Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

christmas boots posted:

Anyone who says "you've ruined my zen" had it coming. Drones are annoying as hell, but in this scenario you were retroactively an agent of divine will.

To add to this, this also applies to people who say that their "vibe" has been "harshed".

People who say that you've marshed their mellow are fine, upstanding citizens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I'm chalking that one up as "Nothing hot and saucy here, move along". 6k in savings is not at lot at all and 700-1200 out of that is a huge chunk, but otoh it's a medical cost for your pet, which is an expected expense. I guess it really boils down to if the baby is actually lacking in things. Formula/diapers/clothes aren't exactly a one-off that comes out of savings, it's an ongoing expense. Is the infant happy&healthy or not?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The parks here have banned drones except for commercial permits, and they randomly remind people via social media. The comments turn into a poo poo storm of entitled rear end hats claiming it's unfair and infringing on their right to do what they want when they want

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Serephina posted:

I'm chalking that one up as "Nothing hot and saucy here, move along". 6k in savings is not at lot at all and 700-1200 out of that is a huge chunk, but otoh it's a medical cost for your pet, which is an expected expense. I guess it really boils down to if the baby is actually lacking in things. Formula/diapers/clothes aren't exactly a one-off that comes out of savings, it's an ongoing expense. Is the infant happy&healthy or not?

I feel like he is right that his wife should ask his rich parents for help. I don’t understand what outcome the wife is hoping for. If the dog were to die, that would be resentment city.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

MasBrillante posted:

AITA for prioritizing my dog over my kids?

Woof

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

MasBrillante posted:

This guy's understanding of money, conceptually, is hosed, and it makes me doubt his risk analysis, too, even if the numbers look OK.

He's very keyed in on his wife not working to her full employment, and connects that to her say on finances.

He connects that to her say on finances, but can't connect why it fuckin' sucks to have to ask your rich relatives for money, that she might hate doing it because not depending on them is priceless, and then he says, "*I* was willing to make that sacrifice" ?!

He's very keyed in on his wife not working to her full employment, but his part-time employment is not explained, but then again maybe it's not by choice and maybe they really are in a decent position. Or, his wife might be more in tune with the fact that their budgeting is not sustainable and they will run out of money at this rate.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Pinecone Sample posted:

This guy's understanding of money, conceptually, is hosed, and it makes me doubt his risk analysis, too, even if the numbers look OK.

He's very keyed in on his wife not working to her full employment, and connects that to her say on finances.

He connects that to her say on finances, but can't connect why it fuckin' sucks to have to ask your rich relatives for money, that she might hate doing it because not depending on them is priceless, and then he says, "*I* was willing to make that sacrifice" ?!

He's very keyed in on his wife not working to her full employment, but his part-time employment is not explained, but then again maybe it's not by choice and maybe they really are in a decent position. Or, his wife might be more in tune with the fact that their budgeting is not sustainable and they will run out of money at this rate.

Better just let the dog die, painfully, then.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

They have money for both things.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Hellblazer187 posted:

Well, she is ALSO probably just the type who hates the dog if she was really against any spending on the dog, I just don't trust their full situation is the way he tells it.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
AITA for not sticking up for my wife?

quote:

Throwaway for obvious reasons.

Some backstory: my wife [32] and I [34] have been married for about 5 years. We met a few years earlier at the local community college; I was pursuing a trade and she was pursuing her Associates in Art History. We bonded over our love of wine, Renaissance art, and field hockey. Throughout our relationship, we've traveled and met some professional sommeliers, mainly through my brother's [35] connections.

My brother is a single yet very well-to-do layer, and despite our differences in career paths, we've always been close, but he and my wife have always seemed to clash heads about the most mundane things. However, they normally remain cordial enough, and last weekend, he invited us and our friend to a casual get-together to drink wine and appreciate a new piece my brother just got (he collects art and antiques).

We get there, see our friend and his girlfriend, and begin exchanging pleasantries. His girlfriend brought some Yellow Tail bottles back from Australia that weren't much for taste, but managed to get us all a bit buzzed (normally we'd start with the good wine and move to the crappy stuff, but that day was Opposite Day I guess).

We're all tipsily shooting the breeze and having a great time, but I notice my brother giving passive aggressive remarks to my wife, with her delivering them right back. I tell him that even though he's my brother and I love him, I'm not going to let him disrespect my wife, so I tell the two of them to just enjoy the evening and stop with the petty poo poo.

