Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Icon Of Sin posted:

I love my Outback! I had a Jeep previously, and I don’t wake up every morning disappointed that nobody stole/set my car on fire. My Outback is great for road trips with piles of dive gear in the back, too :)

What kind of Jeep, this is important :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Fender Anarchist posted:

Hey why not, I'm feeling these pants

Don't neglect the top, it's a good look!

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

JEEVES420 posted:

If someone owns a 4 door wrangler with a hardtop, they're 1000% a cop. Its a nature fact.

Karnegal posted:

Don't neglect the top, it's a good look!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The top I've had for a while, the pants are new, so they're what I was excited about, lol. My mom bought them over a year ago on clearance but they were way too long for her, but now that I'm out and picking through her leftover clothes it turns out they fit me perfectly. Clearly it was fate.

The top is absolutely amazing though, yes. I also have one in black, they're both fantastic.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Karnegal posted:

Don't neglect the top

:hmmyes:

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Fender Anarchist posted:

The top I've had for a while, the pants are new, so they're what I was excited about, lol. My mom bought them over a year ago on clearance but they were way too long for her, but now that I'm out and picking through her leftover clothes it turns out they fit me perfectly. Clearly it was fate.

The top is absolutely amazing though, yes. I also have one in black, they're both fantastic.

I don't know about you, but getting hand me downs from female family members is one of my favorite things because it's super validating and feels very supportive. About 75% of my leggings were hand me downs from my wife because she sized down and her old ones fit me. She was super apologetic about giving me old stuff and was like "you can go buy new things," but to me it was mainly a sweet reassurance that she was on board.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

JEEVES420 posted:

Wrangler, 2009, 2 doors, soft top. Drove it to/from AK, abused it thoroughly while I was there, traded it to my dad for his old Subaru, and he sold it to a dealer for ~$13k. If I never hear wind noise again, it'll be too soon.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Karnegal posted:

I don't know about you, but getting hand me downs from female family members is one of my favorite things because it's super validating and feels very supportive. About 75% of my leggings were hand me downs from my wife because she sized down and her old ones fit me. She was super apologetic about giving me old stuff and was like "you can go buy new things," but to me it was mainly a sweet reassurance that she was on board.

god, yes, so much this. my mom's looking through everything and making suggestions and my sister wants to get me something off eshakti and the other sister is wanting to give makeup advice and just ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i am so loved

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Icon Of Sin posted:

Wrangler, 2009, 2 doors, soft top. Drove it to/from AK, abused it thoroughly while I was there, traded it to my dad for his old Subaru, and he sold it to a dealer for ~$13k. If I never hear wind noise again, it'll be too soon.

to be fair you did have a JK, I'm sorry. But if you don't like road noise then Jeeps are never going to be your thing :shrug:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Oh it was cool at the start. I could work on it, swap things, add things, turn every kind of wrench on pretty much anything within it, etc. Then things started breaking and needing fixing beyond what I could do (I got mud inside the axle somehow, which cost a pretty penny to fix, my power steering went out, the clutch tried to catch on fire on the highway...etc), and I was suddenly over it. That, and when I got out of the army I was living on my GI Bill...which didn’t pay enough to fix the growing problem list. I started loathing it right before I drove it back from AK, and spending over 7 days at 14hrs/day of driving, I was completely done.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

I did a thing and figured it would make a good first post here .

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

:stwoon:

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

LunarShadow posted:

That is very awesome!

Dimloep
Nov 5, 2011

LunarShadow posted:

That is rad.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

LunarShadow posted:

Dope

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Double dope

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
dope +1

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Just gonna say it was really weird to see everyone say Dope when I'm literally hearing the BTS song at the restaurant I'm in right now.

But yeah that's dope

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

LunarShadow posted:

Noice!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'm going to repeat myself: I love this thread. It's super wholesome and positive, one of my favourite threads on these dead gay forums hands down.

And now for the selfie.

This was last night's look :)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

LunarShadow posted:

That is a kick-rear end tat.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

dope!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Oh, what the heck, since everyone else has been doing it; here's something unique for you all, a balding goon!

The mustaches are to make up for the complete lack of personality.

Samovar has a new favorite as of 10:20 on Jun 6, 2019

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)

Goober Peas posted:

I did the same thing.

