Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

cash crab posted:

"we are taking a hard stance on this issue, up to and including doing nothing at all"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oicDiFsW1_s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Every social media company's "policies" are just an ad hoc mess of all the ways they've found to get people to stop yelling at them.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
*steeples fingers* how can we code ourselves out of this

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I've been seeing a lot of fash people starting to use the hash symbol by itself, does anyone know what it is coding for?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

there was a 4chan psyop last week to try to get news outlets to report # as a hate symbol

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

LordSaturn posted:

there was a 4chan psyop last week to try to get news outlets to report # as a hate symbol

owning reporters by giving them content

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Cool, like usual, it's just more horseshit

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Youtube twisting itself into an insane pretzel and pissing everyone off in an attempt to not do simple things like "enforce their ToS" is amazing

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Algund Eenboom posted:

Sinatra_Says, a right-wing channel that roleplayed as an anti-trans Frank Sinatra.

when I was seventeen
It was a very good year
it was a very good year for cis-gendered girls
born with perfect souls
and all the right holes
and that's why I feel
transgendered women aren't real

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
'Honk Honk' means Heil Hitler :negative:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Goast posted:

Yeah, vox is poo poo but it doesn't advocate gassing queerfolks or anything

Vox, like youtube, has this progressive veneer but also regularly pulls marketplace of ideas poo poo to justify publishing really horrid poo poo. Like back in April they wanted to run a "what will the world look like in 50 years" thing and commissioned a bunch of pieces, including this from a Liberty university professor.

I'm pretty sure they wrote the headline and had her fill in the rest, and in the middle of an abortion access crisis.

Also back in April Ezra had a white supremacist on his podcast.

The thing that I viscerally hate vox for is this gunwank article they published a week after the pulse nightclub shooting, which reads like a wirecutter article recommending a rifle.

Sorry I probably should have posted all this first but vox sucks rear end and I've never watched acarlos maza video but I'm sure they're garbage.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1136311583754207239

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

He was literally kicked off the news for being so unfunny

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

CuddleCryptid posted:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

CuddleCryptid posted:

yeah i've been trying to find the quote after he got fired.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
You don't need to put out good content when you can just buy an audience

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ah. The "Justa joke, bro!" defense.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Because everyone will swallow prior instead, thus ending pregnancy for good?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

CuddleCryptid posted:

https://twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/1136341801109843968?s=19

Crowder was demonitized. Not sure the effects of it since he is still funded through Blaze, but the ad revenue is gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXdHGszjVCc&hd=1

lol

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

name one funny thing crowder has said ever

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

Right now its preference is the cavity from which it came

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Holy poo poo just realized, YouTube shat together this Nazi solution as quickly and terribly as they could to eclipse the NYTimes pedophile article and resulting media attention. Genius.

Dr. Killjoy has issued a correction as of 01:13 on Jun 6, 2019

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Holy poo poo just realized, YouTube shat together this Nazi solution as quickly and terribly as they could to bury the NYTimes pedophile article and resulting media attention. Genius.

they really, really needed to do something to demonstrate they're paying attention to feedback and this provided an easy out.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Sir Tonk posted:

he’s not capable of being intentionally funny, but the slapstick bit he was part of with that union dude never fails to elicit giggles from me

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Because everyone will swallow prior instead, thus ending pregnancy for good?

Nah, human society will collapse from climate change and the expertise will be lost.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zeroisanumber posted:

Nah, human society will collapse from climate change and the expertise will be lost.

Check out her name.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Check out her name.

I am undone.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Nanomashoes posted:

Right now its preference is the cavity from which it came

interntionally funny

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Grondoth posted:

Youtube twisting itself into an insane pretzel and pissing everyone off in an attempt to not do simple things like "enforce their ToS" is amazing
lowtax gave some interviews awhile back to magazines about social media which is the best thing i've ever read on it

https://theoutline.com/post/2437/who-banned-roger-stone

quote:

It seems, though, that Twitter has become an important place for political discussion and things of that nature. A public space, almost. Do you think rules like those Something Awful has, where you can be banned for pretty much anything, would work in that kind of environment?

Twitter has to at least be transparent, and that's something Twitter has notoriously refused to be. Words go into the black box and consequences come out and you have no idea what caused them or how to prevent it in the future. For instance, there was this guy on Twitter. Of course he had a Pepe avatar, and he was responding to some woman and he called her "a dumb oval office" and told her shut up and posted an image that said, “Rape Sloth is my spirit animal.” We all reported him — I, personally, and I know other people who had — and it took them three weeks to actually suspend his account. Whereas my account was suspended after four hours. Nobody really knows how things work there because there's an utter lack of transparency and they, for whatever reason, don’t have any inclination to be transparent or say what the rules are or make it cut and dry.

We don't even know whether it's an algorithm or a person. Is it a basic keyword search that flags “Nazi” or “rape” or “oval office”? That would make sense, but why would it take three weeks to suspend the account of someone tweeting rape threats? Why is Richard Spencer verified, when wherever he goes people get killed because of him? Nobody really knows. From what I've heard, and I don't know if this is true or not, it’s just low-level interns making arbitrary decisions and they give no fucks. But I can't confirm or deny that because there's no way for anyone to figure out how Twitter works or why they work the way they do.

When you get permabanned on Something Awful, are you still able to see the forums at all?

No. You seen an image of a gigantic tarantula on a man's penis. It's spidercock.jpg.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

That lowtax guy, he's alright

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I should follow him on twitter

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1136433075263549442?s=19

only the most badass posters could gaze upon the replies and post them here

Silly Hyena
May 2, 2014
buh buh buh but the woketubers saved it from being bad!

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Silly Hyena posted:

jesus christ shut the gently caress up

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Silly Hyena posted:

Are you like this because you have a years-long bug up your rear end about Contrapoints? If you don’t like her you could just ignore her.

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within

Silly Hyena posted:

silly hyanus

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Silly Hyena posted:

please, plese turn off ur monitor

Silly Hyena
May 2, 2014
man you people get needlessly defensive about this

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Did she not respond to your dms or something? Let it go. Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Silly Hyena posted:

man you people get needlessly defensive about this

everyone who doesn’t have me on ignore already will know how humiliating this advice is coming from me, but have you considered making better posts?