Afterwards, I thought the situation was diffused. My wife spotted a bottle of 2011 Dominio do Bibei (a wine she's been meaning to try), but as soon as she gets up, my brother trips her and she falls right into his coffee table.

The whole party sees this and is stunned. I look at my brother wordlessly for about 30 seconds, and asked him, "why did you just trip my wife?" My brother is adamant he didn't do it (even though we all watched him). I told him I watched him do it, and he goes ballistic, asking me "why the hell would I host a wine party to throw your wife through a table?"

My brother was getting visibly agitated, and he's much more fit than I am, so there really isn't anything I can say left. My friend and his girlfriend left the room at this point, seeing what they think is some "unresolved sibling nonsense." My brother then goes off saying my wife owes him $2000 for the destroyed furniture.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Hellblazer187 posted:

quote:

She's 11 and dogs of her breed tend to last 10-14 years
I have some bad news about what's gonna happen regardless

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Someone went to Australia and brought yellow tail wine *back* with them????

Least believable prt of the story imho.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Anne Whateley posted:

Sure, pretty soon that's gonna happen. But it could be a few more months or years with his friend.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

why would you even bother, that poo poo is in every grocery store in the usa and it's not good

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Take the dog into battle so it may die a warrior's death and go to Valhalla

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

That's what stuck out to me. Even if your state has restrictive alcohol laws, go to the closest liquor store and they have that poo poo in 1.5L bottles for ~$10.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

It is some seriously dire poo poo

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Serephina posted:

Yeah Dr. FAUXTON and I only have about 20k in savings and idk ~100k in IRAs/home equity to borrow against and it isn't like we're constantly needing to choose between cat food and people food.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
yellow tail is wine for people who don't like wine to buy on a whim, have half a glass and say yeah see I just don't really like this

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Anne Whateley posted:

If you reallly want to go down that route, the baby is also gonna die, so what's the point of having it? The dog is a longtime part of the family.

Mammary cancer is ridiculously common in bitches. It's usually a mastectomy, with stitch removal in a couple of weeks. You usually don't think about it, but they have lots of breasts, and they can all get cancerous. But the survival rate is high, and the odds that it metastasized is fairly low. It will add pain-free years to the bitch's life.

Now, I admit--I've had this done for two of my bitches. In both cases the increase in quality of life was substantial. One lived to 15, the other 16.

Khazar-khum fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jun 5, 2019

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006

ad090 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbllxgxgQVQ

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Don't post that nazi gently caress, thanks.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Ah....mm. I see.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

christmas boots posted:

Take the dog into battle so it may die a warrior's death and go to Valhalla

tape an axe to the dog's head and send him out

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Khazar-khum posted:

If you reallly want to go down that route, the baby is also gonna die, so what's the point of having it? The dog is a longtime part of the family.

Mammary cancer is ridiculously common in bitches. It's usually a mastectomy, with stitch removal in a couple of weeks. You usually don't think about it, but they have lots of breasts, and they can all get cancerous. But the survival rate is high, and the odds that it metastasized is fairly low. It will add pain-free years to the bitch's life.

Now, I admit--I've had this done for two of my bitches. In both cases the increase in quality of life was substantial. One lived to 15, the other 16.

Stop saying bitch so much weirdo

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Khazar-khum posted:

But enough about your exes.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Gone Fashing posted:

yellow tail is wine for people who don't like wine to buy on a whim, have half a glass and say yeah see I just don't really like this

It's the kind of wine you use when you need to strip paint off of metal.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Gone Fashing posted:

You're supposed to take a sip and remark "this is ruining my zen"

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
I like it because Marvel character “Howard the Duck” has a yellow tail

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Miserable Maid posted:

Fiancée [27/F] went “too far” at bachelorette party. I [28/M] am ready to call it off. People are telling me not to due to “extenuating circumstances” (Progress from Friday)

Dude what the gently caress, how is this her fault? Maybe I'm missing something here but, she got drunk yes (way too loving drunk), but from her point of view she was in a safe space with her closest friends right? She didn't know a stripper was coming... Then the stripper sexually assaulted her.... And on top of all this one of her "best friends" might potentially use these photos against her?

