Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
And it's completely broken my game. Launcher opens briefly, closes, deletes the stellaris executable then steam gets in a validation loop trying to fix it. Delete the steam download folder, reboot yadda yadda and I can get it to download and fix the files again only for the launcher to open, close and delete the executable all over again...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Beta patch is the Ghost Signal. Throw your computer into the sea before it's too late!

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

A Renaissance Nerd posted:

So, if I even have any mods in my workshop directory, the game crashes instantly on start up. It doesn't even get to the launcher, it just brings up the Paradox crash reporter. I tried a full un and reinstall, followed by unsubbing from my Workshop items, and the only thing that gets the game to run is to have zero mods in the workshop directory. :shepface:

Anyone else get this bug?

Similar for me but with the loading screen to get into the game at 90%.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Im glad there are some bugs to work out tbh, I still need to finish my Skyrim run before I properly dive into a new game.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Saros posted:

Similar for me but with the loading screen to get into the game at 90%.

That patch notes mention fixing startup issues? Or is this after the patch?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
For me it was after the patch. As in, I was playing the game fine, noticed there was a patch this evening showing in Steam so quit out, patched and then this shite started.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

OddObserver posted:

Before, haven't tried the beta yet.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

And Tyler Too! posted:

RIght-clicking the crosshair fixed it, thanks! I guess using the bigger menu is buggy.

No, on your screen shot your ship was like a zillion miles away from the planet. Had the same thing confusing me a couple times, but the large menu really wants your ship to be right loving there and gets angry if your science ship doesn't hover less then 1,2 mm above the anomaly.

Right clicking works because it also moves the ship over there. Would be nice if the big menu had a similar auto-move action on click, but alas :shrug:

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

OddObserver posted:

Update, seems to have been fixed by the patch.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
So I just tried uninstalling/reinstalling without opting in to the test branch and I get 'content file locked' pointing to the stellaris exe - I think something has gone rather screwy with steam distribution.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

cheesetriangles posted:

I found one then got kicked out of that star system before I could colonize it by a leviathan.

skasion posted:

I got a relic world but after I archaeologized it, a loving space dragon came and sat in the middle of the system so I can’t actually do anything with it

Fun fact: if your colony ship lands before the monster shows up, it'll leave your new colony on the world alone. I ended up getting a lot of refugees on that world while everything that entered the system got blown up.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

MEGA SPOILERS

Plus you get to colonise any holy worlds of the FE.

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret
I just got that too and it rules.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Can you get one of the ships blown up on purpose to give yourself access to dark matter drives / shields / engines super early?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

aegof posted:

Fun fact: if your colony ship lands before the monster shows up, it'll leave your new colony on the world alone. I ended up getting a lot of refugees on that world while everything that entered the system got blown up.
This is happening to me right now, and it also spawned the odd factory :ohdear:

Descar
Apr 19, 2010
Is the precursor Anomalies hidden at digging sites now? i'm 15 years in, and no precursors have been found, but got a couple of digging sites. or are they bugged again?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Precursor anomalies still work the same as far as I can tell.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

skasion posted:

Precursor anomalies still work the same as far as I can tell.

They also seem less frequent now because of the archeology events. I'm almost 100 years in and I only have 4 Yuht artifacts so far. Loads of digsites, but I would have expected to have finished the event chain by now, especially since I prioritized discovery.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I decided to make a Tech focused human empire and I got one of my other Human custom civs to appear, I though the game wouldn't spawn two of the same species in a game.

So theres the Human Techno Republic and the Mars Congressional Republic (custom as they're not in the game, not because I completely made it up).

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
UI issue: you can right click to investigate a site if you right click on the site icon to the right of the name bar in-system, but not if you click on the name bar itself.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

skasion posted:

I got a relic world but after I archaeologized it, a loving space dragon came and sat in the middle of the system so I can’t actually do anything with it

Same, drat rats!

