Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Oh my god when did rein get a :kav: voice line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
When a Mercy damage boosts a Torbjorn, does his turret get damage boosted as well?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

https://twitter.com/CharletChung/status/1132095054367952896

:3: Baby D.Va out of mech

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

FAUXTON posted:

Oh my god when did rein get a :kav: voice line

i'm pretty sure the beer! line was vanilla overwatch :toot:

vv possibly true, i've been playing too long and have too much poo poo unlocked, but definitely not new

Caitlin fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 25, 2019

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

Beer! is Anniversary, it was from the first one I believe.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Picked it up again for the anniversary loot boxes. Quit sometime between August and October.

Remembering why I quit more than having fun.

E: But one of my complimentary boxes had the boba Mei, so here I am.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Man, they really refined all the ways to enjoy this game.

Played some games yesterday, got from endorsement 3 to 4 by earning 2-3 votes each match consistently.

Logged in today only to be greeted by "Your endorsement level has gone from 4 to 3". Good job of conditioning players to not give a poo poo about any aspect of the game anymore I guess.

Double XP weekend during anniversary? Naaaaaah. Let's try to sell more lootboxes. Who cares about player retention. Let's group up gold players with high diamond or even masters players in Quick Play. They'll sort it out and have fun!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

mcbexx posted:

Played some games yesterday, got from endorsement 3 to 4 by earning 2-3 votes each match consistently.

Logged in today only to be greeted by "Your endorsement level has gone from 4 to 3". Good job of conditioning players to not give a poo poo about any aspect of the game anymore I guess.

Double XP weekend during anniversary? Naaaaaah. Let's try to sell more lootboxes. Who cares about player retention. Let's group up gold players with high diamond or even masters players in Quick Play. They'll sort it out and have fun!

sorry about that, I guess

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

sorry about that, I guess

Thanks man, really means a lot, especially coming from you.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
It's loving quick play. Arcade matchmaking is utter garbage. If you want good matchmaking, play comp.

The other complaints are understandable, but bitching about QP matchmaking just makes you look dumb.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
You can also now spend your time in Overwatch playing silly modes that don't have much to do with killing other people if getting stomped by someone with 500x better aim than you makes you sad. Anything is possible through the magic of Workshop~

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Dick Burglar posted:

The other complaints are understandable, but bitching about QP matchmaking just makes you look dumb.

especially since we have a thread for whining about this game, which I have used to great effect

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

mcbexx posted:

endorsement 4 is fleeting if you are an actual saint ingame and play regularly and give out endorsements in turn, endorsement 5 is basically impossible to hold for more than a handful of games even if people spam you with endorsements. Occasionally when I play in bursts I'll go to 4, but mostly I chill on 3 just by not proactively screaming Gamer Words into voice whenever I do bestir myself to play.

I don't know what the effects of this are in a macro sense but it would be Extremely Blizzard if their galaxy-brained attempt to incentivize good behavior actually inculcated learned helplessness through strictly positive reinforcement, lmfao

Willie Tomg fucked around with this message at 00:31 on May 27, 2019

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

The Berzerker posted:

especially since we have a thread for whining about this game, which I have used to great effect

It's not like this sub is a beehive of activity or has been, ever, for at least a year.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
4 isn’t too hard to maintain if you mostly play main tank or support in comp but qp seems a lot harder to not drop down to 3

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

there really does seem to be fewer shitters now than when I last played years ago, and while there's probably a lot of factors involved in that, positive reinforcement is a much more effective means of conditioning behaviour than negative

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I rarely play qp and never ranked, so I only catch endorsements from taking all the golds during team deathmatch and I have been enjoying rank 4 for several months

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Nice bragbrag

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
I live in 4 but I've seen 5s in the wild.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Turns out people shower you with shot caller, if you type "Please wait for everyone.", "Bak bak" and "Regroup" during the match, when needed. No voice needed.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Sometimes you need to lose 400 points and almost but don't fall into gold to remind you what it means to be alive. Thanks Jeff. I really need to work on my Ana play.

Edit: Just remembered one of my loses had an almost-gold/plat duo and the plat was the worst 76 I've ever scene. I feel bad for the gold. That rank threshold is real.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
I don't remember the last time I played Overwatch exactly, but it was shortly before Brig came out. I mained Orisa with Ana/Moira/Winston in my pocket. My highest ranking was low Masters and I left at low Diamond.

