Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
JUST SOME MILITARY ADVISORS FOLKS NOTHING TO SEE HERE

JUST TRAINING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.
The entire world is going to descend into full blown fascism before we cook to death from climate change. What a loving time to be alive.

uncop
Oct 23, 2010
Always relevant to Latin America:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/544197494755037185

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

loving this vigorous and lively debate between the right and left

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!

Kindest Forums User posted:

The entire world is going to descend into full blown fascism before we cook to death from climate change. What a loving time to be alive.

It's going to be really bad, op

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I really am taking comfort in the fact that my dead gay country is literally too dumb to do a right wing coup anymore

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

comedyblissoption posted:

oh yah liberal superhero maddow deserves to be on this first page using mccarthyism to express solidarity with the most noble and high foreign policy goals of john bolton
https://twitter.com/maddowblog/status/1124485992247955456

shes incredibly bad, lol

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i don't think of john bolton or rachel maddow as human beings

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/timgill924/status/1135889443234050049
juan guido comes with his own rasputin, cool

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Oh drat, he was trying so hard to be Barack Obama that we didn't notice he's actually Nancy Reagan

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

Goon Danton posted:

Oh drat, he was trying so hard to be Barack Obama that we didn't notice he's actually Nancy Reagan

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Nancy Reagan was famously good at something which is more than you can say for Gauido

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Helsing posted:

Nancy Reagan was famously good at something which is more than you can say for Gauido

getting people with aids killed?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Helsing posted:

It is indeed a nice little insult hidden in there.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

turn off the TV posted:

getting people with aids killed?

Not that, the reason why ronnie married her

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

Helsing posted:

I don't know, they both excelled at sucking.

Beard Dandruff has issued a correction as of 20:07 on Jun 4, 2019

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!
I know it wasn't intentional, but Hillary Clinton praising Nancy for her AIDS work during her funeral leading to multiple media stories about how poo poo she, her husband and his administration actually were to gay people was an excellent troll, even if accidental.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/MV_Eng/status/1136392109920071686

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

"Oh ho ho ho! Devilishly difficult, Michael."

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oops! All Jebs!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
if Juan failed with US support what hope do they think they have

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
hope? they don't need hope, the sanctions are on and what little useful currencies the govt had left has been stolen by imperialist powers. game's already over, and the only expense is going to be 10 million brown people starving to death.

realtalk tho i wonder how much of that splintering is caused by guaido directly. i can't imagine there's enough people in the oppos that are down with calling for more better sanctions and bombing

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

They need to be cycling through these successors one every thirty days, like the Constitution says

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

they should make it a reality show with successors getting voted off at the end of each episode until only Juan! remains

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Remember when the opposition was entirely homegrown and entirely united around the simple demand for democracy and the US wasn't directing them in any way? Good times.

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within

Percelus posted:

they should make it a reality show with successors getting voted off at the end of each episode until only Juan! remains

l0l nice

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lets see the big book on coups shall we?

Step one- Unify the opposition

Ok clearly thats going to take some work lets look at step two

Step two- Get the military on your side

ummmmm yeah

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
the US switching support to another member would be hilarious but even Trumps men can’t be that dumb

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within
iirc the head of the cia is a lady so we have two genders giving us dumb policy now, don't give up hope on a switch just yet.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

gina haspel is basically captain marvel irl and anyone who says different is a sexist

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Do not try to force the coup. Instead, try to realize the truth.

"The truth..."

There is no coup.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

Truga posted:

realtalk tho i wonder how much of that splintering is caused by guaido directly. i can't imagine there's enough people in the oppos that are down with calling for more better sanctions and bombing

The opposition in Venezuela has always been splintered because it falls into a pretty typical cycle of pluralistic democracies where the right wing parties are typically the ego projects of wealthy capitalists or media personalities. Berlusconi could dominate Italy because he was basically both, but it doesn't always work out that way. Guaido was really the first time the opposition had been united at all, and it's because he acted without consulting the rest of them so they all followed his lead hoping that it would pan out and the government would give in. Before this "constitutional crisis," the opposition wasn't even unified on the issue of boycotting the elections. Some of them were confident that the opposition coalition could win the constituent assembly elections and the presidency, but they were overruled.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Can anybody recommend journalists I should contact with a potential Venezuela scoop? I've reached out to Max Blumenthal, anybody else?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

How low energy are the other 40 if Guaido was their best bet?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
presumably at least some of those 40 people probably don't suck rear end and consequently wouldn't be backed by the US.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I have no loving idea what is going on in venezuala!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Socks4Hands posted:

Can anybody recommend journalists I should contact with a potential Venezuela scoop? I've reached out to Max Blumenthal, anybody else?

alex rubinstein, ben norton, mark ames, adam johnson

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

R. Guyovich posted:

alex rubinstein, ben norton, mark ames, adam johnson

thank you, much appreciated

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
pls pick adam johnson so we can get a citations needed episode about ur scoop tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
someone got information that will lead to the arrest of mother crooked?