Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I ran over my finger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

At gym lost fingat post mote later.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

flakeloaf posted:

normal country.png
Serious question, is there any statistic where Indigenous folks aren't on the lovely end of the stick? Do they at least have lower rates of Alzheimer's or something? Goddamn.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Trapick posted:

Serious question, is there any statistic where Indigenous folks aren't on the lovely end of the stick? Do they at least have lower rates of Alzheimer's or something? Goddamn.
Everyone complains about their benefits but no one would ever trade position.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Trapick posted:

The early mortality rates tends to gently caress up the statistics.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

cowofwar posted:

Everyone complains about their benefits but no one would ever trade position.

100% of my nieces and nephews are indigenous for the purpose of benefits and such, I kinda wish my kids qualified too. Just a matter of slightly different spouse selection, we all grew up together.

James Baud fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jun 3, 2019

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

James Baud posted:

100% of my nieces and nephews are indigenous for the purpose of benefits and such, I kinda wish my kids qualified too. Just a matter of slightly different spouse selection, we all grew up together.

A new family sitcom about an extended family of 6-1s and 6-2s.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/vtoriaaa/status/1135263482809606145?s=21

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I need that explained to me.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
This tweet is unavailable.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

MoaM posted:

I need that explained to me.

The ontario cons sent their members out to take pictures of grocery shelf space that could be beer

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I appreciate they are making fun of the terrible CPC social media strategy, but on the other hand the beer store is super terrible garbage / cronyism and should be shut down.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
"Alright, now look natural"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lmao what
https://twitter.com/EricGrenierCBC/status/1135881828890488833

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/Travisdhanraj/status/1135905793667149825

This entire thing is so dumb. The name-and-shame format of the article is 💯

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
The Ford government is so exhaustingly dumb, and we’re going to get the Federal equivalent with Scheer in the fall.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Entropic posted:

The Ford government is so exhaustingly dumb, and we’re going to get the Federal equivalent with Scheer in the fall.

Doug is doing more than anybody at this point to make sure that doesn't happen.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/11358942801811128
🙃🙃

Alizee
Mar 2, 2006

"Heaven"

Doesn't exist anymore.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/legal-group-to-go-to-court-after-bible-camps-denied-federal-summer-jobs-grant-1.4450909

quote:

A legal group says it's suing the federal government over its denial of a Canada summer jobs grant to bible camps in Ontario and Nova Scotia.

The Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms says it will back an action on behalf of Bible Centered Ministries International, which runs a camp near Omemee, Ont., west of Peterborough, and another in Cooks Brook, northeast of Halifax.

The federal Department of Human Resources and Social Development declined comment on the camps' specific application, but says in an email that the department refuses applications if the organization's activities "work to undermine or restrict" a woman's right to abortion.

It says applicants were given the opportunity to provide added information on their projects and "needed to demonstrate that they didn't include ineligible activities."

A news release signed by John Carpay, the leader of the Justice Centre, says Mount Traber Bible Camp and Mill Stream Bible Camp have received the job grant money for over a decade, but Service Canada rejected its most recent applications on May 2, and there isn't a clear indication of why.

Carpay says his group will ask the court for a declaration that the minister's decisions were unreasonable, and unreasonably interfere with the camps' rights to religious freedom.

Sorry champ, your religious freedom doesn't give you the right to accept public funds for a program that violates the Charter. God must have tons of money; have you tried praying for a grant?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

flakeloaf posted:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/legal-group-to-go-to-court-after-bible-camps-denied-federal-summer-jobs-grant-1.4450909

Sorry champ, your religious freedom doesn't give you the right to accept public funds for a program that violates the Charter. God must have tons of money; have you tried praying for a grant?

Holy gently caress lmao I hope the judge destroys then

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

flakeloaf posted:

For those of you who don't recognize the group, the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms are the clowns who tried and failed to help Trinity Western get its homophobic law school up and running.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

And John Carpay is the dude that compared Jason Kenney to Rosa Parks because he opposed GSAs.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

flakeloaf posted:

I remember the local news here was criticizing the Federal Government for not giving the local christian youth group these funds while conveniently leaving out the fact that they used the money previously to protest abortion and the like. I was loving livid

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Albino Squirrel posted:

I don't think this was posted before the Edmonton Journal took it down... or before the Belleville Intelligencer, of all papers, took it down. For backstory, Postmedia has been openly courting Jason Kenney to get in on their 'war room' to advocate for Alberta oil. Mikula is an Edmonton arts guy. Apologies if this was already here but I couldn't find it in the last week of posts in the Canada threads or in the search function.

Tim Mikula is great. I was reading this on the same day Kenney's team cancelled all their gas-station "getting rid of the carbon tax" photo ops because the wildfire smoke was too bad.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jun 5, 2019

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Everybody has this one friend who absolutely MUST twist every news item into a story about things that actually matter to him. And then there's fuckin' Toby.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
It's not a parody?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Real, now deleted, tweet from the MPP for Haldimand-Norfolk.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

"Is this what my Grandad died for? The freedom to do this?

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
In Germany, you can buy beer at the corner store and then drink it in the street out front. Just sayin.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Now who's the real nazis?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Postess with the Mostest posted:

In Germany, you can buy beer at the corner store and then drink it in the street out front. Just sayin.

yeah and if you go to a park everyone is drinking beer and then just leaving their empties laying on the ground because homeless people will come and pick them up and return them for the deposit, and they see this as progressive charity instead of lazy littering

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
loving D-Day. Second only to VE Day for bringing out the jingoists. You get some bad ones around Remembrance Day as well but they're usually drowned out by other people.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

vyelkin posted:

yeah and if you go to a park everyone is drinking beer and then just leaving their empties laying on the ground because homeless people will come and pick them up and return them for the deposit, and they see this as progressive charity instead of lazy littering

Correct, it's pretty rad.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

vyelkin posted:

I see you have also visited Trinity Bellwoods on a weekday

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
lol i just looked up that toby guy and he's been a mpp for 24 loving years and he still doesnt know how not to put his foot in his mouth

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Correct, it's pretty rad.

In Spain there’s also homeless entrepreneurs who will buy cold beer in a store and then sell it to you in the park, it’s pretty great.

I remember one time I asked for an ashtray at a restaurant when I was eating and drinking outside, and I was literally told to throw the butts on the ground because they have hired a man to sweep up discarded butts and if they gave out ashtrays he’d have nothing to do. Europe is an interesting place.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
holy gently caress i can't wait for the pc's to get hosed in the next election.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/ford-government-announces-one-percent-annual-wage-cap-on-public-sector-workers/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Amazing post/avatar combo.