Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

BigDave posted:

Heading to FOB Whataburger?
The Whataburgee you can see from your tent is off limits. You will stay here, paint the fence, and not shame the Glorious Leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

paint it with piss

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/d-day-celebrate-trump-ronna-mcdaniel_n_5cf7f7d1e4b0e3e3df1427bd

This is cool. Donald Day is a go.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

The Whataburgee you can see from your tent is off limits. You will stay here, paint the fence, and not shame the Glorious Leader.

This whole painting thing got me thinking.

I think the solution to the wall funding is corporate sponsorship. The wall costs could be covered with billboard advertising on the wall itself- prices dependent on “air time” per capita;so high visibility areas, San Diego/TJ would command super-bowl pricing. The remote areas would be 3 a.m. network level.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hail satan

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/status/1136393050916347906?s=19

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Must have been awkward for Mike Huckabee to celebrate the 4th of July as the former governor of a state that tried to secede and lost.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

psydude posted:

Must have been awkward for Mike Huckabee to celebrate the 4th of July as the former governor of a state that tried to secede and lost.

And still looks upon that attempt with pride instead of shame.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
almost as awkward as that time mike huckabee's son tortured and killed a dog

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Dingleberry posted:

I think the solution to the wall funding is corporate sponsorship. The wall costs could be covered with billboard advertising on the wall itself- prices dependent on “air time” per capita;so high visibility areas, San Diego/TJ would command super-bowl pricing. The remote areas would be 3 a.m. network level.

it's been done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkkgY5d_Q-k

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Tryzzub posted:

almost as awkward as that time mike huckabee's son tortured and killed a dog
Almost as awkward as the time Mike pushed to get a violent serial rapist released from prison because of an anti-Clinton conspiracy theory, who then promptly raped and murdered someone.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Dingleberry posted:

That'll be very useful for helping to choose which CEOs to guillotine

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

There will be burn pits for the excess paint.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

my kinda ape posted:

That'll be very useful for helping to choose which CEOs to guillotine

Speaking of guillotines https://twitter.com/jordanuhl/status/1136439168907845632?s=21

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

You criticize the metric system, yet are utterly unable to function as a human being without a 10mm socket :thunk:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
On this day we commemorate D-Day, the beginning of a campaign that would liberate France and help defeat Germany. But also, we fight in the trenches against that anti-history Robespierre-ian plot, the metric system.

It's D-Day in France, at least.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’m doing my part. I literally had a raised voices argument at work with people who wanted to keep our system using nautical miles because “that’s what the operators are used to” despite the fact that all our partners use metric and conversion errors had contributed to actual operational problems

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

shame on an IGA posted:

You criticize the metric system, yet are utterly unable to function as a human being without a 10mm socket :thunk:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
The metric system is just better, but sorry, nm and knots and kilofeet all day for aviation related purposes. Those are the rules!!!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I also had an argument over how the system probably shouldn’t use shades of red to distinguish between warning and critical alarm states and was told “we shouldn’t be hiring color blind people anyway.”

Literally the only change that had to be made to accommodate everyone.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Who wouldn't want to automatically discount about 1 in 12 men from working on something or being able to interpret warnings?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

In something completely unrelated, please have current Tetanus shots.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

A Bad Poster posted:

You say that, but what if you were a cop and didn't actually care about the lives or safety of anyone but yourself?

"To protect and serve" doesn't say who exactly that applies to, and it seems that every police officer has decided that it only means themselves.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

must be awkward having large sons who murder dogs for fun

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Christian family values are a disgusting joke.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hail Satan

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Casimir Radon posted:

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Christian family values are a disgusting joke.

I don’t know that this is true at all anymore than saying Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist etc. family values are a disgusting joke.

Teachings get distorted.. followers are imperfect, and human. But I don’t know that Christianity or it’s values in and of themselves are disgusting.

Some of its adherents.. are unforgivable chodes. But the foundational teachings have little to nothing to do with the perversions of the faith your thinking of.

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I don’t know that this is true at all anymore than saying Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist etc. family values are a disgusting joke.

Teachings get distorted.. followers are imperfect, and human. But I don’t know that Christianity or it’s values in and of themselves are disgusting.

Some of its adherents.. are unforgivable chodes. But the foundational teachings have little to nothing to do with the perversions of the faith your thinking of.

I don't think it's the distortion of religious teachings that make "Christian family values" a joke so much as some politicians are real vocal about having them but always turn out to be gigantic mind boggling hypocrites and all around horrible people.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

kraken! posted:

I don't think it's the distortion of religious teachings that make "Christian family values" a joke so much as some politicians are real vocal about having them but always turn out to be gigantic mind boggling hypocrites and all around horrible people.

Yeah it's been a thing in politics since at least 200 BC. Hypocrisy and sanctimony are reviled by most of the POV characters in the Bible for a reason, and I'm sure it's a concept familiar to older tribes and religions.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

This is from the nato event in Chicago in 2012. The black officer was hit over the head with a board in a prior photo.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Syrian Lannister posted:

This is from the nato event in Chicago in 2012. The black officer was hit over the head with a board in a prior photo.

is the officer angry he didn't get first dibs in abusing the minority?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

The metric system is just better, but sorry, nm and knots and kilofeet all day for aviation related purposes. Those are the rules!!!

Just need to make sure we don't go half way there like the UK. Miles for distance, pounds and stone for bodyweight but grams and kilograms for poo poo you buy in the store. And pints of beer instead of a half litre because they just need that little bit more.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

do you want the gimli glider?

because this is how you get the gimli glider.

(KG to pound conversion error made a 767 into the world's biggest glider which a pilot with giant swinging chromium nuts then landed dead-stick on a runway-turned-dragstrip)

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

MA-Horus posted:

(KG to pound conversion error made a 767 into the world's biggest glider which a pilot with giant swinging chromium nuts then landed dead-stick on a runway-turned-dragstrip)

:stare: got an article for that?

e: jfc ran out of fuel at 41,000ft :catstare: I thought Gimli Glider was a cute nickname, not an actual thing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimli_Glider

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Icon Of Sin posted:

:stare: got an article for that?

e: jfc ran out of fuel at 41,000ft :catstare: I thought Gimli Glider was a cute nickname, not an actual thing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimli_Glider

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimli_Glider

Gah beaten. There's a great episode of Mayday/Air Crash Investigation on it. The pilot was an experienced glider pilot and both pilot/copilot were ex-RCAF, so they knew Gimli field was close by. The actors portraying the pilot and co-pilot really sell it.

Pilot: We're too high. I'm gonna have to slip it
Co-pilot: :stare: (Thinking; you cannot loving side-slip a wide-body passenger jet)

MA-Horus fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jun 6, 2019

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Is that when they hosed up the fuel and thought kg meant pounds so 2.2 time less than they were supposed to?

Also america went to Germany to defend some paper and not kill nazis I guess

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1136482268778618880?s=19

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

MA-Horus posted:

that guy fucks so hard

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
constitutional rights?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Milo and POTUS posted:

constitutional rights?

It’s just a remix of “troops fight for our freedom.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Killing Nazis is a constitutional right.