Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Alright, how about this:

Swapped in chainmail coat, added beard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

40-Degree Day posted:

Changed my steam name to "mordhau player but not racist" and I started getting teabagged 1000 percent more than before.

Lol

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

40-Degree Day posted:

Changed my steam name to "mordhau player but not racist" and I started getting teabagged 1000 percent more than before.

that also works in plenty of other games

Try "warcrimerommel" in any ww2 game, preferably tank based ones

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

soy posted:

It runs flawlessly on my PC pretty much 100% of the time. :shrug:

It WAS running flawlessly , then it started doing this . So I turned the settings down a bit and it’s gone back to running perfectly . It doesn’t look as pretty but I’d rather be able to load fast and play. Even in 40+ player servers .

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
I don't know if this build is old news for the thread but I've really been enjoying my 'Battle Archer' for the past few weeks since my sword skills are generally no bueno. 2/3/0 armor with a recursive bow, throwing axes, and training sword load-out. As much as possible, I try to push the front lines and let as many arrows fly as I can. Being close to the front, it's pretty easy to pick off retreating wounded enemies for easy kills and by peppering all the enemies around me with 20/40 damage I feel like I'm doing my part and I get a gently caress ton of assists. Anyone else play like this?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Why do you have a training sword

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I'm really starting to enjoy playing toolbox in skirmish, half the server gets irrationally pissed off when they have to chase down the engy or bother to equip firepots

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
possibly relevant specs:

quote:

Machine name: SCHWARTZ
Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 65536MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 63076MB RAM
Page File: 13043MB used, 59248MB available

Drive: C:
Free Space: 120.6 GB
Total Space: 487.8 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: Samsung SSD 950 PRO 512GB

quote:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ps7ZQV

CPU: Intel - Core i7-6700K 4 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($297.89 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H110i 113 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($158.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($158.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial - M4 512 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Samsung - 950 PRO 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($239.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card ($899.00 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair - Vengeance C70 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair - 760 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor ($429.93 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Razer - BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Zowie - EC1-A Wired Optical Mouse ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Headphones: Sennheiser - PC 363D 7.1 Channel Headset
Total: $2424.65
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-05 17:49 EDT-0400

I run the game on max settings, no issues. Maybe a weird frame drop once in a while but it's not enough to affect my game play.

soy fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 5, 2019

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

The chainmail coat you unlock at like rank 20-something (maybe 30) looks pretty sweet. That plus the the brigantine arms/legs could make a nice combination.

I've been trying and failing to make a good Solaire costume, the available sun decals are worse for it than Chivalry's, and the closest thing to Solaire's green mantle thing (the wolf pelt) doesn't have the right colours.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Has there been any patches or updates with content?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I believe they're going to be adding playable women as the next major content inclusion, plus a new map.

They've also made mention of more racial diversity, it's just taking time because they want to accurately model them and not just slap dark skin onto the current generic European dudes.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

A couple of weapon skins got added in the last patch a few weeks ago, but there hasn't been a patch since then. A lot of communication and rapid patching, with previews up upcoming content (pics of one of the new maps, discussion on female characters) followed by a long period of silence leads me to think that whenever we do get another patch, it will be a big one.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Glenn Quebec posted:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah at least rock the quarterstaff or something. Or a cleaver.

my "ranged" build is 1/1/0 Crossbow, Shortsword, Beartrap lol

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gonna stream this fun bad game

https://www.twitch.tv/s_o_y

e: done streaming but follow me anyways ill send you my premium butt pics

soy fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jun 6, 2019

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope

Glenn Quebec posted:

Mostly for when I get my bow knocked out of my hand or get surprised by someone. Sometimes I can get back far enough by parrying with the sword that a teammate can come join the fight and bail me out. I'm thinking about losing an armor point and going to fire bombs instead as a better way to defend against people getting up in my face but fire is scary

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Rush is basically the best perk. Have a nice day.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I was playing as an archer in skirmish and even if I was hitting people and sometimes killing them , it felt like I wasn’t contributing at all to the battle and I was kind of hanging out .

Going in swinging with the maul screaming and crushing people was a lot more satisfying .

But really more people need to sneak into their backlines and kill whatever rear end in a top hat keeps catapulting us

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

40-Degree Day posted:

I found changing your avatar to 'kill whitey' is effective too, because they only see it when you kill them.

