Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Drink some tea and shut the gently caress up already, you dipshit.

e: Fluffy tax!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

so no tweets about how the GOP senate is gonna lose their poo poo about tariffs yet, huh

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/thinkprogress/status/1135575327693058048

In VA we are trying to kill this kind of poo poo. Once again, a reminder that VA election are this year because lol we are addicted to elections in this state.

https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1135996689876246529

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao

One of his staff hit him with the 'No ... they're saying Boo-urns!' and it worked

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Capital Letdown posted:

One of his staff hit him with the 'No ... they're saying Boo-urns!' and it worked

"What does 'Trump is a wanker' mean?"

"Oh...it means...Trump is the Best President!"

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/alexbaca/status/1136063344182382592

This is why local elections are important people. Pay attention to zoning board appointments, County and City Council elections, and County Executive Elections because if you don't poo poo like this happens.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/DanielleBMcLean/status/1136027012345323523

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

is there anything rarer than trump being correct?

https://twitter.com/AliRogin/status/1136241361102036992

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Lol yes Donny, no one ever heard of loving Vietnam. He was...not wrong about the rest tho lol...i feel weird saying that

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Well when his thesis is "we were ignorant about ____", you don't get many points for extrapolating that to "I, Donald Trump, was ignorant about ____"

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

DLC Inc posted:

so no tweets about how the GOP senate is gonna lose their poo poo about tariffs yet, huh

Because they won't do anything. None of the Republicans have any convictions to stand up to Trump and all the chuds.

Sure they'll say they're concerned and all that, but at the end they're going to "stand with our president".

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1136270394246148096

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/04/us/politics/republicans-mexico-tariffs.html

quote:

Republican senators sent the White House a sharp message on Tuesday, warning that they were almost uniformly opposed to President Trump’s plans to impose tariffs on Mexican imports, just hours after the president said lawmakers would be “foolish” to try to stop him.

“I want you to take a message back” to the White House, Senator Ted Cruz, Republican of Texas, told the lawyers, according to people familiar with the meeting. Mr. Cruz warned that “you didn’t hear a single yes” from the Republican conference. He called the proposed tariffs a $30 billion tax increase on Texans.

Texas would be hit the hardest by the proposed tariffs on Mexican products, followed by Michigan, California, Illinois and Ohio, according to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. A 25 percent tariff would threaten $26.75 billion of Texas imports. “We’re holding a gun to our own heads,” said Senator John Cornyn, Republican of Texas.

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jun 5, 2019

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Remember when you poo poo on Puerto Rico recovery funds after you cried crocodile tears about hurricane damage in your state? Well, he's your monster and you're gonna suffer.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Luckyellow posted:

Because they won't do anything. None of the Republicans have any convictions to stand up to Trump and all the chuds.

Sure they'll say they're concerned and all that, but at the end they're going to "stand with our president".

I am pretty sure republicans are like a billion times more loyal to their money and their donors than they are to random ideas donald trump came up with. They like trump when he's expressing the ideas they thought anyway but being crass about it, they aren't going to suddenly voluntarily lose a bunch of money as he hurts the industries they make money off of because they actually value him as a leader.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHzypHJUMMo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Maybe you shouldn’t have backed a guy for whom holding a gun to his own head was a key business strategy for years, geniuses.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I am pretty sure republicans are like a billion times more loyal to their money and their donors than they are to random ideas donald trump came up with. They like trump when he's expressing the ideas they thought anyway but being crass about it, they aren't going to suddenly voluntarily lose a bunch of money as he hurts the industries they make money off of because they actually value him as a leader.

They are cowards. They are cowards who will dog pile on rinos when they reveal themselves and gently caress over anyone if its convenient for them right now.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I don't give Donnie a lot of credit for that Vietnam quote because if he was alive when we were fighting Nazis, he would have avoided that too. He weaseled out of service because he, personally, is afraid to die. No other factors played into it for him, I guarantee.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

friendbot2000 posted:

Lol yes Donny, no one ever heard of loving Vietnam. He was...not wrong about the rest tho lol...i feel weird saying that

He supported the Vietnam war, he just didn't support dying in it himself.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

beejay posted:

I don't give Donnie a lot of credit for that Vietnam quote because if he was alive when we were fighting Nazis, he would have avoided that too. He weaseled out of service because he, personally, is afraid to die. No other factors played into it for him, I guarantee.

No, the only factor that mattered is that his parents were rich and made up an excuse that the government rolled with. A draft doesn't give a poo poo if you are scared.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1136185163971407873?s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Ague Proof posted:

He supported the Vietnam war, he just didn't support dying in it himself.

Any quotes to back that up? I mean I definitely believe it, I've just never heard him mention Vietnam except for today really

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1135982319376969729

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:hmmyes:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1136274742510571523

quote:

A bipartisan group of senators plans to flood the Senate with 22 separate resolutions to block arms sales to Saudi Arabia and other Gulf allies that the Trump administration hoped to muscle through, they announced Wednesday.

Among the senators joining together to introduce the resolutions of disapproval is Trump ally Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), who splits with the president over his support for Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

While I understand that Saudi Arabia is a strategic ally, the behavior of Mohammed bin Salman cannot be ignored," Graham said in a Wednesday statement. "I am also very concerned about the precedent these arms sales would set by having the Administration go around legitimate concerns of the Congress. I expect and look forward to strong bipartisan support for these resolutions of disapproval."

