.

I don't have much information about this one, but I think the film was some girl taking a road trip in the outback and she ends up captured by somebody and ends up in this... fortress? kinda building where she's held by the bad dude. I don't remember if the evil guy is just some murderer or what, and I can't even remember a bad guy. Anyway, she breaks free of her bonds and ends up finding another girl who I think is pregnant and they try finding a way out and they both end up dying? Also, I think the initial girl might have been traveling with a male character and he gets captured as well and in the end he makes it out and is left wandering the desert. Now, I'm pretty sure someone's going to think this is Wolf Creek, but I love that film and this definitely isn't it. I however might be blending the two together, since Wolf Creek ends the same way with the male character wandering off in the desert. But the film I'm thinking about had this huge concrete building with high parameter walls and the architecture was brutalist, and it was the most memorable thing about the whole film.

Possibly The Clinic? Some details fit and the brutalist architecture rang my bells. It's utterly poo poo!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
No, there were no clowns involved as far as I recall.

It is quite possible this was just some made for tv thing that somehow got on a professionally copied vhs.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

World Famous W posted:

I could also be remembering a film wrong, but perhaps you are thinking of the Double Dragon movie?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

franco posted:

Possibly The Clinic? Some details fit and the brutalist architecture rang my bells. It's utterly poo poo!

I might be it and I probably melded more of Wolf Creek into it, because I seem to be way god drat off. I'll have to give it a watch, get upset at how terrible it is and just rewatch Wolf Creek. lol

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Two characters are fighting. One is made of some kind of liquid like the t-1000. Liquid person gets punched in the back and they shift through their liquid form to be facing the person that punched them.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Vince MechMahon posted:

Two characters are fighting. One is made of some kind of liquid like the t-1000. Liquid person gets punched in the back and they shift through their liquid form to be facing the person that punched them.

I actually think this is one of the other Terminator movies. Either 3 or Genysis.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Sure it's not just T2?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4D4usDVr5Y&t=30s

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

I can't find a clip on Youtube but I think Robert Patrick does this in the Double Dragon movie.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It was apparently Thor. Thanks all.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Vince MechMahon posted:

It was apparently Thor. Thanks all.

Thanks, it was bugging me too. I was sure I had seen it in a more recent movie but the Thor robot never occurred to me.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
A scene from a film class I had 5 years ago:

An actor is at the first table read for a play, but when they start he doesn’t hear any lines, just people tapping pencils, lighting cigarettes, etc. and it’s over quickly. It’s all shot with relatively quick cuts (looked like the 70s) and extreme close-ups.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

X-Ray Pecs posted:

A scene from a film class I had 5 years ago:

An actor is at the first table read for a play, but when they start he doesn’t hear any lines, just people tapping pencils, lighting cigarettes, etc. and it’s over quickly. It’s all shot with relatively quick cuts (looked like the 70s) and extreme close-ups.

All That Jazz.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
A cop film that I saw the first few minutes of on tv in the late 80s or very early 90s, all I remember is the cops breaching a door by sticking a metal bucket thing to it with suction cups and filling it with grenades.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

FitFortDanga posted:

All That Jazz.

That’s what I thought it was, but I wasn’t 100% certain. Thank you!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

An old western movie. Two men are in a confrontation, one man whips out his revolver, twirls it, reholsters it and then slaps the other guy.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

An old western movie. Two men are in a confrontation, one man whips out his revolver, twirls it, reholsters it and then slaps the other guy.

Are you maybe mixing up various bits of Tombstone?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

That was my first guess (the request is from a friend of mine), but he thought it was a much older movie, possibly black & white. That said, he was also drunk.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Possibly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C-fRdCmzDk

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

That was my first guess (the request is from a friend of mine), but he thought it was a much older movie, possibly black & white. That said, he was also drunk.

Terence Hill (the actor here) does this a lot in his films.
So it could be one of his others. Heres the best one I think though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNOn63T56dg

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'd google for this myself, but the cell reception in this restaurant is annoying me, and hopefully one post will go through where various searches haven't.

So this movie is being shown on mlb network right now apparently. Why, I have no idea. I think it's Clint Eastwood starring in the thing, but he's only on screen half the time. He got in a car accident earlier. There was a phone conversation about the Boston Red Sox. A young woman went out white people dancing to a fiddle band. I have no idea what this is or why it is.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

hexwren posted:

I'd google for this myself, but the cell reception in this restaurant is annoying me, and hopefully one post will go through where various searches haven't.

So this movie is being shown on mlb network right now apparently. Why, I have no idea. I think it's Clint Eastwood starring in the thing, but he's only on screen half the time. He got in a car accident earlier. There was a phone conversation about the Boston Red Sox. A young woman went out white people dancing to a fiddle band. I have no idea what this is or why it is.

Trouble with the Curve

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Origami Dali posted:

Trouble with the Curve

Thank you

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

A portion of the scene, particularly the part where he points to his gun then slaps the guy before drawing was used in a Sprint commercial some years back. Might be where the person asking may have seen it originally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speedofdark
Jun 25, 2003
Nobody knows you when you're a stupid newbie.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

There was also a bit like this in Sidekicks.

It starts right about here.