Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Did they add Byzantium yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeMars
Mar 22, 2011
Rome and the Turks are already in

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
There's plenty of options for the greeks

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Just play as Rome on a tsl Earth map, conquer Greece, burn Greece and settle Byzantium there.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Alkydere posted:

-Aztec also can use a worker's charge to instantly rush 20% of a district's production, the only way to rush production, which makes them excellent at anything.
-likewise China can use worker charges to rush production on wonders AND they get a free extra charge on their workers
-Kongo straight up lose out on the religion game's mechanics but gets some seriously good stuff in return (cheap/early neighborhoods that produce resources, some great works of art/all archeological artifacts also produce resources)
-Korea's just insane with their science district that starts with 4 science and buffs adjacent farms and mines.
-Australia science, culture and financial districts are almost as insane as they get FAT bonuses from tile appeal

Sweden.

!!!Great works are automatically themed!!!
+1 Great engineer point from factories, +1 great scientist point from Universities
Open air museum tile improvement
3 new world congress competitions that are super easy to win as Sweden, 2 of them give you boosts for a culture victory

I think Sweden is by far the easiest civ to win a culture victory with, Eleanor is good but Sweden is just next-next-next-win. The automatically themed great works are nuts and together with the competitions and open air museums you just steamroll a culture victory. By far my easiest and fastest win was with Sweden, even faster and easier than Korea since with Korea you still need to send stuff into space which takes some time to build.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I think some culture civs would be better at defending themselves. I consider Australia a culture civ but they're very flexible. Sweden is absolutely the strongest tourism generator though you're right. They are also way less dependent on tile appeal for that tourism which is a big hurdle for tourism victories

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

FreeMars posted:

Rome and the Turks are already in

Russia too

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Did they fix the games AI in the new expansions?

ZigZag
Aug 1, 2004

Good reactions etc..

punk rebel ecks posted:

Did they fix the games AI in the new expansions?

No

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Depends on what you mean by 'fix'.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

John F Bennett posted:

Neutered.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

John F Bennett posted:

To not think that I'm a war monger despite not going to war in 200 years (or 100 turns).

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

To not think that I'm a war monger despite not going to war in 200 years (or 100 turns).
They dramatically changed how the AI evaluates relationships. There is now a "grievance" system.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Im feeling confident that after this big next patch the game will be finally Good

edit: or, more probably, after the next patch after this one fix the new bugs/unbalances this one will create

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Looks like Thursday for the update

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

So soon. So probably Friday after the livestream. I was just about to return to Civ 6 after a lot of time off so looking forward to seeing all of the patch notes.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

dy. posted:

They dramatically changed how the AI evaluates relationships. There is now a "grievance" system.

Is it good?

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
It's quite a lot better than it was before. Now if an enemy attacks you or captures your city, you are awarded with x grievance points against them. You can use those points to declare war (and other things) later on without the normal diplomatic penalty.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Fleetwood Crack posted:

It's quite a lot better than it was before. Now if an enemy attacks you or captures your city, you are awarded with x grievance points against them. You can use those points to declare war (and other things) later on without the normal diplomatic penalty.

That sounds good. I just don't want other nations to think I'm a warmonger when I haven't done anything war-like in over 200 years.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Grievance decays at a noticeable rate. Being really aggressive will echo out grievance to everyone, not just your target. But it's a system where it is possible to manage the moving parts to try to maintain peace.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Fleetwood Crack posted:

They still get mad at you if you only understand friendship or scorched earth.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Grievance decays at a noticeable rate. Being really aggressive will echo out grievance to everyone, not just your target. But it's a system where it is possible to manage the moving parts to try to maintain peace.

Okay, I will buy the expansion packs come Steam Sale.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I am a complete moron who opens up can of worms questions. Feel free to quote this post and ridicule me.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 5, 2019

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Oh poo poo here we go again...

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

punk rebel ecks posted:

Thinking of it, what would you guys say is the best Civilization game?
4 with the xpacs. 6 is a close 2nd though

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

punk rebel ecks posted:

Thinking of it, what would you guys say is the best Civilization game?

Well, I have it on the authority of this thread that 4 is the best. But I played 4 and it's ugly, obtuse and clunky by modern standards, as is the other alleged best civ game, Alpha Centauri. We can all agree 3 is mediocre. I grew up with 2, but I never understood it and I truly doubt it aged any better than the others. Civ 5 introduced some good ideas, but it also brought 1upt, which as everyone knows is what killed this series, and also made tall civs the strongest option. Civ 6 has bad AI.

So I'm pretty sure the best Civ game is unbookmarking this thread and waiting for the Mage Knight app to come out.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the best civ game is civ 1 (snes)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
The correct answer is the board game

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

The Glumslinger posted:

The correct answer is the board game

But which one??

e: Oh, you mean Through the Ages.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Ragnar34 posted:

But which one??

e: Oh, you mean Through the Ages.

NO. The Civilization game by Frances Tresham and then Advanced Civilization (I was on the design team for that one). Through the Ages is not Civilization the board game.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

All y'all not saying Beyond Earth are bad people.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Shooting Blanks posted:

Who the gently caress doesn't want to be President of three moving artificial island-arcologies with millions of inhabitants, motorboating across the map to assault an enemy coastline, making GBS threads out smaller cities to exploit resources in your wake?!

Dr. Krieger
Apr 9, 2010

Shooting Blanks posted:

BE really grew on me and I loved how it went in a different direction.

The best civ is Colonization though.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggVHYvmzj4s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqyyG-f7o5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9w5elXm9mc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke7QlBmUPCI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR7CweURXXc

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Through the Ages owns

I've enjoyed each Civ more than the last. Probably because I've understood each one more than the last. The actual intricacies of each system aren't that exciting because they usually narrow effective options

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Ragnar34 posted:

Civ 5 introduced some good ideas, but it also brought 1upt, which as everyone knows is what killed this series

1upt?

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009

homullus posted:

They still get mad at you if you only understand friendship or scorched earth.

Oh my god, this is me. Wait, are you supposed to not eradicate a rival civilization over a minor border conflict!?

Honestly though, I love that they introduced mechanics to allow for a diversity of limited and large wars, but I usually forget after five hours of continuous play turns my brain to pudding and just roll over the map.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Shooting Blanks posted:

I can't get it to run properly anymore even after reinstalling. Or close once I get it running. Or get steam to realize it's closed if it happens.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

1 unit per tile, solving a marginal problem (large stacks can be unwieldy) in the most drastic and disastrous way possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
BE is garbage nobody plays