Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
It's called survival of the fittest. If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Is it worth playing B1 again?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I can see you're no greenhorn when it comes to pre-21st century b-ball vernacular and colloquialisms.

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.

whydirt posted:

Is it worth playing B1 again?

It has above average jrpg combat, good music, and plenty of joke's. A worthwhile experience for any b-baller

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Look at this place, it's a shithole. Literally. They said you should never be afraid to be yourself, but I guess that's only if you're like them. I wasn't. I wasn't like them at all and look where I am now. I'm hiding for my life in the sewers...

But you know what? I hid just as much when I was back up there. But I wasn't hiding from them... I was hiding from myself. You know what? I'd rather be hiding from them than from me. Does that make any sense to you?

"I don't know what the gently caress you're talking about."

Let me ask you something, Charles. What are you?

"Me? I'm Charles Barkley."

I know that but... what are you? What are you deep down at the core of your soul?

"A baller..."

But when was the last time you played B-ball?

"Back before the purge."

That was 12 years ago, Charles. I guess you're not really a baller then.

"Shut the gently caress up! You have no idea what you're talking about."

That's my point though. Down here, I can always be who I really am, a turkey, and nobody can stop me. Sure, i'm hiding from them, but i'm not hiding from myself. You? You're hiding from yourself. Every day you hear the gentle calling of that bumpy, orange ball. You hear Spalding quietly beckon you, 'Barkley, bounce me', but you don't. You don't because of them. B-ball's in your blood, Barkley, but you don't admit it because they don't want you to. You're hiding from yourself.

"You're... You're wrong."

Heh, so be it Barkley. Maybe I am.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
In more positive news, I had forgotten that someone already uploaded a bunch of barkley 2 in-production music, so if chef decides not to bundle the latest bits of music he worked on at least we have these. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5fmNMqR83AdNRhN3aT7T47LXsmU3JbYs

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

spit on my clit posted:

i didnt really get white nationalism from "its ok to be white" but to each their own. its also ok to be proud of being straight just like its ok to be proud of being gay, like i am. just because you approve of yourself doesn't mean you disapprove of others.

Gonna take a second like others have to call out this garbage take. Similar arguments have been made to death and they are always trash. "its ok to be white" is bound in historical and societal context that you can't remove it from. What you said is literally one of the lines/logic the alt-right (on 4chan) use to recruit people! but if you really wanna defend entry level white supremacy, please get it the out of the barkley thread. good vibes only

Truecon420 fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 6, 2019

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Have you thought about selling the remaining code to Tencent Holdings Limited so it can be re-developed into a pay to win smartphone app?

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
Tencent? Buncha amateurs. Clearly the turnaround artist this project needs is Randy Pitchford.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

"the kind they were never able to cure" is insanely good

Shimmerglobe: I was forged thousands of years ago by the proto-dwarfs in a volcano. They infused me with ancient magics to give me speed, bounce, range, and most importantly… accuracy. I cannot miss a jump shot or dunk, Charles Barkley. I cannot miss a slam, jam, thank you ma'am.
Charles: But that breaks all the NBA rules and regulations!
Shimmerglobe: I came before rules and regulations!

one of barkley's skills being "double dribble" which lets him equip the two b-balls at once

the incan gold and then lying about it

the puzzle where you have to get the right number being a giant shotclock

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Truecon420 posted:

Gonna take a second like others have to call out this garbage take. Similar arguments have been made to death and they are always trash. "its ok to be white" is bound in historical and societal context that you can't remove it from. What you said is literally one of the lines/logic the alt-right (on 4chan) use to recruit people! but if you really wanna defend entry level white supremacy, please get it the out of the barkley thread. good vibes only

Zaubers? You think you know Zaubers? Heh, I'll show you zaubers...

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
Jordan, you son of a bitch! You sick goddamn son of a bitch!

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

i don't know why describing people as a sick son of a bitch tickles me so much but it does

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
c'mon guys

applebottoms

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I enjoyed Vinceborg's eye laser attack.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Dr.Smasher posted:

I enjoyed Vinceborg's eye laser attack.
that's one of the only attack animations I still remember

besides bamboozling the enemy from all angles

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

oddium posted:

the puzzle where you have to get the right number being a giant shotclock
holy loving poo poo I never noticed this

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

"I think that ghosts are like dogs and they just sort of do things arbitrarily," is a line that has endlessly stuck with me throughout these long, cold years.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
This isn't a quote but when Sweet Georgia Brown started playing during the Jordan fight I had to step away from the computer

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

WarpDogs posted:

This isn't a quote but when Sweet Georgia Brown started playing during the Jordan fight I had to step away from the computer

a symphony of whistles and toots...

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Dias posted:

c'mon guys

applebottoms

Anything Else? audience holds breath expectantly

Ezelek
Apr 30, 2006

I raised you, and loved you, I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There's nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take is my life.
One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the whole cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jump shot, every rebound and three pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there. I Am B-Ball.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

"I am The Beginning and The End. The Alpha and The Omega. The First and The Last.

"CHAOS DUNK!"

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Vermain posted:

"I think that ghosts are like dogs and they just sort of do things arbitrarily," is a line that has endlessly stuck with me throughout these long, cold years.

As someone with low opinions of both ghosts and dogs I also enjoyed that line greatly.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Truecon420 posted:

a symphony of whistles and toots...
This might actually be my favorite line now that I think about it, or, from right after it, "just you, and me, and Sweet Georgia Brown".

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This might actually be my favorite line now that I think about it, or, from right after it, "just you, and me, and Sweet Georgia Brown".

The dialogue for that scene is perfect

"It's been ages since I last heard that song but… but I can hear it now, a symphony of whistles and toots."

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Dias posted:

c'mon guys

applebottoms

Gotta see it.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Dear Genies,
I think we should try to be as racist as possible to the Duergars. If we can, let us try to take away their civil rights, such as: the right to wear gem-encrusted amulets and the right to eat anything but vitamin C.
Sincerely,
Muhammed Geniebane, Chief of all Genies Combined

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Sonic only dates whites.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

The writing in Barkley 1 was really good. Who was responsible for the writing? It was good.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

"Because Wilford... I love him... even more than Maureen."

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Square-Enix-Goya is a bizarrely prescient gag as SE would buy Eidos the following year.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Freakazoid_ posted:

In more positive news, I had forgotten that someone already uploaded a bunch of barkley 2 in-production music, so if chef decides not to bundle the latest bits of music he worked on at least we have these. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5fmNMqR83AdNRhN3aT7T47LXsmU3JbYs

JTT2 is so goddang good.

can someone make a bball rpg please.

Ezelek posted:

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the whole cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jump shot, every rebound and three pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there. I Am B-Ball.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jun 6, 2019

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Vermain posted:

Same. Also this loving song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUjxPj3al5U

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Someone please explain this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHq5rp3PKc

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I really like the long payoff jokes like giving the turkey feather to Juwanna Mann or Michael Jordan bleeding gatorade when he dies.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Ghost Dad, I... may never know who you were in life, but may you find the peace you sought in death...

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

This is so drat

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

eternity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Jordan, you motherfucking BAKA! You gatdamn motherfucking BAKA!