Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
FWIW there are tons of mods that are essentially cheatmenus, you could always grab one and spawn the master rod, then disable the mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I just made all 7 Dee-Dee stops. Will there be more Dee-Dee spots in the future or am I fine?

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

There's about half a dozen more, but it will take a while before they show up. Mostly when you build bridges or lifts more appear.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Devs just dropped another content/bug fix patch. Guess I have something to play with when I get off work tonight. :toot:

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

patch notes posted:

* Added diapers at the clothing store.

oh god please tell me those are for the babies

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Where should I go for mods? I've not gotten this yet, but I can tell I'm going to want to start with a whole bunch of things already tweaked.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
There's a Nexus page for Portia. It's mostly cheaty stuff but there's others as well. The only mod I have is one that makes the Flying Pig significantly faster and take less stamina, which definitely feels like cheating but OTOH by that time you've basically already beaten the game and are just spinning your wheels for 100% completion so gently caress it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Sydin posted:

There's a Nexus page for Portia. It's mostly cheaty stuff but there's others as well. The only mod I have is one that makes the Flying Pig significantly faster and take less stamina, which definitely feels like cheating but OTOH by that time you've basically already beaten the game and are just spinning your wheels for 100% completion so gently caress it.

ok, perfect, I'm all set to dive in.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
1st martial arts tournament

1st round, i gotta fight russo

i get him, just barely, 2/3 times

i go throughout the rest of my day

my game crashes before i go to bed

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Don't complete your combo, hesitate after the second hit to reset the string and repeat. Everyone you punch battle cannot react fast enough to break out of stun-lock. Even if your timing is off you're in a better position to not get punished by your combo cooldown.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Well, I think I'll be alright. Replayed the day, I'll probably be facing the dude in the finals, but I was spared a round one showdown. Honestly, I struggled because I've been ignoring sparring for the most part.:v:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Sage’s explanation is how you win every spar. You won’t even take damage like that.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

How are the console versions? Anyone tried 'em yet?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Unreal_One posted:

My wife just started over on the Switch version. The graphics are a little reduced from max on PC. Load times aren't great. The game starts off with a major (like 3 minute) load. Devs said that the initial big load is so there are reduced load times during the game proper, so :shrug:

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Unreal_One posted:

On Switch:
Frame rate is excellent and the graphics are fine and the controls are great.

My only two complaints:
  • The text is a little hard to read on handheld.
  • The load times are a little annoying but not too bad. The initial load takes a while, but after that it's alright. The load times when you sleep are about the same as the Stardew Valley port before they optimized it.

All-in-all I prefer playing it on Switch because I like playing handheld. Technically speaking, the PC version is better I guess.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I need to come back to this game to 100% it, but has anyone tried out Kynseed? It's only in Early Access right now but it looks like it might scratch the same itch as Portia.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Zesty posted:

I need to come back to this game to 100% it, but has anyone tried out Kynseed? It's only in Early Access right now but it looks like it might scratch the same itch as Portia.

It is early Early Access, last I played there were still minimal features, and almost none of the systems they're promising.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
switch version is out and it's pretty good. some gathering gets a little laggy on handheld mode when trees explode in to wood. also theres no option for slowing down time so im hoping they patch that in

still worth getting if you're interested in it on the switch/ps4 imo

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

Playing it on PS4 right now and am really enjoying it. I think there is a bug where there is something that looks to be glowing in the back of the construction office (opposite the store icon) but is not clickable. I’m assuming this is the thing that lets you exchange rock for wood, because I have yet to find where I can do it.

Still, it’s a ton of fun.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

bagina posted:

Playing it on PS4 right now and am really enjoying it. I think there is a bug where there is something that looks to be glowing in the back of the construction office (opposite the store icon) but is not clickable. I’m assuming this is the thing that lets you exchange rock for wood, because I have yet to find where I can do it.

Still, it’s a ton of fun.

There's a book in the back right corner, it's a shop interface but they have 999 each of stone and wood that you buy with the other material instead of gold. It refreshes every day.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

Zack Ater posted:

There's a book in the back right corner, it's a shop interface but they have 999 each of stone and wood that you buy with the other material instead of gold. It refreshes every day.
Yeah, I see the book but can’t click on anything. Hopefully that gets fixed soon.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

:kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi:

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

I was really enjoying this game... until I got hit with the infinite loading screen bug. A week ago.

:sigh:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
You on PC or Console? If it's PC, I bet sending in a report to them would be helpful.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

PS4. Although in true internet fashion, bitching about it publicly made them magically push out a substantial patch this afternoon that allowed me to play again. Crisis averted.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I’m glad. Where are you at in the game?

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

Zesty posted:

I’m glad. Where are you at in the game?
I have to be near “the end” since I got the trophy for completing the main story. The most recent thing I did was get a new power source for Wendy

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What the gently caress, Gale?

Maybe sort of spoiler related to a town project later on.

Why the gently caress isn't he in prison for arson? Because it's "valid" he'd be upset about his future profits? :capitalism:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
He does end up in prison. For pretty much the remainder of the main story he's in the jail cell in the civil corps building.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm going to try and give him poop.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
I bought this game and I saw they give you the option of a Hitler mustache.

I'm a 40 year old man playing a farming game where my characters name is Hitler and he looks like Hitler.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Get out of my house.

Jesus, the one "meow" soundbite the game has is the worst.

edit:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :nms:

Zesty fucked around with this message at 05:56 on May 29, 2019

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
You can be ultra creepy

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Am I missing something about the Hazardous Ruins in the desert, because aside from getting the sword on the first level, the loot seems to be largely worthless.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Lvl 45 hat at the end.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Oh, I was starting to think I'd seen all the equipment and the game just expected me to upgrade stuff I already had with Carol.

Also lol:
I told Arlo to break up with Nora, and the next day I found them at the Duck Pond not looking at each other

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Been a while since I played, but can you date Arlo's boss? That Flying Pigs woman or whatever? She's the one furthest away from the uncanny valley.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
You cannot.

Reason why: She vanishes for a decent chunk of the story for plot reasons, then after the main plot wraps up she leaves the town.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

I finally got enough land to upgrade my house without having to get rid of my barn, now I can finally get married and live happily ever after with Aadit the chill rear end hippie from the tree farm and we'll never have problems again.

If you have Ack feeding your animals, does he just pull from your plant fiber or is he gonna burn through my Aroma Apples and poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I have some bad news about Aadit for you.