The dude seems more interested in his pride and what other people think then what she went through.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

MasBrillante posted:

This is always viciously divided between rural and urban people.

Chemotherapy for dogs is ridiculous. Wait to see if the dog starts to be in pain, and if it does put it down gently. There are many dogs right now that need loving homes.

I wish people had the same options for themselves.

People who get into zoo enclosures and are attacked deserve it and the animal should not get put down.

Anyone caught poaching endangered species should be executed.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Xik posted:

Dude what the gently caress, how is this her fault? Maybe I'm missing something here but, she got drunk yes (way too loving drunk), but from her point of view she was in a safe space with her closest friends right? She didn't know a stripper was coming... Then the stripper sexually assaulted her.... And on top of all this one of her "best friends" might potentially use these photos against her?

The dude seems more interested in his pride and what other people think then what she went through.

He has to see if he can still respect her after the photos he's seen, along with the attempted cover up.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Xik posted:

You don't get it! She was raped. That means the package seal got broken and she's no good anymore.

The boyfriend needs to discover the magic of an anal probe.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Xik posted:

It really sounds like he's still in the process of switching mental gears from "oh poo poo my fiance cheated on me" to "oh poo poo my fiance's best friend put out a rape hit on her" but maybe I'm overly optimistic.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

chitoryu12 posted:

Smart move. I actually went so far as to block the owners (and their kids) on Facebook to keep them from trying to find anything.

When my employer implemented a new HR system a few years ago, everyone's profile had a picture already, and it wasn't our company headshot. One guy realized his was a really old photo... his Facebook profile photo. Apparently one of the HR people just looked everyone up on Facebook and uploaded their profile pictures since Facebook shows them regardless of how it's locked down. Kinda left a bad taste is some people's mouths.

The only co-worker I am friends with on Facebook is one that I've known since preschool. I won't even add people that leave the company.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

areyoucontagious posted:

ITA for breaking up with no compromise after my GF asked for a break in the relationship to spend time with someone else?
u/Breaksorbroken

quote:

She came back two days later, yesterday. I asked her if she still wanted time to find and explore herself. She said yes, so I just said "ok, I'm leaving and I want you to stay the gently caress away from me. Don't ever try to enter my life again". I then got in my truck and left.

Apparently she had a panic attack and got her sister to call me. Telling me it's unfair where I was her first relationship and she needed someone temporarily while I got better. But then the motives were really revealed when she asked about all the bills. to which I said I'm not going to pay any more on her cars she drives or contribute to the house at all because I'm never going back. She said that it's unfair because my GF helped pay off my truck and now I'm just going to leave her hanging. I just got tired of it and hung up and blocked every one of her family. Any friends who tried taking her side or sympathizing with her, I blocked them too.
The Pete is strong with this one.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beachcomber posted:

This is always viciously divided between rural and urban people.

Chemotherapy for dogs is ridiculous. Wait to see if the dog starts to be in pain, and if it does put it down gently. There are many dogs right now that need loving homes.

I wish people had the same options for themselves.

People who get into zoo enclosures and are attacked deserve it and the animal should not get put down.

Anyone caught poaching endangered species should be executed.

All of this is apparently over less than $1000 which seems like a trivial amount to pay for your partner to keep his long-time companion in the financial situation he describes. “This would make budgeting a little right for a little while” is literally every nonessential purchase in a middle class household. She’s not even arguing that they should use the money, just that if they DO use it, it shouldn’t be on the dog.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
It's $1200 and their total savings is $6000 and they're a single-income family with an infant who needs formula and diapers. I love pets, but that's cutting it pretty close for a dog who's already on borrowed time

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yawgmoth posted:

The Pete is strong with this one.

Not only a powerful Pete but also an extremely forgiving one given that he actually gave her a chance to drop the guy she was cheating on and stay with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

MasBrillante posted:

All of this is apparently over less than $1000 which seems like a trivial amount to pay for your partner to keep his long-time companion in the financial situation he describes. “This would make budgeting a little right for a little while” is literally every nonessential purchase in a middle class household. She’s not even arguing that they should use the money, just that if they DO use it, it shouldn’t be on the dog.

She's right, though. The money is to remove cysts no one realized the dog even had. If the dog does have cancer, it will cost $3,500 to $4,500 in addition.

Meanwhile, right now piles of perfectly normal dogs are being shoveled into the furnace.