Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ChaseSP posted:

MSQ takes 40 minutes at worst if you get the second dungeon, 20 to 30 for Praetorium so if youre cool with afking for cutscenes its pretty good.

Pretty much this. I queue for MSQ roulette as whm, spam Holy at trash packs, and then afk during cutscenes. It's mindless but consistent chunks of poetics. Plus some moogle tomes this month if there's anything on that weird reward list you want and haven't already farmed for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Thundarr posted:

Pretty much this. I queue for MSQ roulette as whm, spam Holy at trash packs, and then afk during cutscenes. It's mindless but consistent chunks of poetics. Plus some moogle tomes this month if there's anything on that weird reward list you want and haven't already farmed for.

MSQ roulette as sch is great because I just make sure to tag something to be put in combat and let eos do everything while I watch whatever video I have on my second monitor. Sometimes I help DPS on bosses.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Rhonne posted:

I've never even touched Machinist before, so I don't know if it would be a good idea to level one up now or wait until the Shadowbringers revamp to do so.

current mch leveling experience is terrible, unless you plan to level solely through pvp or something

jury's still out on how leveling new mch will feel but it's hard to imagine they're going to make it worse, so i'd wait

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Is there any way to stop the daily roulette from doing super low level dungeons? It's fine now, but eventually I'd like to have more buttons than 1 and 2 to push while leveling.

If the answer is no... Well at least the early dungeons don't take too long.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

Is there any way to stop the daily roulette from doing super low level dungeons? It's fine now, but eventually I'd like to have more buttons than 1 and 2 to push while leveling.

If the answer is no... Well at least the early dungeons don't take too long.

If you do a roulette that has dungeons with iLvl requirements, you can lock out those higher dungeons by setting your iLvl lower before entering the queue.

The lowbie dungeons have no iLvl requirements, so that trick doesn't work there. It's okay though, because the early dungeons are so easy and you might be helping out some new players. They're a welcome break at times.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I don't think I've ever zoned into any sub-30 dungeon and thought "ah, finally, a nice break"

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Just llr as WAR and that way if you get a low level one it will go much faster because 1) you now have three dpses and 2) you have the mysterious art of 'attacking in an aoe' available to you unlike nearly everyone else

If you get a high level one congrats you get to play more WAR there too.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 3, 2019

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

Countblanc posted:

I don't think I've ever zoned into any sub-30 dungeon and thought "ah, finally, a nice break"

Ifrit, while not a dungeon is in the leveling roulette because it is only a 4man instance. Pretty nice when that comes up.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

It's a nice break as a SCH since in the sub 30 dungeons because the fairy is a better healer than you are.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

SettingSun posted:

It's a nice break as a SCH since in the sub 30 dungeons the fairy is a better healer than you are.

not after 5.0! :kheldragar:

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

We will still have our memories.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Countblanc posted:

I hate low level dungeons because most of my rotation no longer works and I just get thrown off hard

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Anyone got the hot tips on how to make the remaining 90 floors not suck so hard?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Countblanc posted:

It is distressing that before we got details they said one of their goals was to make the low level experience better, only for the tooltips to come out and oops, it still sucks for everyone except tanks.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Vitamean posted:

Anyone got the hot tips on how to make the remaining 90 floors not suck so hard?

Have hundreds of those refreshing potions. Keep them on cooldown when fighting.

If this is your first time in the high levels, read up on each enemy or watch someone do it. You don't want to be surprised when a gorilla crits you for 15K.

Hug the walls, always be on a look out for patrols, and make sure you can pull to safe areas.

You've still got 40 more floors until things get interesting so make sure your pomanders are in good shape.

Throne of Bhalz
Dec 11, 2003

Throwing a Hail Mary here - if any Aether goons are looking for a couple more folks for a static, please let me know. I'm either going to heal (all three at 70, formerly SCH :negative: ), MCH, or GNB once 5.0 hits. Friend is SAM. Available M - R after 8:00 p.m. EST.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
The Something Awful Forums > The MMO HMO > Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers: Become what you must, become... a rabbit.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

TulliusCicero posted:

I hate low level dungeons because most of my rotation no longer works and I just get thrown off hard

Real talk, the one thing I don't like about this game is losing access to abilities when you scale down in level. I would have much rather seen them just scale numbers while keeping skills intact.

I get that it might make scaled content easier, but the current system isn't more engaging or challenging - it just makes LDR, etc., more tedious. and actively makes leveling additional jobs less fun.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I generally don't mind losing abilities as I level sync except in the case of AST, where sub-30 you lose the ability to draw cards. And 1 dps spell and one DoT.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

SettingSun posted:

I generally don't mind losing abilities as I level sync except in the case of AST, where sub-30 you lose the ability to draw cards. And 1 dps spell and one DoT.

Back when I was leveling AST, the entire time from 30 to 50 I rolled a post-30 dungeon all of once.

