Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Patch Notes posted:

Second, the Endgame update is not yet over.

Additional updates and contents, including “Skill” improvements are being prepared and Improvements include, but are not limited to, character skill modifications coming in mid-July.

Interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

The Dave posted:

Those Shadowlands rewards are great for my motivation. I hope I get lucky with Jeans realize potential.

If Wolverine is any indication I'll be T3ing her sometime in fuckin' August.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah and I have like 400 gift bios that expire in 3 days.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Applied to join Worst Alliance using the name 'brokenbread'

Don't know if that was the right thing to do, I've only read the OP so far and wasted a bunch of free poo poo ranking up a character that I then got as a quest reward a few hours later.

Oh well

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I’m updating the OP. That’s a fine call. Marble Hebrons and Doctor Goons are solid choices as well. :)

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Update is live on App Store. What time does maintenance end?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

2am EST / 11pm PST

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

starkebn posted:

Applied to join Worst Alliance using the name 'brokenbread'

Don't know if that was the right thing to do, I've only read the OP so far and wasted a bunch of free poo poo ranking up a character that I then got as a quest reward a few hours later.

Oh well

I'll accept your app, though I think we're the only two goons left in Worst - but happy to have you aboard.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I blindly bought Jeans outfit out of excitement and I have to say I don’t like these skills compared to the old ones.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I bought Storm's uni and while she's better, she's still not great. I'm struggling with her on Maw 20

Maybe I just need to learn a better rotation with her new uni

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 12:03 on May 29, 2019

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

The Dave posted:

I blindly bought Jeans outfit out of excitement and I have to say I don’t like these skills compared to the old ones.

Good to know. I hate that 90s headwrap look and I don't want to ever get it, although it's admittedly less offensive with the red instead of yellow.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Psylocke's uniform is pretty good, her 4 is basically a T3 skill from the fancy animation they gave it. She's the winner of the patch so far though people are still trying to wrap their heads around the Jean changes. Holding off on Jean's costume, I'll probably get Storm's before the sale ends. Beast is more useful to me staying a villain with his AoA costume for now.

No one really worth using the mega T2 on again. I'll probably still have that ticket and my original SL first clear uniform upgrade ticket set sitting in my inventory when they shut the game down. Maybe I'll just use it on Iceman to save the crystals from buying 2-3 more of his package. I know the mega T2 is worth more than ~3600, and Iceman isn't appearing to be super powerful (at least compared to Luna Snow), but I also don't like sitting on the ticket until they do another ultimates style release in a year or two. Guess he's not leaving the store anytime soon so I can sit on it a few months and see what they do for the next couple of content releases.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm leaning towards burning my Mega T2 on Luna Snow, because I think I'd be the least interested in paying for more biometrics for her.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

I'm leaning towards burning my Mega T2 on Luna Snow, because I think I'd be the least interested in paying for more biometrics for her.

She's pretty well worth it.

I had a fun glitch with ultimate corvus this morning. Had a lag spike as he ran to the top then all 4 frogger fire waves came at once with only a tiny bit of space between them.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Jesus, getting Jean even to 60 takes an unnatural number of bios

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Dave posted:

It's tough to judge since I had such a routine with Jean, not just with her skills but with like Santana leadership and Ghost Rider to jack up her flame damage. I took her in blind to a Thanos foor last night and she won but it took awhile.

I think she might have more iframes with this setup and I have to give her a new obelisk and readjust who I play her with to up her damage. But it's just weird because I i shifts her whole game away from flame damage and the old routine doesn't work anymore. So who knows?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Who is best for a CTP of Refinement?

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

Who is best for a CTP of Refinement?

Colossus, Blue Marvel, Luke Cage, Destroyer, or Thing. The CTP guide from Reddit also suggests Jessica Jones, but she's terrible. I've used them on Spider-Man and 2099 and they've got worked out well, since their dodge, iframes, and speed means that usually haven't needed itgb.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Hmm. Okay. This is helpful.

So I'm going through all my Custom Gears for CTPs.

I've got a CTP of Transcendence on Dr. Strange, Mysterio, Black Bolt, Anti-Man and America Chavez. Refinement is waiting to be assigned, Patience on Rogue, Energy on Shang-Chi,and Blue Marvel. I'm going to have to save up a lot of crystals to reassign them. Although I wonder if the Energy on Shang-Chi is what allowed him to be good enough to take on a low-teen Shadowland level by himself.

Then again, the Energy ones are apparently the only ones worth reassigning, according to this. So that'll save me a little.

