Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

chaosapiant posted:

What are the 2 classes? I only remember 1: the monk.

Amazon and Barbarian, they used the same sprites as the Rogue and Fighter classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Bard and Barbarian, Amazon is in Diablo 2.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Skwirl posted:

Amazon and Barbarian, they used the same sprites as the Rogue and Fighter classes.

Hang on, I definitely remember Hellfire having a monk class out of the box. Are the amazon and barb classes in addition to that?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

chaosapiant posted:

Hang on, I definitely remember Hellfire having a monk class out of the box. Are the amazon and barb classes in addition to that?

Yes, and it's Bard not Amazon, stupid faulty memory. Monk is the only one with new sprites.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It's cool and a bit weird that someone at GOG is apparently still patching Capitalism 2. It has gotten 3 bug fixes the past month and a half.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Any opinions on Torment: Tides of Numenera?

Reviews are very very mixed, in GoG and everywhere else

edit: Im a big fan of Planescape Torment, but havent played it in years

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

It's cool and a bit weird that someone at GOG is apparently still patching Capitalism 2. It has gotten 3 bug fixes the past month and a half.
Sometimes someone at GOG takes a shine to a game and gives it some special attention, or they apply a canonical fan patch to something that would otherwise be blankly published in its buggier form. Looks like in this case the publisher did it, since the Steam distro got updated, too. Though I guess it's possible someone at GOG fixed it, and just let the publisher know, and they propagated the change to other platforms.

I don't play Capitalism II, I just think it's neat when old weird games get tweaked 20 years after a majority of their audience has probably dwindled to triple-digits.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Angry Lobster posted:

What's the consensus on Diablo: Hellfire? Never played it, but as far as I understand, is just two completely optional dungeons, a new class and some color-swapped monster and spells.

Don’t listen to the dipshits saying it sucks because you can ignore all the stuff you don’t like and just enjoy the fact that you can run in town

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Elias_Maluco posted:

I liked the game quite a bit. It's weird and different and there's tons of goofy purple-prose or whatever the term is and you'll either roll your eyes at that, or embrace it. I just went with it and found the game to be fun and interesting. I believe I am in the minority though.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.

Elias_Maluco posted:

I really liked it. It made some changes to the formula for the better, the dialog is really detailed, and the themes are similar. The fights, which are generally avoidable, do tend to be passable or not really fun, which was my experience with Planescape.

My only other real complaint was that some elements seemed to be included just because it's a Torment game. When it's doing its own thing I think it's a better game than Planescape.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Elias_Maluco posted:

I enjoyed it quite a bit, though I didn’t manage to finish it before I had to move, and my desktop went into storage. I’m a sucker for gameworlds with a healthy dose of weird, and Tides managed to (hurhur) tide me over nicely. The game’s mechanics might be a bit rear end, though, but if you can stomach PS:T’s AD&D jank, Tides shouldn’t be much of an issue; YMMV.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Elias_Maluco posted:

It's a good game. It is, however, very much not Planescape: Torment 2, which is what a lot of people desperately wanted it to be.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I have to confess that I own both the GOG version and a physical copy for PS4, but have played neither; my RPG backlog is enormous and lately I'm playing mostly hex-based strategy games. It does seem to be very divisive, though.

Onto making my backlog even worse... I suppose that there is no way to say this nicely, but this is a very lacklustre big sale for GOG for me. Quite a few games that I hoped to see on sale didn't receive a discount and some of the games I had my eye on are more expensive than around the holidays. However, is it just me or is that a really good deal for PoEII Obsidian Edition? I don't think that it's ever been that cheap before and hard to imagine it will ever go lower than it is now. Two questions though: Is the Obsidian edition the "absolutely bloody everything" edition? I think so, but correct me of I am wrong. Secondly, are Obsidian planning any further content? Again, I don't think so, but I wanted to ask. PoEII is by most accounts even better than the original and I don't see it getting any cheaper, so perhaps now is the time.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Hellfire also comes with Aerosmith tickets.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
I'll be the person that didn't like Tides of Numenera - it felt to me like it mistook the enjoyment of the quality of the text in Planescape: Torment and thought we would be into quantity. It just felt like a shitload of words in a world that was more weird than interesting. Just thudded off of me.

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal

Elias_Maluco posted:

I'd recommend it if it's on sale for a good discount. Not as long or satisfying as Planescape, but good in its own right. The last time I looked at the GOG reviews there was a lot of petty bitterness about the Kickstarter. Don't worry about it - the game is good (imo).

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

There are better text heavy RPGs out there (I didn't even like Tyranny that much, and it's still a better game), and it suffers from how bad the Numenera setting is. It isn't weird or coherent in an interesting way, as Planescape often was, it's just a mess of stone soup science fantasy.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

JustJeff88 posted:

Two questions though: Is the Obsidian edition the "absolutely bloody everything" edition? I think so, but correct me of I am wrong. Secondly, are Obsidian planning any further content? Again, I don't think so, but I wanted to ask. PoEII is by most accounts even better than the original and I don't see it getting any cheaper, so perhaps now is the time.

Yeah that version has everything.

