Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

MechaCrash posted:

You can Attune an IO by using a Catalyzer on it.

Don't use enhancement catalysts unless you absolutely have to. The homecoming market turns every single set IO listed on it into an attuned version so just buy the attuned version in the first place and save yourself 4m inf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

boxen posted:

I want to see someone slot one of the punches with knockback for maximum knockback, just to see how far you can send a dude flying.

Before the game poo poo down we would enemy teleport Hellions on to of buildings and then SS or EM them with 3 slotted KB.
They go FAR.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I remember KO Blow slotted for kb would send grey enemies hilariously far.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
KO Blow with three knockback SOs would regularly stick enemies in the ceiling of sewer hallways. At that much knockback, it stops being a damage tool and starts being an impromptu hold. A little impractical--it's not hard to lose a boss in the pipes running along the ceiling, and if he's a kill target you have to figure out how to get up there and kill him.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I'm getting an error about purchasing parts from Paragon Market.

Here's my attempted War Hulk. Any ideas what parts are broken? edit: It's the Cosmic Corsair Hook. Pirate Hook works.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 4, 2019

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
There was that one energy blaster move, nova I think, that would explode grey mobs hilariously far if slotted for it. I think they ended up nerfing it at some point.

I had forgotten how much fun knockdown in this game was. Playing a /storm mastermind is reminding me.

So my "Raining Men" name is already paying off. Had an Outcast boss yell "Stop Raining Men!" and it just makes me think he's getting frustrated with all the men I'm raining on him.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I'm getting an error about purchasing parts from Paragon Market.

I've gotten the error in the past depending on from where I was accessing character customization. Some of my costumes straight up broke.
Have you tried accessing the character customizer through the other methods?

The trainer
The default tailor
and the cosmetic surgeon at the tailors that can adjust body shape

I think they have some weird distinction to them?
I remember not having access to some of the previously premium character customization pieces on some of them, but ended up being able to fix it by going for a different type of vendor that lets me access it. They probably just went and added all the premium pieces to the default character editor, but since none of us actually purchased these pieces the slightly different ways to access the menu breaks the options and access to these things.
At least that's my best guess.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

HPanda posted:

There was that one energy blaster move, nova I think, that would explode grey mobs hilariously far if slotted for it. I think they ended up nerfing it at some point.

I had forgotten how much fun knockdown in this game was. Playing a /storm mastermind is reminding me.

So my "Raining Men" name is already paying off. Had an Outcast boss yell "Stop Raining Men!" and it just makes me think he's getting frustrated with all the men I'm raining on him.

Haha that's great. I had a good one the other day too. "Redneck Fart LIghter? That's a strange name. Thanks for the help, I guess."

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Nonexistence posted:

Also, is LRM Rocket with instasnipe as funny as I hope it is?

I think that's one people brought up since it doesn't seem changed. Hopefully it does, cause Munitions Mastery is hot garbage in general.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

The launch era CoH missions could have used a little more work.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

I missed my chance to ask about procs a few pages back, so I'm going to ask here: What kind of stuff should I be slotting the Brute's ATO procs in?

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

S.D. posted:

The launch era CoH missions could have used a little more work.

I would absolutely adore a temp power that unlocked the map and labelled all mission objectives. CoT maps are the absolute worst.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

HPanda posted:

CoT maps are the absolute worst.

They are, but I missed them SO MUCH.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

All caves need their ceilings raised 15 feet.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
What's the best blaster primary to use if I want to enter redraw hell as a /Ninja blaster? Dual Pistols, Assault Rifle, or Archery?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

TalonDemonKing posted:

I missed my chance to ask about procs a few pages back, so I'm going to ask here: What kind of stuff should I be slotting the Brute's ATO procs in?

The regen/end discount one only stacks to 5, lasts a while, and goes off pretty often, so you can pretty much throw that in anything as long as you're using it reasonably often. The Fury proc doesn't have any PPM listed so I've just been using it in my tier 2 attack since I also use that pretty frequently.

Crasical posted:

What's the best blaster primary to use if I want to enter redraw hell as a /Ninja blaster? Dual Pistols, Assault Rifle, or Archery?

In general, I think Archery is the best of that lot, but only since Rain of Arrows is real good. Dual Pistols' would put you close up more often, so maybe there's probably better synergy there with the sword attacks. Just make sure to actually pick the No Redraw options unless you really hate yourself. :v:

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

you know that made me realise you literally couldn't make a swords and guns character for all of coh live

and by how melee sets worked you couldn't make a stalker with a pistol either, conversely

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

MisterOblivious posted:

Don't use enhancement catalysts unless you absolutely have to. The homecoming market turns every single set IO listed on it into an attuned version so just buy the attuned version in the first place and save yourself 4m inf.

If you have a recipe and the parts, is there an easy way to get that into an attuned version through the market?

