Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoldenJoe
Aug 9, 2006
Was looking at the patch notes and

quote:

Pathologic 2 Patch 3
5. Visual Fixes:
- burned people now produce prettier smoke

They are working on what truly matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is it possible to run from a mugger then go into stealth and beat them down? My knives are broken but I can just ko them if they don't run if you're doing that.

Though I have bigger problems now anyway

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 31, 2019

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Made it to day 9 and ah what is this waiting in the theater quest. Are you supposed to do something or does the situation just eventually resolve itself? I already auto-failed it by walking out after the hour passed. On a happier note I finally managed to max out the fund and sweet mother of food. :swoon:

EDIT: Eh and there's the first death which rebooted me all the way back to the start of the day.-- That's what I get for feeling in control of immunity, food and water for the first time ever. Punched from full health to dead by three dudes in less than 15 seconds.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 31, 2019

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

RBA Starblade posted:

Is it possible to run from a mugger then go into stealth and beat them down? My knives are broken but I can just ko them if they don't run if you're doing that.

Though I have bigger problems now anyway

just run into a building, stealth, and walk back out. its pretty gamey though

MiddleOne posted:

Made it to day 9 and ah what is this waiting in the theater quest. Are you supposed to do something or does the situation just eventually resolve itself? I already auto-failed it by walking out after the hour passed. On a happier note I finally managed to max out the fund and sweet mother of food. :swoon:

EDIT: Eh and there's the first death which rebooted me all the way back to the start of the day.-- That's what I get for feeling in control of immunity, food and water for the first time ever. Punched from full health to dead by three dudes in less than 15 seconds.

they come back if you wait an extra 15 mins

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Verviticus posted:

just run into a building, stealth, and walk back out. its pretty gamey though

Thanks, I'll do that from now on; it's my only real complaint about the game's mechanics. At least take a breath guys jesus

e: this fund better have food immediately when I get back on tonight, and boosters

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 21:04 on May 31, 2019

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
you can also aggro dudes, block to charge your stamina, run past them, and then around 1/3 full, block to charge it up again before they de-aggro. lets you zoom around town a bit faster

in terms of loot, pocketwatches, rings and bracelets are all worth a lot of money and twyrine is common and sells for a little bit

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've only seen one of those once and I traded it for meat I already ate :v:

If I get hyperfucked I'll still see things through though, but I'm already considering a second run to see stuff I'm inevitably missing.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'm kinda stuck on the termitary, killing the 4 roaming kin just seems impossible bar incomprehensible luck when all you have to work with is the dagger. First death was just one of them running at me alone, surviving 4 stabs to the face and then punching me to death in three measly hits. Second deaths I tried to sneak (very effective for the first kill) but then one of them came running from the top floor before I got the chance to stab another. Three of them punched me to death

How are you supposed to do this? I presume the list is in danger if I just leave and let time pass but this just seems impossible without firearms.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

fighting spoilers: you should be able to engage them one at a time. if you cant, just aggro the pack and run until three of them gently caress off. a knife or menhku's finger should take them out in two stabs. never use the slash

i think i had a knife and its just bam bam over and over. i never had to fight two at once

avoidance spoilers light: there is another solution. you do not need to engage them at the termitary. the kin will respect something other than strength
avoidance spoilers heavy: if you ignore them there, like a day and a half later oyun will want to talk to you. the thing he gets you to do will let you resolve the apostates without fighting

very minor observations about the list: in general it should be noted that the list is almost fully exclusive from the story, and failing objectives does not necessarily force you to miss everything past it. unless your list is explicitly threatened, they are not threatened

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jun 1, 2019

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I don't know about the list but the game is pretty clearly designed as a whole that you can miss or fail a lot and life goes on as long as you do. Probably should at least try to keep the kids alive though (and your buss).

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Any safe house to store poo poo early on? I'm at Lara Ravel's house at 11AM on day 1 and already out of inventory space.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fat Samurai posted:

Any safe house to store poo poo early on? I'm at Lara Ravel's house at 11AM on day 1 and already out of inventory space.

You'll get one in a couple days but until then no

GoldenJoe
Aug 9, 2006

Fat Samurai posted:

I put some stuff in her cabinet and it's still there a couple days later.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Yeah it seems that the houses of important people now have permanent storage, thanks to a patch.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

By the way, The alarm bells going off and blowing out the subwoofer while the tragedians guide your way as the plague descends is one of the most intense moments I've had in a game.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Hey so if I couldn't get the cure for the plague out of the brewer before 7:30 hit on Day 7, is that questline screwed up?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Hey so if I couldn't get the cure for the plague out of the brewer before 7:30 hit on Day 7, is that questline screwed up?

no, but the game is a lot harder that way. im also pretty sure (late day 7 spoilers) this gets rubin killed

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Do I need to be holding on to this leash for anything? I've forgotten if it's necessary for something.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

Do I need to be holding on to this leash for anything? I've forgotten if it's necessary for something.

You really want it for the mid-days for very specific bartering purposes.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MiddleOne posted:

You really want it for the mid-days for very specific bartering purposes.

Thanks, was just going to store it but I'll keep it around.

e: Do I only sell fresh organs? I can't brew with them so I guess they're just for Var?

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 2, 2019

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

healthy organs are for money yeah

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm rich b*tch

Also lmao that the plague mummies hadouken disease at you. I shanked ones for their sweet, sweet organs which broke my last scalpel because I traded the one straight razor in Russia for bullshit two days earlier. I did knock out two muggers too though so hell yeah all your advice helped (I am absolutely not giving a poo poo about the ones in my house).

