Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The one thing I can't figure out is what that percentage is on the title screen next to the clock.

Your battery lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

WaltherFeng posted:

Mabinogi Duel was a fun card game I used to play. Too bad Nexon, uh, shut it down.

So their stuff is not inherently bad, I guess.

Oh no, I'm not saying that the content of their games is bad, it's more how they manage them, nickle-and-diming with app purchases etc.

Or even outside the mobile space, e.g. shutting down Dungeon Fighter Online and the developers (Neople) going "gently caress it, we'll just run it ourselves".

So it depends on how much influence they'll have on the SinoAlice game proper.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Can you still do the skill spam soulstone farming in BB, or is that no longer available? I've been trying to find one of the soulstone making skill modifiers in Turbulence but I'm not running into it.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Dragongem posted:

Can you still do the skill spam soulstone farming in BB, or is that no longer available? I've been trying to find one of the soulstone making skill modifiers in Turbulence but I'm not running into it.

It is, they are just pretty rare. I had to run through like 6 times before I finally got one and got set up.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The one thing I can't figure out is what that percentage is on the title screen next to the clock.

Your phone battery

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

hooah posted:

Man, zone three in Archero is a piece of poo poo. Out of maybe five attempts so far I've only made it past the first room once. It's going to take forever to get through at this rate, since I'm only getting the initial spin coins.

World 2 whoops my rear end :(

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Every world has whooped my rear end, and then I get some magical game where I only get dps upgrades. I finally cleared world 3 with like 2 damage 2 crit 2 aspd, a multishot, ricochet, and bouncy wall with side and diagonals arrows. Flooded the screen with projectiles.

Seems like all the fun upgrades like elements and orbs are strictly inferior to good ol' dps.

Slow projectiles is also a superstar upgrade. Doesn't have any visual effects but you do notice how much easier it is to dodge double spitting plant boss.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Is there anything that increases your movement speed in Archero? The character feels a bit sluggish for the amount of projectiles it needs to dodge.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
My biggest problem right now is that filling the screen with spinning boomerangs has made it nearly impossible to see the stuff i'm supposed to be trying to get out of the way of. I made it to some gigantic Contra-esque dragon boss in World 3 that I didn't have enough health to figure out the patterns of before the run ended.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Do you like AR games, like Pokémon Go? Do you like the Dragon Quest series? Then check out DragonQuest Walk.

We can hope it comes to the West, but only time will tell...

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Dawn of Isles comes out in 2 hours, it looks legit af i'm gonna try it

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netease.hdjygb

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Kheldarn posted:

Do you like AR games, like Pokémon Go? Do you like the Dragon Quest series? Then check out DragonQuest Walk.

Where's my Megaten Go at drat it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Phyresis posted:

Yeah I saw this and had no interest.

Is that Kumamon? Fine I'll try it

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

hey we're rolling on DreamFall, it's the new server that is coming up in 11 hours (7:30 AM EST 6/4/2019)

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 4, 2019

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

New Leaf posted:

My biggest problem right now is that filling the screen with spinning boomerangs has made it nearly impossible to see the stuff i'm supposed to be trying to get out of the way of. I made it to some gigantic Contra-esque dragon boss in World 3 that I didn't have enough health to figure out the patterns of before the run ended.

the world 3 boss is the dragon, he has three main attacks from memory. one of them spawns rows of lightning htat move down the screen that you hvae to dodge, another shoots a bunch of slow bouncing lightning projectiles and the third he bites forwards and spawns the same projectiles. i had the most near successes (and eventually got him) from standing sort of halfway along the bottom left wall of the arena

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mr Hootington posted:

Is that Kumamon? Fine I'll try it

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Phyresis posted:

I'm trying to play this but I can't even log in. Is this a general issue or is something wrong on my end? I've tried clearing data/cache

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
I think I've figured it out - f you quit and restart in Archer, you lose buffs acquired from the wheel. I lost a Blaze and a Crit++ in two separate runs from rerolling the tree in zone 4.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

The new server for the Android launch of Dawn of Isles is up, roll on DreamFall. I made a Dancer named Shadow

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Phyresis posted:

Still in Pre Reg for me in the UK.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

pray for my aunt posted:

I think I've figured it out - f you quit and restart in Archer, you lose buffs acquired from the wheel. I lost a Blaze and a Crit++ in two separate runs from rerolling the tree in zone 4.

That actually seems like a fair tradeoff. You can reroll bosses but at the cost of the bonus upgrades.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Dawn of Isles fuckin owns btw

it's super polished and fun

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Is anyone playing Marvel Battle Lines? If so, is there a thread?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

pray for my aunt posted:

I'm not sure if I'm in zone 4 or 5 but the difficulty definitely took a pretty noticeable spike after that dungeon with enemy waves.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Phyresis posted:

Dawn of Isles fuckin owns btw

it's super polished and fun

Whuts it all about?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
It seems to be some kind of MMO with building and crafting elements in it? I made a warmage on on DreamFall called Gimbal.