Gotta work on leveling up Hela's uni to get another Energy. Shuri will get me another Refinement. BP is the only one I've bothered to unlock the Extreme Mode for.

planedriver
Jun 2, 2013
Got so excited when my Jean suddenly jumped 70% potential and blew all 3000 of my mkraan crystals and phoenix feathers to get all her gears to 25/25/25/23...
God what a tease

Any word on if her uniform performs better in timeline?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

planedriver posted:

Got so excited when my Jean suddenly jumped 70% potential and blew all 3000 of my mkraan crystals and phoenix feathers to get all her gears to 25/25/25/23...
God what a tease

The word is yes.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

planedriver posted:

God what a tease

Ridiculously so. Even stuck at 60 with a crappy CTP of Transcendence and no urus equipped, my Jean has been stomping face in vibranium this week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That CTP guide got me to use my hoarded CTP of Regeneration on Deadpool which turned him back into an unkillable Timeline god. With T3 Captain Marvel and a still level 60 Jean they were pretty much cruising through.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Does your VIP level decay at all? I have 3 days left on the biometric selector, when that expires does the VIP points I got from buying it disappear as well?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

My Jean has only gotten to 56% so far, this is torturous.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I went and T3ed Magneto last night because I decided I won't get Jean ready for a month anyway.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

How do we get these daily X-Selectors at noon every day? Is it Noon PST?

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Does your VIP level decay at all? I have 3 days left on the biometric selector, when that expires does the VIP points I got from buying it disappear as well?

VIP is for life, it'll only go up if you buy another stash of bio selector or whatever.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Ripley posted:

VIP is for life, it'll only go up if you buy another stash of bio selector or whatever.

Ok, cool thanks.

Steve Vader posted:

How do we get these daily X-Selectors at noon every day? Is it Noon PST?

The fine print says that ‘Every Day’ means the 5th and the 6th.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The fine print says that ‘Every Day’ means the 5th and the 6th.

Ah, okay.

Sometimes it'll say you can get a prize through "push notifications." Do I really have to activate those to get them?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think so. You just get these random messages of like "There's a surprise gift for you!" but most of the time its something you already got or will get later.

Then again I don't know. There were those code gifts a few weeks ago and there's that timed 1 hour vault thing that pops up sometimes that I've never seen. So maybe there's layers and layers of secret gifts I'm unaware of. This is a deeeep game.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Steve Vader posted:

Ah, okay.

Sometimes it'll say you can get a prize through "push notifications." Do I really have to activate those to get them?

dont think so, im 99% sure they just give it to every active account

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Assuming Jean ever gets more than 4% potential, I expect I can start leveling her soon. Is the go to for realizing potential still to shoot for 10%?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

She jumped up 20-30% for me today after only getting minimal increases so I was finally able to realize potential. Now of course I ran out of money and she's stalled on lvl 64 because I spent gold trying to naturally t2 everyone...

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I'm at 92% and fully expect to be at 96% tomorrow. Not sure what percentage I'm going for with the level breaks, I usually did 75% to be on the safe side and had a massive string of failures that wiped out my stock when trying to get Scarlet Witch past 62 a few months ago.

I just bumped Mysterio to T2 in anticipation of Spideyman next month, otherwise I'm sitting on my mats for now. It feels like I've got enough bios saved up to get Jean to 70 plus a few others but I'm not risking spending them on anyone else until I get her up there.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Sent an application for Marble Hebrons as PinkyPasserine.

Been playing this for a few days. I have no idea what I'm doing but I've just been blowing stuff up with the free Captain Marvel and it's pretty fun.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Russad posted:

Assuming Jean ever gets more than 4% potential, I expect I can start leveling her soon. Is the go to for realizing potential still to shoot for 10%?

i always do either 10% or 100% because of

bagrada posted:

I usually did 75% to be on the safe side and had a massive string of failures that wiped out my stock when trying to get Scarlet Witch past 62 a few months ago.

the fear of this happening to me

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Stanfield posted:

Sent an application for Marble Hebrons as PinkyPasserine.

Been playing this for a few days. I have no idea what I'm doing but I've just been blowing stuff up with the free Captain Marvel and it's pretty fun.

youre in!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I basically save up for 100% now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hey goons, just FYI, if you’re playing this game and want to have more conversation about it, we are all here: https://discord.gg/364rsdd

You should join, you’re all welcome and it’s just a fun place. Feel free to mute game channels you don’t care about, talk in ones you do, but definitely come hang with us in Future Fight. Goon gaming rules.