Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Bape Culture posted:

Is he even that good I don’t recall people going on about him until the agent hype games started

He was real good in the CL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Gigi Galli posted:

He was real good in the CL.

Also their captain while still being a teenager so

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Surprised city arent in for him, guess they must be taking this ffp thing seriously

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I want Arsenal to buy some good players

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Surprised city arent in for him, guess they must be taking this ffp thing seriously

Aren't they gonna try to buy maguire for homegrown status?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Purely for the phil jonesiness of it i would love to see john stones and harry macguire trying to play pep ball

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Maguire is actually decent and has technical ability though?

Also City are buying Felix.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Brony Car posted:

He probably knows Moreno from his time at Sevilla. I bet it would work out well, but I seem to rate Emery more than most Arsenal fans.
emery should also know moreno from the 2016 europa league final, which should be enough of a warning sign to never let such a player near your defence

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

All you need to do to convince Arsenal fans/managers/board members/owners on Moreno is to just show his goal against Spurs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uATgi0O4dY4

Plus hes free.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Total Meatlove posted:

Maguire is actually decent and has technical ability though?

Also City are buying Felix.

Maguire is pretty good on the ball, yes. He just looks like he should be hoofing the ball out of the stadium and onto the road at a non-league club.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This summer is already starting to look ominous for United. They are "monitoring" players and apparently only starting to think about the possibility of talking about maybe discussing some deals in the near future, maybe. Nobody's gone out either. No DoF appointed (as expected).

Ie. Woodward doing the Woodward. Look for panic Gareth Bale bids in late July, I guess.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

When does the window end, isn't it like the start of August now?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

West007 posted:

When does the window end, isn't it like the start of August now?

August 8th yeah.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Dan James travelled to United last night to have his medical this morning.

Flies out to Croatia this afternoon so it'll have to be quick.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Der Shovel posted:

This summer is already starting to look ominous for United. They are "monitoring" players and apparently only starting to think about the possibility of talking about maybe discussing some deals in the near future, maybe. Nobody's gone out either. No DoF appointed (as expected).

Ie. Woodward doing the Woodward. Look for panic Gareth Bale bids in late July, I guess.

i thought madrid were throwing hamz and the wonderchimp at united to get pogba/de gea already?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Xhaka is potentially going to inter for 55m. Think that's pretty reasonable although I do think he is under rated by lots of fans. While he does make too many mistake he is one of our few players with any bottle.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Xhaka is potentially going to inter for 55m. Think that's pretty reasonable although I do think he is under rated by lots of fans. While he does make too many mistake he is one of our few players with any bottle.

Football's gone mad.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Eau de MacGowan posted:

i thought madrid were throwing hamz and the wonderchimp at united to get pogba/de gea already?

Lol if they're getting rid of courtois already

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Jose posted:

its real madrid

and they didnt win the champions league

literally anything is possible

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Jose posted:

There were rumours that he was going the other way a while back. Highly doubt that, though. Didn't he kick up a bit of a stink to move back to Madrid because that's where his ex and kids were?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Healbot posted:

Didn't know you played for Liverpool.

Kindly gently caress right off with this.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Courtois isn't good enough to make up for how much disruption he causes by being a oval office.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
According to people who claim they know, Liverpool are not in for him.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Where is Inter getting all that money, isn’t Italian football poor as gently caress

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Mickolution posted:

There were rumours that he was going the other way a while back. Highly doubt that, though. Didn't he kick up a bit of a stink to move back to Madrid because that's where his ex and kids were?

Yeah she stayed there with the kids because he cheated on her and rightly didn't want to move

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
didn’t he cheat on her with de Bruyne’s girlfriend?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Xabi posted:

According to people who claim they know, Liverpool are not in for him.

Yeah apparently it's between United and Barca now, amusingly enough after last week the In The Know people knew that Barca had cooled off after United pushed the price too high.

So at this rate he'll probably end up going to Inter or something.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

hadji murad posted:

didn’t he cheat on her with de Bruyne’s girlfriend?

Yep. A weird part of it is that she’s a decidedly average looking woman and way less attractive than other WAGs.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jun 6, 2019

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Vegetable posted:

Where is Inter getting all that money, isn’t Italian football poor as gently caress

Inter has plenty of money. They are owned by a gigantic Chinese conglomerate that actually exists.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

Yep. A weird part of it is that she’s a decidedly average looking woman and way less attractive than other WAGs.

Maybe she's batshit crazy, but really good in bed. (I would know what that situation is like as a big sex-haver.)

It still boggles my mind that Madrid hasn't just stuck with Navas. That guy rules.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Wolves interested in Rafael Camacho from LFC. Apparently for around 10 mil, he’s willing to move. Is he any good?

Edit: source: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2019/06/06/wolves-hope-to-sign-liverpool-starlet/

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

The guy who started this rumor and was claiming to be Xhaka’s cousin came out and said it was a joke and he’s not xhaka’s cousin. I would love to sell Xhaka for 55m though.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

tao of lmao posted:

Wolves interested in Rafael Camacho from LFC. Apparently for around 10 mil, he’s willing to move. Is he any good?

Edit: source: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2019/06/06/wolves-hope-to-sign-liverpool-starlet/

He’s played almost zero senior football. Anyone who has an opinion either way is lying.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
He's "highly rated" whatever that means. Just remember the subsequent records of Jordon Ibe, Brad Smith etc. Suso's about the only one of our highly rated yoof prospects that's worked out for another team. Oh, and Peter Gulasci several years later.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

tao of lmao posted:

Unless you watch the reserve team matches and follow the youth team discussion threads on RAWK and other Liverpool forums, it's hard to have an informed opinion. As far as senior team appearances go, he has only made 1 league and 1 FA Cup appearance. He would probably be left in Liverpool's youth development incubator/limbo until some opportunity opened up due to a senior team injury crisis or he otherwise managed to make a massive development step.

https://readliverpoolfc.com/2019/06/05/camacho-could-leave-liverpool-after-tempting-offer-from-wolves/

On the other hand, He's a Sporting Lisbon product (which may be helping fuel Nuno Santo's interest) and Camacho has done well in his U-23 appearances for Liverpool with 12 goals and 8 assists in 20 matches. Liverpool rate him, so I suspect they'll try to put in a decent buy-back clause if a deal goes through.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

tao of lmao posted:

As a huge Liverpool fan I have seen him in action (mostly in friendlies I think). He's been pretty good in those but you can't really tell anything from friendlies. In short: who knows.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

tarbrush posted:

He's "highly rated" whatever that means. Just remember the subsequent records of Jordon Ibe, Brad Smith etc. Suso's about the only one of our highly rated yoof prospects that's worked out for another team. Oh, and Peter Gulasci several years later.

Martin Kelly has carved out a good career for himself.

And do we get to call Raheem Sterling an academy product?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Brony Car posted:

Martin Kelly has carved out a good career for himself.

And do we get to call Raheem Sterling an academy product?

They'd both had plenty of experience in the first team when they were sold, so not quite the same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I believe you will find that kristian nemeth has become a superstar