The anime voice acting is extremely grating, however.

Montalvo fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jun 4, 2019

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

That trailer owns owns owns owns.

I'm mild on the gameplay so idk about actually playing it.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Montalvo posted:

It seems to be some kind of MMO with building and crafting elements in it? I made a warmage on on DreamFall called Gimbal.

The anime voice acting is extremely grating, however.

Who plays games with sounds on anyway?

Like others have said, this is easily one of the most polished and well fleshed-out MMOs I've seen on the phone. And it doesn't (so far) look like the gameplay is 95% idling on auto-attack like some others (*cough* L2R). Give it a go if you're on the fence.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Started up a Hunter named Hilarity. Seems cute so far. It being published by NetEase gives me some worry though, considering how hard they hosed up Crusaders of Light.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

overseer07 posted:

Started up a Hunter named Hilarity. Seems cute so far. It being published by NetEase gives me some worry though, considering how hard they hosed up Crusaders of Light.

I was just commenting to my friend how much this looks/feels like CoL but I guess that's just pretty standard for most of these games and CoL was the last/only other one I've played. How did they gently caress up that game? I actually kinda liked the auto-questing stuff that was in there.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Dodoman posted:

I'm trying to play this but I can't even log in. Is this a general issue or is something wrong on my end? I've tried clearing data/cache

Turns out blokada was blocking the login pop-up somehow. Started a fighter on dreamfall

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Created a Dancer call Selan on Dreamfall

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

explosivo posted:

I was just commenting to my friend how much this looks/feels like CoL but I guess that's just pretty standard for most of these games and CoL was the last/only other one I've played. How did they gently caress up that game? I actually kinda liked the auto-questing stuff that was in there.

I played it for quite a while. Eventually they hit the P2W REALLY hard when subscriber numbers started to fall. Meanwhile, they kept introducing new game modes that continually introduced game breaking bugs that never got fixed. Introduced new massively overpowered classes while refusing to rebalance old ones to keep up. Fired their community team so the was zero support on their spam infested forums. You know, the usual.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
I started Dawn of Isles on Dreamfall. Look me up: SuperRad

It's pretty fun so far and doesn't seem super P2W plus the combat controls are smooth. I love their AoE spell controls and the way certain spell interact with other (ex Fire + Poison = Explosion!). I enjoy the relaxed gathering and stuff it has as well. Apparently auto unlocks at 20 but that should help out while I'm at work dicking around. I don't think you can successfully auto dungeons due to the way combat works but gathering might be night to have auto for.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Boy this game looks and runs fantastic on my phone with everything maxed out but I think it'd kill my battery dead in under 30 minutes. It's not great as it is on lower settings but on 60fps mode forget about it.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Kheldarn posted:

does it still use the music from the japanese nazi guy?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
So for Dawn of isles, I'm a dancer named Parf (thought I'd be a healer class since those tend to be rare but apparently everyone is playing one?) How long until we can make a goon guild or tribe or whatever?

Edit: every class has a role of DPS lol

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 5, 2019

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Morpheus posted:

So for Dawn of isles, I'm a dancer named Parf (thought I'd be a healer class since those tend to be rare but apparently everyone is playing one?) How long until we can make a goon guild or tribe or whatever?

Edit: every class has a role of DPS lol

Once you enter the city you can create a tribe, but it costs 1,000,000 coins

EDIT: I can actually create a tribe now unless someone else is already on top of it. Just need a name.
EDIT 2: Hopped into Elite until more people show up

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jun 5, 2019

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

overseer07 posted:

I played it for quite a while. Eventually they hit the P2W REALLY hard when subscriber numbers started to fall. Meanwhile, they kept introducing new game modes that continually introduced game breaking bugs that never got fixed. Introduced new massively overpowered classes while refusing to rebalance old ones to keep up. Fired their community team so the was zero support on their spam infested forums. You know, the usual.

I have to wonder... given that gaming is a massive industry and has been for decades, who the hell makes these decisions thinking 'this is exactly how we make more money', despite countless examples of this poo poo not working at all? Meanwhile, games like LoL, Fortnite, and the other F2P-pay-only-for-cosmetic-poo poo games are taking the gently caress off (and honestly, good on them!) and making so much money it's obscene.

How can even the money-centric suits at the top of the chain who don't give a poo poo about actual gaming not know how this works now? :psyduck: People, the formula is there, no one really seems to mind, and it's loving working... and you do this bullshit that almost always fails. I just don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

yes fortnite makes lots of money but does it make scrooge mcduck swimming pools of money??? i'm sure if we just kill and open up the golden goose there will be more golden eggs than if we just let it keep laying