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

Can you get one of the ships blown up on purpose to give yourself access to dark matter drives / shields / engines super early?

Tried it; doesn't look like it.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

twistedmentat posted:

I decided to make a Tech focused human empire and I got one of my other Human custom civs to appear, I though the game wouldn't spawn two of the same species in a game.

So theres the Human Techno Republic and the Mars Congressional Republic (custom as they're not in the game, not because I completely made it up).

I think it's not supposed to spawn two Sol systems, but I think spawning multiple species is ok if some are custom.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Also I picked up Leviathan and the robot expak the other day and these new advisor voices.... Are kind of terrible....

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

How do I put a line break in the "biography" text field of species creation?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I researched too deep

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Unrelated, someone sent a raiding fleet after me and it went through the other raiders' territory and got annihilated.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

The Bramble posted:

How do I put a line break in the "biography" text field of species creation?

If I remember right, you can't, but you write the bio in a text editor with breaks and then copy/paste the whole thing in.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Got a few hours to play tonight, wish me luck goons. Jumping right onto the beta patch

edit: new tunes :fap:

edit2: Performance gains are noticeable, feels much much smoother.

edit3: also great QOL improvements with the tooltips - nice work dark and team

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 5, 2019

CBN_Shaggy
Aug 6, 2001

WHAMMIED! :(

Wolfechu posted:

If I remember right, you can't, but you write the bio in a text editor with breaks and then copy/paste the whole thing in.

I can confirm the same trouble/solution many moons ago.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Ugh, several of my new species aren't spawning. And I have to go to work tomorrow, no time to find out what went wrong today, poo poo.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
I hope they fix up thatb text editor window some time. It's the biggest reason I don't actually give my races custom backstories, because it's annoying to write them out.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

HiKaizer posted:

I hope they fix up thatb text editor window some time. It's the biggest reason I don't actually give my races custom backstories, because it's annoying to write them out.

It certainly is irritating. If you want you can type them out manually in the user_empire_designs file.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

twistedmentat posted:

I though the game wouldn't spawn two of the same species in a game.

I once played as humans, was next to totally unique other humans, and found a human FE all in the same game. Was probably early 1.x branch.

So I've got 7 minor relics now... do they transform in to something cooler or what?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Grapplejack posted:

Also I picked up Leviathan and the robot expak the other day and these new advisor voices.... Are kind of terrible....

I like the one that sounds like Brianne of Tarth. Scientist maybe?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If you have 5 of the right kind or relics you can combine them into a Titan class robot starship.

Doctor Zero posted:

The audio quality is kinda all over the place is my main issue with them. They're nice to have otherwise though.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Doctor Zero posted:

I think that's The Diplomat, which is kind of like Picard-but-a-lady, and also becomes the default for the UNE.

I agree that the Hive Mind advisor is atrocious. Machine one fits well though.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Turned out that the worm event didn't break for me afterall. It's immensely satisfying to see all those red and yellow planets inside my borders turn green all at once. :getin:

I killed Shard, got the Rubricator, and started settling the relic world before quitting for the day. I hit Shard with about 12k worth of fleet, with 20 cruisers and a bunch of destroyers heavily favoring lasers. He's not quite as tough as a regular leviathan (maybe?) but he's not too hard if you're tooled up the right way.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Found my first bug of the patch: Planets which you've occupied during a war and then purged their population but before one of your own pops settles the planet will not display their districts correctly when viewing a planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jwalrus
Jul 27, 2007
Possibly connected to the distance bug: AI will now go through your systems to build outposts on the other side. One of my allies just built a outpost that was seven jumps from their systems, two of which were unoccupied space on the other side of me. I'm seeing other AI doing similar, resulting in a hodgepodge of exclaves (enclaves?) where multiple nations meet. This is on the beta.

Edit: This is (sort of) WAD. Just saw the patch notes; AI will now go up to 5 jumps away to build outposts. However, in this case, they went farther than that.

jwalrus fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 6, 2019