The others introducing the resolutions are Sens. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), ranking member of the Foreign Relations Committee; Chris Murphy (D-Conn.); Rand Paul (R-Ky.); Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.); Todd Young (R-Ind.); and Jack Reed (D-R.I.), the ranking member of the Armed Services Committee.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

I am very concerned, but will likely Iran-Contra these weapons to the saudis so long as I don't officially "know" about it.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Crabtree posted:

No, the only factor that mattered is that his parents were rich and made up an excuse that the government rolled with. A draft doesn't give a poo poo if you are scared.

This doesn’t in any way contradict what he said. Trump had the means. He implied he would’ve fought the Nazis. He weaseled out of the draft because he could and because he was afraid. The exact same scenario would’ve happened had it been ww2 instead of vietnam.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Crabtree posted:

They are cowards. They are cowards who will dog pile on rinos when they reveal themselves and gently caress over anyone if its convenient for them right now.

Yeah, but that is the point, none of them just have undying loyalty to trump and are all just doing whatever benefits them. If trump is doing things that no longer benefit their stock portfolio and their donors donations they aren't just gonna be trump's buddy and pay their own money to support him.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/_waleedshahid/status/1136040428988436480

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHH GO gently caress YOURSELF LIPINSKI

https://twitter.com/MeetMckayla/status/1134163191364292608

Meet Mckayla!

friendbot2000 fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jun 5, 2019

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

friendbot2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/_waleedshahid/status/1136040428988436480

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHH GO gently caress YOURSELF LIPINSKI

Did Bernie endorse Newman over Lipinski last time?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

friendbot2000 posted:

After 40 years of "Gee boy howdy I'd LIKE to go to Vietnam but..." he gets no points for suddenly having a moral objection that is neither moral nor an objection.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1136275230169735169
She gets so little press and all her twitter comments are always negative

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Ugato posted:

This doesn’t in any way contradict what he said. Trump had the means. He implied he would’ve fought the Nazis. He weaseled out of the draft because he could and because he was afraid. The exact same scenario would’ve happened had it been ww2 instead of vietnam.

Yes, and I'm saying the contributing factor to finding a doctor to likely lie for him is directly because of the influence and wealth of his parents. Without that he'd be dead probably the moment he was in boot camp, no matter what theoretical war this was.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Yeah, but that is the point, none of them just have undying loyalty to trump and are all just doing whatever benefits them. If trump is doing things that no longer benefit their stock portfolio and their donors donations they aren't just gonna be trump's buddy and pay their own money to support him.

So long as someone like Turtle is profiting, even a few of them crowing about the traitors to the cause will cow the rest into doing what Trump wants. Graham and McCain are prime examples of this. Ultimately they will eat their own fingers if they're too scared to buck the party, and its very easy to frighten most Republican senators into doing what Fox or even Trump manages to wag the dog to.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Wark Say posted:

Sorry for double-posting but think about it: Jr. goes out there to events along with his dad and/or related to the right/alt-right BS and tries to act like he's a Kennedy or whatever and trying to get his feet wet in the political landscape. He's a big loving idiot who probably doesn't even know what he's doing/talking about.

Ivanka and Jared were given positions in the White House to grift to their hearts' content and stretch their hands to gain some political brownie points (in a grander scale than wet boy Jr. above), as long as they appear to have the lightest layer of competence going on for them... thing is, you don't need to be all that smart, competent, or even all that there to grift. And at every non-grifting opportunity, they have managed to cock it up monumentally. They're also very likely to be compromised to hell and back with people in the Middle East.

So while Jr. might keep looking like the bigger loving idiot (and let's face facts, he is a big loving idiot), Ivanka and Jared are probably dumber than that guy.

Ivanka and Kushner also have Maggie running a full blown PR campaign for them. Anything bad happens you get a story about how actually you see they were against it and anything that looks somewhat competent by this administration's standards will almost invariably be shortly followed by a Maggie byline about how they were the ones guiding it.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Crabtree posted:

I'd wager there is much more PAC money in favor of stopping tariffs than PAC money in favor the more self-destructive forms of protectionism he keeps drifting into. Biggest question remains if they move as a pack-Trump managing to unseat a half dozen incumbents via primaries seems.... unlikely.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

selec posted:

TBH disrespecting the queen is one of those rare He’s Being An rear end in a top hat To The Right People For Once moments.

gently caress the queen. She isn’t a loving queen anyway. Who’s she rule over? Nobody. No power, no queen.

TBF she did more military service than Trump.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Hhaha, the only reason he says that is because he really didn't want to ruin his perfect rich life.
If we wanted to stop all wars we'd make the rich the first boots in the trench

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Failed Imagineer posted:

Any quotes to back that up? I mean I definitely believe it, I've just never heard him mention Vietnam except for today really

I may have been confusing it with statements made by Ted Nugent.

Trump didn't march and he didn't say anything about Vietnam until long after it had ended. This is his same position with the Iraq war, which he is recorded as supporting but now claims to have opposed it - just call Sean Hannity.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
D.C. statehood is a pretty unique case- a really small state but with high density and a democratic lean. Easy two senators! After all, we have to protect those small states from those large ones, right?

Can we abuse this and have other large cities break away as independent city-states for even more Senators without throwing the remainder of the state to the chuds? Would New York state and New York City state get us 4 senators?

(I realize only a few states are constitutionally allowed to break up- but drat am I ever sick of the 'protect small states from the influence of larger states!' argument.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1136257506228035584

This will probably cause a tweet or two from your orange in command.