Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine

Bakanogami posted:

Characters from EoR show up in events, and there are a couple of plot hooks that lead into part 2, but their main story isn’t really referenced too closely, and they’re never used as a story lock requirement.

If you’ve got Solomon cleared, you’re good on story locks for the next year.

Not true, EoR has a few story locks! Emiya Alter, Rider of Resistance, Danzou, Yagu, and Caster Of Midrash! Each EoR chapter has at least one story locked servant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

by story locks there i think they mean that EoR chapter progress is never used as a requirement for an event

Raven9686
Feb 17, 2012
so when we get to lost belts does that mean EOR is not needed?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Raven9686 posted:

so when we get to lost belts does that mean EOR is not needed?

yep, you only need to complete Solomon in order to start the Lostbelts

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
EoR not being required becomes more merciful as a lot of the current JP events require clearing all the 2.0 story events.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I just finished Shinjuku and ( spoilers ahoy! :siren: ) it was pretty rad. Crime Grandad's multi-layered plan was very Kira from Death Note-y, and kicking his rear end with the help of other fictional detectives was a very "gently caress Yeah!" moment. Jalter and Altria Alter's final goodbyes were both kinda corny but this game can sure as hell get away with it when they make them so damned likable. Good stuff! Can't wait for the next one.

That's the story so far done! I rank them:

Babylonia > Camelot > Solomon > Shinjuku > Okeanos > America > Fukuyi > London > Orleans > about a mile of poo poo > Septem

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
https://twitter.com/FateGO_USA/status/1135623471684366342

Onigashima on June 6th.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
New players need to grab whatever god-tier supports they can and use as many apples as they need to for Lvl80/NP5 Ridertoki, he's god-tier.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Pierson posted:

New players need to grab whatever god-tier supports they can and use as many apples as they need to for Lvl80/NP5 Ridertoki, he's god-tier.

This.

I'm hoping to grab mama berserker. I don't like her design but she's undeniably powerful.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Pierson posted:

I have Ozy and almost never use him because Rider Kintoki is so much easier to use and does a shitton of damage at NP5.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

kintoki, euryale, and a friend jack/king hassan should sort new players for the raids tbh

it was the first event i did after starting and got kintoki fine, but i def benefitted from raising euryale during it

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
yeah euryale shoots the first oni right in his balls.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

By the way, we're getting rare prisms from Ridertoki if we already have him, correct?

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Omobono posted:

By the way, we're getting rare prisms from Ridertoki if we already have him, correct?

That wasn't introduced in JP until, IIRC, the rerun of Christmas 3, so no free gold cubes unless they're moving that about a year and a half up for us.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I've finally started Shinjuku, and ALREADY Dantes is being the edgiest edgelord he can be. You think he's the type to get embarrassed when someone else walks in and sees him monologuing, or does he just become louder?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Gologle posted:

I've finally started Shinjuku, and ALREADY Dantes is being the edgiest edgelord he can be. You think he's the type to get embarrassed when someone else walks in and sees him monologuing, or does he just become louder?

he now has an audience so he goes up to 11

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

dogsicle posted:

kintoki, euryale, and a friend jack/king hassan should sort new players for the raids tbh

it was the first event i did after starting and got kintoki fine, but i def benefitted from raising euryale during it

Shiki gets a damage bonus for the event, so putting her up as support for the rider oni is probably a good idea

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ohhh yeah, i guess because i don't have her she just doesn't come to mind. drat shame kiri doesn't get his interlude until just after, otherwise he'd be a good pick too

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Gologle posted:

the latter, which is why he's good

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
*picks up the entire thread by the scruff of its shirt* when and how do i acquire sherlock holmes as my new magic spirit friend

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Bogart posted:

*picks up the entire thread by the scruff of its shirt* when and how do i acquire sherlock holmes as my new magic spirit friend

His banner is coming.