Birds of a common feather...

:laffo:

loving same here. Blame it on my ADHD?

Samovar posted:

Oh, what the heck, since everyone else has been doing it; here's something unique for you all, a balding goon!

The mustaches are to make up for the complete lack of personality.

Hell yeah! That's one awesome mustache.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I’m digging the rat tail.

I’m not allowed to have long hair.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

I am daydrinking whisky. Hallo goons.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Love the eyeshadow!

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

FreshFeesh posted:

Love the eyeshadow!

Thank you!! I got it today, raspberry, with a dark berry eyeliner.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Fatty: 1
Cursed Hotel: 0

Dimloep
Nov 5, 2011

...go on.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Dimloep posted:

...go on.
Picture it: The Cecil Hotel, 2012.

The long and short of it is that on the evening of June 6, 2012, I was on a sixth-floor fire escape having a cigarette. The next thing I know I'm handcuffed to a bed in USC Medical Center, with several things bruised, cracked, dislocated and otherwise put out of sorts.

Exactly how I came to stop being on the fire escape and somehow not be a pile of goo on the cement below is still a matter of speculation, but I do know that the phone I had on me made it's way of a dealer named Marvin, who took several selfies and used my account to buy Corrine Bailey Rae's Put Your Records On before I was able to report the phone missing.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

What a specific choice in bad music.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Can I tell my cursed hotel story? If you had me on snapchat back in 2014 you might remember this.

I was on a uni trip travelling through Idaho and Montana after 2 weeks in the Utah desert when we needed to find a hotel for the night, but it was going to be a midnight check-in. We called a Motel6, informed them we would arrive late, and the guy said no problem, he'd be waiting.

We show up and there's no one at the counter. We call out, phone the number multiple times, it rings and rings behind the counter, wait 30 minutes. No sign of anyone. One of my buddies was REALLY cranky and exhausted and hopped the counter, found some room keys, and went to the room. No power. When he came back, we heard a noise. Then from around the corner comes a cat. A CAT. It just sits on the floor behind the counter and stares at us. For 10 minutes.

At this point we just assumed the check-in dude turned into a cat and he's unable to help us. So we start calling other hotels and we find a lady who says we can go to her hotel. We head over there, hoping she's not actually a ferret or a lemur.

She is indeed human.

Except she's elderly AND it's her first day and the computer is off and she doesn't know how to turn it on. So we had to help her check us in. But at least we had a place to stay for a few hours. We had just spent 2 solid weeks sleeping in tents and were desperate for beds.

Anyway here's the feline manager of the Motel6 in Dillon, Montana. He is decidedly not helpful.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

lmfao

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Teagan posted:

I am daydrinking whisky. Hallo goons.

There is not a bad time for whiskey.

Unless its Fleischmann's, then it's always a bad time for whiskey.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

First time I was shot at was at some motel outside of Phoenix. That was just a cursed city.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Picture it: The Cecil Hotel, 2012.

The long and short of it is that on the evening of June 6, 2012, I was on a sixth-floor fire escape having a cigarette. The next thing I know I'm handcuffed to a bed in USC Medical Center, with several things bruised, cracked, dislocated and otherwise put out of sorts.

Exactly how I came to stop being on the fire escape and somehow not be a pile of goo on the cement below is still a matter of speculation, but I do know that the phone I had on me made it's way of a dealer named Marvin, who took several selfies and used my account to buy Corrine Bailey Rae's Put Your Records On before I was able to report the phone missing.

That fire isn't on the list, nor does a cursory google search turn anything up.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Choom Gangster posted:

That fire isn't on the list, nor does a cursory google search turn anything up.
Fire escape.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Fatty: 1
Cursed Hotel: 0

I am loving the hell out of that red on you. Especially with the color of your eyes.

Wait cursed hotel?

Look at this sunshine! Not bad for 33.

Also I found heart-shaped gay pride snake pins on Amazon but mine isn't here till Saturday. Gonna wear it all the gently caress over, because I'm lucky I can where I live. Happy Pride everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

JEEVES420 posted:

First time I was shot at was at some motel outside of Phoenix. That was just a cursed city.

If you've been shot at multiple times, I'm afraid to say that you are probably what's cursed, not the city you happened to be in.