Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I went to western MD this weekend. That's always a fun trip. We missed the stupid mourning warblers again!! They're hard to get. I have trouble hearing that song. If it's not super chirpy it just sounds like a redstart to me. Everyone else is like "that's weird why do you think that?" But then my buddy misidentified the song and thought he heard the mourning but it was a hooded! So I felt better about it.

Then we go to this place where it's private and they sometimes film ATV commercials and crap there. But we talked to the caretaker named Bob and he said we could go in. We find all these Golden-winged Warblers there and it's fun. And right down the road is where the Bobolinks hang. I love seeing those birds. There's another place we like to go that seems to be declining for GWWA. And that's sad cause it used to be such a nice walk :(. But we found a new place where there are also GWWA and even Cerulean Warblers which we didn't even realize were there!!

Maybe one day I'll get out that way in the prime of migration. And then see some of the stuff they get at a place like Swallow Falls.

One funny thing? My friend is always trying to argue with me about the Ravens! And he doesn't even follow them. We get in the same fight about Elvis Grbac that I get into on here.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jun 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
what makes a bird a warbler?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm voting red winged black bird for best songbird. Prove me wrong.

I love them little bros sitting on the guard rails alongside the interstate.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Non-kawalimus bird chat is haraam

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I went to western MD this weekend. That's always a fun trip. We missed the stupid mourning warblers again!! They're hard to get. I have trouble hearing that song. If it's not super chirpy it just sounds like a redstart to me. Everyone else is like "that's weird why do you think that?" But then my buddy misidentified the song and thought he heard the mourning but it was a hooded! So I felt better about it.

Then we go to this place where it's private and they sometimes film ATV commercials and crap there. But we talked to the caretaker named Bob and he said we could go in. We find all these Golden-winged Warblers there and it's fun. And right down the road is where the Bobolinks hang. I love seeing those birds. There's another place we like to go that seems to be declining for GWWA. And that's sad cause it used to be such a nice walk :(. But we found a new place where there are also GWWA and even Cerulean Warblers which we didn't even realize were there!!

Maybe one day I'll get out that way in the prime of migration. And then see some of the stuff they get at a place like Swallow Falls.

One funny thing? My friend is always trying to argue with me about the Ravens! And he doesn't even follow them. We get in the same fight about Elvis Grbac that I get into on here.

i saw a scissortail flycatcher today at the park

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A pileated woodpecker family nested and gave birth to two chicks in an area with an absolutely perfect line of sight from my dad's desk and he's basically just loving glued to them 24/7. I'm fairly certain they have the grounds for a restraining order.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm voting red winged black bird for best songbird. Prove me wrong.

I love them little bros sitting on the guard rails alongside the interstate.

I like them. But they're not the best!! I like Rusty Blackbirds. Poor things have declined so much. But look so cool in their rusty plumage. Also Yellow-headed Blackbirds which occasionally make an appearance out this way.

Warblers are these little treebirds. And sometimes ground. And often neotropical migrants. Hard for me at my non-ornithologist level to really say what makes em warblers. But they're my favorite birds to look for. Also love sparrows. That's where I really test my skill. I ran into an Australian birder once who couldn't believe how we were able to differentiate the sparrows.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 6, 2019

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

I’m convinced this is all code words for human trafficking

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

BrownThunder posted:

The great birds of bulbaria

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
kawalimus' dark secret. that would be somehow appropriate

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Poop dug

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

postin from a dennys about all the fine birds i saw this weekend

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

A blue haired boobie buying the grand slam, dayum

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

BrownThunder posted:

I think you are mistaking us for the AFC East thread. Thats where the Pats fans hang out.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JeremyHill33/status/1136820626977673216

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Did Jeremy hill even play a single snap for the pats last year? He’s no Rex burkhead.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Did Jeremy hill even play a single snap for the pats last year? He’s no Rex burkhead.

4 carries for 25 yards. He had the same amount of carries as Phillip Dorsett(a WR).

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

thrilla in vanilla posted:

he got hurt in week 5 or something

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
the NFL is the ultimate team sport and every contribution is important no matter how small. it's the accumulation of these little wins that cement the greatest dynasty and nfl team ever tbh and i'm surprised at the sours grape

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Phobeste posted:

the NFL is the ultimate team sport and every contribution is important no matter how small. it's the accumulation of these little wins that cement the greatest dynasty and nfl team ever tbh and i'm surprised at the sours grape

New England is such a team-oriented franchise that even their videographers and ball boys can be the keys to the dynasty.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

New England is such a team-oriented franchise that even their videographers and ball boys can be the keys to the dynasty.

Even their snakeoil salesmen

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
andy dalton white as hell

cant look not corny at all times

https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1138212176345358337

i love my qb, andy dalton

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is Andy Dalton even real?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I see the Bengals are ready for the start of the college D2 season

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I see the Bengals are ready for the start of the college D2 season

oh, didn't know they got moved to the AFC South

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

No Irish Need Imply posted:

andy dalton white as hell

cant look not corny at all times

https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1138212176345358337

i love my qb, andy dalton

Lmao I knew i liked them for a reason

*Andy Dalton teamwide text*
"yo guys meet me in the abandoned warehouse off I-75. bring ur swag and a smoke machine"

Play
Apr 25, 2006

are those new uniforms or is it just an awesome 90s style hype video?

they should bring back the ones with the actual tigers on them

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Bengals have the best helmets in the league and the worst jerseys. Maybe they can change them after Mike Brown dies and also stop using the bad block B logo and also maybe have a good team that wins the Super Bowl

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Bengals have the best helmets in the league and the worst jerseys. Maybe they can change them after Mike Brown dies and also stop using the bad block B logo and also maybe have a good team that wins the Super Bowl

They have the worst jerseys and helmets and players and front office and fans

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Time posted:

They have the worst jerseys and helmets and players and front office and fans
C'mon now, that's not entirely fair. I've never met a bad Bengals fan.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

slap the bengal barrel for good luck

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Bengals first pick has been out a practice or two with a undisclosed ding. The last first overall pick for the Bengals to play out the season without missing a game for injury was Leon Hall in 2007.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bengal barrel

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ravens wouldn't let Micheal Pierce practice because he's so out of shape they were afraid he was going to die or something

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Eifert Posting posted:

The Bengals first pick has been out a practice or two with a undisclosed ding. The last first overall pick for the Bengals to play out the season without missing a game for injury was Leon Hall in 2007.

there is only one first overall pick every year!! bugs the hell out of me when people do this, al michaels you loving rear end in a top hat

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Cavauro posted:

bengal barrel

Vikings Brendan and Sarah from philly moving to Cincy and having

Bengal babies

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

i'm the only person in history that likes the B better than that dumb jumping tiger

I prefer that running back tiger logo from the 70s more than the 90s tiger

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

Ravens wouldn't let Micheal Pierce practice because he's so out of shape they were afraid he was going to die or something

For reference, the guy next to him (Ronnie Stanley, #79) weighs 315 pounds.
Pierce might legitimately be over 400 pounds.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Seems he skipped all the voluntary workouts too. Not the smartest start to a contract year but I still have him pegged as the next Raven linemen to get a big payday elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Seems he skipped all the voluntary workouts too. Not the smartest start to a contract year but I still have him pegged as the next Raven linemen to get a big payday elsewhere.
I understand not wanting to get injured, but there has to be some middle ground between that and doing nothing. The only thing I'm thankful for is that we aren't finding this out at training camp, so this can presumably be fixed.