I got him on JP and he's great and my friend.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Bogart posted:

Holmes is the banner servant for the second anniversary, which we'll probably get around the start of July. According to the calendar, he'll have solo rateups at the beginning and end of a roughly two and a half week period, and some other banners in between where he'll either be tacked on to paired singularity banners or appear alongside Da Vinci.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Gologle posted:

He is way more of an Edgelord in the Prison tower event.
Which is what made me realize early on that it's not him in Shinjuku

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I'm in Chapter 8 now and I've also come to that conclusion. And I am 100% certain I know who it is too.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Gologle posted:

I'm in Chapter 8 now and I've also come to that conclusion. And I am 100% certain I know who it is too.

It's Mephisto.

It's always Mephisto.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
friends, I have finally scraped together enough feathers to final-ascension Suzuka Gozen or Ibaraki Douji. who do i pick

e: i looked at what their final cards look like and ibaraki's is better. suzuka's outfit is lame when she leaves behind the high school uniform + hat

Bogart fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jun 4, 2019

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you better swipe right

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
I feel so bad for Caster Oni in the upcoming Onigashima. He resists Quick cards... and I have Ozy + Double Merlin.

Feel the Buster Apocalypse.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Raikou laughs in +100%atk against everything.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I can tell you from experience, he doesn't resist Quick cards enough to save him from Ridertoki.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

just toss some beans at the man

mostly I'm just bummed that i procrastinated raising medb because running her with ozy and double merlin would've owned

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

That poor Caster Oni's gonna get run over by so many chariots in pursuit of those gold Caster gems.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

LB4... stream announcement
https://news.fate-go.jp/2019/yuga-kshetra/

it's 6/15 and the chapter may/may not launch after the stream

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I heard the new lostbelt is coming in mid-june.

Edit: drat it dog

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Shiny777 posted:

That poor Caster Oni's gonna get run over by so many chariots in pursuit of those gold Caster gems.

Motorcycles. So many GOLDEN DRIVEs sq

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The rerun will be massively easier than the original because Kintoki will not be locked to first ascension (or thereabouts) and NP1, and he gets by far the biggest damage bonus along with Raikou. There were some 10/10/10 lv90+ Raikous around the first time but they were much rarer than they are now. There are also a ton of damage CEs; people will have at least one MLB Sumo (I'm shooting for three by event end, I'm just one drop away from having that many). And that isn't even factoring in the party boost CEs and the beans which will make an already-easy event ridiculous.

Anyone who is new just has to grab either a hard counter servant (like Euryale) or one of the hundreds of NP5 Kintokis or a Raikou and this will be a complete stomp.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Nakar posted:

The rerun will be massively easier than the original because Kintoki will not be locked to first ascension (or thereabouts) and NP1, and he gets by far the biggest damage bonus along with Raikou. There were some 10/10/10 lv90+ Raikous around the first time but they were much rarer than they are now. There are also a ton of damage CEs; people will have at least one MLB Sumo (I'm shooting for three by event end, I'm just one drop away from having that many). And that isn't even factoring in the party boost CEs and the beans which will make an already-easy event ridiculous.

Anyone who is new just has to grab either a hard counter servant (like Euryale) or one of the hundreds of NP5 Kintokis or a Raikou and this will be a complete stomp.

I can't wait to get my second Sumo. I've been saving up a bunch of CE Bombs just for it, so I can level it up to 100 to match my first maxed out Golden Sumo. That CE is seriously one of the top contenders for best CE in the game.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Pierson posted:

I'm happy this is the next event, since he's very good and is one of the 4*s I grailed to 90 in JP.

I wish I had enough XP to grind up Shuten for the event, though I have several of the +60% servants (namely Amakusa, Caster Tamamo, and Hijikata*). On the upside, I have some really strong Raikous on my support list.

* Speaking of Hijikata, I find him a lot of fun to use, even though he's apparently not ranked that high in "tier lists" or whatever. He can put out really big numbers if his health gets low and you have stars.

Lynkericious posted:

Not true, EoR has a few story locks! Emiya Alter, Rider of Resistance, Danzou, Yagu, and Caster Of Midrash! Each EoR chapter has at least one story locked servant.

Huh? I have Emiya Alter despite having not done any EoR chapters, though.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

He's been on rate-up twice already, and one of those was the second CCC banner. So it's not that odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

he was also in valentine banners iirc, since i think he spooked me there