I still keep up with some streamers and OWL and how the meta is progressing, and I am so tickled that Orisa is considered a high-quality pick that I'm very tempted to come back for a bit. When I stopped playing it was nothing but grief for picking cowmom (and she's a cow, not a horse, because she has horns, please stop calling it "horse meta" if indeed you do).

I suppose this is a bit of a nebulous question, but how's the community nowadays? Toxicity was a major factor in my wanting to leave.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No net change.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Still fun with friends though :shobon:

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Maple Leaf posted:

I don't remember the last time I played Overwatch exactly, but it was shortly before Brig came out. I mained Orisa with Ana/Moira/Winston in my pocket. My highest ranking was low Masters and I left at low Diamond.

I still keep up with some streamers and OWL and how the meta is progressing, and I am so tickled that Orisa is considered a high-quality pick that I'm very tempted to come back for a bit. When I stopped playing it was nothing but grief for picking cowmom (and she's a cow, not a horse, because she has horns, please stop calling it "horse meta" if indeed you do).

I suppose this is a bit of a nebulous question, but how's the community nowadays? Toxicity was a major factor in my wanting to leave.

she's a pretty major factor of the viable comps these days too.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Randomly ran into Wildtortilla today while doing Elims, and got to show him some little hamsters and/or big adventures: https://youtu.be/HrQ7dy-zEoA

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

shield tanks are worse than toxic whiners

welcome back!

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Novasol posted:

Randomly ran into Wildtortilla today while doing Elims, and got to show him some little hamsters and/or big adventures: https://youtu.be/HrQ7dy-zEoA

I was not expecting to find a goon in 3v3, thanks for the games. This clip made me chuckle again this morning.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Maple Leaf posted:

(and she's a cow, not a horse, because she has horns, please stop calling it "horse meta" if indeed you do).

She's a Snuggle-Bug, you god damned philistine.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wheeee posted:

shield tanks are worse than toxic whiners

welcome back!

As a toxic whining shield tank main, I take offense to this.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

I only recently began playing OW again, I've been having fun since I don't touch comp and play to chill, but I'm already just about done with Blizzard's inept shooter design. Characters like Bastion and Orisa exist purely as roadblocks which enable poo poo like bunkering.

OW is fun but after three years they still don't seem to get it, and if Team Fortress 3 ever gets made it'll eat Blizzard's lunch.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Double XP starts today, June 6th the 10th.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Wheeee posted:

I only recently began playing OW again, I've been having fun since I don't touch comp and play to chill, but I'm already just about done with Blizzard's inept shooter design. Characters like Bastion and Orisa exist purely as roadblocks which enable poo poo like bunkering.

OW is fun but after three years they still don't seem to get it, and if Team Fortress 3 ever gets made it'll eat Blizzard's lunch.

they tried to fix goats but in doing so they made bunker comps stronger and it is not fun in any way shape or form especially not with orisa around.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://kotaku.com/sources-blizzard-cancels-starcraft-first-person-shoote-1835285125

PVE Overwatch 2?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
i hope yall are ready for OVERWATCH 2 BABY

https://kotaku.com/sources-blizzard-cancels-starcraft-first-person-shoote-1835285125

quote:

Nobody was laid off as a result of the cancelation, and according to two staff, Blizzard told the team that Ares was getting axed (alongside a second unannounced mobile project) so that the company could move many of them to the upcoming Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2, both of which are expected to be Blizzard’s marquee announcements at this year’s BlizzCon. (Of course, as we saw last year, when it comes to BlizzCon announcements, anything can change.)

Both of those games will be key parts of Blizzard’s strategy in the years to come. We reported extensively on Diablo 4, code-named Fenris, late last year, and what we’ve heard about Overwatch 2 (or whatever it winds up being called) is that it’ll have a large PVE element. (A couple of Blizzard people have compared it to Left 4 Dead.)

Hell yeah Actvision Blizzard!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Pattonesque posted:

PVE Overwatch 2?

The REAL Goobusters posted:

i hope yall are ready for OVERWATCH 2 BABY

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/1136340934499680256

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1136740636667912198

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Kill the Talon grunts and level up your Mercy until it evolves into Moira- but be careful, there's a Talon Heavy Assault at the gym!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they weren't gonna kill the comp scene of overwatch with a sequel so I was expecting it to be pve

a l4d style game wasn't what I thought they'd do tho. figured they'd just make destiny or borderlands