Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Now I just want this to end with everyone (including Bort's brother) being friends again :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

DACK FAYDEN posted:

why does your game have z-height issues, what even is at different height levels

I guess the rooftops in the city if they're not stealthily just accessible via ladders that are secretly just bridges

Any 2D game is going to have at least a bottom layer for sprites to draw on top of and a top layer to draw on top of sprites, things like archways and overhanging wires and treetops that the characters can walk behind. The map dump posted here last page also showed how the diagonal wall tiles were transparent on the bottom so they could be used on top of any underlying terrain, so that's at least 3 tile layers.

I'm not even talking about something that can be both, like a bridge you can walk on or walk under. That requires at least a fourth layer with a z-height that changes dynamically based on scripting.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Now I just want this to end with everyone (including Bort's brother) being friends again :(

How can we unlock this secret ending

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I will reproduce the Full House theme in Mario Paint if somebody gives me $1000

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Barkley 2 is for True Doom Murderheads, by which I mean the project was truly doomed and we should all be murdered.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The possibility of friendship sailed with the gelatinous cube incident. Now we must face to barkley war

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

barkley 3 is going to be about "old chuck"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

lordosis_gamer posted:

I would rather not get into this entire subject, so I’ll suggest we cool it with the anecdotes. There are a thousand unfinished things in the game, from people who were getting paid and people who were not. This thread is enjoyable and I think for everyone’s sake, it should not be hashed out. There’s postmortems and then there’s finger pointing. I already told you what my problems were, let’s not hear anybody else’s, thanks!
gently caress off jordan, our post's won't be contained

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Honestly, this entire post is weirdly passive aggressive, like it is coming from a deeply hurt place but they don’t want to show it.

I would say it is best that Bort would step away for a bit rather than engaging, but I am no therapist.

Dang, now I am depressed :(

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Alan Smithee posted:

Zybourne Shotclock

imagine 4 balls at the edge of a rim

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Whatta rollercoaster of a thread

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bisse posted:

The pitch for combat was: Hardcore RPG with guns. Basically Nuclear Throne with some heavy RPG elements and gun fusion. There was ideas for enemies hiding behind cover, flanking, being vulnerable from behind. There was already a bare-bones prototype there when I joined. My first step was to make combat feel more 'solid', with better movement, collisions, AI,

Hahahahaha

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

puve posted:

I will reproduce the Full House theme in Mario Paint if somebody gives me $1000

you worm. you absolute ingrate. this would be done already if you would only work on it. but instead you insist on rambling on and on about $1000. stop hating on full house and get over it. i would like nothing more than to see you take it into your own hands and make this happen

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
if there's one thing i hate about this thread its people quoting the entire rants each and every ex-dev posts with a single sentence reply. "wow this is a really good post" or "tldr" for such thread clutter and there's like five of these on every loving page

you loving idiots just cut out the body of the quoted message i loving hate you

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm really glad all the bad FYAD posters have come out of the woodwork to make the thread bad again, it was getting too interesting and positive.

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The White Dragon posted:

you worm. you absolute ingrate. this would be done already if you would only work on it. but instead you insist on rambling on and on about $1000. stop hating on full house and get over it. i would like nothing more than to see you take it into your own hands and make this happen

It's too late now, I already got the 1000 and quit my job so I could focus on creating a custom version of Mario Paint capable of making a Full House-themed revision of the Meshuggah discography

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

dark draker didn't die for people t

hang on

Dark Draker's Don't Die

anyway dark draker didn't die for everyone to start posting about the posting. looking forward for some new hilarious detail to come out tomorrow

Captain Queernabs
Dec 25, 2005

Fig. 1: bonehorse
Pillbug
this thread is just the source content for barkley 3 truckpump

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Patware posted:

dark draker didn't die for people t

hang on

Dark Draker's Don't Die

anyway dark draker didn't die for everyone to start posting about the posting. looking forward for some new hilarious detail to come out tomorrow

but now you're posting about the people posting about posts, and i'm posting about you posting about people posting about posts

in short its useless to get buttmad about my reasonable complaint because it just fucks things up further, and thats not a very dark draker thing to do

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jun 5, 2019

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Seshoho Cian posted:

ace combat spin off set in the gun's nations

:flashfap: :cumpolice:

Lurdiak posted:

bad FYAD posters

but you repeat yourself

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 5, 2019

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
I’m glad Bort came in with that incredibly tone deaf post which made clear that he and his lovely brother were almost certainly responsible for this mess.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Phenotype posted:

you know whats super cool in a really barkley way? requoting the same enormous wall of text fifteen times on each page

which one? could you quote it?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

spit on my clit posted:

but now you're posting about the people posting about posts, and i'm posting about you posting about people posting about posts

in short its useless to get buttmad about my reasonable complaint because it just fucks things up further, and thats not a very dark draker thing to do

oh no i'm totally on board with you, don't quote page-long posts you fuckin nerds. dark draker can read a post seven times before someone quotes it

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Patware posted:

oh no i'm totally on board with you, don't quote page-long posts you fuckin nerds. dark draker can read a post seven times before someone quotes it

now im posting about how horribly i misread your post! gently caress! i'll never get past stage three

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

we may yet unleash the Chaos Post

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

which kickstarter megabacker wrote this

jones jabones
Apr 27, 2016

Truecon420 posted:

How can we unlock this secret ending

barkley game jam

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

everything got kinda quiet again after that chaos dunk is everyone ok? :ohdear:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Quoting long posts is posters tradition. Smh

jones jabones
Apr 27, 2016

The REAL Goobusters posted:

bunk tradition :fyadride:

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I feel like I'm on GaiaOnline

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Yep they laughed all the way to the bank!!

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I'm still pissed about backing... Final Fantasy 12?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

This thread are sick

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
Balthios surviving the Chaos Dunk by summoning the jello cube is canon.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

idgaf about the drama i just like seeing all the funny and cool stuff that got worked on before the game died. hope some of it can salvaged for other projects at least

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

sharrrk posted:

idgaf about the drama i just like seeing all the funny and cool stuff that got worked on before the game died. hope some of it can salvaged for other projects at least

the drama was the metagame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ryaomon posted:

you people have brain parasites