Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Total Meatlove posted:

I’d honestly prefer keeping Morelos and having Gerrard give him a summer of ‘don’t punt the defender’ lessons.

Um. He may not be exactly the right teacher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

tarbrush posted:

Um. He may not be exactly the right teacher.

Gerrard across his PL career - 6 reds
Morelos this season - 5 reds.

Even if it’s just teaching him to be smarter about it

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Total Meatlove posted:

Gerrard across his PL career - 6 reds
Morelos this season - 5 reds.

Even if it’s just teaching him to be smarter about it

Oh wow. Welp, good luck Stevie

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

kcer posted:

no point listening to anything newcastle related at the min. this takeover poo poo is dominating everything, and ashley isn't going to be buying a sausage roll until it's sorted

rafa's contract is also up in about 25 days too, so i doubt we're buying anyone when we don't even have a manager tied down for the start of the season

Ben Arfa’s on a free m8, he’s coming home

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Villa have released:
Alan Hutton
Micah Richards
Glenn Whelan
Ritchie de Laet
Mile Jedinak
Ross McCormack

It’s like the early 2010s never died at Villa

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
is that THE michah Richards or just some other guy with the same name, because I would've assumed the first guy died years ago

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Luka Jovic to Real Madrid is a done deal

https://twitter.com/realmadriden/status/1135878443290320896?s=19

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

That is THE 30 year old Micah Richards.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Luka Jovic from Eintracht to Real Madrid is confirmed.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Shrapnig posted:

That is THE 30 year old Micah Richards.

can't be

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Frankly I’m more amazed someone was still paying Alan Hutton and he wasn’t living in a caravan drinking Buckfast

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Frankly I’m more amazed someone was still paying Alan Hutton and he wasn’t living in a caravan drinking Buckfast

somebody call Spurs...

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

These things aren’t mutually exclusive.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

All through the spring the official United press briefing story was that they'd offered Herrera a significant pay raise, almost as good as the money PSG were offering. This has led to many United supporters villifying the greedy Herrera.

Now it's coming out that United actually offered him a new contract at reduced wages, which he unsurprisingly did not accept.

I would not be at all surprised, but seriously just gently caress off Woodward.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
holy poo poo micah richards*, why haven't i even heard his name in about 5 years

*premier league winner micah richards

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Der Shovel posted:

All through the spring the official United press briefing story was that they'd offered Herrera a significant pay raise, almost as good as the money PSG were offering. This has led to many United supporters villifying the greedy Herrera.

Now it's coming out that United actually offered him a new contract at reduced wages, which he unsurprisingly did not accept.

I would not be at all surprised, but seriously just gently caress off Woodward.

I remember reading something along the lines as well that the United side went utterly loving silent during negotiations eventually leading Herrera to be open to other offers in the first place.

Woodward needs to gently caress off.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

hutton was clearly not even quite up for it in the Championship, he got time out of necessity and injury. however he did score this absurd goal vs the blues https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6l4BOgvMTE so who's to say if he is good or bad

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bundy posted:

I remember reading something along the lines as well that the United side went utterly loving silent during negotiations eventually leading Herrera to be open to other offers in the first place.

Yeah, that's pretty well established. They left if way too late and didn't seemingly have any interest in getting the deal handled until it was far too late, which is criminally stupid to begin with. But then if they, on top of that, finally come to the negotiating table with "yeah well we'll give you less money than you're on now" when he's already got big money offers elsewhere...

What the gently caress, Woodward?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

quote:

Real are making a final push to sign Belgium forward Hazard, 28, for 120m euros (£107m). The Spanish club are sending a representative to London to meet Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia. (Goal)
And Real are worried Manchester United and Bayern Munich will compete with them to sign Egypt forward Mohamed Salah, 26, from Liverpoolthis summer. (AS - in Spanish)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Why would he retire when there are footballers legs available to break with terrible tackles

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
man i bet mo is just falling over himself to sign a deal with a Big Club like the manchseter united football club

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Are Real not interested in signing people at positions other than forwards

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

mila kunis posted:

Are Real not interested in signing people at positions other than forwards

***Looks at Real's history***

Nope

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
remember when they sold makelele for absolutely no good reason

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

For once, Real’s issues are actually at forward. They probably need an midfielder too, but their main concern is rebuilding their forward line. Their defense was actually decent this year.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

bewbies posted:

man i bet mo is just falling over himself to sign a deal with a Big Club like the manchseter united football club

Imagine the meltdowns on this forum alone, it’d be worth it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Theyve already spent €50m on a defender

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Is this from last year or wtf

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Shrapnig posted:

Imagine the meltdowns on this forum alone, it’d be worth it.

no argument there

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Is this from last year or wtf

Nope, this morning...apparently.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol in what world would selling Salah to United even be within the realm of possibility?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Wins champions league, joins 6th place team

Also for some reason I thought hazard was on a free

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Diva Cupcake posted:

lol in what world would selling Salah to United even be within the realm of possibility?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

:pwn:

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Sturridge and Moreno have officially left Liverpool

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1135939084994715648

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Raffles posted:

Sturridge and Moreno have officially left Liverpool

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1135939084994715648

I recently saw rumors of Barca picking up Moreno on a free and I can think of worse ways for them to fill out their squad options.

I have no idea where Sturridge will go. He seems like he wants to stay in England.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Bayern didn't exercise their permanent option for Hamez because he didn't want to stay. Sounds like he's trying to get Madrid to sell him to Napoli.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I'll miss Sturridge, Moreno I genuinely forgot he was still here until I saw him at the final cup ceremony

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
west ham had sturridges number loaded in their phone poised to make the call as soon as he was cut loose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Sturridge was a fun player until his legs gave out.

As for Salah... lol. He signed a contract renewal last summer so his deal runs through 2023 and it apparently doesn't have a release clause. I know players can force moves if they really want to, but again... lol. Maybe for 300m euros, but I can't see Liverpool haggling for a penny less than PSG paid for Neymar.

edit: Forgot to add that pretty much the only statements about Mo not being happy are coming from Spanish papers. Which, yeah.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jun 4, 2019