Once I started running TDR and ADR I actually forgot about cards for a bit because I never had the chance to actually use them until then.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The only dungeons it'd have any real chance of messing up are the first like 3 since a newbie tank would have like 3 buttons or whatever and might lose aggro due to all the ogcds and poo poo the dps could bolt out. But I'm sure you could fix that by just lowering the emnity generated by non tanks in level synced content.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Throne of Bhalz posted:

Throwing a Hail Mary here - if any Aether goons are looking for a couple more folks for a static, please let me know. I'm either going to heal (all three at 70, formerly SCH :negative: ), MCH, or GNB once 5.0 hits. Friend is SAM. Available M - R after 8:00 p.m. EST.

Sent you a PM

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Have hundreds of those refreshing potions. Keep them on cooldown when fighting.

If this is your first time in the high levels, read up on each enemy or watch someone do it. You don't want to be surprised when a gorilla crits you for 15K.

Hug the walls, always be on a look out for patrols, and make sure you can pull to safe areas.

You've still got 40 more floors until things get interesting so make sure your pomanders are in good shape.

Generally where should my poms be at? So far I've kept things capped, but I wanted to stop opening chests soon since I can't knock out mimics before they pox anymore.

All good tips, though. Thanks!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Do they normally do a mechanics patch in advance of the expansion ala WoW? or is it "(pre)release day here's the patch have your new stuff enjoy."

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Kaubocks posted:

i want to say like a few months ago i made a post annoyed at people who join farm parties and abandon when the fight goes to enrage, or if the party wipes once because someone made a mistake

well since then i’ve done a complete 180 and i’ve become that person. at that time i had about one Ex Trial clear under my belt and was still learning. since then i’ve cleared every extreme except rathalos and several savage raids.

now when i join PF farm parties it becomes painfully obvious that people don’t know what they’re doing. they get flushed down the suzaku hole. they drop the tsukuyomi meteors in the wrong spots. they get slammed by seiryus shiki. hell, last night i was in a party that wiped to susano. and it’s so, so tiring. i look over at my parse and see that even as drk or war i’m #2 in damage. and then when the fight is over and you’ve barely won someone in chat goes “nice and clean!” despite half the party having multiple deaths

i should be happy that people are seeking out and clearing harder content, because i was that player once, but really i just want my dog farms to go faster.............. :negative:

anyway this isn’t related to anything just something i was thinking about recently and i realized i’ve become a jaded rear end in a top hat and i’m bored on my work commute and felt like :justpost:ing

To be fair, if I go "Good Fight" to a fight, it's usually because that fight was a hilarious 1 minute affair that was by all accounts, not good. If I say "Clean fight" It's usually a clusterfuck, and if I go "Good Work Team" I'm either dead or the team is dead.

Saying something the complete opposite of reality is funny for me.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Kurieg posted:

Do they normally do a mechanics patch in advance of the expansion ala WoW? or is it "(pre)release day here's the patch have your new stuff enjoy."

The latter. Those without early access get the pre-expansion patch feeling, at least for a few days.

I will say that ShB's press tour is the most detailed look at upcoming expansion class changes in FFXIV that I can recall.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

isk posted:

The latter. Those without early access get the pre-expansion patch feeling, at least for a few days.

I will say that ShB's press tour is the most detailed look at upcoming expansion class changes in FFXIV that I can recall.

I would guess it's because of the massive overhaul of the entire battle system

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
We still probably won't have release-accurate numbers on cooldowns/potencies/etc until they update the Job Guide site. I forget when they did it last time. During maintenance for early access I think?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I bought this for PS4 but had to make a whole new PSN account just to play because I guess, at some point years ago, I made a SE account to play a triall and can't remember any of the details for it. It's absurd, none of my secret question answers work despite none of that having possibly more than one answer. Sucks that I can't somehow unlink that old account and my main PSN account

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Countblanc posted:

I do! Because the game still gives me Dzemael Darkhold like 3/4 of the time when I run LDR! Stop stereotyping Duskwights Yoshida, I don't want to be in a lovely cave full of voidsent all the time.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I wonder what they'll cover at the E3 live letter. I don't remember what the SB E3 live letter was.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

I wonder what they'll cover at the E3 live letter. I don't remember what the SB E3 live letter was.

Probably side content like the new Eureka , minigames etc plus crafter changes

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

"We didn't forget about blitz ball, its coming out next week."

"Please be excited."

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ImpAtom posted:

also maybe a fan Q&A which I hope, for the first time in history, won't be the worst loving thing ever

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Azubah posted:

"We didn't forget about blitz ball, its coming out next week."

"Please be excited."

I'd be unironically incredibly excited.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, crafter stuff was explicitly left out of the press tours. Wasn't there some suggestion they wanted to further ease the whole need to be omni crafter? Plus we don't know much about the Ishgard reconstruction.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I hope the Ishgard reconstruction is like Doma so I can watch the progress. Its cool seeing everything come together gradually.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Azubah posted:

I hope the Ishgard reconstruction is like Doma so I can watch the progress. Its cool seeing everything come together gradually.

Reasonable expectation. It'd mirror beast tribes as well, and the community's responded favorably to both.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Azubah posted:

It'll almost certainly at least clean up the Brume and Foundation in general. Hard to say if it'll mess with the Pillars at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Finally Hilda will have a house.