Zotix posted:

Rush is basically the best perk. Have a nice day.

how does it work? I've never really understood it.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

From what I heard abstreamee say, sprinting takes 5 seconds to reach full speed. Rush throws you to this full state immediately on a kill. I'm not sure if the first part is completely true, but the speed increase of rush is noticeable. Like when you kill someone you are booking it. A lot of times you.can close the gap on someone else really fast before they can react.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zotix posted:

From what I heard abstreamee say, sprinting takes 5 seconds to reach full speed. Rush throws you to this full state immediately on a kill. I'm not sure if the first part is completely true, but the speed increase of rush is noticeable. Like when you kill someone you are booking it. A lot of times you.can close the gap on someone else really fast before they can react.

Yeah this is accurate. I was watching some tryhard streamer use this with war axe or something and tearing through groups ping ponging around on people.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

TracerBullet posted:

Mostly for when I get my bow knocked out of my hand or get surprised by someone. Sometimes I can get back far enough by parrying with the sword that a teammate can come join the fight and bail me out. I'm thinking about losing an armor point and going to fire bombs instead as a better way to defend against people getting up in my face but fire is scary

I think their point was more that the training sword is 100% a gimmick weapon that takes literally 20+ hits to kill somebody :v:. Any other weapon, even the 1 pointers, will be drastically better if you want to actually kill anything. The quarterstaff is pretty much just as good defensively, but is also capable of actually hurting people.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

yeah the training sword is literally that, it does like 3 damage. it's for training.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

40-Degree Day posted:

Changed mine to "Mordhau Pride Month" with a rainbow avatar and I seem to be very popular now. Sometimes even my own team wants to give me special sword hugs!

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
wtb dwarfism trait that makes me half as tall

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Motherfucker posted:

I also want to be the tomato guys from horde mode. Especially the part where you stretch and deflate on death.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Motherfucker posted:

Bet you always called Oddjob too t:mad:t

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

McSpanky posted:

Changed mine to "Mordhau Pride Month" with a rainbow avatar and I seem to be very popular now. Sometimes even my own team wants to give me special sword hugs!

Is there some setting where you can actually see peoples names without having to aim at them? I've noticed like 3 names in my entire time playing this game ad that's because i was getting owned.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

dogstile posted:

Is there some setting where you can actually see peoples names without having to aim at them? I've noticed like 3 names in my entire time playing this game ad that's because i was getting owned.

Hit H then anyone in your friends list or in your squad will have their name displayed above their head.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Pulcinella di Bund posted:

I was playing as an archer in skirmish and even if I was hitting people and sometimes killing them , it felt like I wasn’t contributing at all to the battle and I was kind of hanging out .

Going in swinging with the maul screaming and crushing people was a lot more satisfying .

But really more people need to sneak into their backlines and kill whatever rear end in a top hat keeps catapulting us

I don't play archer that often but I do like running a 0/1/1 with a recurve and falchion and both archer perks.

Ranger lets me keep up with the pack while slinging arrows as we close then I can move around throwing arrows in people's faces from between the gaps in the line and jump in with the falchion to fill gaps if someone goes down or there's a flank to exploit. Been thinking of switching out huntsman for either a better weapon or more armor but the speed of my current weapon/armor setup is part of what allows me dictate my engagements.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Phlegmish posted:

Alright, how about this:

Swapped in chainmail coat, added beard.

Everyone's axe build looks completely the same.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
the dev's should just let me give them $5 so i can dress up my barbie without having to level up forever; im like level 8 because i can play 1/2 games every other night.

maybe i should just play horde mode

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

So is that good? Bad? You guys aren't constructive at all

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Parachute posted:

the dev's should just let me give them $5 so i can dress up my barbie without having to level up forever; im like level 8 because i can play 1/2 games every other night.

maybe i should just play horde mode

I'm so glad this game doesn't let me impulse buy cosmetics with my credit card. I must have spent like $3000 on planetside 2 over the years I played that.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

VulgarandStupid posted:

Hit H then anyone in your friends list or in your squad will have their name displayed above their head.

Ah right, thanks!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Lowkey pissed that you can't take the peasant weapons without the perk, I'd much rather a club than a quarterstaff for a themed ranger class I wanna build

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Man, I just wanna build a fun Bardiche build along the lines of of the original Streltsy, but the game has neither sufficiently balling robes nor hats. :arghfist::saddowns:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
The one crucial piece of customization is turning the fat meter to max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

Lard Lad

A more svelte look.