Based on this doomometer though it looks like everyone with the last name of Olgimskiy is about to take one for the team because I'm out of stuff because I forgot to get some blood lol oops

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jun 2, 2019

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
I just reached day 4 and things are looking bleak. I'm gonna take it as far as I can but I don't have enough of anything.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

hadouken disease at you.

Need to replace the word sneeze with this phrase in my life effective immediately.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Do barter prices change as time goes on?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Fat Samurai posted:

Do barter prices change as time goes on?

It definitely feels like some of the children's barter profiles change after the plague is properly introduced, but not really bar that.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

ahhh gently caress lol if you die too often the guy that offers you the deal extremely fucks you over in maybe the best faustian bargain i’ve ever seen in a video fame

IPL rocks so hard

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
So I loving love this game. My bf was a big fan of the first one and I love watching him play it. Wasn't a big fan of the first one, but depression and long breaks were quite a big reason for that. The second one improves almost every aspect. I really like the pacing and unsettling moments, as first game just threw you into it and there wasn't really that many interesting events.

I want to play along while trying to find different things and drink booze as often as possible to find all of those "the town calls you" spots.
Now, my PC sucks, so my only opportunity is to play it on his, and I want to ask a simple question: are there save slots? Like what happens if you start a new game? Because I'd really like to play it myself, too, but I'm really wary of the game just saving over his progress on the 3rd day. And if the game doesn't support it, what if I family-share our steam accounts and play it under mine. Are there separate saves on multiple accounts?
I've never done anything like that, so I don't want to accidentally reset progress. Not that it's hard to get back, it's just interesting to see where our gently caress-ups get us.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Vookatos posted:

So I loving love this game. My bf was a big fan of the first one and I love watching him play it. Wasn't a big fan of the first one, but depression and long breaks were quite a big reason for that. The second one improves almost every aspect. I really like the pacing and unsettling moments, as first game just threw you into it and there wasn't really that many interesting events.

I want to play along while trying to find different things and drink booze as often as possible to find all of those "the town calls you" spots.
Now, my PC sucks, so my only opportunity is to play it on his, and I want to ask a simple question: are there save slots? Like what happens if you start a new game? Because I'd really like to play it myself, too, but I'm really wary of the game just saving over his progress on the 3rd day. And if the game doesn't support it, what if I family-share our steam accounts and play it under mine. Are there separate saves on multiple accounts?
I've never done anything like that, so I don't want to accidentally reset progress. Not that it's hard to get back, it's just interesting to see where our gently caress-ups get us.

Each run has its own set of save files I'm pretty sure so you can both go through it.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

Each run has its own set of save files I'm pretty sure so you can both go through it.

Ah, thank you! Gonna try and do it, then! Extremely curious about some of the things we missed.
First thing I'm doing? Getting a loving house and rubbing my face all over that black poo poo in the bath. Then maybe take a swing at the bull to see if he just cuts up into meat. Gonna do a bit more of a Renegade path

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Vookatos posted:

Ah, thank you! Gonna try and do it, then! Extremely curious about some of the things we missed.
First thing I'm doing? Getting a loving house and rubbing my face all over that black poo poo in the bath. Then maybe take a swing at the bull to see if he just cuts up into meat. Gonna do a bit more of a Renegade path

Just kill everyone.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I was considering shanking my cow pal too to see what happens, let us know :v:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

please do not hurt wonder bull

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

I backed this but never played the original. Played the demo and now I'm starting for real. But I'm the savescumming kind, this game intimidates me. :ohdear:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

mark makes it pretty clear you should do everything in your power to avoid dying so save scumming seems fine

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Verviticus posted:

mark makes it pretty clear you should do everything in your power to avoid dying so save scumming seems fine

At the same time there's a scene the first time you die where Mark berates the hell out of you for being so stupid and explains the death mechanic in wonderfully verbose terms. Seriously, the dialogue is a joy to read and interpret, it's like playing the Malkavian route from VtM:B except everyone else is Malkavian and they won't tell you everything goddamn it.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I feel like I've made at least five deals with the devil over the course of decisions I've made playing this game.

Is there anywhere I can get those (Day 7 spoilers) coupons you use to buy food once the Inquisitor comes

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

you get em from the dead item shop on day 6 and town hall a girl gives a handful to you. you also get 5 or so if you get a good fund, maybe less if youre a loser

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Absolutely hosed by RNG.

Somfin posted:

At the same time there's a scene the first time you die where Mark berates the hell out of you for being so stupid and explains the death mechanic in wonderfully verbose terms. Seriously, the dialogue is a joy to read and interpret, it's like playing the Malkavian route from VtM:B except everyone else is Malkavian and they won't tell you everything goddamn it.
Please die a ton and read all the Mark dialogue because localizing that fucker's monologues in a way that was cryptic and verbose-but-natural-and-not-terrible-sounding, while also being faithful to the nuanced meaning of the philosophy of the Russian lines, was a huge ordeal. If I catch anyone savescumming you're dead for real.

Star Guarded fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Star Guarded posted:

Please die a ton and read all the Mark dialogue because localizing that fucker's monologues in a way that was cryptic and verbose-but-natural-and-not-terrible-sounding, while also being faithful to the nuanced meaning of the philosophy of the Russian lines, was a huge ordeal. If I catch anyone savescumming you're dead for real.

i despise mark in p2 which is weird cause i didnt mind him in p1 so i dont know if that means you did a good job or not but hes such a fucker!!

maybe mark shouldnt tell people to savescum