And PoE 2 has released all the planned DLC, and the recent 5.0 patch seems to be them closing the book on updating the game.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

promising carl posted:

I'd recommend it if it's on sale for a good discount. Not as long or satisfying as Planescape, but good in its own right. The last time I looked at the GOG reviews there was a lot of petty bitterness about the Kickstarter. Don't worry about it - the game is good (imo).

Its on sale on GOG right now, 50% off

And you guys convinced me, I think Ill get it. I hated Planescape combat and loved the game anyway, seems like they made a game very true to the original on this aspect. And anyway its been so long Ive played it I wont be able to compare them much

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Fallom posted:

Don’t listen to the dipshits saying it sucks because you can ignore all the stuff you don’t like and just enjoy the fact that you can run in town

Well, shuffle around at x2 speed.

Try doing the duplicate trick now!

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Yeah that version has everything.

And PoE 2 has released all the planned DLC, and the recent 5.0 patch seems to be them closing the book on updating the game.

Thank you. That's what I thought, but I wanted confirmation.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

JustJeff88 posted:

Thank you. That's what I thought, but I wanted confirmation.

It's a good game and it has gotten better and better with the updates. I should probably do another playthrough now that everything is out.

And Larian doing Baldur's Gate 3 is definitely some news. Between Kickstarter and GOG I wonder where the greatest responsibility for resurrecting this style of RPG lies. Though maybe nostalgia guaranteed it would happen in some form regardless.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Wicked Them Beats posted:

It's a good game and it has gotten better and better with the updates. I should probably do another playthrough now that everything is out.

And Larian doing Baldur's Gate 3 is definitely some news. Between Kickstarter and GOG I wonder where the greatest responsibility for resurrecting this style of RPG lies. Though maybe nostalgia guaranteed it would happen in some form regardless.

Long run? These things move across the industry in waves. Firaxis's XCOM was the game that proved that there's money in turn-based strategy that the industry had been assuming wasn't there if your title wasn't called Civilisation and that was really the marker that demonstrated to a lot of people looking at design proposals that these were viable games.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
edit: posted on the wrong thread, sorry

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 6, 2019

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Are there any issues with using a Steam Pillars of Eternity save with the GOG PoE II? I was thinking about finishing up PoE finally and getting II on GOG while it's on sale.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Mr E posted:

Are there any issues with using a Steam Pillars of Eternity save with the GOG PoE II? I was thinking about finishing up PoE finally and getting II on GOG while it's on sale.

No, it works fine. I've got PoE on Steam and PoE II on GOG and the import was uneventful.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008
Is coop on the gog version of Divinity 2 easy enough to get working?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Crookz the great heist is ~3$ for the next 20 hours and it's pretty good. Think commandos meets ocean 11, with a planning layer where you can set up orders for each of your goons and make them execute simultaneously - sneak your team of specialized thieves through a series of 60s era mansions, museums, luxury yachts, with a decent campaign narrative to support it. It's good fun for the price.

trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8kBSaj8g9U
store page: https://www.gog.com/game/crookz_the_big_heist

double nine fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 8, 2019

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?
I'm really stuck in deciding between two 4 player coop games: Divinity 2 and Dying Light.
I want to get Divinity 2 because I heard it's a really good dnd like game where players have a lot of freedom in their choices and actions.
Dying light itself doesn't sound great, but with the I am legion mod sounds very cool surviving an I am legend style world.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Cyberpunk 2077 now available for preorder, release date of April 16, 2020

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

OAquinas posted:

Cyberpunk 2077 now available for preorder, release date of April 16, 2020

Also featuring Keanu Reeves, so the Internet's already asking if you can have sex with him in-game.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Saoshyant posted:

Also featuring Keanu Reeves, so the Internet's already asking if you can have sex with him in-game.

Whoa

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Aces High posted:

I think most of the mods for Diablo (or at least the ones that are still getting updates) were made through Hellfire, so there's that.

It also has 2 other classes and some other "cut content" that can be restored with registry finagling. There's fun, quirky things to be had in Hellfire

You don't have to edit the registry entries, but rather alter one of the game's .ini files (command.txt) to enable the two other classes.

From what I've seen of Hellfire, it's odd. The Monk, Bard, and Barbarian are odd in that they don't really act like the typical Diablo classes. For example, the Monk's Armor Class will actually drop you equip heavy armor. The Barbarian and Bard, despite not being truly implemented in the game, are unique in that the former has no magic abilities, and the latter can dual-wield weapons. The class traits feel more in line with Dungeons and Dragons instead of Diablo.

There's also a rudimentary version of the item chest between characters via a special tile in one of the new dungeons. It only allows you to trade one item at a time, though.

The cut content also includes some goofy easter eggs, one being in reference to the hidden cow level.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Good. :colbert:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Great deal.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1138106237134835713

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

lmao is that the actual cyberpunk cover art

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It’s certainly at least the GOG banner. It’s pretty bad.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Come inhabit the cyber life of Billy Everygame

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I like how they had a cool lady protagonist that everyone liked in the gameplay demo last year and decided to make their cover character a boring white dude instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Who cares about cover art. Nobody even sees them anymore since everything is digital.