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

Merilan posted:

you know that made me realise you literally couldn't make a swords and guns character for all of coh live

and by how melee sets worked you couldn't make a stalker with a pistol either, conversely

You just reminded me about something I had completely forgotten about. Near the end, we had a ton of recipes for limited use stuff like guns and baseball bats. Are those even a thing on Homecoming? I haven't seen a single one drop yet. If they're available, you could keep remaking those guns whenever you use one up.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Brave New World posted:

You just reminded me about something I had completely forgotten about. Near the end, we had a ton of recipes for limited use stuff like guns and baseball bats. Are those even a thing on Homecoming? I haven't seen a single one drop yet. If they're available, you could keep remaking those guns whenever you use one up.

yeah but they'd be pretty weak since you can't slot them, could you

I guess Dual Pistols/Ninja is the closest you'd get to making Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series though

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Brave New World posted:

Yeah, all the craftable temp powers are on the P2W vendor. Most of them are pretty poo poo, but you've got stuff like the venom dagger that kills regen so you can solo AVs, or just jetpacks and things to get around.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Brave New World posted:

You can get them from the P2W vendor

e;fb

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I remember a lot of people asked for a dual pistols scrapper set so you could make a kick-rear end gunfu equilibrium character and the devs expressly said they would never make a melee set that revolved around ranged weapons.

I suppose the Martial secondaries for Blasters and Dominators were an attempt to do something like this. I haven't played any of them extensively but /Martial Blaster has been fun for the like four levels I've played it.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

FrostyPox posted:

I remember a lot of people asked for a dual pistols scrapper set so you could make a kick-rear end gunfu equilibrium character and the devs expressly said they would never make a melee set that revolved around ranged weapons.

I suppose the Martial secondaries for Blasters and Dominators were an attempt to do something like this. I haven't played any of them extensively but /Martial Blaster has been fun for the like four levels I've played it.

Does that /Martial super speed punch move look better in game than it does in the power customization menu? I heard the latest patch improved it, but it still looks like someone just went nuts with Microsoft paint.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Glazius posted:

If you have a recipe and the parts, is there an easy way to get that into an attuned version through the market?

Not really, no. Ya just gotta build it, sell it, and use the cash to buy the attuned version.
If the listing+selling fee is high enough, I guess that makes catalysts worth using.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Roach Warehouse posted:

Does that /Martial super speed punch move look better in game than it does in the power customization menu? I heard the latest patch improved it, but it still looks like someone just went nuts with Microsoft paint.

It still has that big rotating blob of colour but it’s slightly blurry now.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

FrostyPox posted:

I kinda wish Controllers and Doms got a Martial Control primary, like throwing nets and bolas and even more caltrops and other fun kungfu shenanigans like that

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

Abroham Lincoln posted:

... but you've got stuff like the venom dagger that kills regen so you can solo AVs...

That's right! That one was actually useful!

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I cannot for the life of me come up with a good name for my latest character.

A cyborg from the future, sent back to the past as an experiment. He's only supposed to be there an hour but due to erronious math is now stuck there for a century. He's found a way to get home sooner, by draining the excess energy of the temporal shift and use it to enhance his cybernetic defenses. So the more he fights, the sooner he can return home.

And I'm happy with everything EXCEPT THE drat NAME I cannot come up with anything good.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

khy posted:

A cyborg from the future, sent back to the past as an experiment. He's only supposed to be there an hour but due to erronious math is now stuck there for a century. He's found a way to get home sooner, by draining the excess energy of the temporal shift and use it to enhance his cybernetic defenses. So the more he fights, the sooner he can return home.

And I'm happy with everything EXCEPT THE drat NAME I cannot come up with anything good.

the Overtime Commuter

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Welp, did a Cavern of Transcendance Trial in the Hollows. turns out the herd 8 pubbies, and get em all clicking at the same time is still a nightmare. but you dont need to anymore. turns out you just need to click the glowie. fight to glowie, click. x8. oh my loving god, they should update that mission text.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

khy posted:

Overclocked
Timeborg
Traveler
Wanderer
Captain Punch My Way Home

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

khy posted:

Mr. 24/7

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Depending on the power set?

Knockback To The Future

You have to make enemies go 88 miles per hour to build up your time charge.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Crasical posted:

You are going to go archery/ninja.

You are going to time the lotus drops to hit at the same time your rain of arrows lands.

Everyone is going to drop before they can land a single attack.

You are going to tip your fedora and smirk as the light glints off your glorious nippon steel.

And it is going to be sick.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

winterwerefox posted:

Welp, did a Cavern of Transcendance Trial in the Hollows. turns out the herd 8 pubbies, and get em all clicking at the same time is still a nightmare. but you dont need to anymore. turns out you just need to click the glowie. fight to glowie, click. x8. oh my loving god, they should update that mission text.

I was just, literally as I opened this thread seconds ago, reminding myself to tell a buddy of mine that loves that trial for easy merits that you don't need to get 7 pubbies to click the glowies at the same time. It's one of those i25 QoL changes to make trials easier to solo/run on a low pop server.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

khy posted:

Quantum Beat.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

khy posted:

The Sperminator

Just uhhh make him super horny.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

khy posted:

Longest Hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

khy posted:

John Tiborg or some variation thereof.